What cancelled comics hurt you the most?

What cancelled comics hurt you the most?

Ant-Man or Superior Foes upsets me. Ant-Man especially, since if he stuck around a bit longer and got his own solo comic like Hulk or Cap did he might've gotten a decades-running solo series.

While not the worst, the first one to come to mind is Charles Soule's She-Hulk. Pulido's art wasn't the best and fits better in a European indie comic, but Soule's writing was great and his experience as a real attorney showed.
There was a clear plan for a big overarching story with a crazy conspiracy, along with whatever the deal with that magic asian lady with the monkey was.
Then it was cancelled, Jen becomes a fucking side character in Kate Leth's fucking webcomic-tier Hellcat series, dies and comes back in CW2, then gets her "gritty dark serious" HULK series where everything is just as stupid and non-eventful and Hellcat but with slightly more tolerable art.
and all the setup for Soule's arcs will never get resolved most likely.

Foes got it's ending. Heck, it lasted longer than it was supposed to.

Ant-man was killed early for the Cap run, and the quality suffered for it.

I wish Ewing didn't need to cram endings into the last two issues of each final arc, but they're still good.

I'm gonna go with Mark Russell's Prez.

Superior Foes wasn't cancelled.

Hell, weren't they granted a few extra issues at the end so they could end it how they wanted?

I just read the Vol. 1 trade of Prez and was bummed that there wasn't at least 1 more volume. What a great book.

Agent Venom

New warrior

As much as I hate Slott, I was upset that they cancelled his Thing run. It was great.

Contest Of Champions and A-Force. A-Force is a weird one, but the writing was genuinely decent (which is high standards for recent Marvel comics) and all things considered, Nico Minoru is one of my favourite comic book characters and getting to see her with the big leagues for once was amazing.

Just a shame the new Runaways is probably going to be garbage and synergised to fuck and back

>he might've gotten a decades-running solo series.
that doesn't happen anymore, wake the fuck up.

No, there were granted a few filler issues made by other creative teams in the middle that were absolute garbage.

I loved Remender's Agent Venom, but Bunn's was pretty bad, imo. I wish a better writer had got a hold of him.

New 52 Voodoo series. Mainly I would prefer that series avoided the controversy and Sami Basri continued to get work in the industry.

May as well be fucking cancelled. Not like Ellis will ever stop being a lazy fuck and rewrite the data he lost.
>it's almost ten years of no news whatsoever

A list would be too long.
Maybe the worst is Avengers Academy, considering what followed.
Although the ultimate butthurt is probably for the poor souls who purchased the latest All Winners Squad series: abruptly cancelled before the end of the story-arc.

Easily.

I met Perez at C2E2, he was pissed about it getting cancelled, and they had so much shit planned.

Close follow up for me is the entire fucking fantastic four line being terminated.

It's been seven years but I'm still salty about DnA's Guardians getting cancelled before we got to see what Jack Flag's fate was or a proper ending to Phyla's character arc.
Also, Gillen's SWORD.

Jack Flag's fate is being killed by NaziCaptain. I wonder whether he'll be saved by reality fuckery, same as Black Widow.
Phyla made an appearance in Duggan's GotG.

prez was fucking great
i dont know why it had to be cancelled

now they are forcing lots of shitty comics with gurrrl power, but a good comic where a girl becomes president only gets 6 issues or so

Yeah, I'm enjoying Duggan's run so far, but if I'm honest, I'm just waiting for Infinity Quest to start.
Overall, I'm just salty because, yes, there was a general feel of running out of steam in the late 2010s, but Guardians still had plotlines going and a clear-ish plan to it. And it really bugs me that nowadays, when Guardians is this huge license to print money and fucking Bendis got to write it for twice as long as DnA, the run that jump-started it all died of low sales. Salty.

Klarion from a few years back

That was before Slott lost his mind, which began during Superior Spider-Man. His Spidey before Superior was readable, not perfect but fine on its own.

I take Duggan run over Bendis' anyday, Duggan feels like he's trying to capture DnA's magic but Marvel higher ups won't let him because of scaring away the audience.

What happened to Basri anyway?

>i dont know why it had to be cancelled
Then you're a fucking moron. It got canceled before is sold like shit. Yes, it's that simple.

Never forget.

Scarlet Spider motherfucker, how could nobody mention it?

Agent Venom

Spider-Man 2099 (even with the atrocious art, it still sucks because now we won't see Miguel for some decades)

Avengers Academy

And while Superior Foes wasn't cancelled, I still wish it had kept going.

You know, it's kind of annoying how Ant-Man is the only MCU franchise without a comic.

