Why has Sup Forums sprouted so much intelligent discussion lately...

Why has Sup Forums sprouted so much intelligent discussion lately? I've seen some /lit/-tier conversation going on and am extremely content with this.

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/lit/thread/S8338134
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>/lit/ tier
boy oh boy I hope you didn't mean that as a compliment

Last I checked we were covering the topic of Harley's butt, then Star threads became prohibited, and I've only been gone for a couple of days. Did I miss something important?

>/lit/ tier
Oh wow. Our conversations are better than one of the worst boards on the website.

>Sup Forums
>intelligent discussion
>/lt/-tier
There's so much wrong with this.

you're skewing the curve towards the stupid side

>one of the worst boards on the website.
/lit/ isn't anywhere as bad Sup Forums or Sup Forums.

Alright alright I'll post it

/lit/ is basically Sup Forums but with books.
Extremely pretentious, limited amount of media related to the board is actually discussed, and just as elitist.
There are interesting and insightful discussions to be had but the same can be said of any board at random times.
Its a godawful board in light of what its dedicated to.
Honestly i think nobody should even bother to bring up Sup Forums, /r9k/, or Sup Forums anymore as "worst boards" because theyre so goddamn normie infested anybody thats not a newfag automatically puts them out of mind like fucking Sup Forums.

Does Sup Forums even know?

holy fuck. I don't know if I can ever go back...

>/lit/
>Intelligent discussion

kek

citation needed

seems like the cancerous parts of the fanbases are currently in hiatus. But then again, it seems that they're not as severe as previous years. I mean, the Pickle Rick threads stopped getting spammed much, and there's about a dozen or so of them the past week; compare it to when Star broke up with Marco.

Then again this could be the calm before the storm, a show will release a controversial or highly memeable episode, and the shitposting begins like the fire rises.

Sup Forums is honestly better now than it was in 2014-15. There's much less "muh tumblr" shitposting when back then that shit was a third of the catalog. Now the biggest issue on the board is waifufags.

Rick and Morty shitposting is already so saturated that nothing the show could feasibly do could make it worse.

mods=gods

The fuck...... I didn't know /lit/ is tumblr but for non-sjw reasons

>/lit/-tier
Yeah, I too noticed that this board is more horrible than usual recently.

What I never really got is why people believe that everyone is supposed to know about Diamond. They are really only a thing in America, they don't operate anywhere else. And in terms of sale numbers, America isn't really more important than France or Germany.

The only way to get comics in the UK (that i know of) is through Diamond
And they've never gotten an order correct

I've seen a lot of people complain about Sup Forums posters lately. Is that what you mean?

>/lit/ tier
I remember the one time I tried to make a thread there.
warosu.org/lit/thread/S8338134
Look at that second response.
How much of a stick in the mud could a person possibly be.

I get my dating advice from /lit/.

Is this thread a Sup Forums false flag?

Summer is ending.

Are there actually any good boards? Every single on I've been to are either elitist or degenerate, and sometimes both

if you can handle the autism /tg/

>Sup Forums is pretentious and elitist like /lit/
Haha, I wish. Neo-Sup Forums has daily discussions about shit pop music and pop rap, or whatever pitchfork is plugging. There is even posters who actively make fun of people who try to listen to 'poser' or 'obscure' music, which has made the breadth of topics go down the toilet. Old Sup Forums pretty much circlejerked only a select few albums, but at least there could be variety from time to time. I wish Sup Forums would be elitist again.

listen to this haughty cunt.

>/r9k/
>Sup Forums
>too normie

I am convinced most of their denizens are clinically insane

They have worse company wars then fucking Sup Forums

/aco/
/y/

Fuck, that's depressing.

Why do people hate Sup Forums so much?

What could be so bad about a tv and movies board

/r9k/ isn't normie. It's literally all wizard apprentices and the one fembot thread that nobody there takes seriously.

Sup Forums WASN'T normie but residual CTR forces never left after the election and every two-bit journalist with no leads lurks on Sup Forums hoping they can be the first to publish a buzzfeed article about the clinically insane toad-licking Nazi that busts a nut and bludgeons a politician to death with a frozen sock full of his "White Tadpoles of Justice".

poor girl.

I tend to browse both boards pretty equally, but /lit/ is seriosuly much better than Sup Forums
>actual discussion of ideas and themes in literature
>political shit flinging is way less
>doesn't devolve into "muh waifu" in every thread, actually stays on topic most of the time

Sup Forums is so full of political shitflinging and off-topic discussion is astounding. On top of that, people tend to me more extreme and less welcoming with their opinions here.
I'm sorry, but /lit/ is just better than Sup Forums most of the time

if Sup Forums had lit's elitism the board would be better, it's mostly lowest common denominator trash here

>blames CTR for Sup Forums's shitiness

found the Sup Forumstard

could've fooled me

I didn't say /tg/ was perfect, just that it was 'good' - i.e. better than most boards.

>/lit/-tier
Sup Forums will never be /lit/-tier because people here actually read comics and watch cartoons and don't just pretend to do these things to make themselves seem smarter. If you actually browse through /lit/ you'd see there's almost no real discussion of literature. I just checked the first page and there was only 1 thread with honest literature discussion and it had less than 10 posts. Everything else was either blatantly off topic (Sup Forums, random blog posts, etc) or else just tangentially related without really talking about books. You'd think with there being so many books out there nobody could read them all /lit/ wouldn't even have time to talk about anything else, but that's only if you assume the people there actually read.

A huge chunk of /lit/ are STEMfags who only view reading as a tool for social or material advancement. And a lot of /lit/'s problems come directly from this fact.

All I've seen in the past few months is "muh SJW boogeyman" threads by Sup Forums and Sup Forums crossposters and shitty normiebook tier memeing over Xavier Renegade Angel and now I hardly come here because of it

so yeah sure that's about /lit/ tier I'd say

>co/ will never be /lit/-tier because people here actually read comics and watch cartoons and don't just pretend to do these things to make themselves seem smarter
That's blatantly most of Sup Forums is composed by Sup Forums and Sup Forums cross posters who to pretend to read comics to get outraged every time they see a page that offends their political sensibilities.
Actual comic discussion is an oddity pretty much limited to storytime threads.

/out/ /k/ and everything just photo related

>then Star threads became prohibited
about fucking time

even storytimes are pretty dead discussion-wise outside of Wednesdays

Sup Forums has ironically enough probably the least amount of underaged tryhards since anyone under 18 is too insecure to watch cartoons

/lit/ is filled with 16yo wannabes who failed english class

you're joking, right? this is just really weak bait?

good boy genius episode, really got me thinking about the laws of phisics as a kid.
i agree with you too, the slight decrease in shit spewing is a little refreshing, probly won't last long though. its just the end of summer

>A huge chunk of /lit/ are STEMfags who only view reading as a tool for social or material advancement. And a lot of /lit/'s problems come directly from this fact.
This. It becomes blatantly obvious the moment one tries to start a more in-depth discussion on something (e.g. a philosopher's work), only to find that all the supposed fans of said philosopher haven't read any of the numerous, influential texts created as a response to or analysis of the work. Does /lit/ really expect me to believe they "get" a topic if they've only ever read the big names, and only once at that?

>blatantly most
>*blatantly false,

I mean a lot of threads have derailed into discussion on real world shit. The Clarissa thread the other day became full discussion on abuse and the b8 thread of R&M became a discussion on the nueroscience behind sexual development in the brain and AI sex robots. Lately the threads haven't eveb been very Sup Forums related but I'm not complaining because it's been highly entertaining and educational.

Racism scared Sup Forumsmblr away.