What's with all the hate for current Marvel?

Honest question. I think their books have never looked cooler or more appealing before.
All of them have a unique identity that separates them from the others, and I love that Marvel is looking for talent in the most unexpected of places. Yes, the political stuff can get annoying but honestly, I think it's unfair to write off all of their books just because of that.

How long have you been reading comics? Have you read any Marvel stuff not made within the last 10 years?

Bait

Wanna know how I can tell you haven't read a single one of the books you posted?

Paid shills.

X-Men Blue is pretty good actually.

kek

Why is Gambit so tiny on that Dare Devil cover?

That's not Gambit. That's Daredevil's new Asian (((Inhuman))) sidekick.

Marvel's fanbase is full of racist mysogibsts.

Not surprising. Marvel has one of the worst fanbases ever. They embody every negative stereotype of comicbook readers.

What was wrong with Echo, the sexy Latina who can't hear you sneak up on her

She died, got Bendis'd in Moon Knight.

Bendis Bendised his own Bendis!!??

>inhuman
But he isn't inhuman

Yeah, meanwhile REE REE is allowed to walk free. Shit sucks.

I've been reading for 5 years and yes I have read comics older than 10 years. I got a Marvel Unlimited subscription so I read a lot of older stuff. Those comics were okay but they were really samey and didn't speak to me like Marvel's current output does.

How is this bait?

How, pray tell.

kys

>What's with all the hate for current Marvel?

Why?

People have yet to explain to me why they hate current Marvel.

>I love that Marvel is looking for talent in the most unexpected of places
> I think their books have never looked cooler or more appealing before

I'm legitimately, seriously, crying with laughter. You made my fucking night OP

Do you have autism or something? What's going on?

What's up Prof.Warren? Did DisMarvel order you to start shilling outside of CBR now?

Who?

Probably bait but here's my input.

As someone who's catching up on Marvel over the last few years, because DC got THAT shitty, I'm seeing the changes easier.

My MAIN gripe though is that Marvel panders so hard to the SJW crowd. I remember someone posting from (new avengers?) a panel where the heroes were so fucking interchangeable dialogue because there's zero personalities and uniqueness.

Like I'm all for LGBT characters and strong dames, Carol please step on me, but they force it so hard and it's so bad. They create issues that never get addressed again.

And they take iconic characters and completely revamp them instead of making new characters.

BUT, this is coming from a guy who thinks MK was their best time frame and enjoys events so take all that with however much salt you need to.

>those comics were okay but they were really samey

As someone who's also using MU to catch up, I can confidently tell you to disregard everything I said because you're retarded as fuck.

2/10 for getting me to make an actual response earlier.

Thank you, at least someone is willing to actually explain to me why they dislike current Marvel.

???
That's just my opinion. The writing and art seemed really similar between titles.

This. This is bait.

Because it's all either toothless shlock, propaganda and shilling, or a total bastardization of whatever or whomever the book's about.

Plus they aren't even hiding their agenda anymore. Their agenda IS Marvel comics. Progressive trash at it's worst. They don't wanna tell a interesting story, they want to preach. At least until they get a job writing somewhere else.

No, it's not. I'm being dead serious. Why is no one willing to tell me why they dislike current Marvel?

>writing and art seemed really similar
Let's play a game called name artists with distinct styles off the top of your head because you actually pay attention to who does what.

Protip: you already lost.

How involved is Disney with this end of of Marvel now? I want a conspiracy to blame.

Their books feels so juvenile apart from a select few.

If you're going to be unnecessarily rude there's no point in having a conversation with you.

FWIW I absolutely think there's some good stuff coming out from Marvel right now. Gwenpool, X-Men Blue and Gold, and Astonishing X-Men; Ultimates^2 (just ended) and U.S.Avengers (both of which mark Al Ewing's continuing personal journey through the Marvel U, an amazing read only 9,000 people are apparently reading). Notice how a lot of this isn't what Marvel's choosing to put center stage right now?

