Adventure Time

Four new episodes airing on Sunday, September 17th! comicbook.com/tv-shows/2017/08/28/adventure-time-new-episodes-september/

“The Wild Hunt” – A fierce creature is terrorizing the Candy Kingdom but before Finn can slay the beast, he must first overcome a guilty conscience.
“Always BMO Closing” – BMO and Ice King hit the road as door-to-door salesmen and stumble upon an irresistible opportunity.
“Son of Rap Bear” – When Flame Princess is coaxed into a high stakes battle against the indomitable Son of Rap Bear, Finn must help her search for a new strategy.
“Bonnibel Bubblegum” – A long lost artifact causes Princess Bubblegum to harken back to the creation of the Candy Kingdom.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WENre45f13c
twitter.com/tatunootosigo1/status/737637786702860288
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Four new episodes airing on Sunday, September 17th!

What? Why sunday?

I'm hyped for Bonnibel Bubblegum

Nice. We didn't have to wait too long this time around.

The quicker they come the quicker the end. Really gonna miss AT.

Anyway Wild Hunt and Bubblegum sound hype, BMO and Ice King should be funny, the Flame Princess rap episode will likely be an atrocity but at leas the others are cool.

>Four new episodes
Based.
>One of the episodes is a Flame Princess rapping episode
Oh for fucks sake, why do they keep doing this? It's one thing to have these episodes when you're guaranteed another season, but there's literally only a few episodes left. Does somebody in that production team actually like them?

>Does somebody in that production team actually like them?
Yeah, Xayaphone does. He and Kim boarded the episode and wrote all the rap songs.

I'll watch The Wild Hunt and Bonnible Bubblegum, and that's it.

>implying BMO/IK won't be the comedic duo of the century

>Finn must help her

?

Why does he, *have* to help FP?

Finn defeated Rap Bear, so it makes sense that FP would want help from him to prepare for a rap battle against his son.

He's helping her with something trivial. The writers are making him seem pathetic

It's just supposed to be a fun episode about rap. Stop crying and lighten up.

>The Wild Hunt

God, I just want to end the season on a high note and romantic subplots have just been a mire of shit so far.
But I really really really really really sitll want Finn to be happy with Huntress Wizard. Is that too much to ask of the writers? Just a hint that he'd be happy with her before the series ends?

>an 11-muite episode with NINE RAP SONGS

J U S T

I hope they tease something between Finn and HW

It better end how The Wild Hunt ends.

youtube.com/watch?v=WENre45f13c

We all know how is it going to end

Except that Phoebe's rap is painful to listen.

The thumbnail makes it look like he is about to be eaten by some monster.

I'm in the same boat as you, user. I hope he ends up with HW or give some kind of hint.

Fuck, even the Enchiridion shows that a hero without a wizard is nothing.

IIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIILLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE YYOOOUUUUUU JJJJJJJEEEESSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIISTTTTT

What am I looking at

Get hype for the ultimate OTP

In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

>GRASSEDfags got weed whacked
>the first episode has Fintress

2017 is a godsend

i'm pretty sure the episode is gonna be shit but how the hell is Finn helping a friend do something make him seem pathetic in any way
are you retarded?

1. a rap battle is
a) beneath him
b) outside his wheelhouse
2. helping your ex because you "have to" is some weak shit

Finn does dumb shit like rap battles all the time, it's not beneath him at all
and the phrasing isn't making it seem like he has to help FP because he's indebted to her or something, she's his friend (not just his ex) and he wants to help her, and because he wants to help her he "must" do whatever he's doing to help her out

I can't believe that one word set you off so badly

>1. a rap battle is a) beneath him
Uhh, are you forgetting the episode where he rap battles Rap Bear?

>2. helping your ex because you "have to" is some weak shit
Finn's a hero, he helps people for all sorts of reasons. Not to mention she's his friend, why wouldn't he want to help her? This is some ass backwards logic.

The exact wording was this btw
>Finn must help her search for a new strategy.

Jumping through hoops for someone who dumped you. That's how.

doing a favor for a friend is what's actually happening. Finn got over FP and this doesn't sound any more out of the blue than something he would do for any of his other friends.

at most I guess you could see it as beta that Finn is even still friends with FP but that's about it

>doing a favor for a friend
>Finn must help her
Try again

see >and because he wants to help her he "must" do whatever he's doing to help her out
Finn isn't beholden to FP, he wants to help her because she is his friend. thus because he wants to help her, he "must" do this thing to help her. this is not a hard thing to grasp.

Finn is a hero, he has to help everyone

>Finn is a hero, he want's to help everyone

>Finn is a cuck, he want's to be cucked by everyone

fixed for you

>t. mega cuck

(You)

>Always BMO Closing
Literally season 6 tier. I really hope this episode answers questions otherwise these "filler" episodes really make the brevity of this season inexcusable. I was under the impression the AT team was only writing episodes that matter, which resulted in such a short season.

>40 posts in and the cuckposters have already arrived
ABANDON THREAD

There's, like, only one cuckfag here.

>episodes that matter
face it, there's no such thing in AT. the 'filler' and the 'arcs' are equal in importance.

