youtube.com/watch?v=RaAXPsFj3eA
youtube.com/watch?v=1CJU7abPjTM
youtube.com/watch?v=F2bk_9T482g
youtube.com/watch?v=QoxzPG0jFT8
youtube.com/watch?v=2T-hFFsDaFQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw you're a can opener, a lamp, and a shaver
>tfw you're a mishmash

I remember that moment got me good. Lots of tears and sniffles. His nervous breakdown earlier in the movie was really intense as well. The scene afterward, it felt as though the vibrancy had been ripped out of everything around him. The world was burnt and wasted. Powerful stuff, at least to me when I was a kid.

>I'M NOT AN INVALID! I was designed to stick in a wall. I cant help it if the kid was too short to reach my dials....ITS.. MY..FUNCTION!!!!

scene scared me as a kid. mostly because my dad yelled at us alot and i didnt like yelling, but most parents yelled back then

so did the AC just not give a shit about the kid's parents using him?

apparently no one else's use mattered except for the master, though idk why a 6 year old kid would be playing with a vacuum either

I just love the fact that this movie is the reason Pixar exists as it does - And with all the power Lasseter has now with Disney, I'm surprised how little it's referenced.

>that moment when the car willingly drives itself onto the crusher's conveyor belt

The parents used them, but didn't pay much attention to them beyond turning them on and off. The kid actually loved them and hung out with them. I don't know if he suffered from a severe lack of toys or if he was just fascinated by household appliances, but that kid poured a lot of attention into those devices that ordinary people did not. Considering that he later seemed to be something of a handyman with an affection for household items, I'm inclined to think it was the latter.

tl;dr: The kid was weird. The parents not so much.

>no Brave Little Toaster disney infinity figures

I think that was less evocative of suicide so much as some folks go out kicking and screaming, others calmly accept death with dignity. But I suppose my interpretation could be wrong; the cars are singing about being worthless, after all.

What's the theme here, again?

>It's not my fault! I didn't ask to be made this way!

the unedited nipple pastie scene

dude he fucking floored it in there.

its him going on out on his own terms

anyone else feel like Pixar ran out of creative juice?

They've come a full circle wih their ideas for movies.

Despair and hopelessness would be my guess. The Toaster and the others did have the chance to take control of their lives, because they could venture out. Their mobility gave them hope. The Air Conditioner had only despair and jealousy.

There also seems to be themes of depression, as the AC resented everyone and believed everyone resented him and looked down on him for what he was, and he couldn't escape his lot in life. He projected onto the others the way he felt about himself.

Sounds like a case of autism

Brave Little Toaster was a pretty terrifying movie all around and it gets worse when you get older and start to catch some of the symbolism.

He floored it into the crusher? I recall him driving onto the conveyor belt and then waiting for it to take him to the end of his road. I'm not disagreeing with you, I do think it was about him going out on his own terms. Just a small detail.

nice meme!

Oh, they most definitely have. There's less of a drive for a particular project, and more of them trying to keep their brand image in a good place. With each film before, they knew exactly where they wanted to go with it, but now, it's all about fitting the right beats for audience appeal - And there's no science to that, which is why most modern film is suffering. They're trying too hard to fill out a check list, as opposed to just making something.

Well, it's not impossible. The Master was a pretty oddball kid and possibly grew up into some sort of machine savant, unless I'm recalling that one wrong.

theres a clip of in on youtbe I think, Ill go check....and youre right he did kind of sit there.

That would have been the best place for his character to go, but no, he became a fucking Veterinarian - Because the sequel wanted cute, talking animals.

Why did my favorite childhood movies feature such heavy themes of accepting death? Land Before Time and Brave Little Toaster respectively. Do cartoons lately still do that? I say this having yet to see Up.

I just assumed he was fucking dead

>though idk why a 6 year old kid would be playing with a vacuum either
Maybe he used it when he was an early teenager.

>Land Before Time
requisite ducky post

rip in peace

Yup yup yup

>What are you gonna do, Kirby? Suck me to death?
That line just took on a whole new meaning

My grandparents had an old vacuum that I have fond memories of. Not because I would actively play with it, but because they would often just leave it in the rooms I played after using it. When I was 4 or 5, I remember learning how to open it up and take the dust bag out. I would climb on it sometimes, too (it was one of those really old ones that sat on the floor rather than the upright kind).