It's the alleged A-Tracks that are the weak spot. Secret Empire, which is supposed to be the big blockbuster crossover we should all be hype about, sucks. It has bad art and a story contrived for movie synergy. It makes everything it touches retarded (U.S.Avengers only got around its obligatory tie-in by already being hilariously retarded), and then you have--squatting like a giant black spider--BENDIS, and his titles, 15 Year Old Black Girl That's My OC Donut Steel Ownz The Marvel Universe + The Big TV Defenders, and people are absolutely right to complain about all this stuff and it's what Marvel chooses to put on posters and push to all hell (cuz it's like TV! on your TV, guys!) and it's no wonder people bitch. There's good stuff being put out by Marvel right now but it's not what's being touted as the main event.

Is Monsters Unleashed worth reading?

They may have the worst roaster of creative talent now that the company has ever had.

This.
I kinda have the traditional X-fan Stockholm syndrome, so I pop in on X-Men stuff here and there, but I've been unable to read any Marvel stuff since Secret Wars due to the caliber of writers they have now. Some artists are okay, and some are webcomic level, so that's a wash for me. The agendas get old. At least in the past, they tried to craft some kind of actual story around a viewpoint instead of waves of strawmen and character assassinations. Cyclops getting called "literally Hitler" every 40 seconds across all the X-books was some hot garbage. Mockingbird used to be a great character until one simple retcon turned her one point of tragic history into something absolutely vile for a person to do in the real world. Daredevil becoming an atheist, which makes no sense if you actually have any form of faith in a higher power or are religious in an actual meaningful degree (as opposed to a zealot or somesuch). The lack of editorial oversight is another huge issue. None of the editors seem to know anything about continuity or history. And, if Bendis becomes EIC anytime soon, that'll only get worse. That man forgets his own continuity most of the time.
I'll just stop here, though. OP will probably refute this, even though this is an opinion based question.

>Marvel is looking for talent in the most unexpected of places
Yeah like in people without talent

When all the current Sup Forums users were newbie moviefags back in 2012 getting excited for Marvel NOW, all the old fans were trying to tell them that it was just relaunches and gimmicks, that they were ignoring continuity and pandering to new fans.

Now all the people who were moviefag newbies back then now consider themselves "old fans", and are telling all the people who like current Marvel that it's all just relaunches and gimmicks, that they're ignoring continuity and pandering to new fans.

So if you like current Marvel, that's good for you, but enjoy being an obnoxious and jaded shitposter 5 years from now whining about future Marvel and telling new fans to stop liking what's being put out then.

The art in most of the books is shit tier for the most part, save for maybe Gwenpool. The art in Secret Empire is passable at best. I won't even mention unbeatable Squirrel Girl.

The writing most of the time is passable stories, but 90% of Marvel is preachy bullshit recently and people aren't buying. Marvel actually blamed consumers for not buying into the "diversity" bullshit. Comic sales for the vast of the majority of Marvel's books have been in cancellation territory for a while. Read a DC book compared to a Marvel book right now and the difference is night and day. I'm friends with a Marvel fanboy and even he says Marvel's books are shit right now. Seriously, when a writer's cover is LITERALLY "Ask me about my feminist agenda" you know they are more interested in agenda pushing than writing about an interesting story and characters.

Captain America and Guardians are the only good books you just posted

Spontaneous Mutant Dance Party.
Human Trafficking story in a #1 issue of Champions given out through the Scholastic Book Services to schools.
Artist turning X-men into a hate speech product via Quran verse placement w/ no oversight.

And lastly, shoehorned diversity replacements of established characters rather than just promoting already existing diverse characters within the Marvel story history and present time.

I'm not putting in more of an effort than this. I think I covered enough.

Everyone look at him and laughs.

>Spontaneous Mutant Dance Party.

Why do these scenes feel so out-of-place in the story?

Spider-Man/Deadpool, Gwenpool, Silver Surfer, Iron Fist, Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme, Uncanny Avengers, Old Man Logan and all of Duggan and Spencer's stuff are good/great

- The worst ratio of good - average - bad books in years. Especially with Ultimates getting canceled.
- Editors not doing their job leading to terrible lack of consistency (see how Banner was healed in CW2 for the worst offender), tons of basic errors slipping in, not to mention stupid plotlines that should be blocked.
- Constant mass relaunches resulting in mass cancellations thus not allowing books to develop long-term plots.
- People representing company shitposting on tumblr and twitter and treating fans like shit.
- Terrible market schemes similar to those that lead to the comic book market collapse in the 90s.

