So Marluxia's human form is back and is a keyblade wielder from the age of Fairy Tales. How does that make you feel?

So Marluxia's human form is back and is a keyblade wielder from the age of Fairy Tales. How does that make you feel?

Also would the original idea of Mickey being the protagonist have made Kingdom Hearts better or worse? I say worse because Disney would never allow Mickey to do much. Plus his voice is grating in the long term especially in dramatic scenes.

Anyway, KH thread time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XbX8Nj9dtk0
youtu.be/L_IlsPypwZs
youtube.com/watch?v=ldW8PaoOTMY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Thought Sup Forums liked Kingdom Hearts.

>Plus his voice is grating in the long term especially in dramatic scenes.

As someone who thinks KH Mickey is legitimately cool, I have to agree.

Also was the Marluxia thing ever hinted at?

Eh... I'm only in for the music, the Disney elements, some parts of the gameplay, and the Heartless.

The story can go fuck itself.

youtube.com/watch?v=XbX8Nj9dtk0

Skip towards the end.

>lauriun
Eh
Who's left demyx and larxene and luxord for their names

Hey now, some of the characters are good. Sora is likable. He gels well with Disney elements.

Wait, who are those five leaders?

Have Mickey and Pete even interacted yet?

Also, what's mickeys point in the story? Does he ever fight something big? Isn't he supposed to be super strong?

Yes, briefly near the end of Kingdom Hearts 2. And Mickey will never be allowed to fight anything big besides Heartless and Nobody grunts because Disney fears it will ruin his image.

He saves you when you die repeatedly to Xaldin and his wind lances in 2

Great seeing how the theory for years was Marluxia was a secret agent trying to destroy the XIII.

Turns out it's true. MARLUXIA WAS A GOOD GUY THE WHOLE TIME

They why does he rejoin the true orgy in 3

It wasn't until my second playthrough I realized that the game wanted you to bounce back his attacks with the Reflect spell, which is why they're so damn hard to dodge.

When were they chosen? I watched that foreteller movie and I assumed it was the entirety of the story for that game.

I did. Then it turned into a DeviantArt parody of itself.

>Is Nomura about to turn Sora into a Gary Stu?

I mean, it depends on how you view the term Gary Stu, but Sora's role in the series is always that of an incorruptible being of almost pure light who can power through nearly anything out of friendship powered plot armor.

And yet Sora always gets passed over in actual formal magical stuff. He was never meant to get the keyblade in the first place, he just got it because he was willing to try and help people.

And he didn't pass his mark of mastery exam, but he's still ready to give it his all to save the universe. I much prefer a hero that's not magically destined, but gets the job done because he's willing to do his best.

reminder
this is the english voice actor for marluxia
youtu.be/L_IlsPypwZs

Didn't he not pass the mastery exam due to some fuckery and not lack of skill?

Yen Sid's test was bullshit anyway. Teaching Sora and Riku the "proper" way was basically making them do the same thing they always do, become self-taught.

"In an August 24, 2017 update to the Japanese version of Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross], it was revealed that the original form of Marluxia, Lauriam, would become one of five leaders of the Dandelions."

Had to look it up. Thought you meant either a real fairy tale or another ip.

>Disney would never allow Mickey to do much
This has basically been untrue since the 1990s

>check TVT's KH pages on a whim
>they take note of Marluxia's unnecessary use of big words
>no one seems to have noticed the joke
He uses flowery language.

Best girl incoming.

>Marluxia's a nice dude

Huh...

Speaking of girls will Sora and Kairi finally do something together?

I'm hoping for a proper disney kiss at the end of KH3.

Nope. They deliberately had Mickey take a backseat because they were afraid the game could hurt Mickey's safe boyscout image of the time and that Kingdom Hearts in general could turn into this abominable crossover that everybody would hate and destroy Disney's image.

