WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?????!!11

> WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?????!!11

Nope, still dumb.

It's not baneposting-tier of notorious, but yeah, this shit is gonna be remembered.

>flashbacks intensify

MARTHA and the general malaise of brown / grey dour shit is literally all anyone will remember from these movies.

Snyder couldn't even come up with an iconic era-defining Batmobile which makes him essentially the first Batman director to fail on that front.

God bless that user.

Sorry but even normie critics and reviewers are starting to notice the kino. There is no turning back. By 2020 this will be a classic film.

The thing is, its not just the line itself, but just the general awkwardness of the entire scene that really pushes it over the edge. Like they were so deadset on having the scene play out no matter what but could find no way to do it naturally.

its amazing that you have to mis-remember the movie to make it not work.

Lois being his GF is NOT public knowledge. He kissed her infront of a handful of people. And of course he saved her from an African Warlord that was breaking the Geneva Conventions---thats what Superman does. You have to be a 100% casual to not know that Superman only gets involved in interntional political conflicts (at least in a violent way) when they break the rules.
Also everything thats used as evidence to debunk the Batman being cruel thing is ridiculous. If you cant see the parallel between Joe Chill taking an innocent life and Batman taking an innocent life then maybe superhero stories and their inherent allegorical nature arent for you.

And Bruce doesnt kill Superman becuase he realizes he is a man, he realizes he is a good man at that who did nothing wrong. Batman still views himself as fallen and beyond saving until Superman sacrifices himself. THATS when he realizes men can still be good and goes back to no killing.
Jesus christ people, this isnt hard to understand, its a pretty easy movie to understand.

Everything about Batman's arc, where he is spiraling to the darkness has been building up to this moment. Out of the blue, he hears the name of his dead mother, of whose murder he dreams about every night to this day. And as such it triggers his childhood PTSD. And it doesn't just magically make him like Superman, it simply throws him off his game. He can't understand why Superman would mention his mother's name. And so he stops, and starts demanding for Clark to explain himself. His urge to murder has shifted to rage and confusion since he can't no longer understand the situation. It's only Lois' intervention that diffuses the situation when she explains Clark was begging him to save his mother even as he was about to die and that is what breaks the camels back, by making Bruce finally see Superman as a person for the first time. A man very similar to himself, rather than a strange otherworldly alien being he couldn't understand but could easily hate and conveniently project all his fears into. And that is why he can't kill him. Because all his blinding hatred, self-deception and lies have been stripped away, and he has to face the ugly truth: he was going to murder a man simply out of pure fear. He was going to be the very thing he has spent his whole life fighting against.
It's a complex, deeply character oriented scene that addresses everything Batman represents and how astray he had become from those values. People like you trying to reduce it to a inane meme shows fundamental inability to understand the scene for what it really is about.

This is a copypasta, right? You're not actually this retarded I hope.
The real issue is that Superman, after being beaten down, says "I have to save Martha!" In a desperate plea. Who calls their mother by their first name, especially under such circumstances?
It's an interesting connection between the characters, but making it pivotal to ending the conflict is a mistake.

I think among normies this is actually more infamous

>UUUH ACKSHUALLY
Here we go again

The point is it is done extremely poorly and i know this is some shitty Sup Forums copypasta anyway but you and I both know Snyder isnt smart enough to have come close to communicating any of these points.

Oh, most of us understand what they were going for. It was just executed horribly

Its made worse by the fact that Supes pretty much says several times during the fight that his mother is in danger and that they're being manipulated to fight, and Batman just tells him to fuck off. Yet all it took was their mothers having the same name to end the conflict. What the fuck would've happened if Clark's mother was named Sally? The whole thing just feels like one of those late night Great Ideas that just doesn't actually work when put into practice.

Here's a tip for all of you kino memers: just because you can explain something doesn't mean it's suddenly great.

I could give out an explanation as to why Catwoman is a magical cat-like goddess in this movie. And that still wouldn't make it good.

>by making Bruce finally see Superman as a person for the first time.
Batman kills people for absolutely no reason in this movie. He had more reason to kill Superman than he did people that were just delivering a shipment that he ends up stealing non-lethally after the fact anyway.

