Thinking about giving this a go

Thinking about giving this a go.

How serialized is it? Is it just an episodic toy commercial, or does it actually have an on-going story that I can binge through?

Season 1 is part episodic, part serialized. Seasons 2 and 3 are predominantly serialized. Sit back and enjoy a fucking amazing series.

Season 1 isn't that serialized but there is an overarching arc and mystery. 2 and 3 are far more serialized.

Either way the best Transformers show.

Thanks, that's really good to know.

Are there any episodes you'd recommend skipping for the first season? Like episodes that are too episodic, or just plain bad, and might turn me off from the show before getting to the good parts?

>too episodic

I meant to say too stand-alone, but you guys know what I mean.

bump

Honest to god the best Transformers series. Don’t even bother with Machine Wars after. This was my childhood, now I’m gonna rewatch it as well.

>Want to watch it again
>Don't want to cry when the times come

Yeah, Machine Wars is really skippable as far as toys go. They all got redecoed in better color schemes later.

Watch Beast Machines though. It's not episodic, and it actually tries to be more than a silly saturday morning show as was the style of the time. It's probably the best Transformers series ever made.

Wait, watch Beast Machines or Beast Wars?

Or both?

The only one off the top of my head you could skip for the first season would be Call of the Wild. It's not a particularly great episode and it has very little in the way of character development. All of the others are pretty fun, though.

Beast Machines is a sequel to Beast Wars. Beast Wars was great, but frankly, I didn't like BM at all. It had better graphics than Beast Wars, but the story was kind of lame (with the exception of Silverbolt).

>best Transformers
Animated is way better

The Low Road. Avoid it like the plague.

>He lived a warrior and died a hero, may his spark find the matrix...the greatest of cybertron

>It's probably the best Transformers series ever made.

But Beast Machines is not a Transformers series, it's about hippie activist mutant emo animals who turn from one mutant animal form to another via meditation

Don't know why they put that Transformers logo there....

Machine Wars was a short lived toyline in the 90s that came out alongside Beast Wars, never had any show or fiction

Nobody likes Beast Machines.

its a pretty amazing show. I really liked it

Beast Machines is shit. The people behind the series were hippie faggots who banned guns from the series and wanted it less reliant on previous continuity. So the action is usually lame and returning characters are all of a sudden out of character. Not to mention the designs are horrible for most of the characters and the cast of characters is small and almost nonexistent. The ending also kinda kills the series.

user, stop samefagging. You're being a Beastwunner.

>anyone i don't like is samefag

go back ====> reddit

I like prime the best fufufufu

Reminder, this is the fag most responsible for ruining Beast Machines

>Bob Skir says that other writers came up with the Vehicon Generals and "all the mystical stuff came from Marty [Isenberg] and I, based on Hasbro's request that we add a "spiritual dimension" to the show". (The phrase "I am transformed" comes from Hasbro too) The overall arc of the series also came from Skir and Isenberg "based on many conversations with Hasbro, Mainframe, Fox, and us".[8] Hasbro was quite keen on the spiritual tone out of a desire to try something new with the franchise, while Skir felt Nature versus Tech was an obvious theme but he felt that was a lazy cliche and the show should be about a balance between the two. (The technorganic characters helped him argue this)[9] He merrily went all-out with the spiritual aspect, expecting Hasbro to change their mind but he found they liked it and asked for more![10] It was Hasbro itself who said "hey, what if someone turned into a plant?" as part of their drive to stretch the franchise to its limits. [11]

>Our heroes use their wiles and resourcefulness, plus a few cool weapons. Guns? I've never been a fan of them myself, and do not write heroes who need them."

Most of the ideas you hate look like are to be blamed on Marty Isenberg or Hasbro.

Marty Isenberg, why does that name sound familiar... didn't he work on another show where the good guys "don't need guns"? Hmmm, what was the name of it, I just can't remember...

