New trailer and a release date of September 14th for Hiveswap

New trailer and a release date of September 14th for Hiveswap.
youtu.be/gAEs-NlcRtU

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/818780831/1481863366
hiveswap.com/press-kit
youtube.com/watch?v=1GgGJVInlnc
youtube.com/watch?v=NjQe-JY77Uk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How long until Jewpumpkin does a backflip and delays the game AGAIN? Also predict the ratings.

I'm surprised how well the switch from 3D to 2D worked well, the animation looked smooth as hell.

I seriously wonder if this will even get many reviews. Seems like something that fans would play but will be ignored by the games media.

The animation has gotten better (except for all the shaky cam?), but the music in the trailer is just kinda bad. Still, there is potential here, but we'll find out in two weeks.

Is this shit even canon?

I don't see how that matters

yes.

> doomed timelines
> scratch/resets
> ULTIMATE SELVES
We've gone beyond that question, user. everything is canon

I have no hope, it's not even on the Steam store yet.

Half-life fans BTFO

has there even been a successful Sup Forums based kickstarter?

Statistically speaking, yes.

Still can't find it in Steam. Its only presence is as a "shared file" in the defunct Greenlight part of Steamcommunity.

The Sandra & Woo game is also a webcomic video game, started around the same time as the Hiveswap kickstarter, with less than 10% of the budget, and it is already here with voice-acting. Anyone try it yet?

>This gif
Do you feel like a hero yet?

Yes? Comics get Kickstarted all the time. They usually have pretty low goals as they're planning an extremely low print run hoping that will catch the attention of a publisher. Five Ghosts and Heathen are two that come to mind.

>Mid 2015
HUUUUSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiIIEEEEEEEEEEE

>The animation is still weird and inconsistent
Wew Lad, its only been what 7 years since the kickstarter

5 i think

>The game will be scheduled for release in 2014.
~Homestuck Adventure Game Kickstarter

Pretty sure Steve Lichman started on /tg/. I know that's not Sup Forums but it's close.

Prequel is so successfu Kaz hasn't stopped delivering on his promises

I trust there will be a thread with a torrent link for this crap on the day when it releases?
Wait, sorry. I meant IF it releases

I look forward to the oddgentleman somehow stealing the money they gave back and release the kings quest sequel

>witnesstheabsurd worked on it
Wew lad, WP really went all out outsourcing to tumblr artist

So, are we Sup Forums yet?

There has to be an actal game to be Sup Forums

quality-wise, pretty much

>fans support Kickstarter so Kazerad can work on the comic full-time
>doesn't update a single time in almost 2 years

Thread on Sup Forums just died due to lack of interest.
LOL

Let's see if this will release this time.
And even if it does, this is still just Act 1.

so how long until act 2? 2-3 years?

Theoretically they can use assets since it'll just be the B side of the story where we go back to Earth, but this is Homestuck so Earth will probably get destroyed before Act 2 can start.
If not, then who knows how long it can take since they finally got a studio with it's fucking shit together. But if this flops, I doubt Hussie would keep trying anymore.

>5 years since the kickstarter

Wow, I can't wait to play Act 2 2022.

Yandere Sim should be out by then too.

>everyone was so dissapointed and so much time has passed that only the MOST autistic and diehard faggots will buy the game
>when people actually play it, turns out it feels nothing like good old homestuck days
>sales can't actually cover budget for the next episode
>3 year gap

HS is literally on life support

>5 years since the kickstarter

Wow, I can't wait to play Act 2 in 2022.

Yandere Sim should be out by then too.

lets be real undertale fags will play it because they will think its undertale 2.0

>sales can't actually cover budget for the next episode
I wouldn't be surprised if Radiation is funding this indefinitely.

It's not like there's anything new to talk about, the trailer was mostly stuff we'd seen already.

Ok so which one of us is going to bite the bullet and buy the game so others can pirate it?

We have the TRUE release date :)

>release date of September 14th
i've heard that one before

can't wait to play the full star citizen release before all the hiveswap games are out

(on that note, how are they doing the ''act'' structure? is each one a separate game? is it like telltale games's ''episode'' structure?)

I expect a lot of people will be pirating it.

>...with additional music by: Toby Fox
How much is he actually going to write?

Act I takes place on Alternia while Act II takes place on Earth. Or at least they said so back in 1993.

As long as his name can be used to sell the game. Toby "Sugardaddy" Fox will salvage this shit just by showing up

incredible

so it just has 2 acts?

yeah

It's 4 acts now. At least it was 2 or so years ago.

wtf are the other 2 acts going to be about

How about we address the fact that Joey's animations still look choppy as fuck?