Not as bad as this though.

>t.Marlel fags
You guys are just plebs who hate this movie because you don't get it.
If you understood it you would see it for the cinematic masterpiece it is. It's up there with 2001 and Citizen Kane and critics who don't acknowledge this are paid shills.

Can someone please explain to me why this became a thing? Even my class full of 14-15 year olds realized this was the last piece that convinces Batman that Superman isn't just some alien that needed to be killed. It's the one fucking thing everyone was waiting for. But apparently, some autists find that the fucking alien with superstrength who is at the mercy of a guy in powered armor find that saying the name of your mother in desperation is so unrealistic that it warrants a meme status.

>Its made worse by the fact that Supes pretty much says several times during the fight that his mother is in danger
When did this happen? I don't remember this. All I remember was Clark was trying to tell Bruce to listen to him but Bruce just kept shooting at him.

lol ur such a cuck XD

Normies hate thinking, if a thing is not spelled out loud in perfect detail, they can't understand it.

Lois throwing the spear into a hole then having to dive in for it two minutes later is hilarious

>even with flashbacks normies didn't get it
Snyder should just ignore them completely.

>it's another "Brainlet doesn't get BvS" episode
And this is why capeshit is already losing viewers. Hollywood will never take risks knowing that retards will feel threatened when a superhero movie moves out of their comfort zone. So they go for stale CGI shit that gets boring real fucking fast.

So how is a kill-happy Batman gonna spare the Joker?

Nope. It isn't. Faggot

>doesn't get it
>it gets explained
>n-no I got it! It just sucks!
>doesn't even say why
The real reason you didn't like it was because you didn't get it at first and are lashing out at the movie and the people who did get it.

>Normies hate thinking
That's the problem. Every normie I talked to didn't even complain about that scene. But every time I go to a BvS discussion on the internet some guy eventually starts complaining about this particular scene. Out of all the things where you can analyze the film, the fact that some people choose this one is mind boggling to me

Yeah. Normies don't know about banepoating somehow.

>because you didn't get it at first

You really like propping up strawmen, eh?

It's not the dumbest thing in the movie but it is pretty memeworthy

The idea of Batman realizing he's been a total dickweed when he finds out Superman has a family he loves like any other human is a neat idea. It's just executed so stupidly.

Just look at the fucking thread. It's like talking to a confused teenager
>hurr it sucks and just because you can point out the references and symbolism that just means you go to leddit
>now let me explain my analysis on why Batman getting super confused when Superman says "Martha" is dumb
Fucking really?

It's ok brainlet. Since you didn't even explain how it was executed horribly, people have to resort to making arguments for you.

Remember to sage and hide Sup Forums threads

>among normies this is actually more infamous
You really need to go outside once in a while.

>zombie Clegane

GoT threads belong on Sup Forums

literally none of my normie friends have ever heard of baneposting, but some of them do know the "Martha" meme. Baneposting is really not as popular as you think it is.

That is great !

what if he didn't say Martha? would Batman had killed Sups and the movie ended there? I want to see an alternate ending like that.

AAAHAHAHAHHAH

this actually made sense given the context of the movie, though. Scott is a clumsy idiot, so he says clumsy idiotic things. Superman getting Batman to be friends with him because they both have a mom or some shit is the stupidest reason for them to not kill each other ever. why couldn't he had just said that at the beginning of the battle? Sups can take Batman on any day, it was only until the Kyprotnite came out that he started acting like a pussy ass bitch and cried for his mommy.

These scenes aren't even comparable and you know it, fagmo dago.

I'm not saying Baneposting is popular for normies either. I literally have never heard of any friends or family talk about 'Martha' except for one who I know for a fact browses Reddit

how dare your friends and family have lives and not be aware of the greatness of shitty Sup Forums memes.

>the alt MoS ending where Superman says "DON'T DO THIS...okay do it."

The dialogue was shit but Americans think it's funny. Go figure.

>When did this happen? I don't remember this. All I remember was Clark was trying to tell Bruce to listen to him but Bruce just kept shooting at him.