I like the weird mid 2000s cg of it.

2nd half of episode 2
The Web
Call of the Wild
Dark Voyage
Law of the Jungle

No, this episode is required viewing.

here, Beast Machines is one of the most disliked shows in the fandom and has been for a long time. I don't like it, I never liked it, it's find if you do but don't run around pretending it hasn't mostly been hated by the majority of TF fans for both the show and the crappy toyline

Also, as far as being a "Beastwunner" goes, I like every iteration of TF shows aside from Beast Machines and the Unicron Trilogy to some extent, so you're incorrect there too.

I'd even argue the Unicron Trilogy post Armada is a lesser evil than Beast Machines because it had some better toys, while good toys in BM were few and far between.

I can see why nobody bought that shit.

Is it though? Where are all the Animated wunners?

>Marty Isenberg, didn't he work on another show where the good guys "don't need guns"?
A-Amp it up, Action Man?

Isenberg is terrible, but he co-wrote with Skir, and Skir called most of the shots on bad decisions on Beast Machines and later worked on Transformers Prime.

>I can see why nobody bought that shit.

Those flipformers were literally no different than the early BW flipformers, same exact spring loaded transformation and same articulation...though BW figures tended to have better paint apps

But yeah, as a whole the toyline was fairly outdated for the time it came out in since most of the large figures compared to the larger Beast Wars figures paled in comparison, I had some of them and liked them for the novelty, as a G1 fan who grew up when only G2 figures were available, I always liked any chance I got to get my hands on "old school" seeming Transformers, which is why I loved RiD so much even though the show was Jap crap

>Is it though? Where are all the Animated wunners?
Most people on Sup Forums are 90s kids, give it time, I've seen plenty of youngins hate on Beast Wars for being outtaded and NOTMUH, couple more years tops before there are more people like that who grew up with Animated or Prime, primarily

I'd argue Hasbro and Mainframe were just as guilty as Skir was, if anything.

There should be a Beast Wars miniseries based on them before they came to Earth, to bridge the gap between it and G1

>I can see why nobody bought that shit.
It had its place, don't forget how much of the fandom wryyy'd "Trukk Not Mukky". It had a purpose and the toyline delivered to a niche demographic

>I always liked any chance I got to get my hands on "old school" seeming Transformers, which is why I loved RiD so much
But more than half the line of RiD were repacks from older shows
All Spy Changers: G2 Go-bot molds
Brave Maximus: G1 Fort Max
Skid-Z/Tow-Line: Machine Wars molds
Predacon mooks: TM2 BW Molds
Scourge: G2 mold
Commandos: G1 mold

>Where are all the Animated wunners?
>"a show isn't good if it doesn't have an autistic fandom"
What kind of retarded logic is this? Animated fans aren't autistic fucks like G1 and BW's

Will we ever get a new Beast Wars? Ever?

Prime-verse would be fitting here.

An Animated-like universe would more fitting.

Hmmm, yer right. Though I saw Primal's animated head (here renamed Major Prime).

Weird on many levels. Other models however were sweet.

Bill Forster can't draw Animated style.

That one isn't official.

Thank God.

Also Cheetor looks sweet in Animated style.

It's official, it was in the Allspark Almnac

AKA "who put all this shitty fucking fan fiction in my book of character models?"

I like it but it was never fully realized and that hurts it, it's one of the only TF shows that never properly ended.

>Decepticons are all captured to face punishment for their crimes
>Earth and Cybertron saved
>returning Autobots hailed as the heroes they were always meant to be

It had a perfect ending, fuck off.

>rushed as fuck season finale
>"perfect ending"
Retard

Reminder that instead of any of this the writers instead decided Human Error needed to be a two parter.

so did you start watching it yet OP?

