Post and discuss Sup Forums-related ships. Share artwork, fanfiction, and oc if you're feeling bold enough

Post and discuss Sup Forums-related ships. Share artwork, fanfiction, and oc if you're feeling bold enough.

Topic of the thread: What's your OTP and why do you ship it? Pic related, I felt they had great synergy when the series was its strongest. I love the idea of a couple that can keep up with eachother.

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/s/11156414/1/One-Day-They-ll-Understand
m.fanfiction.net/s/8440324/1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well put, OP. The chemistry was just perfect.

slow thread

Another ship of mine where the chemistry is key. They're absolutely adorable together, but beyond that, they click astonishingly well given how much the writing on the rest of the show varied wildly. Even in episodes where they're at each other's throats, the way they bounce off of each other feels genuine.

I feel ya user.

To me, the best pairs are usually built on a healthy character dynamic carved from nuance and mutual understanding. It makes the romantic aspect all the more fulfilling.

You're speaking to my heart's boner, user.

>when the characters have more chemistry than the canon couple
sadness

I actually remember seeing a newspaper review of the initial movie that commented on that as well.

why couldn't these two be this? Was it too much effort, punched on time? Marcy in the beginning looked like she could take a hit and was a wild card, I want these two to go on dangerous life threatening adventures even jake wouldn't approve, get bruised and shrug it off, share loot and joke.
I'm just tired of the crying.

This thread won't last - the last Sup Forums shipping thread got pruned even though it kept on topic because the mods have real loose definitions of what constitutes "on topic"

That said, this is my OTP and I ship it because I loved their character dynamic and it was actually Sup Forums that got me into it in the first place. It's the best ship in that show, has the best art, fic and chillest fans who don't get involved in pointless shipping wars unlike the Wendip and Padippica crowds.

Fact: you cannout outcute them.

This. I want fun!Marcy back.

I feel the showrunners have a nasty habit of sacrificing basic characterization for the sake of making something look """deep""" but often do it so haphazardly it serves no purpose but to detract from the things that make us like them in the first place.

You have excellent taste no matter what anyone else tells you

Glad you agree. Do you have any favorites for it? I'm always up for finding material that I hadn't seen yet, especially since the fandom died down when the show ended.

It's pretty standard "two sided crush but shy" stuff, but it just works on me.

Not gonna lie, this crack ship is kinda out there, but after reading this fic I was permanently hooked on knightshade.
fanfiction.net/s/11156414/1/One-Day-They-ll-Understand
A crack ship i'm willing to go down with, allot of the storys ive read, since this ship is 99% fic and 1% pic, are always about support, healthy bonding and focus on touching subjects. Even if the girl isnt 'bad' I still love the 'bad' looking girl x strait edge good guy, (marcy x finn / Edd x marie) Since theyre so different they get to bounce off the best of both worlds. Now excuse me, while the rwby fandom kills me.

What that user said, you have good taste man, and its amazing how well made their art is.
exactly, the moment the whole simon thing came around I feel like marcy just became one big tear drop, Seeing marcaline shave half her head, riding on wolfs and having fun, I was estatic to see a female character with that much spunk, I thought she and finn would be perfect for adventure pals when jake was off with rainycorn
fuck me though, I guess that was asking for too much

Huh...Simple, but elegant. I like it.

We both wanted it, user. which is why one day if I decide to write or draw a better AT I won't let that opportunity go to waste

Live your dreams user.

I'm kind of working on something to bring my own ship to life in a new form. At some point writing fanfic is a poor substitute for wanting to make something new that has the feeling of what you loved about the original without the baggage that comes with fan works.

Honestly I liked the way their personalities interacted and complemented each other. Her cautiousness and inquisitiveness tempered his boldness and brashness, and she'd probably be a good influence on him. They made a pretty good team.

Plus I read a really good fanfiction that made me like it. m.fanfiction.net/s/8440324/1/

god speed, soldier
cant deny this, I like writing my ships doing cute stuff but I still want to see it happen, not just in words, im not delusional enough to think it will happen in the shows but not logical enough to let it go.
Ive been thinking of drawing them, seems like a good start

I'm pretty much the same way - I wrote mostly fluff and was light on the plot.

Drawing would definitely be a good start though. Maybe you could try for one of those fancy new electronic comics that the kids are doing these days? Way cheaper than a cartoon.

