Two More Well Known Retailers Join The Marvel Legacy Lenticular Dropout

>Jetpack Comics is a well known New Hampshire store that loves its variant covers and regularly commissions its own exclusive retailer variants, often in coordination with the British chain Forbidden Planet. While Jesse James’s Comics is a major player in the Phoenix comic book market. Both have chosen to join the significant numbers of comic book retailers choosing not to order any of the Marvel Legacy lenticular variant covers due to… well, let’s let them explain why.
bleedingcool.com/2017/08/25/two-retailers-marvel-legacy-lenticular-dropout-jetpack-comics-jesse-james/

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/comic-store-owners-announce-they-wont-offer-marvel-legacy-issues-1032851
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

only North American LCS matters because they're the only ones that show up in Diamond Numbers :P

>I do expect that plenty of keyboard warriors will chime in and tell us exactly how much we suck and have every other pretentious comment to make about how ridiculous we are
Go go go!

The image doesnt really go with the topic does it? This has nothing to do with marvel's shitty stories. It's more about marvel's shitty business practices

Did everyone at Marvel forgot what and how things happened in the 90's?

Probably since now they're are (((Disney)))

This also brings another question: what is Marvel gonna do when the MCU bubble bursts like their animated shows once did?

Disney will see how much of a negative the comics sales are and clean house top to bottom.

Publish only like 20 comics and try to not fuck up to badly so Disney won't close up shop

I seem to recall the owner of my LCS saying something to the effect of Irish comic book stores being an outlier in the European market and actually falling into something to do with the North American market.

Diversity character surviving

>Moongirl = low
>Miles = high
>Wolverine 2 = high
>Chulk = average
>Ms. marvel = high
>Riri williams = low
>Falcon = dead

This.
I think Disney, as a media industry giant, cares and knows how to make money. It just doesn't know much about comics. But it will learn.

Are you talking about the new mexican Falcon, Sam Wilson, or the new comic book about the falcon dying?

There are three falcons?

Speaking of, what the fuck is going to happen to Marvel once that bubble pops and the craze stops, like Zombie Simpson level.

I'm pretty sure Marvel will have to commit seppuku knowing they can't leech off the MCU anymore.

Survival Rating
>Moon Girl: Low, making her and telling everyone that she is the "smartest person on Earth period" didn't win her many fans and came across as smug and considering. Her being a Inhuman isn't helping. Writers can take back on her word and make her not the smartest person on Earth, but one of the smartest children on Earth other .
>Miles: High, he has a fanbase, and Bendis is so protective of his little baby that he refuses to let anything bad happen to him.
>Laura: Quite high, the success of Logan and her popularity before she took over as Wolverine keeps her safe.
>Amadeus: Mild, not as known as well as Miles or Kamala but does have a fanbase like Laura before.
>Ms. Marvel: Very high, she's popular among hardcore and casual, but her popularity is on a slippy slope due to overexposure, I can expect her to be retconned into not being a Inhuman, more on that later.
>Riri Williams: Low, not very popular expect with the Tumblr crowd due her massive Mary Sue qualities, but this Bendis we're talking about, she never going to be let go because Bendis wants royalties for her chara-I mean create a new, spunky, diverse character that future generations can enjoy.
>Falcon: You mean the Mexican one, yeah he's doomed.
>Giant-Man: Who, oh the the gay one, he's doomed as well.
>The entire Nuhuman cast that isn't named Moon Girl or Kamala Khan: Oh boy their fucking dead in the water, there push was a spectacular failure, and the MCU leaving Marvel for Disney was one of the killing blows to the franchise. You can see their franchise slowly dying even to this day.

you speak as if the people running the ship are gonna hang around when it sinks
you milk the cow until its dead, you cut losses and move on, its how they do it.

They probably already know and are waiting for the day to drop the hammer. However the MCU is going strong so cleaning house would be bad press at the moment

Recently Disney has been selling properties they don't view as profitable. So probably that.

Phase 3 should be the capstone of our tolerance for the MCU and we vote it out with our almighty wallets.

Far more people will vote for it, so don't go betting that Sup Forums is going to end cape films with a boycott.

