What's so bad about Scott Pilgrim again?

What's so bad about Scott Pilgrim again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BitByGeWGxU
youtube.com/watch?v=lb8JliHH9x8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Scott is a faggot.

/thread

It got popular

Still wish we got a cartoon instead of that crappy movie...

The movie is the best part of the IP.

Scott is actually a big Chad in nerd clothing.

short answer: It was popular

longer answer: It was popular around the time when "hipster" was the popular insult instead of "cuck."

I liked the movie but it's not as good as the books and the game shits on both of them quality-wise.

>Not the videogame
You are wrong

PRETENTIOUS HIPSTER TRASH

It's actually quite alright. People who hate it tend to be vocal at how the main character is unlikeable and miss that precisely that's the point of the story.

youtube.com/watch?v=BitByGeWGxU
We got this at least.
Also the movie is one of my favorite Edgar Wright films.

was Lisa best girl all along?

Nah, Knives was.

good post, you took the words out of my mouth.
(or thoughts, whatever)

Most of us grew out of it. It was relevant when I was younger, but almost a decade later I realise everyone is a smarmy piece of shit

>but almost a decade later I realise everyone is a smarmy piece of shit
That kind of re-reading it a bit hard. The big lesson is that Scott was a huge asshole and he has to work to fix his past mistakes for his friends and shit, but EVERYONE is a kind of a huge cunt, it's just Scott is the main character and we see the most of him.

>EVERYONE

I can get Lisa, I can get Ramona most of all and maybe Stephen but how is Kim a cunt?

Was kind of an enabler, Scott screwed her over, and just kinda rolled with it, leading to him continuing to be an immature manchild to the people he came across.

The movie was pretty fucking great.

Well, maybe not the acting, but the direction and editting is fucking top notch. Edgar Wright is the best.

It's pretentious hipster bullshit.

Well the last volume hammers home that Ramona is basically the same as Scott in that she's a terrible person too.

Nothing; it's just a story for teenagers

>The movie is the best part of the IP.

It easily could if they didn't cast Michael Cera as the lead.

It's not even that pretentious.

Hipster, sure, but not pretentious.

Scott isn't supposed to be likeable so the casting is great

You gotta admit kieran culkin was great though.

Kieran is an underappreciated treasure IMO

Scott didn't fuck Lisa.

The undisputed best fucking girl.

The movie missed the entire point of the book.

The book is about how pathetic Scott is for viewing life as a game where he's the main character and he deserves to win his literal dream girl.

The movie glorifies him and plays all of that straight. All the scenes where other characters suggest to the reader that the way Scott perceives events is skewed are cut out of the movie.

Now is the movie fun and exciting from a visual standpoint? Yes. But I can't help but cringe when I watch it, because I can think of all the teenagers (including myself back when it came out) viewing it as a big awesome power fantasy, while the book is all about criticizing that exact kind of mentality.

I mean Scott is still shown to be a pretty big loser.

Him being a loser is honestly more explicit in the movie where in the comics its something that comes to light over time.

>Him being a loser is honestly more explicit in the movie where in the comics its something that comes to light over time.

It's been a while since I read the books but I remember even in the first issue it being a thing that he was bumming his lease off wallace (I think), he had a pretty bad late fee problem at the video place, he was jobless, and he was trying to hook up with a 17 year old instead of someone closer to his age.

That's not Kim

This
Fuckin' love Kieran in The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys

youtube.com/watch?v=lb8JliHH9x8

He is the best Culkin

You're partially right.

The book emphasizes at the end how much of a jerk Scott was, and that he had his own share of ex's. Literally the point of the last book, how similar he and Gideon are.

The movie also reduces Ramona from a messed up girl with some emotional issues to work out to manic pixie dream girl that Scott needs to fight for.

Though of course, the movie was also going to end with her running off again and Scott getting with knives.

It was only because the comic ended with Scott and Ramona together that they shot that last scene at the last minute.

Kim a shit, Knives is better

She was a douchebag who didn't give Scott the time of day for why she was always shitty with him, more than "Because we broke up".

I think Scott even says he thinks it's all okay between them and that she was mad "for a few days" because they broke up. He doesn't get that she's still mad as fuck at him, and that it's because he was a shitty boyfriend and ruined any normal friendship they could have had with his shittiness. Which, yeah, he was shitty. But if she wanted to, she could totally open a dialogue to Scott and get some kind of closure by literally just informing him she's still mad at him, since Scott thought they were still friends the whole time.

Kim doesn't even hide her contempt for Scott which for any normal human being would be obvious as she didn't used to treat him like that.

But Scott just doesn't notice or care.

And it was more than "They broke up"

It was Scott didn't even have the balls to tell her directly that he was leaving, he got their mutal friend to tell her, and then acted like nothing had even happened when they reunited later.

The game had that giant-ass difficulty curve after Level 2.

The main character and main love interest are awful people.
Good read though

I mean, thats the point

>That's not what your mom said last NIGHT

was Lisa in the right to seduce Scott?

That's a funny way to spell Stacey

good post

Lisa is a whore and I wish she killed herself.

Way to much hype surrounding the movie and Micheal Cera was poorly cast.

Actually, I don't think I ever met a hipster that wasn't a cuck. We should kill them all. Hate those fuckers

I'm actually reading SP in whole for the first time right now.

Read the first three volumes when they came out a long time ago, but got distracted, forgot, and was turned off by all the crap surrounding the movie.

Now that it's been so long since the last book came out I want to go back and re-asses the series as a whole, with no mass popularity to cloud my judgement.

Julie is the best girl and any claims of best girl before and after this post are moot

It's very gay.

No seriously, so many gay characters.

The game got removed from any online store
Seriously I had a dream I was at my cousin's house and his PS3 had the game on it. WTF is wrong with me?