So what does Sup Forums think of The Tick live action show so far...

So what does Sup Forums think of The Tick live action show so far? Personally I think it's the only good superhero show currently running.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D69Y0zLesu8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

10/10 hate that they left it on a cliffhanger for the second half-season

I thought it was pretty spectacular. I could nitpick on details about it as an adaptation. But all things considered it's still a magnificent adaptation but above all it was a fun show.

It was however short and now I've got nothing to watch.

I thoroughly enjoyed every one of The Tick's antics from monologues to just the short sight gags and I don't feel like any of them fell short. Playing with the hologram or when he was handed a phone are a great example.

10/10 best capeshit tv since daredevil s1

I haven't read the comics in years but The Tick himself feels just like he does in the comics. I miss the white over his eyes though but I think that would make it hard to read his expressions in live action.

Different enough from previous adaptations to stand on its own, but keeps very true to Tick and Arthur (and Tick's devotion to Arthur).

Loved everything about Lint.

>the only good superhero show currently running

fuck off man

Tick isn't even as good as Arrow

i really enjoyed it, some of the episodes were better than the others, but overall its not bad.
id rank it, 2,1,3,5,6,4

without batmanuel I don't think it could ever be truly great

So far the Tick has been almost completely indestructible* -- do you think he'll go up against a villain who can match him in combat?

*Dare I say, nigh-invulnerable?

dude who would win between the tick and nomu

plus ultra LMAO! am i right?

Overkill is a good replacement. Good parody of the ultra-serious street vigilante type.

Was a good one though. Had to watch it twice to make sure I heard him correctly.

>CLIFFHANGER!

Will we get the Chainsaw Vigilante?

"Alexa, play ominous music."

I out loud chuckled at that.

>What blatant product placement.
>Why would anyone bend over for a company like that?
>Oh, good one Amazon.

Megolanx?

"After the papers printed his real name and photo, the Terror's goons broke into Cat-Man-Murphy's compound, executed his puma wife and their litter of.... child... kittens."
"That's messed up."
"On a bunch of levels."

Weak.

Tick's thing is never that he fights villains who are physically stronger than him, they just capitalize on his weakness. Like the bus scene or how he went out of his way to stop Overkill from killing people. Even in the FOX show, a villain forcing him to trial is more effective than just punching him where he just shakes it off.

I think I remember a moment in the comics when he was fighting a clusterfuck of bad guys but his heart wasn't into it because he missed Arthur, and that took more of a toll on him.

>mfw

Didn't know what to expect, but ended up loving every minute of it. The writers really nailed the Tick's luxurious use of language as did the actor with his portrayal. Thumbs up for Arthur and pretty much everyone else as well. Not a humongous budget, but a fuckton of heart.

Was pretty great. Any news on S2? The app I use to track my shows can't find this one and I'm afraid Ill forget about it.

Second Half of Season 1 should be next quarter

I loved the Tick comics, the cartoon, but I always felt that the first live action show was a massive disappointment and this show is the best adaptation I could possibly hope for.

Every character handled well and they absolutely nailed The Tick and Arthur's dynamic.

Overkill as a parody amalgamation of Punisher and Deathstroke came out better than I could have hoped for.

Even Dot came out surprisingly well-written.

I guess the other thing I could hope for are more heroes and villains showing up. Miss Lint's great, I just want more and for it not to stop.

>the first live action show was a massive disappointment

>obvious product placement that also somehow seems in character for the show

The absolute madmen

I love how the Terror is a pointlessly petty asshole.

He isn't just a villain; he's EVIL.

has the actress playing dot in the amazon incarnation ever done nudes?

i'm asking for a friend.

I love the art direction so far, so I'm crossing my fingers for Chairface.

Is Arthur the Big Bang Theory guy?

I love Overkill's eyes.

Speaking of product placement, a lot of vitamin water on the show, some blatant some subtle.

I don't care for The Tick's costume and look. He has the voice down but not the appearance.

>Tick isn't even as good as Arrow
Can you imagine having this shit of taste

I always thought Tick was kinda like one punch man in power. He is one of the most powerful heroes in the universe. But he is a gag hero like the rest so he is often beaten by non physical threats and jokes.

Havent watched it yet, what other heroes/villains appear?

Loved it. Everything is stuck on realism these days so it's refreshing to see something so cartoony but fully self aware of it.

they did the best they could considering he's supposed to be 2+ normal people wide. They got the height down well except a few shots where you can see the bad looking platforms.

Is this supposed to be a comedy? First episode seemed like a comedy but no jokes or anything that made me laugh.

His actor is 6 foot 5 inches tall

Torrent?

Why do every super hero tries to be funny or quirky? This is MCU's fault I'm sure.

Faggot, Tick has always been funny.

alright, I'd admit, if this is the case then I apologize for my ignorance. I just am annoyed as it seems to be like MCU quirky shit, but this seems to be legitimate

youtube.com/watch?v=D69Y0zLesu8

Then why wasn't this show funny?

>batmanuel
Can we please stop talking about that shitty show?
That was a failed abortion of a show that missed EVERYTHING good about the cartoon and the comics

>That was a failed abortion of a show that missed EVERYTHING good

This is a thread for Tick not a thread for ants.

So why is he The Tick and not The Flea considering he jumps around.

Pretty much this, it was obviously not perfect but everyone sold their roles well and it got me hyped for next season.

Skip to 7:48 of this . It pretty much gives you all you need to know about The Tick

Is Warburton in it?

Nope, but he's a producer

Is Jurgens our guy?

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:09EB15EF767CE191110681145B85F2F250D97220&dn=The+Tick+-+Marvel+Comic+Scifi+TV+%282017%29+S01+480p+E01-E06++mp4&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.istole.it%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337

When

Never. They don't have the rights to the char

I am confused then. Isn't chairface a Tick character? Or was he owned by another creator?

Ms. Lint is sexy and I would like it if people here could post sexual pictures of her here.

is wrong, Chairface ia an original Edlaud character from the comic before the cartoon, i.e. not copywritten to Fox, but to Edlaud himself and could be in the show.

I feel like this Tick, being ambiguously a product of Arthur's damaged mind willed into the physical world, may possess "drama power," meaning it would totally depend on the dramatic needs of a given situation.

I thought the Tick was great.
The actual series? Ehhhhhh not so much.

I dunno, I'm just really bothered that they chose to make it into such a serious drama. I'm not against playing around with formula or anything, but it just doesn't feel right to me. The Tick basically comes off like a bit-player in the series that's named after him. They took what normally is a zany parody of cape comics and made it into another dime-a-dozen streamable bullshit drama for people to eat up.

Not going to be feeling it unless Chairface Chippendale is in it.

Loved it.
The Tick is such a lunatic, he came off as terrifying in the first episode and it was pretty funny.