You are right, but this brings up the bigger problem. The entire fight hinges on the fact that, although Sup's is only there to get Batman's help (Why he needs his help is beyond me) and yet, instead of just swooping down at super speeds, picking him up and MAKING him listen, he instead just hints at his reason while being shot at, and then when he has the chance to say something to him, he throws him on top of a building.

The entire fight (and other aspects of the movie which I am not going to get into) depend on characters doing stupid shit just to progress the plot.

tl;dr Superman had a chance to tell Batman his intentions and instead chose to throw him around an abandoned building so the plot could work.

>Superman getting Batman to be friends with him because they both have a mom or some shit is the stupidest reason for them to not kill each other ever.
It reminds Batman in the most painful way possible that he's been acting like a dick throughout the whole movie. How the fuck do people not get this? Do retards really think that Batman just stops because they both share the same name?

>It reminds Batman in the most painful way possible that he's been acting like a dick throughout the whole movie. How the fuck do people not get this? Do retards really think that Batman just stops because they both share the same name?

We get it, it just doesn't make any sense that Superman would call his mother by her first name in a moment of panic. No one would ever do that.

>tl;dr Superman had a chance to tell Batman his intentions and instead chose to throw him around an abandoned building so the plot could work.
The movie literally establishes that Superman doesn't trust Batman because of his methods, even before Batman starts punching his ass.

ummmm yeah, that's why he stopped. if Sups' mom was named Jannet or Rose Batman probably would've just been like, "huh? who's that?"

tell that to zod's snapped neck

yeah, and that user conveniently ignored my question why didn't Sups just say "my mother is being held by Lex" before they started throwing each other through buildings? i'm pretty sure Sups could've managed that.

>The entire fight hinges on the fact that, although Sup's is only there to get Batman's help (Why he needs his help is beyond me) and yet, instead of just swooping down at super speeds, picking him up and MAKING him listen, he instead just hints at his reason while being shot at, and then when he has the chance to say something to him, he throws him on top of a building.
Did you not watch the movie? Superman lost patience with him after attempting to speak to Bruce more than once. And that's ignoring the fact that Clark went through shit before and had the world turned against him. I'm also pretty sure Clark was still trying to talk to Bruce before he was weakened. He had no choice but to continue to fight otherwise Bruce would've killed Clark long before Lois showed up.

>it just doesn't make any sense that Superman would call his mother by her first name in a moment of panic.
>No one would ever do that.
That last line right there is what sums up why this whole bitching about 'Martha' is dumb as hell. First, we really can't prove it, and trying to analyze why is even dumber because you'd have to be a special kind of autist to dwell on it.

Did the movie not tell you enough that Supes doesn't trust Bats? Your question deserves to get ignored because only someone who hasn't seen the movie would ask it.

user, you are just acting pathetically repeating tell same tired bulshit that everyone already read from low iq Snyder's fanboys.

>if Sups' mom was named Jannet or Rose Batman probably would've just been like, "huh? who's that?"
And Supes answers "It's my mother". Then you get the same result, except without the "Oh Shit!" moment because the whole 'Martha' thing is also there to emphasize to the audience that this is the part where Batman realizes he fucked up

Then why did he go to get his help in the first place? He may not fully trust him, but he is going there to get his help so he clearly needs to tell him what is happening, right? Does he, no. Superman gets a chance to tell Batman why he is there and under what circumstance he needs his help, but instead gets into a fight with him by throwing him on top of a building.

>missing the point this much

man you're really desperate to defend a movie

>That last line right there is what sums up why this whole bitching about 'Martha' is dumb as hell.

Not to bring up an unrelated movie, but watch the beginning of Saving Private Ryan where there are dying people crying out for their mothers. No one is up in arms about that because people would yell out MOMMY when they think they're going to die. Now, if all those soldiers were yelling out their mothers' first names, the audience would cal bullshit because that's not something that happens in real life.

>Then why did he go to get his help in the first place? He may not fully trust him, but he is going there to get his help so he clearly needs to tell him what is happening, right? Does he, no. Superman gets a chance to tell Batman why he is there and under what circumstance he needs his help, but instead gets into a fight with him by throwing him on top of a building.
Because he's still Superman. Even after all the shit he's going through, he's willing to at least talk to the guy who has made it clear that he's trying to kill him

>Because he's still Superman. Even after all the shit he's going through, he's willing to at least talk to the guy who has made it clear that he's trying to kill him

So because the plot needs him to...