Disney had this weird aversion to crossovers and strict rules about how characters interact. This extended to the House of Mouse: The Club was considered this neutral space that made crossover shit okay, but you can't have characters going into each others worlds.

>game wanted you to bounce back attacks with reflect
What. 10 fucking years and however many deaths. And thsts what you do?

>Plus his voice is grating in the long term especially in dramatic scenes.
his new voice is so awful

Yeah, the Heartless are cool race of creatures, with all their various shapes and sizes.

>and is a keyblade wielder from the age of Fairy Tales.

I go on a vacation and miss everything.
What happened?

Also Mickey's voice is actually nice when Wayne Allwine is doing it, but he dead.

>introduce a cute yandere girl that stalks the player character as the fifth union leader

>months later reveal that Marluxia murdered her and pretends to be the fifth leader

jesus nomura

>because Disney fears it will ruin his image.

I don't think they care anymore.
Especially because of the new Mickey Mouse shorts.

VEN IS THE REAL TRAITOR

Wait, I thought X wasn't canon. If it's canon then what the actual fuck is going on with the timeline? Did Hercules de-age? Does Alice not age?

Basically the player in Unchained escaped to the Realm of Sleep and is training there in the memories of worlds (like the Hyperbolic Time Chamber). We know that somehow Marluxia and Ven escape and make it to the real world.

does anyone else hope we get to see Yen Sid's keyblade mastery this game?

This is true. I just wish they would push this Mickey more often and give him a show.

>Nice dude
>Murdered strelitzia.

Okay, well then that explains that, but isn't it before the keyblade war? Which is at least 100 years prior to KH 1? How is Ven around?

prove it was him

that's right, you can't because it was Blaine who is actually a Soranort

the theory is that someone takes Ven (and now Marluxia? or maybe Marluxia does it) out of the realm of sleep somehow in order to set up the events of BBS, most likely whoever the Master of Masters is because he's obsessed with timelines and is most likely someone in a timeloop

the best crackpot theory is the real traitor is Ven all along and he sets everything up so that he can dip into the realm of sleep, let time pass then pop into the future

>Wait, I thought X wasn't canon
you thought wrong

>the best crackpot theory is the real traitor is Ven all along

Well it would explain how his darkness is so strong that when he was split in half, his dark half was able to act as an individual and was able to spawn it's/his own darkness/emotion creatures as underlings.

yep. also why the Master could time travel, why we never met Ventus before Ven, why Ven was so weak for so long, how he became Xehanort's apprentice: HE WAS ALREADY THERE

NOMURA RIPPED OFF HOMESTUCK LOL

I cant wait for it to turn out every member of orgy 13 had a keyblade before braig

>That Maleficent
Fuck.

He could be evil I mean he potentially killed the new Waifu.

Except for Larxene of course, she's a girl and thus can't be there because then the fujoshi's start autistically screeching

>I go on a vacation and miss everything.
>What happened?

There is a new Union Leader girl named Strelitzia I think was her name. Anyway before meeting up with Ventus, Skuld, etc? She is killed. Turns out her murderer is Marluxia in his normal self before becoming a Nobody. I guess Marluxia lives up to his title the "graceful assassin."

After killing the girl, he pretends to be one of the chosen Union Leaders that Ava intended to carry the will of the Foretellers.

Kinda annoying that he did, desu.
Not like KH has many waifus, but sure seem to have a shitload of eyecandy for the girls.

Of course, this is the narrative that Nomura is painting. We don't know if Marluxia actually killed her.

>Ventus
What? Ventus is like 16 how is he 100 years in the past

the dream realm (where the "chosen" Dandelions as they are called escaped to to escape the world ending war on their home planet) acts as a hyperbolic time chamber. they don't age and time passes outside

So ven is from a h7ndred years ago before escaping 12 years ago and getting his heart ripped in half?

yep

Are we really going to pretend these female characters in Kingdom Hearts are remarkable waifus? They all share the same bland uninteresting personality of being Nice Girls. I mean Strelitzia is apparently getting recognition, but why is that? All we know is she's a union leader who wanted to meet the Player Character. Skuld has been around for much longer as part of the new Union Leaders and how popular is she despite her seniority? Not much at all.

