Other urls found in this thread:

statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/EL/htm/EL.61.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=XrVCnFiWENk
nypost.com/2016/03/03/why-85000-people-are-calling-for-bill-clintons-arrest/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump.
Spread this shit!

Nice source you got there.

Is it really illegal to wear campaign gear to go into the voting station?

your not allowed to wear clothes supporting either candidate

sage

I'm sure that was only the beginning to this story.

no

it could be construed as advertising for one candidate, which you aren't allowed to do within a certain amount of distance from the polls

If his face is any indication he was caught red handed

I mean, it's illegal to wear any campaign clothing or signs to the polling place so I don't doubt this...

I doubt they arrested him on that basis alone. He was probably told to remove his political paraphernalia and then chimped out like a nigger

But regardless, he broke the law.

NO.

The only way to be arrested was to harass other voters for voter intimidation. He was more than likely talking shit about Hillary and yelling that Trump was going to save us all. That is illegal.

You can wear whatever you want.

What if it's my only clean T-shirt?

go do laundry. dress in your sunday best to give the finger to the democrats

Guess what? Different states have different laws. But in general, "electioneering" is prohibited within a certain distance of the polling place. Coming into the polling place wearing all your regalia would likely qualify. You would not get arrested for it, unless you were stupid and belligerent about it and refused to abide by the rules once they were explained to you. Which I am certain that fine gentleman did not do.

I've worked voting booths before. You're not allowed within a certain distance of the polling station with promotions for one side or the other.

Usually we just ask you to turn your shirt inside out or put the button/sign/hat in your car.

You can't advertise your vote at a polling place. Texas cops doing their jobs.

We just ask you to turn it inside out.

The US should really reconsider how it conducts its elections.
Everything I've seen during this year would be scandalous anywhere else.
NO it's not okay to advertise for a candidate at a voting booth or at voter registration.
Anyone who does this compromises the voting process.
This goes for both sides.

EVERY polling place clearly states that you are not to wear any political buttons, hats, shirts, etc. into the polling place. It's the law.

statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/EL/htm/EL.61.htm

Sec. 61.003. ELECTIONEERING AND LOITERING NEAR POLLING PLACE. (a) A person commits an offense if, during the voting period and within 100 feet of an outside door through which a voter may enter the building in which a polling place is located, the person:

(1) loiters; or

(2) electioneers for or against any candidate, measure, or political party.

[...]

(1) "Electioneering" includes the posting, use, or distribution of political signs or literature.

I think i speak for all us texans when i express my deepest apologies.

This. More power to you if you want to show off your political leanings, but don't do it at a voting place.

Damn shame, since it's Texas he will get the firing squad too

Poll worker in Texas here.

Yes, it's illegal to wear campaign slogans within 100 feet of the voting area. You need to put on a jacket or take off the hat.

In order to ACTUALLY GET ARRESTED for doing it, you would have to splerge the FUCK out for 10+ minutes about how you know your rights before

1) The workers recognize you won't listen
2) They call the police
3) The police show up and can't take you out of fucking yourself over

Texan police do not make a habit of arresting "independent minded" people that feel they have free speech, etc. Especially hicks voting Trump.

This guy had to be a gigantic fuckup to actually get arrested for this.

But what if I've already done the rotation of turning everythign inside out on all my clothes?

I don't know about TX but in MI you are not allowed so much as a button within the polling place, and every polling place has a marked perimeter, like twenty-five feet (or in practice across the parking lot), and all signs and t-shirts must stay on that side of the line. I agree with this by the way, it's part of the secrecy of the ballot and respect for the process. You can campaign your heart out two minutes' walk away but not inside the actual polling place.

kek

Then you need to own more clothes or do more washing, you slob.

> anywhere else

yeah yeah, shut your french yap. like the elections aren't rigged in belgium, which isn't even a nation

Depends on the state. A lot of places don't allow signs or clothing shilling for any candidate. It's been like this for a long time.

You cannot carry fucking signs or hand out shit to others. That's the election rules. You can wear your pins, your hats, your shirts. You cannot tell people who to vote for, or they are wrong to vote for X.

I don't understand why people feel they have to lie about these things

Even slobs have rights.

And I don't want to hear any criticism of an American from a country that has a history of buying votes with beer.

Even though the Belgian government is one of the worst structures ever built by man, the elections are not rigged.

You are wrong and if you tried to shout at the election workers about how you know the law better than them, then we will see your mugshot in another hilarious redneck-asserts-his-rights thread

he could probably vote shirtless

Yes it is. Do not do it. I am working this election and support Trump but I will turn people away with any gear on ---- and wink at Trump bros and whisper MAGA ----

Just leave it at home or if you are asked throw it back in your car.

bump
Don't let them do this to us.

>Make America Great Again
>Deplorable

where in there does it say "VOTE TRUMP"?

WRONG.

There's usually more to these type of stories than the headline would lead you to believe.

its Klyk Bate

In some states, yes.

In my great state (Commiefornia), it's considered a misdemeanor.

No candidate affiliated logos or slogans. Just follow the fucking rules and vote for him you shitter.

This is why you're supposed to wear Red

That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard

Fake and gay

You can turn your clothes and be stinky for democracy user.

AM I BEING DETAINED?

>yet this is ok

youtube.com/watch?v=XrVCnFiWENk

nypost.com/2016/03/03/why-85000-people-are-calling-for-bill-clintons-arrest/

certain words are illegal, but showing up in a
>NABLA hat
and
>Pedobear shit
isn't. what a great time to be alive

if you insist

I thought it was like this in majority of countries?

WEAR RED
>WEAR RED
WEAR RED
>WEAR RED
WEAR RED
>WEAR RED
WEAR RED
>WEAR RED
WEAR RED
>WEAR RED

Yeah I live in commiefornia too so I'll avoid it. Thanks for the info

The fuck is NABLA? Are you thinking of NAMBLA?

its illegal in most states to visibly express who you are voting for or show who you voted for. Showing who you voted for is a federal offense so this guy is going to get 10-20 years easy for being a trump supporter.

I plan on bringing extra shirts when I go vote, for people that may have ignorantly wearing Trump garb. I implore you all to do the same.

I have a feeling this won't be a last time.