Post Animation Oscar winners that didnt deserve it

Post Animation Oscar winners that didnt deserve it.

yes, this shit winning over Princess Kaguya was total bullshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GT1uKsrLKQs
youtu.be/UM2TToB0lrs?t=448
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GT1uKsrLKQs

I mean I liked it but you're right. It was a fun movie but it was about as artistic as a toy commercial. Kaguya on the other hand was stunning.

but hey it's the Oscars you should have expected horseshit going in.

It didn't win, but I couldn't fucking believe Jimmy Neutron got nominated over Waking Life.

After this winning over Secret of Kells i dropped the Oscars.

>in before Laika fags

Secret of Kells was from 2009, three years later.

But yeah, Paprika didn't even make the cut. That whole category is bullshit.

fuck off weaboo

Both good movies, but there were better ones that came out those years.

An abomination. I suppose it's good that they didn't give it to Cars, but still.

>calls OP weaboo
>movie he defends is the weabooest shit disney has ever done.

Brave sucked

>winning over Secret of Kells
I wasn't aware of this and that's fucking infuriating, but I feel like Happy Feet is way older than 2009. I feel like it's, like, 2005.

Really? Who won over SoK? I dont remember but it was bulshit as well.

Happy Feet is legit good.
People think it's all just "lol le meme pengwings"
But it's a real good movie with a lot of visual pizzazz

Doesn't really matter whether they deserved it or not, fact is that the people who don't abstain from voting in the animation category just vote for whatever disney movie their kid wouldn't shut up about.

The whole thing is a farce, honestly if they're not going to treat animation as a medium for anyone, not just children, they may as well just scrap the category all together.

Up.

The Lego movie should have won. It was one of the most innovative animated films in a while.

>Tintin and Tokyo Godfathers didn't even get nominations

Like, what the fuck.

It should have been nominated in the first place. Who did WB piss off at the Academy?

Are there any examples of an animated movie winning an award solely because nothing good came out that year and something had to win it?

Rango.
How did that won over How to Train your Dragon, Song of the Sea AND Tintin (which did not even get a nomination)

Rango is good, but I agree that HTTYD is way better.

Up in no way in hell was the best movie of 2009. It wasnt even the second best.

2011 was hot garbage desu, Rango was the only half decent thing nominated

Fuck your anime, weeb. Lego Movie should've won.

>tfw this bland monstrosity beat Song of the Sea because the Academy don't like "Chinesey shit"

The more time passes the more unremarkable it is.

It wasn't nominated because le toy commercial

t. furfag

2003: it was either Nemo or Brother Bear so that was a obvious winner

Brother Bear is a fucking weird movie, it's like furfag wish fulfilment

That's gonna be this year with Coco

every other movie on the nominees deserved it more than bh6 except for boxtrolls

You forgot about this.

How has this shit not been posted yet?

I can understand BH6, but these 2 films legit good.

Zootopia is good, but frozen is fucking cancer.

>Yet another weeb gets angry his shit animu didn't win the oscar thread

Can we move these to

>Frozen
>Good
Kek

Big Hero 6
Zootopia
Frozen
Brave

These are the big four that cross my mind

The simple fact is that animation isn't considered as a serious artistic medium by most people, animation is treated as fancy things whose appeal will only work on children.

Fuck that movie. Twee bullshit.

It gave us Hiro so it deserved the Oskar.

Animation Oscar is a big joke.
Everytime a Disney movie steals the Oscar to a great movie. I won't say they're bad but a movie like Toy Story 3 winning against L'Illusionniste is like Harry Potter winning against War and Peace. They vote for that movie just because it's the only one they know and the most popular among kids.

Inside Out beat this, somehow.

This movie sucked. I guess they gave it the Oscar to make up for not giving it to the first one, which deserved it way more.

What a shit main character

You never get tired, I give you that.
Nonetheless, the last AA had three western indie movie (Zucchini, Kubo, Red Turtle) completely sidelined by Disney, with no weeb content at all.

This didn't win an Oscar

The judges don't watch the movies, or not all of them. Most of them opt out of voting for the animated category. The others basically pick what ever their kids or grand kids like.

Still salty pic wasn't even nominated, despite being the smartest kid's movie I've seen in years.

The visuals in this movie were astonishing, tho.

It lost to pic related.

That's the true bullshit of that year, not Princess Kaguya losing

Oh, it won the Golden Globe. All those awards are the same to me.

Pic related, what should've won over Brave.

