Do any writers listen to the fans?

Do any writers listen to the fans?

I hope not.

I don't care but this shitty meme is actually pretty funny

They do. They just don't give a shit.

Why do I find this funny?

This accurately describes Sup Forums so much it's scary.

I love this fucking meme. It'll be a sad day when I get tired of it.

There are other pics in the set where this came from

and Sup Forums. I would wager that most main girls are worst girl though.

Fans are fucking awful, so I hope not.

Imagine what a bigger clusterfuck SU would be if they listened to their fans. If it were up to the fans on how to end Gravity Falls, it'd be some emo grimdark shit where Dipper dies or something.

And the people who bitch about TTG aren't fans, they're people petty that TT didn't get revived.

It takes a talented person to be able to read general consensus on something they're working on and use it to improve their work. Unfortunately, that very rarely happens here. Most people get petty and tell people to go fuck themselves, or "let's see your cartoon", or say how hard working on a cartoon is or something.

>they're people petty that TT didn't get revived.
Maybe Mr.Enter but most people were pissed at the lack of variety in the schedule, a loud obnoxious Johny Test like show and the fact it was always on. Plus TT is back on the air so whatever.

yes

and we got this

what's up with that anyway? I was randomly scrolling by a few days ago and saw it on my guide, when did they put it back on?

>Schedule
Doesn't affect the show's writing, just one's tolerance for it.

>Johnny Test-like show
You can hate the show for being like that, sure, but how is TTG suppose to listen to people who use that as a critique when they're basically saying they hate everything about it? Do they think TTG is gonna have a sudden shift in genre and change everything about itself because people who don't watch it don't like it?

It'd be one thing if people said the show relies too much on SHOUTING! or toilet humor or something, but that's rarely the type of comments you see when it comes to the show.

I think they're contractually obligated to not do so.
Kinda how hollywood shreds all the scripts people send them without even opening them.

because the show still makes money so they don't need to pay lip service to anyone

>Doesn't affect the show's writing, just one's tolerance for it.
which is reason 1 why Sup Forums doesn't like it.
>but how is TTG suppose to listen to people who use that as a critique when they're basically saying they hate everything about it?
They (The writers) shouldn't care, we few thousand aren't the target demo. I was just giving the reasons why people here don't like it.
>It'd be one thing if people said the show relies too much on SHOUTING! or toilet humor or something, but that's rarely the type of comments you see when it comes to the show.
and there's 2, the reason why the target demo eats it up, hell most people who loved Billy and Mandy liked it for the same reason.

>2011
>fresh
ISHYGDDT

Like in Gravity Falls

Pacificafagging is the worst.

And I would definitely say that to your face.

but the only change they want is to cancel the show and bring back the old show (new season)?

that and
1. people overhype how 'mocking the critics' as if every episode is written to be like that. (one small background gag = "episode is about mocking the critics")
2. people act like every episode is 'mocking the critics' anyway.

>And the people who bitch about TTG aren't fans, they're people petty that TT didn't get revived.

I hate TTG mainly because there's no point for them to be titans. You could change the characters around to anything and you'd lose nothing.

Steven Universe is a example of why listening and hiring fans as storyboarders and writers is a bad idea.

this is too accurate

Not Konami

>TTG
What fans?

TTGO writers listen to the fans' complaints and then amplify them and make fun of the fans.

>If it were up to the fans on how to end Gravity Falls
So we wouldve gotten season 3 and it wouldve been actually good instead of the rushed shit we got?

Shadilay fellow kekistani!

That's almost respectable in a fucked up way.

was going to post that.

>He literally stopped reading mid-sentence .

The way fans acted pre-ending and post-ending is completely different, you know.

Yes, they made Spike's character better because of the fans.

You can't just say that and not link it

What is this meme even called?

That chick on the left must be thicc as fuck, because that one on the right definitely has a cuter face.

I thought TTG has decent to good ratings?

Oh dear, here we go again:
>The main hook of the show plotwise was the mystery surrounding the books and Stan. Once that was resolved halfway through season 2 it stopped being interesting. The big finale felt more like a formality than a climax, though it had some decent moments.

>And while the show was funny it followed a formula, which worked well but would get tiresome with a third season. The characters' gags were getting played out too by the end. Ending it at Season 2 was a good choice in that regard because it wrapped itself up before it got boring. Maybe a Season 3 could work if it had a big twist or changed up the main cast, but at that point you're changing the core of the show and that wouldn't mesh with its narrative focus.

Aren't Paul Blart memes dead at this point?

Raven's Dojo. Just... Raven's Dojo.

