Maybe the writing appeals to kids more? Or is it just complete trite?

Maybe the writing appeals to kids more? Or is it just complete trite?

I shoed my 12 year old little sister Ultimate and then Spectacular and she agreed Spectacular was much better written. "It's for kids" means the tone has to be light and fun, it doesn't mean it has to have bad writing.

>"It's for kids" means the tone has to be light and fun
not even that. There are plenty of heavy shows that are for kids. The Transformers gets really dark at times, or the best example is look at Gargoyals

Oh yeah of course the tone can be darker. I meant that at the end of the day it has to be a little inspiring and have heroes you can cheer for.

I feel like you're generally right, but

>"It's for kids" means the tone has to be light and fun, it doesn't mean it has to have bad writing.

You have to consider that known good writers are more expensive. It's easier to settle on average ones to cut costs. If it was just for the sake of art then it wouldn't matter and you'd just pay the good ones to make the best show possible, but it's about profit.

And then the good ones get left in the dust. What a world for animation

In a perfect market the better written shows would make the most money, but there's just too much media out there. People can't find everything in time.

I dunno how successful it is.

But the writing is a bit better. There's mutliple subplots and some quiet character moments that USM lacked. On the other hand, the science they use is flimsy and the focus on it is really grating.

I'm a really bored artist, I'll take spidey drawing requests if anyone wants.

Peter shirtless please.

When you dilute the pool with mediocrity, you only hurt yourself in the long run. Just look at Marvel Comics. They cut costs by firing nearly all their editors and giving the editing tasks to interns.

I would say you'd be hard pressed to find a kid who watched this and another Spiderman cartoon to like this one more on the virtue of its writing, at least in the short term. The dialogue and pacing of the plot goes along way too fast for it to register properly in the mind of an avarage person. Its super easy to miss what they're saying that your only concrete way of storytelling is the visuals, and that also goes along too fast and overall an episode can leave you with the wrong questions to think about at the end of the day rather than the right ones.

It should be: who is the vulture and who does he work for? What's his relation to linux-man-gabe-newell? Why does that guy I can't fucking remmember the name of want to shut down the smart school? What will spidey do next will he get a better costume or web shooters?

Instead its: did he really just say my spider sense is tingling out loud in a fucking auditorium with people right next to him!? Why are three fucks trying to crash the presentation? what the fuck is going on? WHY DIDN'T THE VULTURE PICK UP THE GUY AND THE GLOWY ROCK THING? WHEN WAS THIS SHIT INTRODUCED CUZ I SURE AS HELL DIDN'T SEE IT!?"

A kid might have paid more attention in those moments, since I have no idea if the moments of concentrated autism would take them out of the loop, but still they'd have to listen to Peter rapid fire science jargon at 10 words a second, most characters not getting the 5 seconds they deserve for a proper introduction, introducing Chekovs gun in the 3rd act and firing it 30 second afterwards. The new speederman may have better plot threads that come together as the series progresses, but I sure as hell won't be sticking around to watch it.

tl;dr constant talking and action aint good for either kids or adults, my almonds are activated.

Spidey eating pizza plz, that black guy from spiderman 2 watching ominously in the far distance would be a bonus.

Sure, how about some obsure Spidey villains drawn in the style of this show? White Rabbit, Crime Master, Vermin etc.

k
I'll draw him eating pizza, but I don't remember the black guy. is it the THAT GUY STOLE THAT GUYS PIZZA guy?

Just spidey today pls

Yep its the stole that guys pizza guy

Pete wearing the Spider-Gwen costume plz.

Mask is optional.

>Peter has been made an annoying science nerd, we get it that he's smart but they drive it home to an annoying degree

>Everyone is apparently a fuckin genius due to it being at Horizon High. Miles and Anya as these super genius individuals seems very weird since in the comics they were more or less average students. When everyone is a genius, no one is

>Every episode feels like a rush job with no natural growth. Harry already has a huge hateboner for Spider-man due to events in the first episode that were honestly pretty dumb. It's already to the point he's making Goblin prototype shit

>Almost every usual rogue is now a teenager

>Venom Saga is being done in just one episode

>Really cheap animation

This series is really not winning me over and making Ultimate look like a silver medal in comparison

Only Spidey? Damn, I was going to ask you if you could do MSM Spidey meeting his gender-swapped counterpart from the Ultimate Comics.

