/guma/ general

talk about the Great Union Movement of Australia here and discuss why its decline has led to corruption, economic stagnation and loss of workers' rights

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cdnlvAWkIMY
au.linkedin.com/in/lachlanfharris
discord.gg/xxE6YVw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A royal commission with a justice who was very friendly with the liberal party has now cleared shorten and co. So they beat up some scabs or some shit. Big deal. Go shill for the ABCC elsewhere because the union movement and its ability to collectively bargain has afforded you or someone close to you a quality of life usually reserved for royalty in most places.

our unions are just protection rackets
pay us or don't get a job
they even turn up at training schools to try and get money up front before you even pass the course

Big deal its the same thing if you want to be a accountant, lawyer etc.. Those perform the same sort of actions like unions.

The dental association sets the average pricing all members must charge for procedures. Yeah let's bust this """ union""" for lower prices for all yay

>actually believing restricting unions leads to a 'royal quality of life'

you should go out and try to be a real worker for an entire day and think about how nice it is to get fair pay, to work in safe conditions and to not work alongside 10 year old children. If it wasn't for unions all these basic things workers take for granted would not exist

Yeah Im agreeing retardo

youtube.com/watch?v=cdnlvAWkIMY

the union bosses dont have the balls like DJT

Sorry I quoted the wrong post lmao I was replying to

child labor was decreasing before child labor laws and the rise of unions. you're retarded

Australian unions actively sabotaged our war efforts while the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact was in effect.

greedy fucks that just want the dollars and then do sweet fuck all

The Unions signed their own death warrant when they abandoned the White Australia policy.

It was treason and they should all be destroyed.

unions did good work.

100 years ago

Now they mostly function in the follow ways:

>launch pads for leftist political careers
>sophisticated embezzlement and money laundering operations
>fronts for organised crime (see the CFMEU).

You just defined just about every professional association ever.

Take your retarded shit elsewhere. If it wasn't for these reforms removing white Australia, floating our currency and using omo, Australia would have stayed a complete backwater.
I don't accept your premise at all but for the sake of argument if there such a problem why weren't there any prosecutions by the ABCC back when it did exist. What new powers are required by the AFP to monitor union corruption and general organized crimes

All those things occur at a significantly worse rate with the kind of corporatism that is enabled by the Turnbull government. Yes unions are not perfect but people these days take them for granted since they've been guaranteeing the rights of workers for decades.

Not to mention medicare and free university

Labor Leader Bill Shorten is linked to Soros-funded activities as is Greens Sarah Hanson-Young.

Unions are basically protection rackets. I was bullied for not joining the union.

Why did we need to remove the white Australia policy?

Link

It was a number of things but one of the main points were out population wasn't growing fast enough or something.

except unions produce nothing and tend to do more damage than good when they try

>calling people who disagree with you shills
Is this literally the lowest form of argument on the internet? I can't think of anything worse.

Are you a big business shill because you're opposed to unions?

At some point you're gonna have to prove some of this. Like I already said the last liberal (Howard I think) abcc didn't prosecute anyone and neither did the afp. I'm sure there are bad eggs in unions like everywhere else (hsu) but as a whole unions do more good than bad.

I can't find any evidence of that, please supply it.

For the rest of the thread, I'd like to posit the end of the white australia policy as the reason the fair go mentality has died.

Read the post again dude he's pro-union.

GetUp’s founders David Madden and Jeremey Heimans are heavily involved in a number of similar US and global left-wing activist groups, each of which is tied to the shadowy billionaire, George Soros

Nah. Just google it yourself.

Getup isn't affiliated with liberal or labor or greens. They are an independent non partisan organization as far as I can tell and from looking at all their campaigns.

>'provide a link'
>spouts some [citation needed] shit with no source

wanna know how I know you're full of shit

>All those things occur at a significantly worse rate with the kind of corporatism that is enabled by the Turnbull government

define 'corporatism'

>non partisan organization

okay I'm convinced you're a troll now

The leader of GetUp resigned his position to run for the Senate as top of the Greens list in the ACT at the 2013 election.

Calling someone who disagrees with you a 'degenerate' is probably worse

Look up GetUp then lookup who funds them then look up where Mr Shorten got his start.

GetUp!’s Australian founders both worked for the template organisation MoveOn in the US – which is formally aligned with the Democrats. Previous GetUp! board directors include Labor Minister, Bill Shorten. Co-founder was Lachlan Harris, Kevin Rudd’s former Prime Ministerial Press Secretary.

Find the articles yourself, but we're compromised.

>still no link

goddamn son it's almost like your claim has no basis in reality

au.linkedin.com/in/lachlanfharris

So you're talking bullshit, good to know.

As it stands ending the white australia policy was a massive mistake.

Get in here ausbros discord.gg/xxE6YVw

well the main issue is that it was done without consent.

No party ever (successfully) ran on a platform of abolishing until probably 1972 when Gough won, which at that point it hadn't been enforced for years, as Harold Holt had ended the dictation test in 1966, and even before that the restrictions had been relaxed for international students.

mfw

Fuck the Unions. Self serving bunch of cunts. TWU is the worst of them. Absolute disgrace. The sooner unions fuck off the better. Bring back work choices. Fair Work Australia does a good enough job. FUCK THE UNIONS

Our unions are so much more

Look at superannuation

Particularly industry super

A mandatory 9-12% on all working Australians that release non factual figures and is the countries largest slush fund all of which is used to buy influence, create policy and line their pockets

Fuck unions. Nothing but corrupt criminal organisations masquerading as protectors of working people

This.

>unions are a marxist invention. real name: syndicalism
>"workers rights" are a meme
>current year
>union relevance crumbling
>union membership dropping steadily in past decade
>membership in what used to be heavily unionised industries (manufacturing/construction) at 10% and dropping
>sjw sectors like education at about 30%
>only current revenue sources are windmill schemes
>turbine grant troughing feeds union hedge funds, long service funds, union credit orgs/banks and union super funds
>entire union facade rests on wind turbine pyramid scheme in current year
>they know it, former union heavies cry that unions must change or die

>mfw when I selectively hire non-union workers only.