Steven Universe

A new epsiode is gonna air overseas in Hong Kong (Southeast Asia) and Vietnam titled "Dewey Wins".

>Steven helps Mayor Dewey run a difficult campaign.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

kametsu.com/topic/57130-cartoon-network-unofficial-previews/?do=findComment&comment=566987
foxtel.com.au/tv-guide/grid/2017/08/25/1700
nowtv.now.com/epg/?lang=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kill yourself faggot

It is going to be shit. Just like the show.

Oh I forgot, the episode airs tomorrow at 5 PM GMT which is 9 PM for the East Coast.

Nah, I like living my life.

I feel sorry for those countries because they're going to be subjected to this anal cancer.

Oh boy, more shitty filler. Can't wait.

>finally reveal Homeworld
>Steven leaves Lars at Homeworld to fend for himself
>this would be a perfect opportunity to actually show the fallout of Lars' disappearance and Steven could at least ATTEMPT to rescue him or even pretend to care
>lol nope townie episodes!

This show frustrates me to no end, good god.

How weak do you have to be to get this triggered by a cartoon?

Calling it shit isn't being triggered. However being angry at someone's negative opinion on your show is.

Who cares about this shit
I actually like the show, I am just shitposting

Honestly, everything is forgiven if Mayor Dewey runs against someone voiced by Micheal J. Nelson.

Is this even real? Honestly i don't believe you, there's no way they would go back to filler anymore, specialy not for some no character like the fucking mayor

The episode is obviously airing WAY out of order. I'm betting it's an episode that's not coming until far later in the season.

That being said, I wonder if anything super spoilery is going to be presented? I'm thinking like a new opening that shows us things that we have yet to see in the upcoming space arc.

kametsu.com/topic/57130-cartoon-network-unofficial-previews/?do=findComment&comment=566987

>Voltron is coming back in October
>Bojack Horseman is coming back
>Made In Abyss is currently airing

I know Sugar was operating in a quality vacuum for years, but she's got to up her game, there are definitely contenders to the throne now.

I doubt it's going to reveal anything. It's a townie episode, they practically exist in a status quo vacuum. I swear, it feels like this show has no idea what the fuck it wants to be at times.

Go back to shitlord

I'm looking forward to Steven Universe eventually ending so that I won't have to care about any cartoons airing on television any more.

i dont see the point in seeing it considering its gonna be in another lenguage and we wont understand shit. Even worse considering its a townie episode.

Dewey wins Pearl?

SU doesn't compete directly with netflix shows dude, might as well just add the whole internet in that list

this.its unfair to compare the two of them. Even if netflix shows are shit, you can easily like...not watch it. And even if you do, youre done with them in like a day.

We wish. It could actually make those Tumblr people go away.

SUfags need to stopp shitting up Sup Forums further and stay in trash where they belong

I want to do wholesome, brotherly things to Riko.

yeah,this is what the episode is gonna be based on. i still dont know what it is tough. i just saw that picture in /sug/

I fucking knew they were gonna do this. Lars is out in space fighting God knows what, and of course Steven is dicking around with some townie bullshit. I can no longer be arsed to care about anything this show has to offer that isn't relevant to the story, as the writers see fit to have the show drags it's ass.

>we interrupt this engaging plot yet again to bring you even more boring townies

It could be out of order

ITS AN EPISODE OUT OF ORDER.
The next episode canon wise is called fucking Reunited.The SDCC trailer showed clips of sadie and lars parents grieving over his dissapearence.
Get your shit together

Wew there, take it easy. I can take it hint.

>more boring townie filler when we're at the point in the overall story where boring townie filler is at its most pointless

FUCK OOOOOOOOOOFF

>REEEE why townie fillers at this point sugar is a hack
>oh wait its out of order
Either way, i believe townies shouldnt exist after what happened with Wanted, but i feel like CN is forcing them to do it because its the only episodes people who arent fan of the show can casually watch.

does anyone even give a shit about this show anymore? CN doesn't even air reruns and there hasn't been a new episode in months. whoever wanted this show dead has done a good job killing it by squashing all interest in it

Links when?