This movie was kind of meh to me. The sister was pretty hot though. Still better than Brave

I don't wanna be that annoying fucker who says 'they just don't get it' but really, they just don't get it. To the Oscar committee, a good animated movie is something that your kid will shut up for an hour to watch repeatedly. There's a severe divide when it comes to live action film and animation and, frankly, I've found that people who work in the live action field genuinely do not get animation in the slightest.

The entire category is a wank fest for Disney and Pixar--they've collectively only lost the Oscar three times out of fourteen. Mainly because the category was made due to Beauty and the Beast having the sheer gall to be nominated for Best Picture. They couldn't have that shit because as I said: they don't get animation. It's 'kids stuff' and they'll be damned if they let some 'kid movie' beat out whatever whiny circlejerking angstfests have been nominated for Best Picture.

Well that's just endemic to all of the Oscar categories. If its not in English, you usually won't see it get nominated (except if its like a short film, because there's not enough professionally published short films and short animations to only pick from English ones).

The Tsunami scene in The Red Turtle really brought me to tears. What did Zootopia had that made it better?
youtu.be/UM2TToB0lrs?t=448

Big Hero 6 is the definition of a mediocre movie. Only memorable thing about it was Gogo's design.

>movie talks about fate and destiny in a grandiose manner that inspires awe and wonder
>a movie about her mom turning into a bear

Fuck this movie

How To Train Your Dragon lost to Toy Story 3

>a movie about her mom turning into a bear
Better than the girl power movie it was advertised as at least.

The uncanny vally humans alone should have made this unable to win.

Barely. I expected some sort of adventure at least but it's the most pedestrian, boring plotline ever

Thats something you see more with the emmy award for songs in animation.

2011 also had Kung Fu Panda 2 though.

Frozen was good in spite of many flaws.
That makes it a poor choice for awards.

>Liking Chinese fucking shit

That's not even the best Stop motion animated movie of 2009.

Honestly that was a good year for stop motion animation.

And I'm not sure who I should be mad at, IFC Films for giving it a nearly Straight to DVD release in the states, the academy for not even nominating it, or myself for following the Hollywood circlejerk

War and peace is a fucking terrible book and I wager the movie is terrible as well.

Inside out was trash. You can't have a coming of age movie featuring anthromorphised emotions at the age of the mc and not include lust.
It showed a complete lack of artistic integrity I did not even bother watching it.

I really don't get the love for this movie.

It had the power thanks to the Mad Max director.

I loved happy feet fuck the penguin haters this movie is literally on the tier of citizen kane

Oscars are a joke anyway.

The committee sees animation as a lesser media.

I remember reading one article where they literally admit to not having watched any of the nominees and didn't vote, and the winner of Best Animated Picture only recieved one vote.

Better they abstain then don't watch and still vote.

The Tintin movie wasn't very good.

>Good
>Frozen
I don't even know how to respond to this shit taste

FUCK, IT WON??

Jesus Christ guys... I'm honestly depressed now. i hated that awful fucking movie...

This movie was fucking horrible.
You can tell they changed directors in the middle of it.

It's easy: You shouldn't.

The movie wasn't even about coming of age, dumbass.

Toy Story 3 was given the Oscar in retroactive recognition to the previous 2 entries, which pre-date the category and were legit better than some Best Picture nominees of their respective years.

Think "Return of the King" winning everything it was up for. Maybe there were better, more deserving nominees, but it was about recognizing the cinematic achievement of the franchise.

Even Wreck It Ralph was better than Brave.
Hell, I would've even settled for fuckin' Frankenweenie winning.

Wow, 1 is a piece of shit parent.

Absolutely didnt deserve to win.

Would Frozen have been better if they stuck with "Elsa becomes a villain"?

EVERY single nominee that Big Hero 6/10 was up against was a better choice. Hell, even BOXTROLLS - which was ugly as sin - had an argument, with the attention to detail and the stop-motion stuff.

Big Hero 6 was just so bland, so by-the-numbers, so unimpressive... Song of the Sea, Princess Kaguya, and How to Train Your Dragon 2 were all standout films of the year. What a shame.

HAFNIM at 1:36 and 1:44

Look, I know the Oscars are bullshit, but this thread is fucking terrible.

Fucking this.

His point still stands.
At her age the absence of lust was kind of odd. I still liked the film but he has a good point. They should have aged her up or down to make it stand out less.

Well not so much stand out as not be as needed. If it was about an adult you could just merge that shit into happiness but for a young teen it's too big a deal to not be its own emotion.

It would have least been interesting.

Did you not see the puberty button at the end? And why does there have to be a focus on lust when she hasn't experienced puberty yet? The movie was focusing on adapting to changing your home and having things not go what you hoped it'd be.

came to post this

My mom saw all of the nominated films that year and she liked all of them EXCEPT Inside Out.