Source? This actually looks cool as fuck

>But more than half the line of RiD were repacks from older shows

That is precisely my point, for being young still in the early 00s that was the first second chance to get any of those molds since the early 90's, without paying out the asshole at import shops for originals or not scrounge for used ones from second hand shops and garage sales

I could actually get old molds in good condition and afford them with whatever measly allowance I had, and that ruled for me as a kid who grew up on G1 when it was teetering out

Not to mention, some of the new paint jobs were pretty badass

Still better than transmetal Primal.

beast wars is awesome but the CG is dated. story is really good.
some episodes can be placed anywhere but you do yourself a favor by watching the whole thing.

personaly, id say DONT watch beast machine.

I'm halfway through Season 1, really liking the writing so far, it's a pretty fun show.

It just feels a bit weird though, they keep talking about the WAR and GALACTIC CONQUEST, but it sounds kinda silly when there's like, five dudes on each side. Is it implied that there is actually an on-going conflict that includes much more robots out there in the galaxy, or is each side of the conflict really composed of just the characters we see in the show?

Did they talk about protoforms yet?

>it sounds kinda silly when there's like, five dudes on each side
Yeah. It was not a war. Beast Skirmishes

Also remember there's a bunch of Energon on the planet. They believe that it can be used by their respective side to for whatever their goals are(conquest, in the case of the Predacons,)

You could say it was gorilla warfare.

Yeah, both the Tiger and the Black Window have showed up already, but from my understanding those protoforms were released from Primal's ship during their battle with the Predacons in first episode.

I know there are more robots in the show than the starting cast, what I'm wondering is if there are more "teams" for each side out in space fighting the war, or if the entirety of the Predacons and the Maximals is what we see in the show.

I remember Optimus saying something about their ship being an exploration vessel and they were only tasked with bringing down the Predacon ship because they were the closest vessel available, which makes me think there are other ships around the galaxy, but they haven't touched on the subject, at least up until where I'm at.

Literally just watched an episode with that title.

>Hasbro was the one that wanted Botanica
>Didn't make a toy of her
What was the thing they wanted? A buff dude who turns into a cactus monster?

Primal lays out the backstory vaguely in the first episode; both sides were at peace after a "Great war"(which wasn't intended at the time, but lines up perfectly, with meaning the war in the first Transformers cartoon), with any sort of action breaking the delicate balance between both sides. Megatron's team of Predacon criminals, acting outside the governing body of the Preds, stole a Maximal artifact and escaped using a Predacon ship, giving the impression that the Predacons as a whole were attacking, which would lead to massive repercussions.

I see, so they're really just small teams from a much larger governing hierarchy. That's cool, thanks for the clear up.

You can't get away with this monkey business.

>I'm halfway through Season 1, really liking the writing so far, it's a pretty fun show.
If you've ever seen ReBoot you know the show gets a lot better as it goes on. Pretty much the same deal here.

Who's your favorite character so far?

Well, Primal is, but Megatron is explicitly not which will become a plot point later on, though not exploited as much as it could be admittedly

I don't know, I'm surprised at how likeable most of the characters are so far.

Rattrap had some really fun subplots, and I like Dinobot a lot too. And yeah, unfortunately I already know about the big spoiler involving him, since it's one of the most talked about moments in the show, so I accidentally came by it when looking up info on the show.

Yeah Rattrap and Dinobot are probably one of the most liked characters on the Maximal side. People like Waspinator too, for reasons I believe should already be apparent.

Waspinator is entertaining, but Tarantulas is so far my favorite Predacon, I'm a sucker for mad scientists.

Also I'm surprised at the level of violence in this, people straight up getting impaled and decapitated (even though it's never really fatal), and the detail is impressive too; for an early CGI show they sure do enjoy detailing all the battle damage and scars for almost every single fight.

I never saw the reasons to like Waspinator.

Its ok when its done to robots

Kid appeal characters.
They appeal to kids.

I think there is a bit of black humor involved with Waspinator's popularity as well

Hes a poor sap who has to eat everyone's shit yet still tries.