I personally don't but not because of the scheduling. The plots were starting to frustrate me.

man, people actually flocked to the grampies because of hiatus thirst (better than nothing).

now people are complaining an actual episode is going to air?

its the retards who think townies equal shit, the retards who actually think this is the next episode after wanted when its out of order and the anti su fags

Wtf is CN even doing anymore?
Why air this out of order ep in another country out of the blue for no reason?

The townie episodes are godawful, user. They do nothing but destroy the pacing of the show and interrupt any ongoing arc the show is going through. It's not like Wander Over Yonder where the threat is constantly looming over everyone's heads and is a huge motivator for even the inconsequential episodes. Steven literally forgets about everything the moment the townie episodes start and any development of his character is wiped clean. The show itself even points out this bullshit with the Ruby fiasco.

I thought in making a post later, but it seems I was too slow.

It's 12:00 pm on Australia right now, and the episode will air on 18:35, that a bit more than 6 hours to go live.
And it's 10:00 in Hong Kong now, where the episode will air at 17:00 local time, so 7 hours from now.
You can do the math for your time zones.

Sources:
foxtel.com.au/tv-guide/grid/2017/08/25/1700
nowtv.now.com/epg/?lang=en

There's no stream yet, so we have to wait for some Australian to put one.

>mecha shota
I should start watching.

wonder if people would still think differently if episode is specifically not connected to the ongoing storyline but is gemccentric.

like lapis learning to bake a cake.

its a famous photo from the 1948 election

The election was close and a news paper didn't wanna wait for the final results to print so they printed "Dewey Defeats Truman" even though Truman actually won the election, the picture is of Truman himself smiling and joking with the false newpaper title during his victory celebration

what language will it air in english?

or am I gonna have to watch a Mandarin dub with english subs?

Those tend to be utter garbage as well, so not really. The New Crystal Gems is a very glaring example, it's just highlights just how flanderized the Gems have gotten.

>Dewey wins

Obvious reference. Dewey loses

Jesus how long has it been since we got an episode of any kind? At least a month.

I think it would vary from person to person

I think some people who hate townie episodes just find them boring and want more gems while others just hate filler episodes and thus would hate something like that as well

this week's episode order of new episodes over here

off colors, lar's head,stuck together, the trial, ???

they've been airing episodes out of order for so long i no longer question it.

any episode about lapis or peridot is usually awful

There's one CN feed for South-east Asia that airs on English.
Don't know if they are Australian dubs for Australia.

Since early June

That is some terrible art.

*1 PM for Eastern.

SU has really fell hard from it's 2015 pedestal hasn't it?

Even tumblr hates it

wow thanks for visualizing the thing we have known for a long time

which is SU could have a much better and consistent schedule and did in the past but CN refuses to do something simple like just showing and episode a week for a few months

This just reminds me how much I hate whoever the fucking idiot who schedules this show is, at worst they are trying to sabotage the show, at best they are an idiot who needs to test cutting of a finger to see if it will hurt, I wonder if refusing to tell fans when the show airs and scheduling completely erratically will harm or help viewership, lets mess around a bit to find out

Airs this late night in US time

A shitty schedule for a shitty show. Like pottery.

Why do you think it's not CN US the one that's airing tonight?
International CN had enough with US being this retarded.

su criticals dont count as people

thisll be airing at 6 am est, but we have to wait for misseps to upload it which should take an hour max

Why are you even here?

To discuss Steven Universe.

It's not really just CN anymore.

two ducktales episodes and nothing for a month
4 episode star vs bomb and nothing until november
voltron season split into 2 across 3 months

Even other CN shows like gumball didn't have a new episode for 6 months.

nah,youre shitposter kun

oh i know.

some people literally want a gemcentric episode about nothing rather than a townie episode with specific character growth/story importance.

You're just angry because I said something bad about your show. You can always go to your SU General hugbox if you can't stand negative comments about your show.

>episode about DEMOCRACY at work
>pointedly broadcast first in Hong Kong

Sugar again confirmed for /ourgirl/

yep,shitposter kun indeed.
too much of a pussy to go to /trash/?

