Pope Hats #1 Storytime?

Saw thread requesting Pope Hats #1 storytime, if requester sees this do you still want it? Happy to oblige, was gonna s/t something today anyhow (Bank Holiday Monday in UK today)....

Im down for it

same here

Weirdly didn't get a sound reply....good job I didn't decide to vidja for a bit or something! Will Post as double page spreads, will scan now. Do you want it as it's scanned or should I just do half, upload that and then scan the rest?

nice trips

Heeyyyyyyyyy

Maybe single page? Dont know the other dude but im on my phone, its your call man ill hang out here for you

Okay here we go
Sorry holmes already done it!

Missed 12 and 13 sorry!

Back cover.
Hope you guys enjoyed this (and I hope OG requester gets to check it out!)!

OMG. Thank you! I have wanted to read Pope Hats for ages!

Btw, I'm OG requester. Any chance you will storytime any of the other 4 issues sometime in the future?

What great alternative comics that were originally released in comic books (aka floppies) can you recommend? I mean stuff similar to Pope Hats, Crickets, Ganges.

one girl is an actress and the other is a lawyer right?

Great to finally see stuff like this on Sup Forums

Btw, care to scan the cover too?

damn, now I wanna know which Dick book she was reading

Ooooooo! Yeah,I guess. My LCS doesn't get #5 'til 9th next month but I'm down for two.
Nowhere (collected as My Summer of Love by Debbie Drechsler)
Was actually gone see if anyone wanted a s/t of Terry Laban's (fanta) Cud, from the alt heyday of the 90's...Hate by Peter Bagge, Crap by J.R Williams, Weasel by Dave Cooper, Jim and then th Frank floppies by Jim Woodring...I could go on and on, mate. Thanks for the support, glad to see this stuff is appreciated!
Will scan cover in a mo.

Oh was gonna give a choice between Cud and Dangle by Lloyd Dangle. Such an under-rated cartoonist.

so I've seen the past few of your storytimes and I'm starting to get the gist of these cartoonists are pretty depressing
are there any more positive/fun ones? I wanna get into "smart" comics but they all hurt my soul besides The Tick, Sam & Max, Darkwing Duck, Flaming Carrot....

Oh yeah! The aforementioned Cud, Crap and Dangle are pretty fun! Hate can also be very, very funny in a cynical kind of way...Crap was similar, only lasted 7 issues but it had way more "heart" and general optimism than Hate. I have a little commish by the cartoonist, J.R Williams (pic related)

>Cud and Dangle by Lloyd Dangle
just googled it, the art doesn't really have enough style for me, ehhh
I guess I just don't really like anything autobiographicalish
why can't comics just be like comical

Lemme think for you, man...google dave Cooper's Suckle/Crumple/Ripple trilogy, maybe? First thing that comes to mind.....

goodness gracious that kinda looks gross
I'm not sure these type of comics are right for me
guess just have to stick to seeking out parody/pastiche/satire superheroes
I'm not stupid I swear

Oh our national treasure Hunt Emerson is dope, does great lit adaptations, really funny, there's a coupla postcards in the JR Williams photo
Hahah dude I don't think you (or anyone) is stupid for liking those types of comics...flaming carrot is dope. Oh maybe google Neil The Horse by Arne Saba (she's called Kathleen Williams and is a woman now, I believe). It's like some sort of 90's version of a Fleischer "exaggerated", cartoony style. Very beautiful, charming-looking comic.

Cover

thanks

looking forward for more stuff

bump

Will try and storytime at least two issues of Pope Hats by Wednesday.
Any requests? Oh I have an idea for you --childrens comic by the great French alternative cartoonist Stephane Blanquet, Toys In The Basement. Will do that one whatevers! Great, fun little comic. Also, although it's dark as fuck and pantomime, everyone needs to read 676 apparitions of Killoffer by Killoffer, L'Asso co-founder. Only Toth, Jaime, Meski and a few others use pure black as a design element better than he does, I swear.

*Meskin
Hey, how about some old Sunday strips like Roy Crane's Captain Easy? Incredibly influential cartoonist....also, have you read Bone by Jeff Smith or Linda Medley's Castle Waiting?

Thanks looking forward to more Pope Hats! Do you happen to have Mowgli's Mirror?

I most certainly fucking do!, one of the most beautiful comics I've ever read.....