Has there actually ever been a good event in comics

Other urls found in this thread:

whitelippedviper.tumblr.com/post/164738170812/pop-comics-2-dark-nights-metal-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

METAL
THANK YOU BASED SNYDER

The whole Giffen>DnA>Hickman cosmic series is just a series of events with a ton of mini series and changing books. It's literally a huge crossover event that just rolls from one to the nexts and it's glorious

Secret Wars
the first and last

I thought Civil War wasn't too bad

Darkest Night was pretty good too

Ahem

This is the only correct answer.

The original Secret Wars was just a glorified toy ad.
The 2017 one is a fucking wet fart.

Civil War is trash, kill yourself. And it's BLACKEST Night you casual tard.

I hope you know that isnt the good Age of Apocalypse, pic related is the good one.
The one you posted was a Secret Wars tie in.

All of the Green Lantern events.

COIE is the only event that's ever lived up to the hype of its tagline.

>Blackest Fart
>good

Artifacts from the Top Cow universe

Yes, this one.

CoIE is still so fucking good to this day.

>"Blackest Fart"
What are you 5 years old?

CoIE is dogshit. There are some neat moments, but it's mostly "This Superhero dies, that universe is DESTROYED!" the event. It robbed an entire generation of some awesome concepts, characters and universes so we could have a DC Universe where frigging nobody believes a man can fly.

I don't know, is Geoff Johns 5 years old too?

>I thought Civil War wasn't too bad
It was shit, but there was a lot of fun stuff to debate and argue about. Consequences and ethics of registering Superheroes is a fascinating topic.

I read a bretty gud tumblr post tearing this event a new one (no, it has nothing to do with white men or whatever)

What CBR forum post did you copy that canned shit response from? You have such an infantile understanding of things.

>yfw both watchmen and the incredibles covered that topic better, even though they were extremely minor elements to their respective stories

Superheroes being Superheroes and trying to save the world.

Also a great ending for Hal

Fuck it.
Link?

whitelippedviper.tumblr.com/post/164738170812/pop-comics-2-dark-nights-metal-1

I understand your line of thinking, and while I like my DC to be larger than life and full outrageous concepts, I understand why they did what they did at the time. And I think it worked well for them anyway. At least, infinitely better than the dogshit that New 52 was.

Big DC events are always terrible. Give me strrleet level DC any day. Cosmic Marvel are what you read for those things. Unless you mean Kirby, then you can read both.

Original Secret Wars and World War Hulk.

>Brightest Day
>Godhead
>good

Would anyone be interested in a complete COIE storytime, including the preceding material (Crisis on Multiple Earths) and tie-ins?

Awesome, but not an event.

I still haven't read this. I really enjoy obscure high concept Justice League stories like Cosmic Odyssey and Earth2, would I enjoy this?

Cosmic Marvel events
Secret War (2016)
Crisis on Infinite Earths + Final Crisis
Infinity Gauntlet
Not sure if we count 52 as an event
Metal seems bretty good so far

very much so

also read day of judgment

Yep.

this user gets it

No one?

What is this picture
I love the age of apocalypse and have the entire original run

Annihilation

Ok, was wondering
Feel like i need it

Secret Wars mini, only five issues revisiting an AoA type verse
also didn't Lapham write a 2 year series in it?

>Toy ads
>Bad

Kek.
Metal's already falling apart, just give it a few more issues.

>all the super powers from all the heroes are all because of the metal
>guys, what if everyone was batman
>batman is the most important person in the multiverse

Sure, maybe if you're 10.

It's not so much "high concept", but it's a solid story with some good tie-ins and a fantastic end.

someone story time AoA!

Standoff was 10/10, but that's more of a crossover, Then again, it was 5 different books and 2 stand alones, so it could be argued.

Axis wasn't great but it was fun. Honestly, it had some of the best tie-in issues of any event.

Secret Wars was meant to be a toy commercial but ended up a great story of heroes and villains

Crisis on Infinite Earths is just the greatest comic event of all time

Good events for me:
- Crisis on infinite earths, Cosmic Odissey, Underworld, One Million, Our Worlds at War, Infinite Crisis, 52, Final Crisis
-The infinity gauntlet, Infinity war and Annihilation.

and there are some others that I liked (Annihilation conquest, some x-men crossovers, jla/avengers, etc.)

The only events I really liked were:

Crisis on Infinite Earths- Had a nice year long lead in that was done well plus based Wolfman/Perez

Identity Crisis- Some well fleshed out ideas and well written. Didn't have to read every single fookin crossover

Secret Invasion- Finally a story that gave the Skrulls the due respect. Loved every minute of it and loved how Fury disappeared like a year prior to it for a reason.

Those are the only ones I loved. There were some that had good moments but the whole read-em-all standard is cancer.

52- not nu52 but the chronicaling of the 52 weeks without the big three. It was more follow up that event but ...

