What is it about Mabel that made her the prototype for all female leads in cartoon shows for the foreseeable future?

What is it about Mabel that made her the prototype for all female leads in cartoon shows for the foreseeable future?

>the prototype for all female leads in cartoon shows for the foreseeable future?

God I hope not

Pacifica's _______ _______

abusive father.

annoying fans.

it's already happening with Star vs. and Duck Tales

hell the only cartoon without a Mabel is Milo's Murphy's Law, which is failing due to it being a mediocre successor to Phineas and Ferb

cigarette holder

A bettercharacter

More likeable.

Daddy Issues

mountainous ranges.

small chest

I don't think Mabel started the trend; it's been around for awhile. Heck, if I recall correctly, Alex once posted his guidelines for writing Mabel and Dipper where he warned the writers not to turn her into a generic catchphrase machine

Sparkly panties.

Are you suggesting Star's a Mabel ripoff?
You do realize the concept of Star Vs existed before Gravity Falls right?

She sorta did become one

massive stogie

I actually haven't watched much of Gravity Falls so could you clarify what you mean? Would Amy Rose from Sonic Boom, or Summer Sanchez from Rick and Morty be "inspired" by Mabel?

Was she wearing sweaters and loose clothes all the time because she was trying to hide her developing breasts and felt embarrassed of them? I find no other reason to use sweaters in mid summer.

Mabel is just a popular example of a trope that existed long before she was around: the genki girl. The energetic, kind of dumb, female character.

They were probably already massive.

This makes me want to draw some Maboobs... I already delivered one in another random thread

Managed to find the actual post. Well, a type up of the actual post. The original appears to have been deleted.

"Mabel’s not stupid. She’s a ham! There’s a big difference. Mabel’s love of goofing off is a natural force of her personality, but she can still understand when people she cares about need help or are in danger. Don’t just make her a catchphrase machine. She really cares about the people around her. (Secret: Mabel’s secretly jealous that her brothers better academically than she is)"

Sadly true. At least Alex was kinda aware of it and tried to stop it from happening.

>but she can still understand when people she cares about need help or are in danger.

Funny how things change, huh?

I'll draw some too if you link to your drawing

Does Candass art exist?

I will color it eventually if I feel like it

Nice and heavy looking, the way it should be
Good work!

If anyone has requests I'll try

>If anyone has requests I'll try
How about a pic of Candy or Grenda making a cute pose? Like any in pic related.

Maboobs with Leni Loud clothes

what's not to like about obnoxious sociopaths that ruin people's lives and get no comeuppance?

Is that who Mabel is?

Star existed before Gravity Falls.

Webby is much more like Dipper than Mabel. Practically her opposite. And also existed before Gravity Falls.

0 for 2, man.

HAFNIM animations.

>Star existed before Gravity Falls.
Where?

Why do the nips love Mabel so damn much? They still make art and doujinshi of her all the time and dress up like her.

I don't know, probably the part where you're delusional and want a fictional child to apologize to you specifically.

Nefcy actually came up with Star way back in college. I think originally she only pretended to be a magical girl. Nefcy always wanted to do a Sailor Moon thing since she was a kid apparently. Star was basically a Usagi offshoot (which is pretty obvious watching the show anyway).

/gfg/ got REAL fucking weird toward the end of the shows run

it's like everyone got replaced by spambots that posted the same 2 or 3 Manlet/Hack/etc. copypastas on repeat, constant Manzi-posting and then everyone lost their shit over the Mabel thing in the end and pretty much ruined any sense of enjoyment for visiting the thread.

It was like a weird contest over who could jerk themselves off harder over how terrible the show was

>Japanese ReversePines art
I was hoping that they'd never have access to that technology. God only knows what they'd make with it.

>I was hoping that they'd never have access to that technology.
I hope you're kidding, Japan loves that shit. Even today they post tons of new Reverse Falls fan art on twitter.

I'm not surprised.

[/spoiler]I always had a lot of fun writing it.[/spoiler]

It wasn't Mabel, it was pink one

I'm impressed by Gravity Falls convincing so many people to this day that Mabel was likable and interesting

In real life she'd be irritating as hell, but as a character in a cartoon I found her entertaining which was all I needed from her.

Uh, I don't think that's true, OP.

Claiming any new girl character is Mabel is just a forced meme. Same as that old one where any new show that was getting popular was the new MLP.

>tfw when you realize that Gravity Falls is a classic evil twin story and most people didn't even notice

Ford is irresponsible and kind of a dick maybe, but I wouldn't say he's evil with a capital 'E'.

>all these qoutes partaining a deleted post

Oh my god, please do not tell me this shit's Clarissa again.

Just watching both shows, I can tell this is correct. Star and Mabel are really pretty much nothing alike. For one, Mabel is actually concerned with the feelings of people around her, and not just in the sense of them supporting her. Mabel not only expresses a high degree of empathy but knows she does so and lauds herself for it, it's very important to her that she boosts everyone around her.

Star, uh, wants to slay monsters and be the baddest-assed and the prettiest and the most whatever. It's not similar.

Okay, you're obviously trying to start shit

They definitely are, but I do kind of agree with them.

Star is way more selfish than Mabel was, that's just kind of the way their characters are defined. I like them both as characters, and being selfish doesn't mean someone is a terrible person.