>127k words
Jesus, there's more in that one story than my entire body of fanfic combined.

That's like, 2-3 real novels worth of fanfic.

I don't even watch that show but I'm going to start reading it now.

That's so sweet I think I just got a cavity.

well if we're posting Adventure Time OTP's, might as well post mine

It's cute - but won't she be dead in like, 2 years because of the insane rate that Rainicorn-Dog hybrids age?

From now until the end of time, I will always love this stupid crackship.
>tfw the last zim thread was basically a ZAGR dump thread
Probably best if that doesn't happen again, but I can't complain. And drawfagging for the threads is pretty fun, too.

I figure the fast aging only applies from infancy till they're adults, otherwise Jake's kids would be dead by now*, not to mention Bronwyn's only 1/4 Rainicorn

*or Lady Rainicorn for that matter since Jake mentioned it was a Rainicorn trait

This is a crop, isn't it? I swear I've seen it uncropped somewhere before.

Also, mandatory.

Because is popular.

the fact that finn is immune to electricity and bron has electric powers makes me legitimately like this one

Holy shit, I thought I was the only one who did this

>tfw you've written almost 400k at this point
>of fanfiction

>it was a Rainicorn trait
He himself was born with the ability to talk, I think some of his monster genes are to blame too

>has the best art, fic
What fic?

Wirt and Beatrice. Because I genueinely think that they are the more elaborate romance in the cartoon. Both characters are very complete and balanced in their dynamic and that's weird in the cartoons.

I like how Beatrice is bossy but coward, spoiled and femenine, she is like a normal person. And Wirt is insecure and coward but he can be strong to take of these who he dear. (men he literally ride a white horse to rescue Beatrice, it's funny). They are both smart but in different aspects, she is practical and he is academic.

They are a very interesting couple. But honestly I don't really understand why their fics tend to be dark, it's obvious that the author want a happy ending for these two.

> siblings

>ending 2 consecutive sentences on the same word
>uses "coward" as an adjective
>twice
>men he literally ride a white horse to rescue Beatrice, it's funny
>can be strong to take of these who he dear. (men he literally ride a white horse to rescue Beatrice, it's funny).
>those who he dear
>men he
>Ride in past-tense
I'm trying not to be a grammar-nazi bitch, but this was very difficult to understand what you meant. You're about 2 words away from
>Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Probably not his first language.
Perfectly clear to me.

Finn and Marcelone here too.
Given the second episode of Adventure Time to see the light of day was "Evicted", and recalling how runaway-popular it had been, I'm confident in assuming a large group of the show's earlier fans latched on because of Marceline and Finn having a great dynamic. The more the show drifted away from them as a duo (not even as a romantic pairing, but they seemingly gave up on having Finn and Marceline interact at all) the more I lost interest, and I suspect the same goes for others.

Sorry this is not my native languaje. That's because normally I am a silent watcher, I can read english but I have many problems writing it. Is it possible read it or understand it?

Mm... This is my favorite fanfic about the ship, it's not very good but it's comfy. "The way we pass"

>I'm trying not to be a grammar-nazi bitch
Try harder. It's clearly not their first language.

Oh thank you

You are doing fine. Your English is understandable to native speakers.

Only children and insecure people will criticize your occasional errors.

Is there a purest love that this one?

Over the Garden Wall is my favorite cartoon of the last several years.

It's so unique, and the characters are so enjoyable to watch.

Yeah, don't worry too much.

Hurray people can understand my babbling

I know and to be sincere I don't wanted watch this show originally (I understimated it by the desing of the protagonists), but It really surprised me. It's probably the best cartoon in the decade.

The characters in Over The Garden Wall demostrate that the rule of three is effective in our times.

Weird comment about them ahead: So... Wirt is Patrick McHale self-insert, Greg is based in his son... Then is Beatrice based in his wife? I have notice for the comics that McHale have a particular taste for a concrete dynamic between a pair, an academic man and a woman with a practical and rural knowledge, that's the dynamic that he used for the Woodsman and his wife and I keep asking myself if this is based in a personal thing.

Pat McHale seems like a cool dude.

I like his creative style. He also worked on "The Marvelous Adventures of Flapjack", which I also enjoyed.