>man you're really desperate to defend a movie
No, I'm not. I'm just trying to get into the head of people who seriously did not pick this shit up as they were watching the movie. Of course, seeing as how you went for the "lol y so srs?" defense, it just convinces me that you probably didn't watch the movie. Just a guy talking shit, and what would drive a guy to do something like that in a Mongolian fishing board, I wonder?

>the audience would cal bullshit because that's not something that happens in real life.
>crying out your mother's name is somehow unrealistic
Who the fuck made up rules about what you can say when you're desperate? We both know we can't prove this shit anyway

Honestly, if they would have included little snippets throughout the movie where Superman decides to start calling his mother by her first name instead of just saying mother, this part would have worked for me, but no one just randomly, in a moment of panic, would cal their mom by their first name.

WE GET IT, we understand that it needed to be this way for the movie to work, but it's still lazy writing.

>So because the plot needs him to...
Yes. People have to do shit to progress the movie. I just told you why he acted the way he did

>Who the fuck made up rules about what you can say when you're desperate? We both know we can't prove this shit anyway

I have provided an example in a movie where someone yells out Mother in stead of an actual name.

If you can provide an example in a movie (besides this one) where someone yells out their mothers name, then we can go from there, but I will bet you can't. The reason... because it's not how people act, it's just not.

Who made these rules? Humanity did.

>People calling out their mother's names in the face of certain death is unrealistic
Is THIS the main issue here? What a fucking nothing-burger.

If Superman had just said "They're going to kill my mom!" and Batman had a two second flashback of his own mother dying, literally everyone would think the scene was brilliant and emotionally gripping.

Martha is a meme for a reason.

>Yes. People have to do shit to progress the movie. I just told you why he acted the way he did

But when your characters act against their own established norms just to progress the plot, that is bad writing.

Ex: STAR WARS Episode III REVENGE OF THE SITH

Anakin kills Mace Windu and then immediately goes and kills a bunch of kids. Completely out of character, but the plot demanded he go to the dark side at that point so he goes and does dark side stuff. Yes it progresses the plot, but it does so in a completely absurd way.

Jesus Christ you just fixed the whole movie

>implying i'm a snyderfag
Holy shit, neck yourself. I don't even like this film and think all capeshit is trash. How is it that a casual viewer picked this up on the first viewing? You Marvelfags are delusional as hell.

You provided an example from a movie. A MOVIE. People regress in times of crisis. People do stupid shit when stressed out. But we're supposed to believe that saying your Mother's name is not "realistic"? Come on

THIS!!!!!

>Batmobile

It's the Tumblr but more toyetic, for a more toyetic universe

>I-I'm not a snyder cocksucker!
>I-If you don't like this movie you are m-marvel! I hate capeshit but I'm a conpanywar faggot!

Suuuure user.

So you can't provide an example?

There's a reason why no one would put that in a movie. It's because audiences wouldn't buy it, because it's not something a person would normally do.

>But when your characters act against their own established norms
Except they don't. The movie sets up the fight by pointing out why the two would hate each other for almost an hour. Pretending otherwise is just stupid

Dude, just do as he said and show another movie where it happened. If it is common human behavior other movie would have done that.

>Except they don't. The movie sets up the fight by pointing out why the two would hate each other for almost an hour. Pretending otherwise is just stupid

YES, they hate each other, but in that moment Superman is going their to get Batman's help. Superman went there with the purpose of getting Batmans help in saving his mother. Yet, when he finally has a chance to do so, he decides to toss him around like a rag doll instead.

IT IS NOT IN SUPERMAN'S CHARACTER TO PUT HIS HATRED OF BATMAN ABOVE THE LOVE OF HIS OWN MOTHER.

Yes he did, he made the only Batmobile to feature leathal weaponry.

cringe

>spongebob
>projecting this hard
Underage detected.

>it's an user thinks cartoons are only for children on a goddamn comics and cartoons board episode

This was actually great user, STFU

Not once cartoons has been brought up in this thread.