What are your thoughts on the Spanish Inquisition, Sup Forums?

What are your thoughts on the Spanish Inquisition, Sup Forums?

Anglo propaganda from the sixteen century.

Actually probably the most """liberal""" penalty system of that time: Pressumption of innocence, extenuating circumstances, etc.

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION
There, it's out of the way.
Hi mummy

It's unfortunate that it sent a lot of Jews into hiding instead of getting rid of them.

Nobody expects it

I've read their actual documents in history classes in college

They were pretty lenient: just repent, promise not to do it again and you're good (although secular authorities could still punish you for something you did). Pretty much the only people who died were people who refused to accept multiple offers or mercy, or people who were politically set up for execution (like Joan of Arc was); in the later case the Inquisition just became a vehicle for a political vendetta, which is unfortunate but could happen in any court system.

It was formed because Jews kept publicly converting to Catholicism and then continued Judaism in secret and kept up their behaviors like coordinating to manipulate markets and interest rates.

This was leading to lots of inter-ethnic violence between Jews and Christians in Spain, so the Inquisition was set up to establish which conversos were actually behaving right and which ones were continuing their typical behavior (and also to stop the spread of the Protestant subversion and heresy, which was often aided and abetted by Jews)

Also this

Very based. I wish we could purge pagans, Jews, and athiests the way they did.

Profit racketeering.

jidf detected

Mostly misunderstood. Actually good.

Their main weapon was surprise.

Surprise and fear.

Their two main weapons were surprise and fear.

Absolutely based. Should be brought back.

I assume this is a Monty Python tier joke.

They relied on fear, "no one expects the Spanish Inquisition" is a meme. They usually gave a month's notice, relying on their reputation of fear

You may be surprised that the Inquisition was never disbanded, and it exists today with another name.

I bet you're a lot of fun at parties, you nerd virgin.

perfectly justified on all accounts

totally overblown by faggot historians

jews were actually a serious threat and were traitors

>Sup Forums claims to love free speech
>defends a group who would persecute you for voicing beliefs different to theirs
Explain yourselves

Were the KNIGHTS Templar against murder for power, or were they just mad that they lost to another group in a fight for power?

Tomás de Torquemada did nothing wrong

>Sup Forums is one person

>Sup Forums is one person

LEL

Sup Forums is about purging degeneracy and fascism by posting degenerate mongolian memes

Only american Sup Forumsacks are adamant about the whole free speech bullshit

A strawpoll was conducted not so long ago and most people here identified as a fascist (ironic/unironically). What you just said is a meme

More clergy were killed during the French Terrors than the total deaths in the Inquisition.

>implying I support free speech

>Jews

What a twist

>jews were actually a serious threat and were traitors

What were they doing?

(((nothing it was all pure coincidence)))