The only popular female in this series is Aqua and that's by default because she has no competition in being the biggest breasted female of the series. Put Aqua in competition versus the Wakfu Females and watch her get her No Ass kicked. Especially in the area of having no personality. Aqua is not interesting. The only gaming female I find more boring than Aqua is Shanoa from Castlevania.

Aqua is actually a pretty good character, but yes her titties give her a higher ranking than usual. She is a decently written female for once

Well it's better than removing one for yet another prettyboy that fatties can shlick to.

Ephemera
Skuld
Blaine
Ventus(don't get me started)
And no Lauriam
They're essentially generals from the keyblade war 100 years ago

How is she decently written? Her entire character is Muh Terra/Ventus. Even in 0.2 that's all she's whining about. She has no independent inherent character traits that make her fun. Look at Axel. He debuted the series without having a thing to do with Roxas and people loved him for that. Sora may obsess about Riku, but he doesn't just do that, he loves meeting Disney characters. Aqua on the other hand sees meeting Disney characters as a job.

Aqua really has no character, she's just a glorified babysitter for Ventus and Terra.

Friendly reminder that it was actually Ephemera or Blaine that did it

it was ven

Yes, Kingdom Hearts has a tradition of giving you a magic upgrade immediately after a boss where that spell is heavily used, like the Phantom in KH1 giving you the last Stop magic. Xigbar gives you the second Reflect upgrade because the game assumes that's how you beat him.

I'd argue that Aqua is way more of an interesting character than Ventus OR Terra. Hell I'd go so far as to say that Aqua is so interesting she's become a borderline Creator's Pet for the series as of late because of how much Noruma feeds into her fanbase.

Versus the other lame girls in the series Aqua is far more of a Lightning "gets shit done above all else" type, which makes her stand out compared to literally the entire rest of the original cast of Kingdom Hearts.

>I'd argue that Aqua is way more of an interesting character than Ventus OR Terra.

Literally saying nothing. Xehanort's voice was the only interesting character in BBS.

>Ventus(don't get me started)
No seriously wtf. Doesn't this mean Ventus is the oldest character?

She doesn't get shit done though. I've been playing through BBS and she fails is bringing back Ven, lets her master die and doesn't find out how obviously evil Xehanort is

Marluxia is now I guess or whoever MoM ends up being coughbraigcough

No one finds that put not even his old friend who knew he was banished r being evil

MoM is most likely Grown Up Ventus but Braig is second pick

You're suppose to use reflect against xigbar? Jesus I practically never used reflect in all of my playthroughs

apparently Xemnas can control all the nobodies of lost/defeated/gone for some reason members. hence why the Samurai are around for you to fight in 2

Every time I see a Kingdom Hearts thread, all I can think about is how they didn't allow crossovers in a gigantic crossover. You can't bring anyone with you because of some bullshit rule about not even telling people about other worlds. Except half the people Sora talks to figure it out because he's garbage at keeping secrets, and the villains all have their evil carpool together without any ill effects. Even ignoring the jumbled clusterfuck of OCs, I had hoped to do more than play through isolated Disney stories.

