Shape of water wins the Oscar

Is shape of water the next shakespeare in love?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CJP8J84vzTA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wtf I love Jack now

It's not a bad movie but 13 nominations is a bit ridiculous

its corny and pandering but it looks good
oh wait I described literally every nominee

>I think it's true

why is he so scared of holding an opinion?

I left the theatre and my only thought was "okay." Rarely has a movie elicited such a lack of reaction from me. I remember it in vivid detail but, it just made me feel literally nothing.

It looked good I guess?

does anyone even care?

I don't even bother paying attention to the Oscars anymore. Hell I don't even know what's nominated because I know that whatever wins, it will be some forgettable crap that no one remembers a year from now.

Go on and name the winner of last year's Oscar without looking it up.

Shakespeare in Love was the safe, uncontroversial bet. Shape of Water isn't, really

Hollywood just loves movies about Hollywood, nothing new

Moonlight bitch

they vote for nothing but Shakespeare in Loves now

reminder
youtube.com/watch?v=CJP8J84vzTA

What was Moonlight Bitch about?

>Jack training toddlers to perceive and appreciate polytonal music with that two-leys bridge at 0:26
kino desu

You should have said a couple or few years ago. Last year is still fresh and had controversy to make it memorable

Except Phantom Thread

>caveats
what the fuck is this word?

The last great winner was 10 years ago; No Country For Old Men. Prove me wrong,

which is why it won't win

It's not the next Shakespeare In Love because there's no Saving Private Ryan in the race. All of the Best Picture nominees are good movies, but there's not one of them I came out of thinking it'd be a crime if it didn't win (though if I had to pick, it'd probably be Lady Bird or CMBYN). It's just a weak year.

The Shape of Water is entertaining, but it's really conventional and almost comically unsubtle. Nothing about it screams best film of 2017.

>Shape of water wins the Oscar
hates trump, promotes bestiality and other degeneracy... it's a lock

>your country is cancer, fuck capitalism and laws and shit
>please buy tickets to my movie

this movie failed to subvert my expectations that it would subvert my expectations

"I think it's true" is literally the definition of an opinion.