Pat Mills > Grant Morrison

Why are cape fans such fucking faggots?

Considering Morrison's body of work, I think it's entirely disingenuous to not only imply, but outright state, that the only people who could possible prefer him over Mills are "superhero fans".

Also, no, awards never count. Though the real mistake is ever giving them apparent weight in the first place.

Morrison's greatest achievements, start of his career and even the work that launched him to the forefront of U.S comics was capeshit.

Because Mills is for metalheads.

99% of current comics readers only started reading comics because of the movies. Morrison is the most popular writer among modern readers because he's the one who crosses over between "mainstream superhero action" and "artsy fartsy shit" the most, so he appeals to the broadest range of people.

For better or worse, this is the current state of comics fandom.

Morrison has never made a non-superhero comic worth reading. He's done some impressive stuff, but he's a one-note who can only write one type of story in one type of genre in one specific superhero universe. We3 is the outlier, but even that was carried 100% by Quitely's art.

>Never made a non-cape comic worth reading
>What is Invisibles
>What is Nameless

Mediocre?

He sounds so damn salty.

Both are shitty hacks who should kill themselves already
>We3
>outlier
>MUH EDGY PETA COMMERCIAL

He also wrote Slaine, Marshal Law and Requiem which are hardly mediocre. Of course those all are titles the yankee capeshit plebs don't know shit about.

Trying too hard.
>le kill yourself maymay XD
>Muh Muh Muh
>EDGY

That zombie is wearing some tight fucking pants.

Marshal Law is kind of mediocre after the first one. But Slaine is fucking excellent and Charley's War better.

I think you replied to the wrong person. Or didn't understand my post in the slightest

>implying I'm wrong
Nothing they ever wrote can appeal to anyone but white trash in some redneck shithole.
>which are hardly mediocre
Yeah, mediocre is too generous of a word.

>implying I'm wrong

Can't handle the truth. Buzzwordposter.

Requiem is an entertaining read.

Can't handle your shit taste, subhuman.

In the same vein The Room is an entertaining film, yeah.

Big talk from a fake """contrarian""" that never read comics.

>t. salty DC cuck.

objectively wrong

>le contrarian meme
Lel, and this faggot harps on people for using buzzwords.
And yes, I've read that trash, unfortunately.

>using "lel"
>using "faggot"
>accusing someone else of calling buzzwords
>nothing to say about a comic other than calling it "trash"

Yep, it's the same """contrarian""" poster that pretends he ever read any comics at all, much less anything discussed in the thread.

The Invisibles is a superhero comic.

Nameless is garbage.

She doesn't have a nose and even worse she's a feminist, yet I want to fuck her.

Like I said, only worth reading for the art.

>hypocritical faggot is this assblasted
Lel.
>m-muh cawtwawian
Pathetic.
>nothing to say about a comic other than calling it "trash"
Maybe because that's all it is. Since you're enjoying it, go back to fucking your cousin.
I'll take that.

>Nameless is Garbage

You are fake news.

Is this really how anti-cape fans argue? No wonder it's dominated by capeshit.

>implying I'm a genrefag
I like what is good regardless of the genre. Morrison's and Mills' shit is anything but good.

Zenith is better than Nemesis The Warlock. If he can't take a few booes then he should of himself.

Miracleman is a better satire of the superhero genre, but then again it was written by an actually good writer.

Agreed. ML's critique of capes was just too in your face.

And Miracleman wasn't?

Nope.

You shouldn't lie on the internet user. People might call you a faggot.

OK, prove me wrong. Post examples of in-your-face critique of capes in MM.

Nemesis was good until Pat became fucking spastic in the contemporary political climate and started to insert Torquemada as less of a character and more of an avatar of religious system that he felt victimised by when he was growing up. This plus the bizarre shit such as:
>We suddenly change realities and Torquemada is evil skinhead leader in Thatcher-era Great Britain who is trying to marginalise people from other realities to become supreme dictator

It did have its moments, like Marshal Law saying how superheroism is just heroism with condom on. Superheroes don't put their lives on the line like common people do so therefore they are less heroic.

The Marvel insane asylum was my favorite though.

The whole religious system made Torquemada more awesome. Thats the stuff W40K stole ideas from after all. That very slogan in your image is the slogan everyone knows and loves Torquemada for. Termight were cool villains.

What is good?

Yes I understand that. The whole shift came alter on after that as I texted in greentext.

>he gave up on Nemesis when it got too weird

> until Pat became fucking spastic in the contemporary political climate
>I have never read 2000AD

>genrefag
What

Morrisons comics are junkie trash, of course his fans are retarded

Morrison's fans are as pretentious and childish as his later works.

New Adventures of Hitler?

What a baby lol

later works? as opposed to what? Invisibles?

