DuckTales reboot

>DuckTales reboot
>Mickey Mouse is off-limits

Why did Disney decide on this? It's not like he's in any current shows is he?

why would it matter? Mickey wasn't the original show and I get the impression he wasn't ever an important character, if he even appeared in any of the comics so why do you care if the Mouse is off-limits or not

Jeez, even the hit-and-miss nuMickey cartoons drew Scrooge better than DuckBoot.

DISNEY CINEMATIC UNIVERSE!

The better question is why didn't they use the style from these shorts for the reboot.

>I get the impression he wasn't ever an important character,
You would be wrong then.

>character that has a series with plot
>character that is known for episodic series
I wonder why. Even house of mouse had shorts of other shows on his own series

I was expecting this when they announced the reboot. Not saying I don't like the new art style, but this one seems better in some ways.

I think in the Barks/Rosa comics they don't exist in the same universe either.

>known for episodic series
So is Donald, but he's there now too.

Possible, but Disney doesn't seem to mind that.

>Since 1990, the actual city in which Mickey lives is typically called Mouseton, and is often depicted as the city next to Duckburg, the city in which Donald Duck lives (see Donald Duck universe). According to traditional continuity, both cities are located in the fictional U.S. state of Calisota – analogous to Northern California.

>blue jacket
?

roadster racers?

>that time Mickey was stuck in a box for the entire episode
I forgot what show it was, but that was weird.

>why would it matter?

Because it's fun to see characters cross over into shows

Go watch the Avengers then, you fucking tasteless pleb. I am so tired of all this "cinematic universe" bull shit. Just make something that can stand up on its own without having to rely on that shit exclusively.

They're trying to evoke the idea of the comics and traditionally Duckburg and Mouston are two different universes.

>So is Donald, but he's there now too.
Donald is known for episodic and continuity series since he was in duck comics

>They're trying to evoke the idea of the comics and traditionally Duckburg and Mouston are two different universes.
He says while Spoonerville and Cape Suzette are casually namedropped in episode 1 and DWDuck's confirmation indicates that there may be a Disney Afternoon TV universe in the works

Which is different. Mickey never had any interactions with the Afternoon Lineup.

Just saying, to some purists the character of Mickey Mouse just doesn't and shouldn't exist in the Donald Duck Extended Universe.

Depends. In the euro-comics, Duckburg and Mouseton have always been set in the same universe.
The most likely explanation for why there ought to be no crossover between Donald and Mickey is that the cast is already quite large, and that Ducktales focuses on the duck characters, not the Disney universe in whole.
And that they're not trying to confuse viewers too much or force expectations upon the writers to please the fanbase
>why episode no has Goofy or Mickey?
>no gonna watch episode if no Goofy and slash Mickey
>reeeeeee

Probably because Mickey is too big and would overshadow the other characters, that's why Donald appeared once in a while in the original DuckTales. Also if this is actually based on comics like the original it's fair as Mickey and Goofy rarely ever showed up in the stories that involve the ducks, there were exceptions like Clarabella the Cow and Horace Horsecollar.

Bonkers

Like this user says, Mickey has been part of the extended Duckverse for ages(him and Donald even go on two-man adventures from time to time).

It's really just the Barks purists(who may or may not accept Rosa's stuff).

>It's not like he's in any current shows is he?
>Says that while posting a screenshot from a currently running Mickey Mouse series

DuckTales is about the ducks so let's just keep it that way. I actually wouldn't want to see them add Mickey because that would be a sign that they're desperate for ratings. Is Mickey really that big of a deal anyway when we're seeing all these obscure Duck characters being brought to animation for the first time and the return of DARKWING FUCKING DUCK!?

I think the best we could get is them referencing Mouston (The name of the town Mickey lives in in his comics) like they've referenced the other Disney Afternoon show settings.

It depends on the particular story. There have been times where Mickey and Donald meet in the comics but it's not common. I believe Don Rosa considers Mickey as a famous movie star in his duck universe while other writers just had them as old friends living in two different cities.

Well, Ducktales is a Barksian story so.

No. Ducktales is Ducktales. Not Barktales, no Rosatales, just Ducktales.

It's taken more stuff from Barks rather than Rosa, for the better or worse.

can i just say that i allways wanted a crossover between ducktales and A Goofy Movie. I want Donald and Goofy talking about their lifes on a family picnic.
I love the world of a Goofy movie where disney characters are just...living life. They are still wacky but they are living on a world where they need jobs and kids have to go to a normal school.

Is this the thread I can complain that;

THE VOICES ARE SO FUCKING AWFUL HOLY SHIT WHY?

Mickey already has two shows. It's understandable why Ducktales would bar him out. Let the ducks have the spotlight.

Donald & friends and Mickey & friends usually don't operate together and when they do, it's some big event advertised with "DONALD AND MICKEY FINALLY TOGETHER".

how do you feel about DW coming in then?

Woo-oo!

Donald Duck is becoming more popular than Mickey.

"Becoming"?

When was he ever not?