Company wars faggotry it's popular to hate on Marvel now. They have better artists and writers than DC at the moment.

>- People representing company shitposting on tumblr and twitter and treating fans like shit.
Writers/artists/editors or whatever that work for marvel tweet next to nothing about comics. It's really fucking sad.

I liked it. Kei Kawade has a pretty cool introduction. It features Elsa Bloodstone if you're into that. But my favorite part is that each of Kei's monsters has a distinguishable personality/quirk.

>O5
>Ever being anything but passable at best

Marvel we all know why your stuff is shit.

Quit buying paid shills from M00T

What a loss, RIP Ronin.

I'm hardly a typical Sup Forums poster in that feminism doesn't bother me and I don't believe in white genocide but even I think Marvel's hit a bit of a nadir lately

The exodus of talent that ended with Hickman has really hurt the company. Add to that the marginalization of the X-Men (and to a lesser extent F4), the fact that for everyone one good legacy characters there's 5 shitty ones who get dubious push (what happened to introducing characters, building them up as supporting cast, and then launching them solo once they're popular?), their addiction to attention grabbing headlines, their shifty business practices, the way they try to capitalize on the popularity of the movies but do a bad job...

I still read some books (mostly by Duggan and Ewing) but the company desperately needs new blood on all levels. Get rid of Brevoort and Alonso. And Slott. And Bendis. And Waid. And Aaron. And well, mostly everyone.

Not enough tits and ass.
Not enough muscle on men.

Liefild pls

USAvengers and Gwenpool are pretty good

> Marvel actually blamed consumers for not buying into the "diversity" bullshit. Comic sales for the vast of the majority of Marvel's books have been in cancellation territory for a while.

This is why I believe that things will get better in the future. You can't go against the audience on purpose forever in free market, you either change or leave and pass over. Feminists have that "fuck you all, I will do as I please anyway" attitude that doesn't work well in corporate circles. The new Ghostbusters illustrate this well: everyone disliked that project from the beginning, they blamed the public for misogyny, they released the trailer and everyone hated the humor in it, they refused to reedit the movie and blamed the public again and released the film, film flopped, Sony decided against making a sequel and expanding it into a cinematic universe as they planned.
Now Marvel is pushing the agenda and writing generally weak stories, majority of audience don't like it, Marvel employees answer by blaming the audience and continue in the same manner, sells drop. It's only a matter of time before Disney will come to their offices and sort that shit out to make the machine work.

DC shills everywhere.

You know what? I hope you are a Marvel intern so that you can relay all this stuff back to your bosses.

Marvel, please, I'm begging you. It's not too late.

>the cancer that comes with current Marvel is now able to shut down stores

Clearly the Many Angled Ones succeed.

That or we're in the DC Earth-33

Either way things are a bit fucked.

Because of how uninteresting it is and complicated
When was the last time avengers sold in the top 20
And if you took out all the number one and events and and stars wars from the sales list marvel would be in 60s for the top sellers

Movie synergy, TV show synergy.

And comics have always had a unique identity that separates them from others. Daredevil during Bendis/Maleev era looked nothing like Spider-man during JMS/Jrjr era.

But you know what the fuck ruins this "unique identity"? Having a giant ass crossover event where all heroes hate each other for some reason every 12 fucking issues. At least before Civil War heroes were uniting to fight the bad guys and not nearly as frequently.

This. I wholeheartedly agree with you OP. It saddens me how the racists and misogynists in this board have completely hijacked the conversation on Marvel.

Current Marvel is probably at its best, with new and diverse characters bringing a breath of fresh air to a once stale patriarchal universe. It's also been great seeing Marvel finding new talent on unexpected places, and I, for one, applaud their commitment to letting their creatives express themselves freely on social media, without fear of corporate censor DC. Plus, as a collector, I couldn't be happier about the constant stream of goodies. In the past few years I've managed to amass a huge collection of #1s, something previously difficult to accomplish.

I haven't even talked about the events. I love them. Instead of dumb generic "fight the baddies" plots DC, we've gotten deep stories rooted in the real world, exploring complex issues (with poignant political and social commentary, mind you) that resonate with MY generation.