>listen up echochamber, we can stop the MCU now despite making pretty solid movies for the most part
lol, what a faggot

I cannot believe, it's gimmick covers all over again.

disney has nothing to do with the current marvel brass. they are probably waiting for the next major fuck up to purge the whole company.

Remember, this will change the industry

Riri and miles out sell Kamala by a lot user
I don't know where Kamalafags get this insane notion of her ultra popularity or that she is going to be retconned ever. She makes trade money, but trades don't make floppy money. Even fucking Chulk is going better right now.

She isn't even making top ten in weekly digital sales anymore

>>Giant-Man: Who, oh the the gay one, he's doomed as well.

He doesn't got a Ongoing book, and haven't done nothing.

>Moon Girl: Low, making her and telling everyone that she is the "smartest person on Earth period" didn't win her many fans and came across as smug and considering. Her being a Inhuman isn't helping. Writers can take back on her word and make her not the smartest person on Earth, but one of the smartest children on Earth other .

Through, it could be character development.

Several volumes of Ms. Marvel outsell the vast majority of Marvel's other books on the bookstore market last year and the year before. But I think we can wait till they do the 2017 Bookscan list to see if that's still the case.

Moon Girl vol 1 managed to make it on the Bookscan chart last year and supposedly does well in Scholastic. This is still a wait-and-see situation but that's also probably why they're willing to keep Moon Girl going.

Not likely. Look at ESPN. It's been making a loss for ages and Disney still hasn't gone scorched earth on it. They left it alone for years
Unless Marvel Entertainment starts making an actual loss (it's not right now) then no chance of that happening. Remember, it's not just comics - it's merchandise

Moon Girl probably has a better shot because she seems to mainly just be a push more into children's graphic novels than anything else.

>Riri and miles out sell Kamala by a lot user

Not in trade form though. Comichron's tallied up sales for last year has Ms. Marvel vol 1 ordered more than Infinity Gauntlet and Spider-Man Miles Morales Vol. 1. And outside of comic stores, the Bookscan list for last year indicates Ms. Marvel Vol 1 had higher orders than a lot of Star Wars volumes (which themselves had higher orders than most Marvel TPBs).

>implying Disney gives a fuck about what the comic book guys are doing
Trust me, we'd be in much better shape if they were.

I'm surprised it's getting reported by Hollywood Reporter now.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/comic-store-owners-announce-they-wont-offer-marvel-legacy-issues-1032851

Trades were mentions in the comment. Trades make up a small portion of comic revenue

That depends. If Ms Marvel's trades are outselling most of Marvel's trades, then that'd be a reason for Marvel to keep the monthly series going, even if its sales are low. Hellcat's trade sales weren't that great and it had low monthly sales, so that's why it ended.

I like how comic book stores are described as an "industry."

It's like when some youtuber with no followers calls himself a "youtube celebrity."

> I can see Kamala being retconned into not being an Inhuman

how delusional were you when you typed this

It's nearly a billion dollar industry.

Marvel has shit trade sales to begin with, they are outsold be DC and several indy comics. Kamala is the fastest runner in a race of cripples.

>Kamala is the fastest runner in a race of cripples.

And that's more of an indictment of the rest of Marvel's line instead of about Kamala's book.

No one liked Mexican falcon, Sam Wilson it's better, and I'm Mexican.

>nearly
It is, factually, a billion dollar industry

If you add digital sales, sure, but it's just short without them.

Still an industry unlike what thinks

Disney doesn't give a shit. If people stop seeing the movies, then they might.

>keyboard warriors
Yeah, let's insult the people, who are reading comics and care about such news about our comics.

I am so happy, that I didn't pay for anything from Marvel since 2011.

How could Joe Queseda ever forget what got him his cushy corporate gig and millions of dollars?

>Robbie: forgotten
the one true loss

I wonder if marvel handed out lube in retailers' gift bags at comic con, sounds like they're getting ticket for three months straight

this comic wise the Disney buyout was one of the worst things to happen to Marvel, cause all Disney cares about is publishing to keep name out there not sales or quality

not like retailers make any money off comics anyway LCS's that are making money make it off of M:TG sales or other merchandise, not comics. same way gas stations don't actually make any money off of selling gas