Also puts everyone over because he's a fantastic hand.

Yeah the black comedy is what I was referring to. poor guy can never catch a break.

So, when I'm done with this, should I really completely ignore Beast Machines? The designs/animation seems pretty neat, is the writing really so bad that makes it unwatchable or is it just inferior to Beast Wars?

It's mostly just butthurt from childhood for a lot of people. Give it a chance, if anything watching it all at once is the better format than once a week.

In my opinion Beast Machines is complete crap, and a stain on and unfortunate ending for the G1 cartoon continuity line.

That being said I would still recommend watching it, ultimately it's always better to make up your own opinion than follow the opinion of other people blindly. On top of that, who knows, you'd be someone who's a new fan or at least a new Beast Wars fan going into it, not somebody who was there back in the day viewing it so you might have a completely different reaction to it than others had who watched it back when it aired, and even if you too didn't like it you would at least have an understanding of why it was bad compared to Beast Wars.

Beast Wars very much ends on a cliffhanger, so every couple years or so that I decide to re watch it, I usually feel like watching Beast Machines too afterward, even though I loathe it, but that's just me. I have fun with hating it in a way now that it's all water under the space bridge, so to speak.

That's very civil of you guys. I'll give it a chance when I'm done with this, then.

>G1 Decepticons sink in lava and live
>Great Upgrade promises smaller and more durable bodies
>Terrorsaur dies in lava
Explain this

Terrorsaur is a bitch

In Transformers, characters only truly die for plot...how many times have characters seemed to have died but later been easily put back together? It is what it is, Transformers as a whole has always required an ability to suspend disbelief to enjoy.

He and Scorponok are just encased in rock, waiting for someone to dig them out thousands of years later.

CGI budget costs. They needed to keep the cast relatively small. They were going to kill Waspjnator, but he was a fan favorite. So they decided to kill the other two.

Because the G1 Decepticons could be beaten by fire retardant foam.

Terrorsaur and Scorponok were redundant anyway.

It's the only legitimately good TF cartoon.

Don't let 80sfags fool you into thinking their shitty toy commercial is god's gift to man.

Terrorsaurs death did not bother me in the slightest, as he lived on as a Transmetal in my toy adventures

G1 was good, but I'll put that aside
>Beast Wars is the only good TF show
>Ignoring Animated and Prime
You are as biased as any Geewunner was, fuck off you nostalgic 90's kid furry faggot. I adore Beast Wars but I could make just as many criticisms as you could about Animated or Prime if I WANTED to, you dumb faggot. Go drink your Koolaid Squeezits you bought of Ebay and act like Crash Bandicoot is the greatest game ever while you watch 90s commercial compilations on youtube.

Animated was "eh". The animation and scripts felt too "clunky" at times.

Even if Prime is that good, no way in hell is it as good as BW.

>Beastfags are this delusional

>Animated
>As good as Beast Wars.

Prime has flaws, as does Beast Wars and Animated if you want to make them, and half the things people will bitch about is personal preference anyway like "I DUN LIKE CARZ" or "ITS 2 KIDDY" or "ITZ 2 DARK"

Good TF media:
G1
Beast Wars
Animated
Prime

Take it or leave it TF media:
Rescue Bots
RiD 2015

SHIT TF media:
Beast Machines
RiD 2000
Armada
Energon
Cybertron
Beast Wars II
Beast Wars Neo
Everything Japanese honestly

Since we're being objective here and stating our opinions as fact, my facts are better than yours fuckboi.

One major reason BW is the best TF show is due to the factor that there were no insufferable human shits to ruin things.

BW is not even that good. It's "really" good compared to G1. It's pretty much nothing compared to Animated or Prime.

>As good as Beast Wars.
Of course isn't. It's better in every single way

Weak shitposting, beastfag

You're right.

I just love bland human characters stealing the focus on the transforming robots we actually give a shit about for half the episode.