Can someone give me a quick rundown about Sup Forums hating SU

>supports homosexuality
>protagonist is a pacifist
>doesnt have big space adventures
>inconsistent models
>filler
i only agree with the last part

I can see you're upset. Maybe you should go to your general. Maybe talk to them about the meanies outside of the general.

It's a mod conspiracy

I think your confusing having hiatuses at all with having SU tier scheduling

Star Vs has had amazing scheduling, air consistently for a few months with its season was on, even put in a special in the middle of the hiatus so the wait wasn't so long on either end

meanwhile SU will just do things at random, 6 month hiatus then burn a whole season in 3 weeks

says the coward who refuses to go to trash cause he knows hes gonna get assblasted.
says the retard who uses the easiest baits around.

Fuck off

>townie episode with character growth and story importance

when has that ever happened?

You should really put some cream on that sore little anus hole you're sporting. My opinion really did a number on it.

side question:

you've been believing lars will do something important or at least change from the very beginning. people call you out for believing so.

same people who called you out are now calling him awesome after his resurrection and stealing captain harlock's gimmick.

are they 'casuals' for liking him now and should you take it that they're "real fans" because of it (you're "shit fan" for liking/believing him from the beginning).

He only does it to get (you)'s from You, let it go man

Too many lesbians, too much encouraging boys to explore their feminine side, too much empathy, not enough fight scenes, Steven is fat, too much crying, not enough grindstone IMG

I think that covers the main complaints of co

protag isn't the typical male lead protagonist.

considering how a generic (but well done) redesign in the drawthread is getting praise.

Yes, that's right. Anybody who doesn't agree with you is just a troll.

if you believed something important would happen all along you are a prophet

but if you liked Lars all along you have shit taste

Lars was always a very good character, in the sense that you can actually understand him and he is realistically written, given that he is written to be the kinda person you are suppose to find to be a bit of an unlikable asshole

people are accostumed for protagonists to kick ass every episode,while steven is a pacifist who hates fights.it fits for the show, but people would rather have something else.

>if you liked Lars all along you have shit taste
>Lars was always a very good character,

Wander is a pacifist and he was an enjoyable character. Steven is an annoying and a frustrating character. It took him how many episodes for him to start asking questions?

wow your reading comprehension sucks

different shows. wander was a wacky comedy and the protagonist was an EXTREME pacifist, to the point where it was hilarious. steven is only an autistic boy.
also,nobody asks questions on this show.

oh please Wander Over Yander isn't even very mainstream for Sup Forums

If WoY was half as popular as SU you would probably get twice as many contrarians hating on it and Wander specifically

Don't get me wrong, I love Wander Over Yander, but the type of people who hate on this stuff aren't rational, at least not most of them, most of them are just bandwagon contrarians who probably never watched an episode in the first place and only have an opinion because someone else gave it to them

Watch it as no Australian put up a steam.

Like not a single leaf put up a steam one year ago

look,who cares. we arent even gonna understand it anyways. its a townie episode so the dialogue is gonna be key, and we arent gonna understand shit. at least when the french got their episodes they had the rubies and a bunch of visual gags.

he's pretty much the only beach city resident that acts 'normal' to all the craziness happening and the only resident not to give steven too much freedom in doing the stuff he does.

that something important will happen though it just based on him and sadie being sugar's babies (earlier incarnations) in college. so some sentimental stuff might into something (just never figured he's be harlock).

>we arent even gonna understand it anyways
wat
The episode will be in english

This show is such a slow burn, I pity the people who are mainly interested in the lore elements of the show.

On the other hand, this episode might be decent, I always had a liking for Mayor Dewey.

This is what happens when you set up an arc and don't commit.

SU worked as a miniseries (1A), but as soon as it opened up to an overarching plot it had shit to live up to.
And it just doesn't.

0/10 If no Mayor spilling spaghetti around Pearl

Of course we're gonna go back to the townie shit. Proper pacing stifles creativity. And we all know that the Crewniverse is all about creativity.
>b-but it's airing out of order
There shouldn't even be any townie episodes this season.