Upvoted!

yeah well understand Cartoon Network's schedule is designed around what a 5 year old wants to watch, not what a 25 year old living in mom's basement wants to watch

Only because the main girl is at the front center. If the places were reversed, background girl would catch all the flack instead and main girl, all the fanart.

the problem with that is that fans don't always have the best ideas. they could easily be worse.

in the case of TTG people just want the show gone and want the old show back. rarely do you ever see someone wanting the show to get better. The former is the majority.

in all honesty if something happened where TT season 6 and Go were running together, then Go would be catching a lot less shit

As a writer, it's a mix. You have some fans who can give good criticism and explain WHY they don't like something. You have some fans who only care about a single thing(character, fetish, political issue) and complain and whine endlessly unless you pander to them. You have some fans who want every piece of media to be like their favorite piece, and constantly judge everything else by that standard, even if that standard doesn't make sense for the story.(Why doesn't this drama have more comedy? WORSE DRAMA EVER!) You have some fans that will ask for things you know to be bad or stupid, you know full well that giving them what they want will alienate the rest of your fans, then will follow your work just to make up BS about you since you didn't give them what they wanted.

One of the worst offenders in my eyes are people that complain that something is too slow. I can't think of any modern media that is anywhere near as slow as Casablanca, Roman Holiday, The Good The Bad and The Ugly, yet I'll hear fans praise those works while complaining that something faster paced is too slow. When pressed about it, it's too slow because major events aren't happening every 15 seconds. In other words, it's too slow because it isn't rapid fire.

Another problem I've seen is many fans can't handle mystery. If you put something in a story and don't explain it %100, fans get outraged. If you put two characters together who haven't met "on-screen" before and they aren't acting like complete strangers, you damn well better explain the relationship between the characters immediately, or you'll get complaints that "it doesn't make sense, they've never met!" I'm not joking about this stuff. Unless the reveal is the entire point of your story, don't bother. The fans won't understand it and will complain about it. Without fail.

With all that said, I still make sure to see what the fans are saying. I have no respect for other writers who ignore their fans.

Dunno why, but this is the only one of these I found remotely funny.

best one so far.

This describes obscure waifu threads pretty well

This one got me.

And they say reddit takes memes and runs them into the ground

>Do any writers listen to the fans?
sometimes. I mean if writers 100% ignored thier audience they'd end up with situations where fans ruled by mod rule and attack people who go against the word of god. Happened to Steven universe

why is this so true?

Lmao that's good stuff

KEK

The "critics" being mocked don't care about TTGo getting better, they just want the old cartoon back

>why Sup Forums doesn't like it.
Fuck you, you only speak for yourself. I'm as much Sup Forums as you are, and I happen to like it.

I'll happily admit it's very hit or miss, but 99% of all the hate it gets is from rectal ravaged autists that are mad CN chose to soil their precious titans by making a comedy show, instead of >muh season 6.

anyone else think the girl in the blue shirt is much cuter?

The Simpsons writers used to have a huge feud going with Usenet neckbeards.

Is that the guy who makes 8 hour films?

The thing about TTG and Criticism is that 99.9% of that boils down to "Cancel this show and bring back the original show!". Telling something to go die in a fire isn't constructive and anything that IS constructive gets buried under that mess.

replace "dc comics" with "dc readers"

>It’s probably no real surprise that Batman continues to be DC’s most lucrative property, with 54 of their 100 placing titles being Batman or Batman-related (“Nightwing,” “Batgirl,” et al), totaling over 562K copies sold, larger than many publishers just with a single family.
>Batman is DC’s most lucrative property, quelle surprise – a staggering forty-seven of the ninety-eight DC branded books are either directly Batman, or a member of his extended “family” (“Nightwing”, “Batgirl”, and so on), and account for 599k of DC’s sales.

I hope you're happy I had to go back and check the other edits to make sure there was nothing wrong with me...

wtf i love this meme now

Fuck you got me

Constructive criticism...? Is that what you're calling it now?

switch it to "mocking 16 year old nostalgia critic ripoffs on the internet who get buttblasted over a fucking cartoon" and "pandering to the audience of a show that already had its time in the spotlight, ran for three years and had a movie" and you'll be good to go.

>pandering to the audience of a show that already had its time in the spotlight, ran for three years and had a movie
>actually believing this

Teen Titans was shit, and Teen Titans GO is also shit. Deal with it

I have five-year-old nieces and nephews, and friends of the family have kids too. TTGo is just background noise for them. They still like the new episodes, and other stuff CN airs, but they've developed a tolerance to the reruns, and that's understandable, since the channel blows through nearly a season's worth of episodes every day. They'll flip to CN out of habit, let the TV run through a few episodes while they play with their toys or bother the nearest adult, and then flip to Nick or Disney when their tablets run out of juice. 25-year-old NEETs and autists are the only ones who would actively watch CN for its ridiculous scheduling.

TTGo is an acceptable series that does it's job of catering to it's demographic of kids and casuals.
Sup Forums it's obviously not it's target audience, don't see why you guys bitch so much about it.

>no SBT S2 because of this bullshit
My hate cannot be described

He's not looking at her face, and girl on the right has a pretty fat ass

*flat ass God dammit

You're thinking of Bela Tarr, probably.

The look on his face is the best part, don't cover it.

>screeching about how much better muh knockoff anime titans was is "constructive criticism"

Replace feels with internet/hipster references and it's spot on.

This one has potential

Topical

You're saying he does his own comic more than fanart?

lol no. Its pretty bad by even CW standards. Its the best of shit.

Is there a full pic of the girl in red? I wanna see what that guy is looking at.

good memes Sup Forumsmrade