What about the worst? Fear Itself? Planet Hulk? Amazons Attack?

>What about the worst?
Personally, I rank Darkseid War high on that list. Hosing Darkseid of all villains go through unbirthing and become a baby at the end is a level of bad that is rarely achieved. However, I know some of Sup Forums will still defend it for the Green Lantern tie-in.

Identity Crisis was fucking trash, neck yourself.

That Darkness/Witchblade clusterfuck that finally officially united them and then everything reset.

What??? You like Raisins?!?! How could you?!!
Peel off all of your skin!!

Doesn't even come close to Infinity Gauntlet

>original Secret Wars
>Final crisis
>blackest night
>Forever evil

flashpoint was relatively fun

theres several more those are just the few ive actually read

>nearly every marvel event in the past 5 years has been trash
I did enjoy infinity and the lead up to secret wars though

darkseid war sucked ass.

I dont even want to talk about brightest day.

The main Convergence book was unparalleled hot garbage, but every single one of the tie-ins was decent at worst.

The only events I've ever liked:

Final Crisis (I'm a Morrisonfag)
52 and 52 WW3
Chaos War.
Annihilation and It's sequel Conquest

>52 WW3
Oh come on that was shit.

>I did enjoy infinity
stopped reading right there.

That looks interesting, how do they get out of that jam?

I usually drink the DC kool-aid pretty willingly but I don't think COIE is as good as most people's nostalgia glasses tell them it is. It's really, really heavy on dialogue which gets really exhausting after a while. Some of it is okay but there's also plenty of cringe-inducing '80s chatter. The art is fine. Workmanlike. But the story? The story is terrible. You can tell they were trying to juggle so much and shoehorn everything into working so they could pull off their reset.

I don't dispute how important it was, but it has only aged well due to that importance, not it's quality. The tie-ins were often better.

>Convergence
Not going to lie, I had forgotten about that.

>52 WW3
Really?

Molecule Man

JLA/Avengers is still one of the best marvel/DC crossover events out there. Wonder why they don't really do them so much anymore.

Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Mr. Fantastic uses some Hawkeye arrows, a webshooter, and an Iron Man battery to channel the Human Torch and Captain Marvel's power into Iron Man's armor. Iron Man then blasts half of the mountain away and they all run out.

>Giffen-DnA-Hickman
>Hickman
Am I crazy, or did Hickman have no connection to the Giffen/DnA cosmic stuff?

>Wonder why they don't really do them so much anymore.
Quesada

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

very little

Dark Reign was an awesome era following Secret Invasion

>the last time I was happy with comics in general

COIE
Annihilation

The Darkness and Witchblade had crossed over regularly before. It was just never a giant cross over with Cyberforce, Angelus, Velocity, Aphrodite IX, etc. I enjoyed it a lot. Unfortunately, that also cemented the death of the Top Cow universe. Nothing was able to take off after that

>Identity Crisis

t. Hawkcuck

There's only been one or two complaints about Hawkman and related characters being pushed. Meanwhile Sup Forums goes on whining about the Batwank, anytime this is mentioned.

Marvel doesn't do crossover at all, nowadays.

Meanwhile, DC has a bunch of crossover comics and one low budget parody anime.

everyone is complaining that this has little focus on Hawkman and is focused on Batman instead. That's why it's shit

>Those replies with Secrets Wars.

I didn't know you browse Sup Forums, Shitter.

All of the Hawkcucks are happy to see their b-lister pushed at all. And how does he have little focus, when he's narrating in all of the issues.

kek

Don't judge me

I thought that was the target age for comic books

I feel bad for Flashpoint. It was meant to be a Flash story with some fun alt universe what if tie ins. And idiots in editorial turned it into a massive shitstain upon the history of DC.

His bullshit only referenced his other bullshit. All of which ignored broader Marvel history and logic.

Kraven's Last Hunt is still one of my favorites

>Hickman Wars
>Metal
>good

this Since Quesada got into power, Marvel has been hyper-aggressive. Infamous shit like offering variants to comic stores only if they tear off the covers of DC comics. They also don't filter their employees on social media, so people go on trash-talking rants surprisingly often.

DC is still ultra-chill about everything. If Marvel actually did want to do a crossover I'm certain DC would be down for it.

COIE wasn't responsible for anything except merging universes. Rebooting and reconning stuff was done by later editors.

AoA aged poorly, it was just an excuse to turn everyone into 90's edgelords.

How is that an event?

not an event

No judgement but good judgement, user. X-Cutioner's Song is probably my favorite 90s/post-Claremont X-Men storyline. Stryfe was a bigger ham than Apocalypse, and it was absolutely amazing for it.

That's not an event either.

Anyone ever read DC's "Invasion!" event? I've never heard it mentioned here, in a good or bad context.

Same user, same.

It was an event though.

never heard of it before in my life