This. I got burnt out on Marvel due to event spam and nearly every character I liked turning to shit under said events under terrible writing and rage baiting. The poltical bullshit is just a symptom of the need for Marvel to completely restructure it's staff and hire better writers or at least pair them on projects more to their strength. Disney is probably going to clean house eventually though soon, too much contreversy.

>Bad
>Good
>Okay
>Good
>Canceled
>Great

>Been reading for 5 years

Coincidentally shorter than Marvel has been on a steady decline for.

They're all shit not worth a dime, this next month I'm going for another year of boycotting anything Marvel.
Or they drop that retarded fake liberal agenda or Disney will problably shut them down when the superheroes movie hype finally ends.
Bad art, retarded plots and even more retarded retcons will kill'em.
It's really sad when some people in the industry get too desperate for pussy and then they will do whatever their dyke mistress want just because there won't be a girl to shove a dildo on people like Bendis or Whedon.

I mean you just have to look at what they did to Spencer's HydraCap story. It was very suspenseful and an interesting exploration of an idea, but that wasn't good enough for them. They had to turn it into a huge boring action event instead.

There is just no vision at the top. They don't know how to make good ideas grow. They don't even know which ideas are good. They interfere when they shouldn't and don't interfere when they should. It's complete insanity.

Wow, this place really is Sup Forumsmblr.

Sup Forums has been really bad these few months that I can't tell if people are just larping, actual shills or are actually from tumblr.

That's a shitpost, user. You can tell because even collectors hate the flood of #1s since it ultimately devalues them.

>ValleLator
Now there's a name I haven't heard in years.

99% shills and tumblr. Sup Forums is infested with them. This is easily the worst board on Sup Forums. Stick to Sup Forums, Sup Forums and Sup Forums if you want unbiased opinions and the ability to make a post without getting called a bigot by the local SJW cucks and Marlel interns.

Just posted this in another thread, but...

>Thor is a woman
Not an issue when her story is good.

The issue is when it's shit, or if the character isn't white. At least those are my issues with a lot of current Marvel.

I really hope that the news of the retailers dropping all the upcoming lenticular variants of Marvel Legacy titles actually hits Marvel where it needs to hit.

I'm sure it won't. Marvel is just too full of themselves at this point.

Isn't Marvel going back to original numbering tho? It astounds me that most marvel books that hit the top 10 are usually events or #1s.

"Original" numbering means nothing when they are implementing it like they are and counting issues that shouldn't be counted.

How retarded are you guys that you can't tell this is bait?

I am also an X-Men fag and I think the main problem for the X-Men is the editors.

After Morrison and M-Day (which I dont hate, I thought XMen titles were great for years until Avengers vs X-Men) Cyclops and Emma kinda became the leaders.
Now Wolverine is dead, Cyclops had a pathetic death, was considered a villain by everybody, got compared with Hitler, and Emma threw into the trashcan over 20 years of character development, and became even worse than what she was as a villain, killing Inhumans with Sentinels and becoming a crazy widow who wants to turn a teen into her exhusband.
I dont see how Marvel can think people like that. I wouldnt be against killing Cyclops and Emma (and keeping Xavier, Jean and Wolverine dead too), so a new Generation can lead the X-Men, but at least give them good heroic deaths.

The other problem is the O5, the original 5 from the past are an obstacle for every young new mutant who could become an XMan. I am sure most fans who buy comics would rather have Armor or Hellion in a team and not the O5 here. Iceman and Young Angel are completely pointless, Teen Cyclops and Teen Jean at least replace dead people, and Teen Beast can become a different Beast, like normal Beast vs Dark Beast.

Also, it seems the editors no longer care about continuity, many students who had graduated are students again, like Quentin, and Anole doesn't have anymore the body he got while being stuck one year in the future in LemireĀ“s run.

I think Astonishing may be the first great book we get since Spurrier's X-Men Legacy, although it is early, only 2 issues so far.

It's obviously bait the moment he said about #1s but the fact remains that there are too much larpers and actual sjws in Sup Forums making this such a shit board.

Even if it was bait, a significant number of the shills on Sup Forums ACTUALLY believe all of that.

Let me tell you in a little more detail why I've been fed up with Marvel for the past 5+ years.

