So, now that the dust has settled, what do we think of this?

So, now that the dust has settled, what do we think of this?

why the hell did they select a black girl to play an orange girl? fuck hollywood are morons

When the dust has settled, it's the old news.

If they're going to give her a wig and orange body paint, does it really matter what race the actress is?

>30 year old black woman with black hair plays Starfire
>13 year old white girl with blonde hair plays Raven
>Robin played by elderly man
>Cyborg is not in the film
>Beastboy is blue

I can't bring myself to get mad anymore. Was 2017 the death of the redhead in capeshit?

Yes, African noses are terrible looking.

As long as she ends up orange with red hair, I don't care what's under it.

Everyone involved in this needs to be shot.

as a 19 year old back boy that got into the titans thanks to the 2003 show, I don't like this casting
>starfire is black instead of an orange redhead
>raven is a fucking kid
>no cyborg thanks to DC shilling him as a justice League member
I hate this. I'd feel happy if they add slade, arsenal, and Kid flash from Flash/Arrow tho

They chose a very plain looking actress to play a character that is essentially a cosmically beautiful sex goddess that basically no man can resist.

So, you know, a lot of people weren't very happy about the news.

I like it. More dead negro stunt women.

black* boy

Still don't care that you keep trying to make the same thread with an almost the same OP. If you don't know by now then you're just bait and we have nothing else to discuss until there is additional casting news, make up tests, posters, or leaked set photos.

To say nothing of the release of the show itself.

And you know what, given the placement on WB's attempted proprietary DC streaming service I'm going to bet its budget won't quite be great and that it will be the DC equivalent of Marvel's Inhumans show.

Its a good bet, because if I lose then I get a decent show.

Now reel it in and god home.

>>starfire is black instead of an orange redhead
You know there is a thing called MAke-up, right?

She has all the physic needed to make a good Starfire.

will they even do the orange body paint?

Domino is just black in the new Deadpool movie, not painted blue or white.

Does anyone even like black washing among black people?
I see negative opinions from you in internet all the time.

>TEEN Titans
>29 years old

Let's try to look at it from a logical angle:

Option A: find a redheaded, green eyed pale girl and paint her orange. Here's your Starfire.

Option B: find a sub-saharan black girl with dark everything, paint her orange, and call her Starfire.

Option A is clearly the way to go from a purely pragmatic point of view. Since A was not chosen we can conclude that B was chosen purely out of ideological and spiteful reasons.

Thank God Hollywood is dying.

Black is the new orange.

>Terra is black and a lesbian
>Trigon is just a giant cloud
>Deathstroke has both eyes

>what do we think of this?
Its hollywood being hollywood again, people will bitch, people will defend it but its just a big scam to get everyone into the circus tent

They're not gonna use makeup. Didn't you know? Makeup on black people is racist.

Make that hairstyle and dye it orange.

I still don't want my Dick going inside her

WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH ALL THE NIGGERS
JESUS CHRIST
IT'S NEVER MEXICANS OR ASIANS OR NATIVE AMERICANS BUT FUCKING BLACKS
I AM FUCKING BLACK BUT THIS NEEDS TO STOP
WE ONLY MAKE UP 11% OF AMERICA, SPICS MAKE UP 17%
STOP USING US AS FUCKING DIVERSITY POINTS

Who why are execs doing this? Is it because they think it's the right thing to do or do they think this will make it more popular with blacks?

>Priest is the most well known black writer in comics
>He specifically doesn't want to write black characters
>White writers want to all write blacks for some reason

Different black guy here, I'm against raceswaps however in Starfire's case I don't give a shit because she's an alien and I don't care for the Titans at all. I will be salty if they don't make her orange though. In Domino's case I was conflicted because while I love black women with afros I don't like unnecessary race swaps.

Star might have been orange colored but her face and body clearly showed that she was supposed to look white or asian. Her hair, bone structure definitely wasn't black.

>writers want to all write blacks for some reason
They want to be "not racist"

Wasn't Starfire based off a Mexican hooker?

See, that's better. An actually kind of exotic? Hot but different. I think I'm happy they didn't cast a white woman, would make Star Fire look very meh and not different at all.

Big lips look hot with lipstick.

Reminder

You think it's bad? Over here blacks are only three percent of the population, but the powers that be want 12% of all people in media to be black.

Why do idiots keep saying this

Priest said he doesn't only want to write black characters not that he doesn't want to write black characters

He only has that rule because he'd only be given Black characters to write otherwise.

no ones gonna watch this shit anyway

He is fighting racism by writing white characters instead of black ones. Like pottery.

Diversity is born out of the assumption that all people are equal, and therefore if a system outputs a collection of people that doesn't match the demographic input into the system then the system itself must be biased against the underrepresented group within the output of said system. This never has to actually be evaluated however. The pre-emptive assumption is that everyone is equal and if that is true then the only remaining variable is the system itself. So it's merely taken for granted the system is biased and corrupt, because if someone critically analyzed the system and found it wasn't then the only other explanation is that the people themselves aren't equal.

Diversity is the logical consequence of refusing to acknowledge inherent inequality between people and thinking that the results of a system are indicative of the bias of a system. The very concept that a system could treat everyone equally but deliver inequal results, or even more extreme, that a system can be biased towards a group and biased against another, while delivery results favouring the disadvantaged group regardless is never accounted for.

Negroid features are hideous.

See

the show is called Titans to be fair.

>implying skin can't be painted
why did marvel selected a black woman to play a green one?

this better not come true

It's been an ongoing affair for awhile now. The fact of the matter is, natural redheads/gingers are even more of a minority than blacks and are massively over-represented in comics, so finding them for acting roles is probably difficult. That doesn't really explain why they always seem to replace them with black people instead of just having someone who's white get a dye job, but whatever.

was't Starfire a former slave.