>20k views in an hour
Literally who is interested in Homestuck in 2017?

The 2 Acts were too much so they each got split into two.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/818780831/1481863366

>Hiveswap

It's supposed to be two games, four acts each. Each game is divided into acts so that they can start working on it with a low budget. The story is divided into two games so that they can force the kickstarter backers to buy the second half while technically adhering to their obligations to give backers a game for free.

hiveswap.com/press-kit
>Act 1 is the first of a four-part series set in Andrew Hussie’s Homestuck universe, with a companion series, Hauntswitch, to follow.
HAHAHAHA
8 ACTS
This is never going to be finished.

Kickstarter backers get all 4 games for free

This can't be right, can it? That would mean at least 10 years of development based on what we've seen so far.

I want off this ride.

i honestly can't wait to see how they fuck it up. i don't think i'd be as interested as i am in hiveswap if the devs weren't so likely to fail

Nah, im almost 120% sure they announced on some site, I don't remember if it was on someones twitter, tumblr, HS site or on the fan adventure forum, that they cut the acts down. At first it was 4, and finally they cut it down to 2.

what A FUCKIN DIRTY SLUT!

>The 2 Acts were too much so they each got split into two.

OH MY FUCKIN DAYS

>hiveswap.com/press-kit
So the press kit has false/unreliable information 2 weeks before launch? Oh man, this is going to be a trainwreck with extra shit piled on top.

They get all four *acts* for free. There's two games, four acts each, eight acts total. The second game, the last four acts, backers still have to pay for those.

That's Game 2, not Act 2
Act 2 is Joey's story, part 2

Well, at least it's only 2 weeks instead of an entire month before we find out whether or not it turns out to be bullshit

1M NOT 4 SLUT

Unless there's an Intermission, of course.

>Release date

The trailer music sounds like a really bad version of this song.
youtube.com/watch?v=1GgGJVInlnc

>it's only 2 weeks
not sure about this

8/29-9/14
OK, 2 weeks and 2-3 days, say 2 and a half, then
still a shorter amount of time

Considering they still haven't updated the greenlight page from the last announcement of release in January, and its still not on the main client, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Steam announced that Greenlight was closing in February, I wouldn't be surprised if they let devs already on there know beforehand.

===>[S] ACT 2 INTERMISSION 3 ACT 6: COMMENCE

But i have an other game planned for this day.
youtube.com/watch?v=NjQe-JY77Uk

I'm so inversely-hyped that I don't even think I'm going to play it. I hate it too much.

Who here either baked the kickstarter or participated in the paypall payment right after and thus is going to get the game anyway, whether or not you are still interested because it's already paid for?

Are you going to give thegame a chance?

Megalovania will be hidden deep in the game, and only the first ten seconds.

>matpat will make a homestuck game theory
FUCK

I did, and I will.

Can't be worse than BKEW

>Who here either baked the kickstarter or participated in the paypall payment right after and thus is going to get the game anyway, whether or not you are still interested because it's already paid for?
Unfortunately
>Are you going to give the game a chance?
Not a chance in hell.

>John is Sans?!?

Can't be worse than the petscop video

Is Xefros Actually Papyrus Spelled Backwards? And Other Insane Theories About The New Hit Hiveswap
The Game Theorists
750021 views 39 minutes ago

And then we'll be only one year away from Barkley 2.

To be fair 90% of the reason his videoson are so hated is because of the voice.

If I had to pick a voice to be represent a spoiled, pampered, arrogant, overlyrics inflated ego of a person, it's that.

I still can't believe Andrew Hussie won't be writing the dialogue.
It's obvious that Jude and Joey are going to have back-and-forths over walkie-talkies and that troll internet will be involved somehow. Andrew already proved he's great at that, so why not have him do the script(or at least just the dialogue bits)? Its like having Robocop on your people shooting team but then you decide to get Radno McNobody from accounting to do all the people shooting for you. It's just...bad.

I'll believe it when I see it

Why? It's not like you need to open your wallet again.

The question is, how much will it actually sell outside of that?

Hey, he read over the dialogue to make sure it's up to snuff.
Unfortunately, his definition of snuff is like the dumpster behind Waffle House on a weekend

Hussie's a broken man. He couldn't even draw the end of the comic that he had been working on for seven years. You think he would want to work on Hiveswap?

with infinite universes technically everything is canon

The fuck does he even want to do anymore? Die?