I can completely understand why he would feel nostalgic for it.

I googled it and holy shit that vacuum was from 1937. I can't believe it was still working 80 years later.

They don't make 'em like they used to, I guess

He sounds like Jack Nicholson.

Weird. I just watched this movie on a stream channel. Odd there'd be a thread for it. That blanket was a shit.

Blanket could be a little bitch yeah but he was the baby of the group and the most attached to the kid.

why the hell did the tv just have an avatar

Things were made to last back then. Now they intentionally make it so appliances and other things break so you have to pay for getting them fix or buying entirely new ones.

He's very visual

This. Planned obsolescence isn't just a meme

Except it's not being used as a buzzword here, it literally sounds like the kid is autistic, albeit highly functioning.

I mean he was fucking a black girl, come on

Brave Little Toaster is probably what influences the hoarder tendencies I fight all the time.

I have to power through throwing useless shit away sometimes as I imagine it spending the rest of its maligned existence in a landfill, wondering what it did to displease me.

He didn't drive into the crusher, but he drove onto the conveyor belt. The magnet loomed behind him, and he just drove forward on his own.

She was cute.

I just rewatched this because I haven't seen it in so long

And dude.

That one old man dinosaur that was like the fuck is this stupid ass kid crying about, and then when he realized what Littlefoot was talking about he just morphed into old wise man mode.

That was....good.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but all my stuff is still going strong?

My Genesis works, just the not all the games.

"Hey I'm real scared there kurby, what're ya gonna do suck me to death?"

>Bought a good, new TV in 2014
>All of the sudden in early 2017, it wont turn on
>The little red light still stays lit, so it's still getting power. It just won't turn on unless you REALLY fuck with it.
>All of my old shit works, 10+ years old
I hate how nothing fucking lasts anymore.

Thats from the era where things were built to last.

I used to quote this all the time when I was a kid. Mostly when someone challenged or threatened me.

I once got sent to the principal's office because of it

I guess you could say he was a ....

wet blanket

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

when you figure out the message of their latest movie, you're getting really sad for Pixar.

MY THESIS

youtube.com/watch?v=nq2g-z6fiNw

Same. This fucking movie, wtf.

What's worse, it reminded me of first watching it on synctube with some pals a few years ago. :/

This. Sorta. Also fuck programmed obsolescence.

>When your mother is brutally attacked by Satan incarnate as a fucking T-Rex
>Watching your mother battle a Satan-saur as it rips the flesh from her very body as you narrowly avoid being crushed by your own mother and eaten by the battling Satan-saur
>Mother barely wins against the Satan-saur
>Lying, dying and bleeding to death whilst comforting her child

Later on.

>Son is sad and alone as literally the entire Earth begins to explode around them into an apocalypse
>Crying alone as he sees images of his mother in the sky and in the shadows as he desperately tries to makes sense and come to terms with her death
>Finds old crusty dino-man and asks for his help, old dino-man tells him to fuck off, hears his story and then apologizes and gives the son the "circle of life" talk
>Dino-gang goes deep down into the freshly opened Earth to try and cross a newly formed gorge from the dino-land-apocalypse
>Son finds Satan-saur that he thinks was dead
>It's actually knocked out, his mother's death was partially in vain
>Satan-saur wakes up chases down and hunt dino-gang and son in terror nearly avoiding death multiple times
>They try to get back home to a fabled land where they "think" their family is
>Satan-saur is following them
>The misfit lost gang turns the tables and goes on the offensive, literally a bunch of baby random dino-animals fighting a Satan-saur
>Lure it into the trap and nearly gets all of them killed
>They drown the fucking Satan-saur, completing a meta-physical revenge narrative for his mother's death
>He finds his grandparents, they make it to the fabled lands after killing the Satan-saur

Up cannot hold a candle to this movie. Up was cute, but it was executed as though it was preaching to adults and nostalgia of agedness, rather than a kids movie that focused on any kind of death, all I could honestly say was the Dodo bird, talking dogs and fighting old men overshadowed whatever serious message of death that Up was trying to convey.