Irish were next to slaves at one moment.

I'm blacker than Domino, but if they don't put an tangerine weave and paint her orange, im finna go shock and awe on some bitch ass hollywood muthafucks. You can cap this post when they've got news choppers in culver city. YOU DO NOT FUCK WITH A MAN'S WAIFU LIKE THAT. YOU DON' FUCKED UP MY WAIFU? YOU FUCKED UP YOUR LAIFU.

maximum kek

I mean, if they cast her with a white actress, I doubt she'd even look the part either. I'm fine with it as long as they do her hair right and try to make her look alien rather than just a black person with body paint. Like, do some makeup around her eyes to give more of a cat eye look, poof her hair. Green Contact lens are a must, though as those will ultimately make her look the part of an alien.

The actual costume will be important too. How much of her body will they show and will the material be decent looking? How will the design they choose look on the actress herself combined with how well the make-up looks? If she can act the part, good. I think she can and will be able to. Can she look the part though? Probably. Just depends on how the people in the show will do it. And writers.

In the end, will anybody really watch this, though? I mean, I know I won't, but...?

if this is true i'm not watching this at all, and I'm black

I don't usually care about this blackwashing shit but this is really bad. I got some of my first boners from starfire in the originial show, and almost had my dick explode when i saw how she looked in the comics, so everything about this just feels wrong

Well I know a racist Starfire fan who got really anal ragnaroked over Domino. This must have set him completely over the edge.

So I approve.

This reminds me of that "Jokes on them, I'm only pretending to be retarded" comic, only written from the other perspective.

Remove the pupils/irises, make-up on the eye, make her hair a LOT longer and change up the brows. Her hairline is concerning.

I think we should really petition the mods to auto ban posts containing the phrase "now that the dust has settled".

Nobody wants a nigger to play as Starfire. Fucking hell, why is hollywood so stupid?

I still dislike because Starfire was always portrayed as having more aryan face features. She always drawn as a white girl with orange skin., but people just seem to actively ignore it.

Truth!

Are you really this stupid user? This is human washing.
>he thinks americans can draw more than one face
This is the 4th thread with the same exact thumbnail. Mods don't care.

Nice australians there bro.

>posts pic of woman in her 60s or 70s
>and she's abo, not regular black but so black that africans say 'I ain't bangin that bitch'

This is basically how it was in the comics.

>I enjoy this decision because it will piss someone off.
I will never understand this logic.

I'm thinking of this from another angle:

If they do decide to paint her orange, there will be outrage over it, like how there was outrage over GotG and Star Wars.

On the other hand, if they just keep her black, not only will the show be accused of pushing an agenda, Starfire's backstory would have to be rewritten so she wouldn't be a slave anymore.

It's a lose-lose situation.

>If they do decide to paint her orange, there will be outrage over it, like how there was outrage over GotG and Star Wars.
There won't be any outrage. What the hell are some autistic keyboard warriors gonna do? I didn't see any outrage about MM. She's an alien no one cares.

He's a racist, user. They deserve to be upset out of spit.

>like how there was outrage over GotG and Star Wars.

Oh. Right. Just like that thing that didn't happen.

>spit
That's gross.

But it's still sad on your part.
If he's really racist, why give him space in your thoughts?

>I want things I like to be bad so it hurts other people too!

My problem isn't that she's black, my problem is that she's Sub-Saharan African black. Black women without white admixture are apeish and hideous.

>like how there was outrage over GotG and Star Wars.
I think you're talking out of your rear.

Look at what they did with domino. They won't give a single fuck and you know this

If they paint her orange, dye her hair and give her CG fire on said hair, I won't rage. They could've cast a Chinese, Mexican, American, British or whatever actress of whatever ethnicity, but if she ain't painted orange and has red hair it's a fucking failure. Same with the Raven actress: they better dye her hair black. The reason I fucking hate how they're handling Domino in Deadpool 2 is because they were fucking lazy.

What the fuck are you talking about? There was no outrage over Gamora because she's a fucking alien. Same with Starfire. It's like you think actors being painted over is somehow racist when it's been done for years. Fuck off.

No point to be bitching unless they don't make her look like Starfire at all.

Yeah because Domino completely over writes every black women who ever used make up in a role. Seriously are you fucking kidding me Sup Forums?

Weren't there articles complaining about one of Marvel's few WoC being painted green?
Or the whole mocap "fiasco"?

Well. Will they make her orange and stuff?
I mean you argue about race and stuff all you want but no human is orange like Starfire.

If they had casted some white redhead and just left it at that it would have been shit too.

A lot of racist people are butthutt so I'm pretty happy about this casting

This is simply my opinion. Maybe it will work out for the better but it is unlikely

That's kind of sad when you think about it.

>Actress gives a shit performance.
>Possibly brings down the whole show.
>W-well, at least the racists are upset!

When was the last time a white redhead was cast in anything cape related?

Off the top of my head, Kirsten Dunst and she had to dye her hair.

Ignoring the race swap issue, the actress just doesn't seem right for the part at all.

Not that I know of. I don't think anyone cared. The only fiasco I remember was Boyega in TFA on those Sup Forums threads.

Why does the media keep pushing non-mixed black women?

>That whole December on Sup Forums

Oh, I'm not gonna watch it. I don't like DC properties.

Another Star Wars December soon.

Looks like it's time to beat my meat again

But user, it's not bad. I'm not upset by the casting. I'm not the racist.

I'm not racist, I'm purist.

>is glad about the casting solely because it will trigger other people
>isn't even going to watch the show
You are just the worst kind of subhuman.

>actress gives shit performance

Right because black people are always bad actors.

>If you don't like the casting you are therefore racist.