He does being allies in the forms of summons. All of his other allies would refuse or would be too useless or unstable to tag along.
>Herc can't leave or else Hades destroys everything
>Tarzan is a caveman that doesn't understand a thing
>Jack Skelington needs to keep Halloween in check
>Jack sparrow doesn't give a shit
>Alladin is a prince now and can't leave
>you can't keep a mermaid on a ship
>Beast is still a ass

>and now Marluxia? or maybe Marluxia does it
theory time
A.) its Marluxia, he is then made a member or Org XIII but craves yet more power and fucks himself. That said his real self should be around someplace cause his heartless was defeated.
B.) Marluxia tries to stop who ever tries to take Ven and is thrown out of the time box for his troubles and is made amnesic much like Ven and eventually becomes a member of Org XII in his confusion

it depends how much Nomura wants to either play the "remember this villain? well here he is again and he was always bad" card or the "this villain was actually a good guy the whole time!" card

remember being royalty also means you have privilege to certain knowledge
Triton was lecturing Sora in the first game for getting his daughter caught up in keyblade affairs

Fair point on most of those, but in KH1, Aladdin wasn't a prince yet and was ready to come with, but they turned him down because of the rule. And they took Genie without mentioning the rule like ten seconds later.

As for Ariel, Donald could have given her some legs, since he made the team seaworthy going in and out of Atlantica in the first place.

Genie is a Magic Being
if youre magic enough you can bend the rules apparently see Merlin, Flora, Fauna and Meryweather, Fairy Godmother, and Genie.

>Sora talks to figure it out because he's garbage at keeping secrets

Not really....the only time Sora irresponsibly spoke of other worlds was to Jack Sparrow in Port Royal. Rest of the time the villains rat out that Sora is from another world or Sora feels an important need to explain situations revealing other worlds (like to Aladdin when Jasmine got kidnapped by Riku).

Anyone else find it funny how Nomura draws Sora in the artwork as a serious and focused boy? In the games he's a total easy going optimistic spirited youth.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but was Minnie sort of thirsty for Sora when she first met him? Look at her subtle giggle when Sora speaks of protecting her (it's at 8:52):

youtube.com/watch?v=ldW8PaoOTMY

He was a little serious in the first and second game.

Maybe the serious poses show hidden emotions.

How old is Sora now anyway? Still sixteen or did he age up two years again?

He's still 15. Look at the trailers he's still wearing his KH2 outfit and I mean BEFORE they show the "colored" Second Form transformation. Not to mention Kairi is still wearing her KH2 clothes as well. It's a good call by Nomura. Sora works best as an underaged teen boy hero who meets Disney characters.

Fixing KH
>Reboot, exclusively for Playstation
>Get rid of all the FF characters, they are not needed
>Use OCs SPARINGLY. Don't even bother giving most of then names, aside from the main cast (Sora, Riku, Kairi)
>Make Maleficent the central antagonist and source of the heartless
>Pull a Who Framed Roger Rabbit, call it ToonTown, a land with multiple districts holding different Disney characters
>Same basic premise, stop the heartless, open Kingdom Hearts, defeat Maleficent

The story was NEVER the highlight of KH. Stop dwelling on it

>this whole thread

LIGHTNING

Reflect is ridicolously strong if you actually get hit during it, some speed runners consider it cheating to use it because it's way too helpful. It's also the magic spell which costs the least MP, so at the end of the game I think you can get like 12 casts of it before running out or some crazy amount.

Waifu slayers

Pissed me off so much. Dude saved all the worlds at least twice over, learning almost everything by himself, but no, lets promote the guy who went over to the darkness right off the fucking bat because the evil dudes targeted and kidnapped sora during his exam

So they added Giantess stuff?

Well, Ven was mouse-sized when he met Cinderella.

Good point. Makes me wonder if the series will do more Giantess sequences.

Also it's a bit disappointing that so many game series get their models ripped and used for Giantess stuff, but Kingdom Hearts? Not really.

Didn't he intervene in DDD though?

Introduces Time travel to this already convoluted fucking series was the worst idea that fucking hack has ever had.

I had Time Travel as a device when the series doesn't deal only in time travel. It just fucks everything up

Once you realize that, it's extremely obvious. All of his attacks are hard to dodge, but have such a long windup that timing Reflect is super easy. Most other bosses have either a fast attack or a barrage attack so you can't cheese the fight with Reflect (although you can do it anyway if you're good enough at the game).