Why do Millennials carry so much Debt?

Why do Millennials carry so much Debt?

College is expensive and my family is poor yo. Bernie will save us

Liberal Arts Degree, I guess.

oh shit guranteed replies

I don't agree with your Bernie shit, but college is retardedly expensive.

I was charged 5k (((($5000))) for one semester at university.

My family is dirt poor so I couldn't even take out loans to continue my education.

Really depressed right now senpai.

lol who signed the loan docs?
faggots.

When they started school they were told if they had an education they would gain a lot of money and be successful in life. When they finished school they were told it was not true.

College, poor money management.

That's about it. As wealth increases nationally so do children's and eventually young-adults inability to value currency.

Not attending college/university is considered sub-optimal nowadays, fuck knows why. It's a sad fact of life, a belief system no doubt perpetrated and pushed by the goy.

A degree in engineering or an applicable science is an alright investment but even that doesn't guarantee anything anymore. We have too many graduates.

>no picture of Steve-O

Try again OP

Because baby boomer/gen X parents tell their kids that they have to go to university or they will be homeless and die, which is totally fucking retarded.

So what happens, is you have a fuck tonne of yutes going to university and then going these easy courses (liberal arts) thinking that it's a gateway to being some millionaire, but instead are doing nothing but putting themselves in debt as these so called '''degrees''' wouldn't even get a job in McDonalds if you weren't experienced flipping burgers.

That, and the dumb fucks who get indoctrinated within the Marxist Church department, and then become useless nu-males and feminists.

Only send your kids into University if they're going to become Lawyers, Doctors, Engineers and Scientists etc.

And as for your daughters. Keep her away from the education meme, and look after her until she find a husband.

Why because they were idiots. No math, no science. Partied hard. Knocked up. Etc. That useless degree in bullshit at 50k really pays off quickly in 15 years with a minimum wage job at the local stop n shop. Some of these parents really should have said forget it abd just get a job live at home they would have made out better in the long run

>be eighteen
>be sheltered with shitty helicopter parents
>life experiences include about a year of driving/part time work and twelve years of handholding/indoctrination
>be told the only thing to do after high school is go to college
>be unaware of other alternatives
>basically unaware of enormity of college debt, as acquiring this debt is an entirely different experience to getting a small loan from a bank
you can't really expect an eighteen year old in the >current year to basically determine their entire life in one moment
even worse is when kids have to choose between high schools that set them on different life paths
you literally have to determine your entire future at age twelve or thirteen

Pell grant nigga

They all chose to get degrees on credit this caused a glut in the number of people with degrees and flooded the market lowering drastically their chances of good employment and their education. Now they are unwilling to work lower class jobs because "muh education". Basically they are lazy and wont work manual labor. Hence why I was making a killing at 34 doing roofing while the young kids around my area went hungry and complained of not having work.

They don't care about money, they just want to be smart, so they spend tons of money in order to drop out because they are dumb.

>no full time jobs
>houses cost $1 million dollars near any city
>food prices continue to rise

How fucked are future generations?

>meme response from an idiot

Go look up how many people are actually getting those degrees. It's a red herring and disingenuous to suggest that the selection of majors is the problem, nothing more than empty rhetoric from people too lazy to investigate the issue.

>graduating college at the end of the semeser
>Had surgery at the beginning of the year ($100,000 in billed hospital stuff)
>don't owe anyone a dime
>thank you insurance and savings that I earned single handedly

We accidentally gave 80 million people impossible debt and took away their morals at the same time... oops.

They grow up feeling entitled to everything and just pay for it on credit.

Maybe they expect to be handed their dream job and earn lots of money one day.

The cuck gene was put in them via vaccines. They are just our slaves.

>BROKE AND FELL FOR THE COLLEGE MEME
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Because in college when you learn how to bend metal and do high end math you need to spend about 15,000$ paying people with zero value to society to teach you to not hate niggers

This.

Also, if poor people decide to leave their home to go to school they are retarded. Go to a local school and commute, you niggers.

Living in a society where you aren't even given the time of day unless you have a degree is not a good system.

the life crippling debt thing is mostly a american thing only

nothing says ethical business practices by forcing fresh 18 year olds to sign this paper so that they can continue to grow up

Something about the boomers they'd probably say, even though the boomers did literally nothing wrong

The millennials were a failure generation that failed to follow the path so simply laid out for them

>paying for college
ayy lmao

Poor investments, cant pay their bills ect.

Never taught proper money management skills. Constant consumer mannerisms.

Even I know that the Pell Grant gives poor people $5815.
Fuck off.

t. lib arts degree graduate

The biggest red pill is realizing that for every $20,000 loan the banks only put up $2000 of actual money and made the rest up based on that capital. It's called leverage in finance.

Millennial here.
Currently studying for a Master's degree.

No debt at all so far.

Were tricked at a young age to believe that if we go to college we will become rich and successful. Obviously that can't be true for everyone though.

Because cocaine is sooooo moreish.

This so fucking much. Did 2 years at a community college right down the road from my house. Pell grant like a motherfucker plus Texas state grants for my engineering sciences degree and a part time job saving money on the side. Moved to a small apartment next to the uni (which is in the same city) and paid my entire 3rd year off with everything saved from the Pell Grant and my job. 0 student debt. Most debt I have is a lunch I owe my brother. Jesus, it's literally this easy and these fucks don't take advantage of it.

because they are too dumb to fill out paperwork for grants when only going to college for four years. you can get grants for fucking everything. and depending on the state you live in they will help you more than you would believe for financial aid. add to that if you tried to get a worthwhile degree, there was tons of different grants for just being in the stem fields. i paid off my masters by actually looking for the free money anybody can get, and was approached for a career in the Army before i got out. let the idiots stay in debt