>Let's hire Ron Marz, who is mostly known for turning a shitty TnA character into an awesome comic, to do the same for us!
>But let's also immediately fire him.
Early New 52 was such a clusterfuck.

Nova

He disappeared.

Remember that one time Alan Moore collaborated with Al Rio?

>got busy
>stopped reading
>went to catch up
>book cancelled
>no more Ant-Man Security Solutions

Fuck this gay earth.

I'm sure they'll give him another one when the next film comes, maybe even a team-up book with.

I miss it every time we get a storytime.

This version of Thor was too good for the world.

Loveness/Perez Nova.
Astonishing Antvengers?

I'd kill to see how Screamland would have developed in the current enterteintment climate. Would Dracula end up coming out and be used for brownie points because being lgbt is trendy? Would the studio get them together for a nostalgia movie? Would they get a streaming service show? Would some monster be harassed about their religious believes (that secretly turn out worse than everyone thought)?

>Superior Foes ends
>Feel empty inside that I don't get to read more of it while Trash like Superior and post-Superior Spider-Man keeps going
>Some years down the line, muthafuckin' Great Lakes Avengers get announced
>OH SHIT NIGGA
>Best boys Doorman and Mr. I barely appear, it's all about Bertha's fat issues and and a literally transgender fursona with little to no harsh satire
>Gets cancelled before we can move on to something else
>NOT. A. SINGLE. GRASSHOPPER. DEATH.

JUST

He is in GotG starting with issue 12.

Ron Marz is crap and you seriously don't know shit about Voodoo.

I would like to think that Captain Britain wiped the floor with Thor

>Hey look Robbie is back! As a side character in his own story to X23 and Cholk

I really loved this book. I even have Hellcat a read so I could get a look into the story again, that was a mistake

Good. Fuck Gringo Rider.

I didn't care very much about, well, most of them. But I'm salty as hell Yost never got to pull the Big Plot he was so evidently planning with Kaine, Aracely and Speedball.

It's actually coming user.

Why would you say that, bro?

I still can not understand why this guy absolutely positively had to be a friggin' Ghost Rider.

Where is this from?

Latest issue of Scarlet Spider. It's overall shit but Kaine makes it worth it.

It's from a sloppily-edited fan comic.

Nova and Ghost Rider. Ghost Rider was particularly bullshit since while it was selling low, it wasn't selling THAT low. It was high enough that they could have gotten another 4-5 issues out of it for a second trade at least. Nova I'm pissed about because it's everything Novafans have been asking for for years and yet it sold worse than even the volumes that people hated.

>PAD
Fucking why

>Novafans have been asking for for years and yet it sold worse than even the volumes that people hated.
It was made very clear years before that a lot of Rich's fans wanted to nothing with Sam, and Sam has a very small and dwindling amount of people who actually like him.
You can't be surprised at what happened.

Fucking why what?

But that's the thing, the comic about Rich's grand return to comics sold worse than even the BAD Sam run.

Pic related, Nova, New Warriors/Kaine Scarlet Spider, and now it looks like RYV

Fuck comic books mang

What was so good about it, other than Rich returning? I might pick it up.

As others have said, Prez was cancelled way too soon. Mark Russell is probably one of the best political comic book writers in the biz right now, and after The Flintstones I'll gladly buy anything with his name on it

To be fair, the first several issues were more about Sam, and that's enough to tank it.

I feel like that already by 3001 the writer had no idea where he wanted the story to go and was just throwing ideas at a wall seeing what stuck. IMO it would have been better if it died a little earlier than it did, at least that way it would have stayed beautiful.

>first several
If by first several you mean the first 1 issue, then sure. The rest had a good balance between the two or focused on Rich. And again, a great book about Sam + Rich sold worse than a bad book about Sam-only.

It's not good but characterfags gonna characterfag.

Except that's wrong. I saw tons of people who didn't even read Nova who loved it, both on Sup Forums and elsewhere

Definitely Nova.

Some other ones I was still pretty upset about:

Superior Foes
Agent Venom
Scarlet Spider

That's a lie and you know it.

The book continously got good reviews everywhere, but as we both know, good books don't sell.

Next thing you're gonna tell me is that Ultimates2 is a bad book.

Same. Glad I grabbed a commission from him.

Not him, but Ultimates 2 is one of the worst written and ugliest comics out there, and the plots are stupidly childish. "The Ultimate Ultimates". How they fuck can you read that shit?

Ultimates2 is a bad book and current reviewers aren't worth shit. Fact is, not "a lot" of people were praising it because it wasn't being read by a lot if people to begin with.

This And last Nova.