Except for Charley's war, Mills is pretty much a capeshit writer too. Wagner and Moore are the Brits I think of who can write non Genre shit.

It's ironic since Yankee comics like Fanta, D&Q and indies are consistently better than shit like 2000 ad which is full of badly written Sci fi schlock.

>Except for Charley's war, Mills is pretty much a capeshit writer too
So Nemesis, Slaine, ABC Warriors, and helping develop Judge Dredd doesn't count?

>Superheroes don't put their lives on the line like common people do so therefore they are less heroic
I always hated this type of complaint from anti-cape works.

>listening to the Be Pure! audiobook
>Mills and Ledroit had a Vampire: Requiem Knight party in a nightclub
>They both emerged from coffins surrounded by Requiem and Claudia cosplayers
>"French publishers still know how to have fun making comics."
I may not always agree with everything he says, but what a glorious, absolute madman.

Do you have an argument against it?

>Considering Morrison's body of work, I think it's entirely disingenuous to not only imply, but outright state, that the only people who could possible prefer him over Mills are "superhero fans"

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

Morrison is the worst kind of capeshit writter, the kind that appeals to manchildren by pretending that their McDonald's tier stories are "American mythology" and not an extremely shitty genre where 90% of the companie's products are shit, and even their biggest sales barely sell any comic.

>It's ironic since Yankee comics like Fanta, D&Q and indies are consistently better than shit like 2000 ad which is full of badly written Sci fi schlock.

And european sci-fi, fantasy, historical and indie comics are leagues better if you want to start comparing dick sizes. Granted it is a bit unfair comparison because comics are way smaller niche in the US.

>I always hated this type of complaint from anti-cape works.

Why? Nobody really cheers for Goku in Dragonball Z either because he always pulls stuff out of his ass to win the day. In contrast a clear underdog like Krillin is ten times more heroic because he knows he's going to get his shit kicked in by way stronger villains but he goes out in the field anyway because he wants to help his friends.

Nemesis and Dredd have many elements in common with cape books, particularly Judge Dredd - costume, rogues gallery, sidekicks, secret identity (in a metatextual sense), superpowers, and magic.

Unless they're flatout unable to be harmed by any actions taken against them, they're still putting their lives on the line. I'd be like saying a fireman rushing into a burning building is less heroic because he's wearing protective gear. It's basically a "Real Men do X" applied to selfless actions.

>Superheros are never in the position of an underdog
>Superheros never suffer loss or defeats

It's pretty standard for superheros to live a life of incredible pain and suffering. Even Superman fails to save Chris, Pa Kent, Mon-El, gets his ass beat by Wraith and Darkseid and Mogul and Ulysses (and so on and so on).

>>what is the Invisibles
>>what is Joe the Barbarian
>>what is the Filth
>>what is Annihilator
>>what is Seaguy

tldr; kys

A couple.
>Superheroes's threats tend to be in the same weight class as the superhero
>saving people doesn't need the caveat of being life and death.
>it's a little hypocritical seeing how Hard men characters like Marshall law and the punisher have their own superpowers of being the main characters.

superheroes die in the line of duty all the time. being able to shoot laser beams out your fingernails doesn't stop Gygax the Deceiver from tearing you apart with his bare hands
not to mention the above average risk of suffering a fate worse than death.

>Characters being able to do incredible feats only counts against your superheros and not against my action heros

Genrefags are cancer.

>It's pretty standard for superheros to live a life of incredible pain and suffering. Even Superman fails to save Chris, Pa Kent, Mon-El, gets his ass beat by Wraith and Darkseid and Mogul and Ulysses (and so on and so on).

And then he can travel back in time and erase all that, or punch reality and make it better. A firefighter going against DarkSeid would've just died on the spot instantly. Heroism requires a sacrifice, which is why a poor guy who gives all of his belongings to the poor is more of a hero than a rich dude who gives more money but less of his overall belongings to them.

Well, Superheroes aren't real for one thing so trying to compare what they do in stories versus what real life people do is kind of stupid.

Superheroes can do anything you want them to because they are fictional.

If self sacrifice is what is needed to be a real hero, then anyone could just point out one of the dozens of stories where a superhero has sacrificed their life to stop a world ending threat.

Hell, just having superpowers and using them to help other people is already many, many steps above what the average person would do if given special abilities that make them immune to most consequences. If you give the average Sup Forums reader Supermans full suite of powers the planet would probably be a cinder in the span of a month. They certainly wouldn't be spending their time helping people caught in natural disasters or foiling robberies.

>Superheroes's threats tend to be in the same weight class as the superhero

Those threats are even bigger to the regular heroes.

>saving people doesn't need the caveat of being life and death.

But heroism does.

>it's a little hypocritical seeing how Hard men characters like Marshall law and the punisher have their own superpowers of being the main characters.

