Home Movies is Dead

Brendon Small is doing an AMA on Reddit, someone asked him about a Home Movies reboot.

>Loren and I get approached to do a reboot occasionally- we both feel like we like where the show ended- and coming back to it wouldn't be the same. We'd like to honor the show by leaving it where we left it- it ended exactly the way we wished to end it!

reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/6w7oii/im_brendon_small_creator_of_dethklok_and_my_new/dm5zh31/

Rest in peace.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Rz90i0dgJcI?t=106
imdb.com/title/tt0197159/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Not reboot whoring
I feel like watching Home Movies out of respect now.

I'd rather have a final season of Metalocalypse but AS has made it apparent that's not happening either

I would personally love a half hour McGuirk special

Good, let it Rest In Peace stop trying to bring back dead shows

Good, it had a perfectly satisfactory ending and anything more would just take away from it. Why in God's name would you want it to come back in the first place?

>perfectly satisfactory ending
youtu.be/Rz90i0dgJcI?t=106

FYI Brendans new album, "Galakitkon II" just came out. Its pretty amazing because its all the same people together again that did the Dethklok songs.

"Galaktikon I" is also a comic now, with Eric Powell from The Goon helping out.

That clip lacks the context of the whole episode (which is important), but still:
Brendan and the gang realise that their movies are shit and are just an outlet that they stick with because they've been doing it for so long
Brendan's camera is asccidentally destroyed, but he gets over it pretty quickly because he knows there's more going on in his life than the movies, and the show ends on a light note with a fun, non-traditional family unit going out for a meal
Sunset theme is God-tier
Seems fine to me.

Neat, I've been seeing that around the catalog lately.

I'd love a Home Movies/Bob's Burger crossover where three filmmakers from the local community college are making a short student film set inside of Bob's Burgers, and for some reason they can't help but refer to Bob as "Coach".

>Sunset theme is God-tier

True. Even though AS were the ones that pulled the plug on the show during the production of Season 4, they were able to make a great series finale.

Is the comic good? Is there a trade out for it?

I want this

Not only that, but at least one previous episode showed that Brendan was starting to get sick of the film-making life.

I mean if they've done Bob's Burgers and Archer crossovers and even Archer and Sealab crossovers, why not Home Movies.

Good. I fucking hate all these shitty reboots and revivals. I'm happy Brendon's on the same page. It would just be a mistake.

i dont want a reboot, the original run was perfect

I liked the little subliminal message that once Andrew had his baby, he focused on that family and forgot about Brendan whether it was intentional or not

Who the hell wanted a Home Movies reboot?

The whole season 4 was about Brendon being tired of making movies. Wizard's baker, everyone's entitled to my opinion, Curses. Most of the. Episode plots were him putting off movies to do other activities

is the AMA still going?
someone should ask him what he thinks about his mom's VA being a pedophile

Thank god. Let it end while not leaving a vile taste in my mouth like other shitty reboots.

Really? What's the story?

At least it got an ending.
Unlike a certain video game, that will never ever get theirs.

>someone should ask him what he thinks about his mom's VA being a pedophile

I assume he's got some opinions considering she got replaced.

What happened to the HD remasters they were doing for Seasons 2 - 4 with the original flash files?

she molested some young girls but no one cares because she's not a man
i think she still appears on some radio show or something currently

When?

like season 2.

imdb.com/title/tt0197159/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

paula poundstone was only paula for 5 eps according to imdb

yup

Someone should have asked if there would ever a crossover in the AMA.

>not listening to NPR
>Peter, who the hell is doing these studies?

And his dad's VA apparently likes to jack off in front of people.

>Sunset theme is god tier
But the final song is "Brendon's Camera", not that Sunset theme isn't god tier I mean.

Jason's theme is underrated though.

Good, not everything needs to be remade, rebooted or revived.

>Is the comic good? Is there a trade out for it?

Yes the comics pretty good. Very much in the vein of Metalocolypse. The first Galaktikon album is about this Flash Gordon style space hero named Triton, and how hes going through a huge brutal divorce thats making the galactic news.

The comic follows the story laid out in the album songs, but in much more detail. Its pretty funny, and hes got a little robot sidekick that speaks in guitar tabs.

We got galaktikon II, which is actually a hidden follow up to the doomstar requiem. Small actually said: "let your imagination run wild, the vinyl listening order is about what you want it to be"

I wanna ask Brendon something but Reddit wants you to make an account so fuck that