Let's talk about Muppet Babies

Specifically, why there is no DVD or Bluray boxset of this historic cartoon series which paved the way for crap like A Pup Named Scooby Doo and Tom and Jerry Kids, but was itself actually quite funny. I KNOW there are plenty of adult Muppet fans who grew up on this show and would gladly depart with $40-50 of their hard-earned money for a complete series box set.

SO WHY THE FUCK HASN'T IT HAPPENED YET

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7FzLeNIGyiw
stevewhitmire-muppetpundit.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't get your panties in a twist, user. There's probably going to be a release next year to promote the new Muppet Babies show on Disney Junior.

Please tell me that's not really a thing.

I wouldn't mind buying the collection myself. I genially remember all of them being fairly decent to good. I even remember the later episodes like with "Its only Pretendo" when they started airing on Nickelodeon.

>going for a real puppet look without using actual puppets
Kill me now

They don't look bad per-say, but it seems like it will lack something. It could be worst, and they would be flat textured 3DCG.

At the very least it should be licensed for streaming. I remember copyright was a big issue in the past because of the show's use of film clips but now that Disney owns both The Muppets and Lucasfilm I wouldn't think that would be an issue. I'm sure they'll release in way way or another to promote when it comes out.

Remember when Disney fired the Kermit actor a month ago? Good times

I had a intense fear of the dark as a kid, and that episode always hit it home for me. That is from the first season I'm sure of it. There is a torrent of the series floating around online somewhere. Wish I kept it, but disk space is premium for me right now.

[MEEPS EXTERNALLY]

Some of the clips they used were old films that had fallen into the public domain, so you're right, I'm sure it won't be much of an issue.

WHY DID YOU REMIND ME

Now I'm fighting the urge to make another protest thread about it. Fuck Disney. Fuck them, fuck them, fuck them, and ESPECIALLY fuck the ungrateful Henson children.

I literally have not heard anything about this on my normalfag feed on my FB account. How could I have missed this? Disney are cunts.

>Disney are cunts.
Oh-h-h-h-h, you have no idea. I wish I could link you to some of the threads we had on this topic, but they are long since gone from the archive.

I hate knowing I'm living long enough to see most of my childhood die in front of me. It was a hard blow with Cosby getting accused of date rape for years. Even the new Ghostbusters movie tainted it. Why couldn't I have been a stable adult like my folks, and not give a fuck?

Oh man, I wish words could express how much that speaks to me. I've been feeling the same way lately, especially about Cosby. I have fond memories of The Cosby Show, and even Picture Pages from when I was little. It just seems like our parents' generation was able to leave their childhoods behind, so why can't we? ;_;

I think the problem is we have the luxury preserving our childhoods even better today. My parents only saved pictures, and a hand full of things from their young years. When you can record, and download everything you grew up on. I guess it becomes harder to say goodbye. Yet, that doesn't stop others from living a normal life.

Back to the subject, fuck Disney.

I just want to know one thing: Why the fuck can't I find a download of "Invasion of the Muppet Snackers" that doesn't edit the barbarian sequence? That was one of the best jokes in the series.

>baby Kermit in a polo shirt
Someone call antifa, there's nazis on the loose.

*Vietnam flashbacks*

You can at least watch a crappy version of it on youtube. youtube.com/watch?v=7FzLeNIGyiw

Gist of what happened
>Steve Whitmire for years sent emails to writers who didn't get Muppets and their humor (he said so himself but he didn't intend it to be hate spewing)
>Disney basically throws him out without giving him a chance to say anything, replacing him with another guy, Matt Vogel
>gets the henson kids to back them up even if they didn't have anything to do with the Muppets brand for over 20 years
>these days Steve is on his blog, slinging well-deserved shit at Disney

That's what I'm talking about. They edit out the best joke.

>"WE RIDE WITH THE DESERT WIND!"
>they jump on their horses
>they're so huge the horses collapse under their weight
>"...Now what?"
>"We...WALK with the desert wind!"

I hope they get shit after the release of the Han Solo movie. All the horror stories I'm hearing about it sounds to good to be true. I told my "Starwars friends" we got traded for another kind of monster after being sold off from an old one. The prequels were shit, but at least it was original shit.

Post-2000 Muppet Show/Sesame Street muppets reunion when?

Oh yeah, and they were supposed to debut the new Kermit voice in a YouTube video just a couple of weeks after Steve was fired in late July. But they still haven't, presumably out of fear of the backlash they'll receive.

The blog: stevewhitmire-muppetpundit.com/

Holy shit, I do not remember that bit at all. Now I have to find it to. I thought you meant the entire barbarian skit where it felt like an advance growth fetish was removed.

I has a shovel!

Yeah, you can tell it's edited where it jumps from the stock footage to Skeeter as a big-wheel Mad Max.

>it felt like an advance growth fetish was removed
Not gonna lie, it may have been one of the scenes that influenced mine as a kid. I feel deep shame over it because this show was so pure.

You're missing the most important parts:
>Steve started sending those e-mails when that new Muppet show on ABC started and continued to late 2016.
>Early 2017, Disney was so tired of Steve's shit they fired him without notice.
>Fans started to notice that whenever a new Muppet video/TV appearance came out, Steve's characters didn't speak or were completely missing.
>Some people on fan forums and reddit who were in the puppeteering business kept dropping hints that some shit went down between the Mouse and Steve, but no one said anything out of fear of spreading a false rumor.
>It wasn't until a fan contacted the Mouse House that it was officially confirmed that Steve was dropped.
Don't even get me started on what the Henson kids did, I still get mad thinking about it.

Muppet Babies was pure, and should always be pure. It should also teach kids they need to have an imagination. Its creates original ideas.

That's the only bit from that episode I remembered.

The whole scene seemed silly to me, and works. The joke you mentioned about them jumping on the horses but they collapses. Sounds like a great punchline.

I dont know what I wish more to happen, something like this epic finale to The Muppet Movie (1979) to happen today or a DVD of Muppet Babies

Fuck Disney.