Marshal Law is not a superhero though. He's a vigilante who hunts superheroes and admits he gets sick sexual pleasure from making them suffer. Only person Law ever considers a hero in the book is Kiloton, his deputy who gets gruesomely killed by a sociopathic Batman parody.

>Well, Superheroes aren't real for one thing so trying to compare what they do in stories versus what real life people do is kind of stupid.

So why do the fans of capeshit get angry when someone points out the fact they're barely actually heroes despite having superpowers and doing good things?

Mills has one note that's "T-take that, f-fascists!"

stop being a mark for yourself

>But heroism does.
No it doesn't. If a Doctor saves a person's life with no threat to his own I am not going to claim the Doctor is no goddan hero..
Saving a person's life is already a heroic feat.

>non Genre shit.
Motherfucking Peter Milligan.

>And european sci-fi, fantasy, historical and indie comics are leagues better
They really really really aren't.

>Those threats are even bigger to the regular heroes.
And? I don't see how somebody stopping an alien invasion from wiping out humanity is any less heroic than somebody stopping a mugging gone bad.

Because you seem to have a very narrow and extremely specific definition of heroism that doesn't really apply to almost any situation in either real life or fiction?

If you look at heroism as sacrifice then I could see a real life superhero being extremely heroic from a point of view.

When you risk losing your life what you are risking is missing out on every potential moment of your future, any pleasure you could derive from your life and any accomplishments you may have had. Jumping in front of a bus to push a kid out of the way means that you'll never eat your favorite breakfast or talk to the woman you love or drink a beer again because you'll be dead.

So what does a superhero give up by devoting most of their life to helping out the people around them with petty shit? Pretty much unlimited possibilities. Superman could do anything in the world and he chooses to spend his time helping out schlubs because its the nice thing to do. It's crazy as hell.

>Saving a person's life is already a heroic feat.

And those who risk their lives or sacrifice something to save someone else are more heroic than that doctor. Thats just the way heroism works and why Superheroes are barely heroes because doing heroic shit is quite effortless for them.

>Pat Mills
literally who?

>And european sci-fi, fantasy, historical and indie comics are leagues better
No, they aren't. They're just as saturated with mediocre genre comics. Remember that Tin tin, Duck comics and Asterix are some of the most famous Euro comics.

>Nobody really cheers for Goku in Dragonball Z either
Except.. they do.

And are you seriously trying to argue that a secondary characters shows guts by going against a tougher opponent and getting beaten than the main character coming in to save the day? Are you seriously acknowledging the fact that they're fictional characters but also trying to imply that they are sentient and are aware of the cliches that bound them? People like Mills that make genrefiction or schlocky action stuff or Punisher style shit are goddamn retarded. You're writing goddamn capeshit yourself, motherfucker. And you're not smart enough to deconstruct, reconstruct or analyze an entire genre anyway.

>And those who risk their lives or sacrifice something to save someone else are more heroic than that doctor
No. You're a fucking idiot.

Pat Mills is definitely smarter than you are though, user.

>And those who risk their lives or sacrifice something to save someone else are more heroic than that doctor
That's not how it works though, you don't get extra hero points if you're in danger. If I was in the army and I got shot and my buddy dragged out while he was under fire I would consider him a hero.
If years down the road I have a heart attack in the middle of the street and a Doctor then I would consider him a hero too.

I didn't realise there was someone on Sup Forums who was autistically triggered by Mills. Or is it just a Morrisonfag?

Apparently, he's not. And I'm not a particularly smart person either.

I didn't realise there was someone on Sup Forums who was autistically triggered by Morrison. Or is it just a Pat Mills himself?

>'s a vigilante who hunts superheroes and admits he gets sick sexual pleasure from making them suffer.
G
He still gonna win though. How many times has Marshall Law been pushed to the limits when he's fighting superheroes? Has Marshall Law's life ever been truly been put in danger when he's out doing his anti-capeshit schtick?

I'm more amazed that Sup Forums knows who Pat Mills is.

>Has Marshall Law's life ever been truly been put in danger when he's out doing his anti-capeshit schtick?
You could have just said you haven't read it

Well we're still within britbong waking hours.

The most important British comic book writer, keep up.

But that's not Neil Gaiman.

No, I mean. I'm not the guy you were arguing with. But Pat Mills is definitely smarter than you, straight up. He's smarter than me too.

But he's not smarter than me.

If the Eagle Award does no more truly count, why whereupon Morrison being denied one were the cape fanatics booing and cape executives vexed?

I didn't, that why I'm asking the question.

Go read it then. Alan Moore himself reccomends it.

Sour grapes

You don't know me, motherfucker.

>And you're not smart enough to deconstruct, reconstruct or analyze an entire genre anyway.
Read Charley's War.