Jem thread
youtube.com/watch?v=a0pI_1Kfu5E

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EJogLm312Cg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jem_(TV_series)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There's a Jemcon?

Yep

I wish we could get another Jem cartoon but Hasbro doesn't seem to care about Jem and the Holograms.

I mean they put money into a movie and comic, they clearly care about reviving the brand, they have just failed at it

youtube.com/watch?v=EJogLm312Cg

Shana was my favorite character in the show right next to Stormer.

did some of the producers of the movie were sued for the bait and switch scandal?

I think Stormer is still cute with her chubbyness in the comic series. She's kinda curvy.

the comic was ok but they seriously wrote themselves in to a corner by rushing kimber X stormer as a thing.

also dark jem was when the comic went to shit.

I think it got bad after Dark Jem especially the art.

then I'm glad I dropped it after that arc

I remember in the cartoons, Jem went on globe trotting adventures, sometimes perilous.
Does the comic have any of that or is it all drama and romance?

It has some adventures . Right now she's in alternate universe where her band rules the world.

truly outrageous

>rushing kimber X stormer

That was a big mistake. It's like they were so eager to do such a popular Jem ship that they didn't want to bother building it properly.

I'm completely convinced that as a child Rebecca Sugar saw the title,
expected a power-rangers style hero team show,
was completely disappointed when it contained neither gems nor holograms,
and made Steven Universe based on what she thought the title Jem & the Holograms implied.

Rebecca Sugar was born in 1987, while Jem and the Holograms ended in 1988.

>reruns don't exist
I was born in 95 and all I saw on my local channel was He-Man and other 80s leftovers

>last airing in the United States in 1993 on the USA Network (in re-runs)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jem_(TV_series)

This is a cute outfit for Stormer.

Stormer shouldn't be so fat

She's cute no matter what.

I like them being together but I wish they builded up to their relationship like their friendship in the cartoon.

Is that Roxo the Rock n' Roll clown?

That's Stormer the best Misfit.

Curvy? That's a 30+ BMI. She's morbidly obese.

>That's Stormer the best Misfit.
A laugh at you

The problem wasn't putting them together, the problem is that they didn't write anything interesting about the relationship. Instead of grounding it in the realities of a new relationship it was nothing but a string of "things are on the rocks because of band drama! Wait, nope everything's fine now." Their story beats were all the same.