>post disney-pixar merge movie

figures.

>Sharptooth vs. Mother-saur Fight
>youtube.com/watch?v=RaAXPsFj3eA

>Mother-saur dying and comforting her child as she bleeds out
>youtube.com/watch?v=1CJU7abPjTM

Vs.

>The entire arc of the emotional part of the story summed up in a montage, happy marriage and to an extent life and death, remorse from failed pregnancy, and sadness from her death, nothing THAT bad happened, just regrets, and of not going to South America?
>youtube.com/watch?v=F2bk_9T482g

>Old men and dogs fighting
>youtube.com/watch?v=QoxzPG0jFT8

>Fat kid (whoever the fuck he is or what purpose he serves) becomes friends with old man, old man gets a surrogate metaphorical son that replaces his wife and own dead child as he forces himself into the life of another's family
>youtube.com/watch?v=2T-hFFsDaFQ

Mind you, no one fucking questions where or why this kid was missing for fucking days or even weeks with an old man going to South America and running around, it's just viewed as, "another day in our kid's wacky life, smeh!".

I honestly hated Up

i dont mind Up, but i am curious when we'll get a a new good dinosaur movie.

because this one wasn't good, save for title.

Up still was pretty shit to me personally and I could NOT understand why people loved it, the closest explanation was by a female friend who said it made her "want that marriage and life". The only thing I could equate to movie to would be sitting in the lobby of a nursing home and watching all the people slowly shuffle and move around as their biological clocks slowly ticked away, as you sat there wondering, if anything interesting would happen. And then a clown comes to cheer up the old people, honking, sqeeking and making balloon animals for everyone and you leave in a fit of rage at the mere sight of the nursing home staff treating them like old-children. Basically trivializing the the original message and making a joke out of a convoluted side plot of some fighting old men over a goddamn bird.

I hated both. I'm not sure what's the general consensus on Up, but The Good Dinosaur doesn't seem to be very popular.

Up starts "down" as all fuck, then the main old guy basically gets kicked out of his own home (note the owners of the corporation fucking him over don't even get any kind of comuppance), then he finds out his childhood hero a shit. I kept expecting the kid's father to be the corporation's owner and have a change of heart, everything wrapping Up nicely, but even that, which seemed obvious and could have improved the movie a bit, didn't happen. Fuck that movie.

>My Genesis works
Lucky you. On mine the Peter Gabriel broke and since they don't make them any more, I had to replace it with a Phil Collins. It hasn't been the same since.

Bitch you're going down
to the ground
there's no better place to go

Good Dinosaur felt like it was trying to combine too many other elements and themes, farmers, cowboys, a literal touch or homage or influence of and from the plot of "Land Before Time" and some others. I watched it twice, not for the story, but the visual effects had me baffled that they couldn't pair it with even a half-way decent plot.

And yeah, Up was pretty damn bad too, I couldn't stomach watching it half-way through a second time, it was too boring.

What I thought was kind of interesting was "The Little Prince", though I think it was REALLY heavy handed towards the whole corpratization of the entire world and almost a dystopoian like depiction of the world of endless greys and monotones. But I thought the message towards children of one's own worth in a modern society, growing up (to a lesser extent of the overall moral of the story) and death was interesting and at least refreshing.

Anyone else had an emotional attachment to an inanimate object? That is all that is. It has to do with a lot of nostalgia to better times of your past. This was the kids summer home that he very much enjoyed with his folks. They obviously gave him chores to do while they stayed up there. Vacuuming the cabin was probably one of them. So that is why Kurby was loved by a little boy.

>But I thought the message towards children of one's own worth in a modern society, growing up (to a lesser extent of the overall moral of the story) and death was interesting and at least refreshing.
>The problem isn't getting old. The problem is forgetting.

I really liked that line. And I don't think they meant in a sense of, grown-ups literally forgot being children, but that they forgot what that feels like, what it means to look at the world with wonder and enjoy things that don't necessarily make sense.

poor air conditioner
he was a jerk anyway

I remember thinking "woah this movie is pretty cool" when I was a kid

Then I grew up and decided to watch it again, shit's pretty dark

Also, Lampy is the best, but fuck Blanky

Best appliance was the TV for how hard he worked to save the other guys