Hey

>Hey.
>...
>How you doin'?
>Hi.
>This guy's been tellin' me a lot about you. Says you've been uh, comin' around, helpin' out a lot? Yeah? Helpin' out? Is that right?
>...
>Is that right?
>Mmhm.
>...Oh. That's very nice. That's nice of you. Thank you.
>You're welcome.
>You drive for the movies?
>...Yeah.
>...
>...
>[I can take that.] No, no, I got it, I got it. ... ... Let mommy talk to her friend.

What the fuck was going on in this scene?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JlR2RjKtMCk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Have two human beings ever conversed like this?

Has any one human being acted in the way that Nicholas Winding Refn thinks they do?

Has Refn really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

What did he mean by this?

I really liked this scene and Oscar Isaac's character. Whole movie is a whimsical dream fantasy from the Goose's perspective but holy fuck does Standard not fit in. It's like his character doesn't belong inside Goose's story, the fact that he snaps him out of his floaty dream state by not buying into the slow talking bullshit is great.
>This guy's been tellin' me a lot about you. Says you've been uh, comin' around, helpin' out a lot? Yeah? Helpin' out? Is that right?
>...
>Is that right?
I loved it, he stood out so much to me for that reason.

this is what was going through my mind when I watched Drive a few years ago. and I still don't think people do. If it was just "the driver" then you could tell he was socially inept but when he talks with people, especially the girl she responds with the same long, drawn out silences as he does.

Quite often, just not in his recent exercises in autism

When autism goes ghetto

Let's not kid yourselves almosf all of you guyses conversations go like this except when it comes crunch time none of you could do all the cool shit goose does

The writer deserves some credit but it helps that Oscar Isaac is one of the greatest actors of all time.

youtube.com/watch?v=JlR2RjKtMCk

Ryan Gosling orders a cheeseburger.

haha yeah imagine if someone talked like this haha only in movies lol not even a nerd talks like this lmao

Standard was just trying to make normal conversations, the drivers autism made it awkward.

You guys must be meming me if you can’t tell he’s threatening goose for moving in on his girl.

Do you know many underworld murderer type people? Have you been a fly on the wall when they meet up with each other knowing the thread of violence hangs over everything?

Only autists.

Only God forgives.

DRIVE!

Isaac is great in everything he's in. He understands what his character was about.

Fucking this. How ironic that the people calling the scene autistic are in reality the ones with autism. This board makes me feel so good about myself

>I'm going to give you a time and a place and you're gonna come and get it... Do you understand?
>What do you get out of it?
>Just that...out of it.
>Your partners are happy with that?
>I don't have any partners.
>You discussed this with anybody else?
>No-o, just you.
>You're not very good at this, are ya?
>*call ends*

I didn't think the Driver was that autistic.

>No-o
?

DRIVE!

JAM!

Yes, everybody on Sup Forums trying to be like the Goose after watching Drive.

>I will PT you until your assholes are sucking buttermilk

What the fuck does this even mean?

Kino.

The whole conversation is Standard basically saying "hey, I'm her boyfriend, I'm back now, you better not try to muscle in on my girl." Goose then proceeds to respond like an autistic log leaving Standard to decide he's probably just some retarded who's no serious threat to his relationship.

He's a lot nicer about it than most people. He doesn't feel the need to assert his dominance any more than he has to; the moment he realizes Goose isn't a threat he just backs off and lets him do his thing.