Samurai Jack Thread

Nevermind the ending, we all know there's never going to be a consensus on whether its good or bad.

What's your favorite episode/moment/character from the series as a whole?

the tomb fight scene from season 5 was amazing

Parts 1 and 2 of The Birth of Evil

The Lava Monster

>animated everything but GREAT FLAMING EYEBROWS
RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

X-8 Episode, the Noir style was executed flawlessly, a close second is the shinobi episode

SCARAMOUGEEEEE BABYYYYY

The Princess and the Bounty Hunters is my fave
I like the atmosphere of the show. Thought it was boring when I was a kid though

The ending was shit, faggot, and anyone who says otherwise can go fuck themselves.

>my opinion is fact waaaaah!!!

favorite episodes are:
>Jack in Graveyard
>Jack is naked
>Jack remembers the past

>Nevermind the ending
That's impossible. The ending retroactively ruins everything good the series ever did.

This meme is getting old. Come on.

Early episodes Jack design vs Later design, Sup Forums? Maybe it's just the fact that it disappears so fast, but I quite like it.

It's so hard to pick good episode, there's so many good ones. Of particular note I'd say Jack and the Monks. I really like it as far as Jack's determination is concerned. There are quite a few episodes with good fights, so it's harder to choose among those.

I actually did like Jack's newer look by the end of the series, it was sharper than his old look.

I get why people say this, but I disagree. Sure, going back erased the future in which everything that happened during the show took place, but don't you think that was a given from the start?

From a chronological standpoint, yes, they will not happen. But for Jack, the man who was displaced in time, those experiences still exist in his memories, and are part of who he is now.

Personally, I think it'd be cool to see how his adventures end up affecting his life in his own time. But apart from fan fiction, we'll probably never see that.

>but don't you think that was a given from the start
No, because the show wasn't about time travelling, it was about a wandering ronin in a setting that allowed him to have a vague goal that pits him against robots and has him explore weird locales.
Time travel was used exactly once to get him to that point, and until the finale, was never used by ANYONE again

Oh, it's this idiot again.

But his quest was always explicitly to "undo the evil that is Aku", which in this case is the future he was sent to. Maybe Genndy never thought he would conclude the show, or maybe he planned to end it differently at first, but I still think that the erasure of that timeline doesn't invalidate Jack's experience. He was the only concrete factor from the beginning, but throughout the show he sacrifices numerous chances to get back for the sake of someone who might not even exist had he made the return.

I forgot where I was going with this, but yeah. The ending, as flawed as it was, didn't ruin the series for me

>the show wasn't about the thing that is directly stated in the OP in every single fucking episode
Are you retarded?

I want to fuck Aku

Amazon's listing for the Blu Ray is up now
Gonna go for just season 5 for now but waiting to see if any places have some exclusive cover arts or steelbooks

It's also cheaper now, $95 for the complete and $20 for S5 if you have Prime

An actually good ending would have been Jack remaining trapped in the future, but killing Aku and then continuing as a hero because there's probably still evil in the world and he can help the world recover from Aku.

Or, Aku and Jack mutually destroy each other.

Any ending where everyone we've met gets erased is stupid.

>An actually good ending would have been Jack remaining trapped in the future
Honestly, if they went with the idea of no portals remaining, they should have had the balls to pull this off

So the show is about backwards time travelling? Name exactly one instance where a character uses it in the original series.

The astronauts

They didn't go back in time, they were going to use the momentum of their lightspeed jump to theoretically send jack back.

Jack's empty pod was sent back in time

The finale wasn't perfect obviously but must you bring up that the same shit on every single SJ post? It's already gotten old.

That's an assumption on your part.
The scientists even said it wasn't a guarantee, kinda like how if he had used the wishing well it probably woulda backfired due to the curse

We already got that ending with the comics.