I used to think transgenders are mentally ill before I started college...

I used to think transgenders are mentally ill before I started college, and my professor explained to me exactly what transgenderism is.

Transgender people know they are biologically one sex, but their mind more closely matches the other sex's mind when based on social constructs of what a male or female mind should be like.

For example, a stereotypical American male likes to watch football on Saturday nights while drinking beer.

A typical female may prefer to bake a cake or go shopping at the mall.

If you're a male who prefers the latter, your mind doesn't match society's definition of what a male should be like. Hence, you may choose to identify as transgender.

That's basically it. It's definitely not a mental illness.

Fake and gay

So, why the fuck should I consider that person the opposite sex instead of a dude who bakes cakes?

Libtards

The best cooks are men.

I'm a male that likes baking cakes. That may make me a faggot, but I'm not transgendered, you fucking nigger.

Low quality bait, I sincerely hope you're not this retarded lol.

A man who bakes cakes is what your example describes not a fucking mentally ill shemale

Libtard's think a drawing is real life.
Some full retard shit right there.

So a person who spends Saturday afternoon running around a park with propeller on their head and making helicopter noise is not mentally ill?

No one hates "transgender" but they don't get special treatment such as the choice to chose their gender because they have different preferences.

Transgender people are usually more intelligent. I've met many that are doing very technical work.

Don't be like the people who forced Allen Turing into an untimely death. Accept difference in realizing many of the smartest people have brain anomalies that make them profoundly different - or 'weird'.

>If you're a male who prefers the latter, your mind doesn't match society's definition of what a male should be like. Hence, you may choose to identify as transgender.

Hmmm, so my wife must be transgender since she loves beer and baseball even more than I do.

Fucking faggots are a disease

DO NOT REPLY, It's a bait thread.
I've seen the exact same thread post a few days ago. Expect the pic is only different

>thinking you are something that you are not
sage

*posted

Sounds like SJWs like to put everyone into the gender roles they complain about so much and assign football and beer to men as if women can't enjoy it and baking and going to the mall with women as if men can't enjoy it.

I know OP is poopyposting but:

Your physical body is not a social construct.
If your brain does not agree with the genitals you were given, its mental illness.

When a person has Apotemnophilia, they are given therapy with the intent of curing and otherwise stopping them from removing parts of themselves they feel they should not have.

Its not something to be ashamed of, its a defect, but for some reason its one of the only potentially treatable defects that the first world has managed to not only accept as a norm, but to encourage.

most uneducated opinion in this thread

>gender is a social construct
>people can be born the wrong gender

Gtfo.

Awful copy pasta. Sage.

someone /thread me

Their brains are exactly like their proper gender in terms of gray/white matter and such. Researchers have only found very minor irregularities in trannies' brains which aren't anywhere near as large as the actual differences between males and females. Transgenderism is a politically motivated hoax.

Saw exact thread word for word the other day.

Wish the mods would do something.

Are you saying that because someone has opinions that don't meet the standards their genitals make, then its perfectly understandable to chop their genitals off so they can fit in? Doesn't that sound like the exact opposite of what the left is trying to state?

How about instead of encouraging people to put their dicks in hazard bins, you encourage them to feel comfortable in their own skin, and say that its perfectly fine for a male to be interested in "feminine" things. The notion the left push saying fat people should be comfortable in their own skin, and should be accepting of what they are, yet saying that its perfectly fine to completely change who you are if you think that you should have been born without a dick or not is so hypocritical its astonishing.

would actually think about swiping right

Why are conservatives being fatshamed? This is extremely triggering.

Also sage.

Your professor is wrong. Making yourself appear like a woman has nothing to do with not liking manly things. You can be a man and bake and shop all day and talk like a faggot. Transgenderism is a perception disorder similar to anorexia or OCD. These things are all bad because they cause harm.

If you woke up one day and your body transformed perfectly into a woman, would your first impulse be to do expensive hormone therapy and surgery to make yourself appear like a man again? No? Well now you understand the problem that is in the minds of the transgenderds. They have a self image problem, and it's made worse by a SJW support structure telling them that they truly are the wrong gender. That's like an anorexic individual being told they are not skinny enough.

Op is a fag.