Wait so were Scooby Snacks named after Scooby Doo? Or did they name their dog after a brand of dog biscuit...

Wait so were Scooby Snacks named after Scooby Doo? Or did they name their dog after a brand of dog biscuit? Or do they make the Scooby Snacks themselves?

Shaggy made them originally

The first thing. It was just a cute generic name for doggy treat.

Some mysteries aren't meant to be solved.

Shaggy's mom made them. They're not dog biscuits. Shaggy eats them too.

>They're not dog biscuits. Shaggy eats them too.
Let's be real here: Shaggy looks like the type to enjoy some good dog food. Now if Fred or Velma were ever caught eating them, that would be more convincing.

This. Don't go too deep into the Scooby hole.

There's an episode of What's New about the Scooby Snacks origin I think.

As a kid I assumed it was the third one. That didn't always add up though.

Be Cool also did that or are you referring to the same thing?

Dog biscuits, particularly plain Milk Bones, are quite tasty and perfectly harmless for humans to eat. It is entirely possible that Shaggy is eating dog treats. Mel Gibson very casually eats a Milk Bone in Lethal Weapon.

We later discovered that Mel Gibson was ball to the wall crazy.

Many of the incarnations have their own version of how it came to be. The fact of the matter is since it changes constantly there's no really canon answer for it.

It's actually pure coincidence. They named their dog Scooby completely unaware that there was a dog biscuit brand called Scooby Snacks.

but why can the dog talk?

The Dog Totem is not to be trifled with.

The Scooby-Doo franchise needs to do a "Crisis on Infinite Coolsvilles." It's got way too many fucking universes.

I wish they would bring Scrappy back, seeing someone who charges straight at the monsters and spooks was kinda refreshing and added some fun dynamics.

There weed laced dog biscuits Shaggy made originally after enjoying the taste of normal dog biscuits whilst high one night.

Be Cool recycled a few old episodes.

I don't know but I'll tell you one thing. Scooby likes this better than a Scooby Snack.

I'd post that headline about the Shaggy-looking guy arrested for having sex with a dog but I can't find a clean one.