Ice King is in it, so I have a strange and wonderful feeling that we'll receive Ice King suffering.

Hnnnng I need more Marceline hairstyles.

They're airing at 7PM, since OP forgot to post the time.

I'm sure it will be much more entertaining than the rap episode even if it doesn't really need to exist
I agree though, the time for shenanigans like these has passed if they wanted to try and wrap a majority of the stuff up. Looks like they're content to say fuck it and do what they want all the way until the end, which I can respect in a way but is also pretty unsatisfying.

>What? Why sunday?

Vishnu.

Yeah, its weird. First time Adventure Time aired new episodes on a Sunday. I think the only other days they aired new episodes was on Mondays and Saturdays.

And Thursdays.

And one more thing: get ready to see the episodes on the app two days before their premiere.

Don't you dare hyping me up like that.

I know, it probably won't happen. But the upcoming leaked pics aren't gonna help us with the hype.

>It's another Finntress episode
>It's another Finn gets cucked episode
>It's another lorefaggotry episode

At least we'll get some more BMO

Season 5 ended years ago.

They're burning it off, be grateful if they air it at all next year.

>The Wild Hunt is a Sam Alden episode (likely with Polly Guo)
>Always BMO Closing is a Graham Falk episode
>Son of Rap Bear is that rapping episode that Seo and Xayaphone did
I wonder who's doing Bonnibel Bubblegum: Tom and Steve, or Hannah K and Aleks?

Sup Forums bitching about AT is the funniest shit because the show has done so many retarded things but the complaints mostly look like this

>The Wild Hunt is a Sam Alden episode (likely with Polly Guo)

It's boarded by Sam Alden and Erik Fountain

Erik (the show's storyboard supervisor)'s been tagged on storyboard panels on the kingofooo blog before (as like directors, board supervisors often have additional boards and revisions).

>Test of Loyalty
Cool, is that gonna be between Finn and Fern or something with HW I wonder.
And HW with a spear is really interesting and fits her like foresty/tribal aesthetic.

Test of Loyalty is a comic made by Sam. It's under the sheet of paper with the HW fanart.

twitter.com/tatunootosigo1/status/737637786702860288

saucy

woah
there's no hope

No hope for what?

Get outta here, a BMO/Ice King episode sounds great. I'm glad we're getting some fun episodes and it's not gonna be non-stop plot.

This.

They're selling this as an "Hour-Long Special", but really they're just cramming episodes together so they don't have to air it weekly and let TTG have more slots.

How many episodes are left anyway? It can't be many.

counting these four? 16 (unless there's any half hour specials)

16 episodes plus something extra, which is odd because they recorded the finale in January.

Why don't they just start airing the remaining episodes weekly starting late September? It would last til around early January. CN clearly doesn't give a shit, so why not burn them off?

Because the animation isn't done yet.

The final storyboard pitch took place in December, and an episode usually takes 9 months to make, so all the episodes should be finished by late September/early August. That's why I think it'll probably end before 2018.

Maybe they reworked some of the cancelled AT movie ideas into a TV special. More likely it's going to be literally nothing, but I can dream.

Grassfags will soon be purged and all artists will be forced to draw best ship or parish

feelsgoodman

Maybe a sneak peak for a new series set in the same world?
Who am I kidding? With Christina and that Indian, it would never see the light of day.

Would posters want to see a sequal/spin off show?

I guess it might be fun, considering the slow tonal change in AT means they can't do fun happy-go-lucky episodes as well as the places they took the characters (DESU I'm not a fan of really any of the character development since season 2 or 3).

Maybe the could make the main character a detective, that might be fun.

>AT writers
>writing episodes that matter
Oh user

>Bonnibel Bubblegum
Really hyped for more Marcy here!

>all these plebs who don't know the true OTP

Hyped for TWH and BB.
I still can't believe there's only 16 episodes left...

PB has had plenty of focus without Marcy, it's the reverse that's the problem. I don't think Marcy will be in the episode at all, but it could be cool if we saw a brief glimpse of their friendship before their falling out.

>a hole's a hole

>

>not wanting another Ice King/BMO episodes after the sweetness that was President Porpoise Is Missing

I came here to post that

nice

>ship fuel
>comic filler
>cringe ship fuel
>heavy lore
not too bad desu

>guilty conscience

over what?

Finn killed Fern by accident. Then again, Fern went nuts and decided to lock Finn inside a dungeon just to steal his identity.

just got caught up with this series and honestly she is top tier cute

I think the Son of Rap Bear episode is more about giving closure to Finn and FP's relationship. We had Bun Bun which was nice, but we haven't seen them hanging out as friends at all outside of that. People are hating on it already because of the rap, and I fully expect it won't be good, but I'm still really glad that it exists.

Same with Always BMO Closing. I know it's a "filler" episode, but after President Porpoise, this episode feels necessary in a way. It would've been a shame had they not followed up on what looked to be a blossoming friendship between the two.

It's a shame that people are writing these episodes off as not important, or think that the writers are wasting precious time, because I feel the exact opposite. These episodes prove to me that the AT crew have done their utmost to bring closure to all the characters, and tried to leave nothing they wanted to do on the table.