>
In a universe where reason is dead and every ship might as well be a crackship, it makes just about as much sense as anything else.

Also scientists

Off the top of my head I can't think of one big time favorite fic, but Doublepines, Pineneedleshurt and Tat-buns all wrote some fun pinecest stuff. I used to know more but it's been a long time and I've forgotten a bit.

Link?

Classic "villian is tsundere for hero".

Damn, just re watches all the older (Season 1-3) episodes and was surprised by how little Marcy appeared, and how for each appearance was filled to brim with shipping with Finn

Yeah. And then in comes Allegri who can't even finish a kickstarter to take a giant wet shit all over it.

>and how for each appearance was filled to brim with shipping with Finn
not even really "shipping"
just two characters being themselves and getting along well with eachother. It doesn't feel artificial or forced, and that's what made it so good.

Onscreen romances are almost never as good as two characters who are friends on a show.

That's probably why ships of characters who are friends but aren't canonically romantic are so popular - because we get to see their interactions without any of the forced drama that always gets applied to romantic interests in shows.

It's sad that they never really interact anymore

Feels like whenever Finn is included with Marceline he's playing third wheel to Simon, PB or some other party.

I stopped watching the show when Finn became a side character in the series. Sometime during that whole Flame Princess deal.

What's so wrong with that? It's only cartoons user.

the cutest

Likewise.

120% canon

patrician

There were some greentexts made in /sug/ a long while back of Pearl trying to keep Greg from seeing Rose so much that she ends up hatefucking him just to tire him out so that he doesn't keep trying.

Then eventually she starts waiting for him to show up and he stops pretending that he's there to get past her.

It was both gross and kind of sweet at the end.

Been my OTP from 1990
So happy to see them back together

GUMMED

What about Sally with Nichole?

Gib link pls.

Yurifags get out.

It was greentexts, there's nothing to link to.

It's gone user.

Forever.

Desuarchive faggot.

I wish I could see more of these two together. I always wanted to see Finn to be with an adventurer or something close. And while she didn't want to date him at the time, one episode showed that she's still interested in him.

And the first episode of the final season is going to be focused on Finn and HW again (along with PB, Banana Guards and some baseball shenanigans)

Do your own legwork ya knob

here's one

and another

one more
Don't know if these are in order

actually, yuri is cool and good

especially in an alternate universe with evil versions of the protagonists

And there's this, straight from the Enchiridion + Marcy's Scrapbook (which shows what happened before the events of Stakes and the series in general)

Patrician taste user, pinecest is bestcest
I wish i was here during /gfg/

He never did though, there always was a shit ton of Finn-centered episodes

It was a very fun general at first, and was also the first place that I'd seen Doublepines art that got me into the ship in the first place. It eventually went bad when people lost their shit in the second season but until then it was a fun place to hang out and post art and talk about fan theories.

I ended up writing a ton of stuff thanks to /gfg/.

Best post in the thread

But Reverse Padippica is even better. The peppy, adventurous, rich yet kind hearted and humble girl breaking down the walls of the Cold, Stoic, and Aloof sorcerer, showing him that he's not the monster everyone thinks he is and enabling him to feels things that he thought impossible, that just gives me a throbbing heartboner.

Yuri is boring

Why not both?

Nah, it's pretty much identical to any straight ship its just that it's harder for dudes to self insert into. If you just want to enjoy a cute romance and not pretend that you are the one banging the cartoon girl it's still plenty of fun.

Because reverse Mabel is an open sociopath who is liable to shank both of them for not paying enough attention to her.

Depends on who is writing/drawing them. I've seen some where Mabel is the bigger monster, some where Dipper is pretty much just a serial killer and Mabel is emotionally numb and others where they are about equal levels of fucked up.

Absolutely patrician

Fact

This.
Also, all self-inserters should neck themselves.

One can enjoy ships without self inserting you know

If you honestly think that yuri cannot have self insertion or that a straight ship automatically means self insertion, then I have a suggestion for you

I know, that's why I don't get the automatic yuri hate. There are bad yuri ships and good ones, but the default on Sup Forums seems to be that all yuri is trash for some reason regardless of the characters involved.

Don't put words into my mouth.

I for one blame Korra. It's just left a really bad taste in my mouth. Plus I think it's just one autist who keeps bashing yuri

A quality ship that got sunk before its time.