The quality of the comic books aren't good. They've put the quality of the single issue comic book at the back of the priority list when it should really come first. So the two big issues with Marvel are the creative team and the higher-ups. The higher-ups are pushing movie synergy at every chance they see, as well as pushing every ongoing to be a lot more diverse. Now a comic being more diverse isn't actually an issue. Thor is a woman atm and her comic is still great. There were black vikings in the most recent issue, and even though it made me wince, it still didn't stop the issue from being pretty good. The movie synergy can also work, like... I can't think of a reason. Maybe the Gamora comic? I don't think the synergy was why it was great though. Anyway, the point is that these examples are exceptions. These are when these dumb ideas that Marvel keep pushing actually work and they've only worked once or twice.

Secondly, the creative teams just aren't any good. They've still got Bendis at the lead writer of pretty much everything they do. He's actively harming everything he touches, like totally ruining the ending of Triumph and Torment. Bringing Dooms mother back? Making his new black Iron Girl take over Latveria by force? It's not interesting. And Marvel don't have enough decent artists, though that applies to DC too. They have 5 good ones across 50+ titles.

Stop making things up. I'm 99% even OP is bait, we bash Marvel all the time here and no one defends them. You just want to perpetuate the stupid Sup Forumsmblr meme that doesn't exist

It was bait the moment he said "misogynists"

>no one defends them
What fucking board are you on? Sup Forumsmblr can't stop bending over backwards to shill this garbage.

They need a shake up of the most radical kind. I'm talking waking them up with an ice cold bucket of water or something. I actually don't even mind event after event. I mind that every ongoing they have has to tie-in to it for some reason instead of a cheeky wee wink or something. They need to shake up the creative teams, like totally fire Bendis or only keep him on one containment title with Maleev or Marquez. Slott has been on the Amazing Spider-Man for 7 years or something and has no desire to leave it anytime soon. Marvel are being kind to the creators, instead of the consumers and it's costing them. The entire Marvel line feels like Harley Quinn, caught in a spiral of constant mediocrity with absolutely no way out.

That doesn't mean reboot though. Reboots suck for everyone involved. Just... knock the annoying shit off. Bring talent. Make great comics.

They need a Johns to refocus things. Too bad they ran off everyone who might have cared to do it, Johns included.

You don't understand why people hate this?

Why haven't they asked you and I? We're up to the challenge.

>Not posting the really long dialogue that praises lesbian relationships.
My (x)ude this is such a brave book about a brave star punching latinx that could do no wrong.

You know what modern Marvel needs to learn?

Tact

Go away Alonso

Stop shilling and start fixing you books, Marvel

A room full of like 5 anons really could do it better, it would be lewd af though

A number of their books are utter garbage (Wasp, America, Champions), but at the same time a number of their books are also pretty enjoyable (AN GotG, Spider-Man and Deadpool, Renew Your Vows). The problem here lies in the posters on Sup Forums, we can get a thread up to 500 replies talking about a Marvel comic we all hate (see America), but storytimes and threads discussing things that we do like are either ignored or used to start some kind of lame company war. All the sjw crap that marvel has hasn't yet managed to significantly damage anything that I've been pulling, hell, even them having Moon Girl appear in Venom wasn't that bad, rather than the typical "here is this character that you love now" trope that we are usually subjected to, we were able to see the character make everything worse just by being around and then fix the problem with your typical science bull shit.

I saw people drop Renew Your Vows because they say MJ manage to defeat Venom in a fight while ignoring that their "fight" was taking place on a mental, not a physical, level, but obviously her winning was part of some kind of feminist agenda. At this point, hating Marvel is just a meme (just like hating DC during New 52 was a meme) and should ultimately be ignored. Do they have a few shit books? Yep, but they're not hurting anything that you're reading, so why is it affecting you on a personal level?

No one's buying comics anymore. They're either outright pirating comics from the interwebs, using a subscription service (which I do with Marvel Unlimited) or just watching the movies and buying number ones in some ridiculous belief that they're collectors items. So Marvel does what it has to do: Piss people off and/or pander to the SJW crowd. I don't think for a second they actually give a shit about progressive politics. It's all designed to get them in the news. Thor's a woman now! Iron Man's not as smart as this little black girl! Captain America's a nazi!
once this marketing technique dries up, they'll try something new. Comics (esp. Marvel) has been shit for a long time.
(Marvel comics reader since the early nineties)