I consider Star better written because while they're both selfish, with Star it's acknowledged and part of her character arc, while with Mabel it feels like you're not supposed to notice it

With Mabel it's more like it was acknowledged but dropped later on because the season had to end and stuff.

No, I've watched both cartoons and that's my summary of both characters. Star absolutely treats people around her--even ones she cares about--as secondary to her drive to, basically, kick lots of ass and prove she doesn't need her parents' advice. Star frequently fails to really think about the feelings of her best friend Marco; Mabel OTOH always wants everyone around her to be good. She'll literally stretch herself for a piece of shit like Robbie. That'd be like Star using her powers to fix whatever family problems Britney Wong has.

Nah, Mabel's character is pretty consistent right from the start. She's loud, doesn't take things overly seriously, likes to troll her brother, is super into romance and has good people skills. She pretty much wants everything to be a party and everyone to be happy all the time, which is part of why she trolls Dipper so much since he's always really serious about things.

t. Mabel

>Star, uh, wants to slay monsters and be the baddest-assed and the prettiest
>wants to slay monsters and be the baddest-assed and the prettiest
>wants to be the prettiest

I'll give you the first two but the third is straight bullshit

cute! CUTE!

>Star absolutely treats people around her--even ones she cares about--as secondary to her drive to, basically, kick lots of ass and prove she doesn't need her parents' advice.

Even in the first few episodes, she tries to help people.

>Says she'll fuck off since she's bothering Marco in the very first episode
>Pony Head tries to convince Star to ditch Marco in the hands of those St. O guards, Star says no way
>When Star thinks the football team will be literally "slaughtered" by the rival school, she tries to defend them.
>Star rushes to save Marco and his family when she thinks Gustav was going to kill them

Moe, cute, and le quirky, allowing for hack writers to easily capture manchildren and waifucucks' attention without giving her an actual personality.

She wears a swimsuit that shows she's flat chested in an episode, so no.

Would you support a third season, knowing it was crappy, if you knew Mabel would have a nude scene in an episode? Like, actual girl butt in a cartoon?

No.

Because I am not a pedophile.

Also, the story has already been wrapped up so another season seems like a stretch. At most maybe a one time special that takes place next summer where the twins join the Stans on an adventure somewhere.

Maybe change up their designs a bit since they'd be a year older at that point.

She was annoying as a character in a cartoon too. I wanted her to fall down a woodchipper in the first episode.

Then why watch more than the first episode since she was in roughly half of it?

Do you really hate yourself that much that you keep exposing yourself to things you dislike for no good reason?

Because the rest of the show seemed promising at the time and everything not related to her was more or less enjoyable? Not like it was Allen Gregory-tier shitfest with no redeeming qualities.
>unbearably annoying character
>dislike for no good reason
Sure.

No, I'm asking why you as someone in control of your actions would expose yourself to something you apparently hated so much without being forced to do so.

If I hate 50% of something I'm not going to keep watching it because the other 50% is ok because that's just stupid.

Would you want them aged up or kept their original ages?

I don't even know how to explain that to you, I don't mean it in an offensive way but you don't seem to get it.
Try to put yourself in my shoes for the day I watched the pilot of GF. You like the atmosphere, you like the humor, you're quickly invested in the mysteries stuff and curious where the plot would go and the show is visually pretty attractive, you like most of the main characters except for one who is such an obnoxious douchebag that you can't stomach them for one freaking second despite enjoying the rest. Is that a dealbreaker to you? If you answer "yes", then I believe we have a big difference in opinions and won't find a common ground.

Moe?

Also in one of the earlier episodes, she stays up for three days straight trying to help Marco after accidentally mutating his arm

Normally, the name of a famous character in the Simpsons cartoon show who is the bartender of a pub named after himself. Famous for being trolled by one of the main characters in the Simpsons cartoon show named Bart Simpson, the eldest of the three kids of the Simpsons family.
In this specific context, Moe does not refer to the bartender, but to a Japanese concept of endearing traits in fictional characters.

Now you know, and knowing would be half the battle, but unfortunately, this knowledge I imparted to you was utterly worthless and dumb, and thus, I wasted your time.

I regret nothing.

I don't like her

>Come back
>Drawfag hasn't delivered

Guess it's my job to deliver the tiddies then

She's got a decent personality

>comparing quirky jewish normal girl to a lolsorandumb tween alien bimbo
since I like to give credit.

that seems like an incredibly dangerous and useless sweater.

>Look ma, I posted it again!

Is it just me, or is any mass-reply post usually retarded?

It's just you.

That clip is literally in the show intro. It practically defines her character.

>jewish

Stop with this shit

typically yeah

>Webby is much more like Dipper than Mabel.
Stop this meme.

>socially awkward loner
>conspiracy board
>obsessed with adventures and mysteries
>encyclopedic knowledge of monsters and magical objects
>hero worship of adventurers

Not a meme. Webby being anything like Mabel is a baseless meme. Not boy crazy, not obsessed with arts and crafts and slumber parties, not a social butterfly. All that's there is they each have a grappling hook.

It's good to see other people fighting this stale "every girl is Mabel" meme.

It's just dumb, maybe if you frame the idea so broadly it's just "is a girl" but otherwise there's no flood of Mabels. And the idea that Mabel was the first comedic girl character ever is fucking stupid too.

brump