>and making Ultimate look like a silver medal in comparison

I wouldn't take it that far. As obnoxious as the science bullshit its, it's nowhere as obnoxious as the dumb humor USM had, and at least it has a clear plot and storylines in mind.

The problem with both Ultimate and the new one is that they can't put Peter into a proper balance like how Spectacular did. Ultimate got annoying with the humor and stupid cutaway gags that made any emotional attempt the series did feel like nothing. Marvel's has Peter too obnoxious with the science to the point it feels like its dragging on. I look at new Peter and think 'Is this what they think smart people talk like?'

>Venom saga

What?

The writers think this is the only way kids will know that Peter is super smart. Even though the fact he's going to genius school should be enough to tell us that.

I liked this new episode a bit more than the other two. I suppose Shocker's friend won't appear anymore?
Also, I like the way they're introducing Green Goblin.

I mean the black suit. I saw the episode is coming but right after the next two episodes are different plots. He must get, use and lose the suit in the duration of one episode.

Most of the scientific stuff in it is bullshit anyway. They're only piecing together smart sounding words.

Well yeah, it takes more than one episode to properly establish venom, he's not alien goop that decides to be evil and hate spiderman. It goes like this, spiderman gets symbiote, has a lot of fun with symbiote, betrays symbiote, symbiote latches onto someone with a big like/dislike of parker, together they become Venom and begin his dynamic of crushing spiderman or trying to deal with their loss through mimicing spiderman.

It varies from series to series but venom is essentially one of spiderman's most difficult tasks because he's going against two entities that have known him for a long time and combined into a mockery of him and themselves.

That can't all into one episode and be good writing for a meaningful character. It takes a bare minimum of two episodes and that's cutting it pretty weak.

>good writing
Slott's in charge here, good writing was never an option.

>Get suit
>Find out it's an alien
>Freak out, remove it
>It gets on a guy who was retconned into a previous story

It's like, ten pages spread over 4 comics. The ASM Issue right after Secret Wars where you see the cool suit powers, then a few issues later Peter removes it once Richards tells him it's an alien. Then a few months later Web of Spider-man #1 has the symbiot breaking containment and you get the Church scene, then a few years later you get Eddie Brock's backstory in another issue of ASM.

Too lazy to look up issue numbers but any idea of this being a large saga was done by John Semper Jr on the Spider-man cartoon. Same with the symbiot amplifying rage and making you stronger.

Draw Peter holding up salt saying, 'Its Sodium Chloride' with the most shit-eating grin

That is beautiful, thank you user.

Yeah saga's probably too long and grand a term for it, but its definitely a story you stew for a while before you serve.

Peter drinking something, then Parker luck hitting him and throwing that through his shirt.

I dunno, I always thought that would be funny for a teen Spidey.

I don't have any ideas, I just wanted to say that your art looks great.

I wish I could draw awesome Spidey related things, I'm too invested in my animu style but I'm trying to improve so I can draw other styles. But things like drawic comic book style faces and noses is still kind of hard for me.

Thanks a lot user, how should I credit you?

Awesome! thanks v.much user.

Nice stuff user, I love this.

That's great user.

Ha I love it, based drawfag

Kek, nice job!

A Spidey version of this please.

You can leave the speech bubble empty of you want.

Two thumbs up for you

smart people at Horizon holy shit

hmm... no...

I think the main problem with this series is that they're trying to turn Spider-Man into Harry Potter when he really doesn't suit that role.

I think Miles is supposed to be smart in the comics too because but due Bendis being Bendis it's not well developed or acknowledged. In an issue of Ms. Marvel he was his school's science team

That's because Bendis makes Ganke as Miles' go to guy for anything science related.

Can we get more pics of him either shirtless or naked? Please?

Oh baby
Seconding this

Thats... pretty good actually.

PEETAH, PUT'CHA CLOTHES BACK ON

One of the things I like about this show, is that most of the characters are cute twinks.

Wew lad.

Really nice

punished Harry.