RIP the new Quasar

RIP the new Quasar.

You were so unimportant, your death wasn't even mentioned in the actual event.

So unimportant you're thread has no replies

Oh well bye then?

Didn't even do anything beside be a plot device

Eh, at first I liked how she was a legacy character who had the original as a mentor. Honestly, that kind of set up really could work, but nothing was ever done with that and the original Quasar has only been seen in Standoff and maybe a single issue of hydra cap.

Now she's just a plot device and hardly even a character. I'd say there wouldn't even be a difference if she was replaced with something like the ultimate nullifier.

Here's your >you.

Not even tumblr cared.

Fuck it just bring Wendell back with the Quantum bands and bring Phyla back and give her the nega bands.

Didn't even get to make out with Carol before she died. Sad.

Who?

Can Wendell get his bands back now?

What was the fucking point of her then?

Making way for the real Quasar.

It's time for Phyla to come back baby!

If only...

The thing is in the Gruenwald Quasar series when Wendell died, that was usually where things really STARTED. There's this fantastic, twisted dinner party arc that has Quasar getting invited to the mansion of the cosmic equivalent if Divath Fyr then getting his arms chopped off and being killed. And then things really start to fucking kick off - Ghost Rider shows up, Moondragon shows up, Wende gets all astral and shit. He died three times or something in the series overall.

So like, for A Quasar, death is not even nearly the end of the stories. They have cosmic awareness and abilities which mean they can and do surpass death. But with Avril in particular, I agree with . The story never went anywhere and we got very little time with her.

Good! Hopefully this means my man Wendell will get back in the driver's seat, where he belongs.

I would kill for a Quasar, Nova and Darkhawk bro-venture ongoing.

Wendell was actually pretty well-suited to be a mentor character IMO. His characterization has these flaws that would definitely fuel drama/story in a mentor role: he's super easygoing, unassuming, very willing to go with the flow and imagine best intentions. It's actually the whole reason he's so good at using the Quantum Bands.

>Carol doesn't look like a man.
DROPPED

Same as the last few people who wore the quantum bands?

Appear for an event or two then off to obscurity and death

Maybe Duggan will have Wendell get the bands back and show up in his gotg, since Robbie and Chris are joining that team.

Doesn't Wendell already have Quantum Band powers even without the Quantum Band? He is a energy being composed of Quantum energy. Basically like an emotional entity but not nearly as powerful.

You seem to have posted the wrong picture, but I don't worry I got you.

I thought Guardians was the current dumping ground for random space based heroes that cannot hold a solo book.

Not sure how it works, because the user can remain linked even when separated or killed. But background to Standoff had Wendell voluntarily relinquishing the QB due to increasingly being unable to control them, and acting as a SHIELD agent resident among Pleasant Hill.

Starfield costumes are the best.

its not happening remember she stopped being Quasar when she died and died being the avatar of death she is never coming back

how to you voluntarily get rid of qbs? you had to get your arms cut off or die to get them off.

Duggan might bring her back, but not as Quasar.

that's maelstrom. maybe phyla can be some reaper of souls for oblivion.

That strip on her face is the dumbest design choice, it doesn't even line up with the starburst on her costume.

He willingly separated himself from them? Wendell knew how to use them better than anyone and BOTH those things you mentioned - death and dismemberment - happened to him and neither managed to sever him from the Quantum Bands.

Maelstrom called her an Avatar of Death

>Darkhawk joining GOTG

Fucking source right now motherfucker.

Lesbians are boring. Besides no point getting a chub for people who would NEVER have sex with you. Not having sex with guys is kinda a vital part of being a lesbo.

Seems appropriate. Tried to genderswap it to no fanfare. So Marvel has pulled their second "quick bucks" move of killing her

They wanted a bit of controversy sales by making Quasar a woman. Didnt work.
They theb tried to boost sales by killing her. Didnt work.

Too bad they never tried to write good stories with them.

that was the worst bait and switch they had pulled for a while. Avril was doomed to suck worse than Phyla.

Some guy asked Duggan on twitter if Rich and Darkhawk would be joining the team in a permanent way and Duggan just answered "Yes"

>They wanted a bit of controversy sales by making Quasar a woman. Didnt work.
>They theb tried to boost sales by killing her. Didnt work.
Neither of these things are true. Quasar didn't get America or Mockingbird push user. Spencer built it up from Standoff and used the original Quasar as a character: the primary problem was a lack of space and characterization actually explored in the comic.

Are you a fucking diehard Wendell Vaugn Quasar fan from his 1989 solo series? Because I actually am, and I didn't really care about the transition to Avril if it had used either character well. It it happens it didn't, it didn't even use them badly - it just didn't use them.

Most we got is tweet by Duggan.

He said on Twitter that Nova, Antman, and Darkhawk are joining.
Some people think Darkhawk might be Robbie, though

I am and I wasnt crushed so much as I was disillusioned that yet ANOTHER character was getting replaced by a teenage girl.

Avril was a grown woman though, she was a shield agent.

>teenage girl
Avril isn't a teenager. She's an adult woman and professional S.H.I.E.L.D. agent - just like Wendell was when he first got the bands. The whole point, shit half of what Spencer wrote ENTIRELY in Standoff and Secret Empire, was a callback to Wendell getting the Quantum Bands in a crisis. That's what Avril did do: same job, same solution.

>shit half of what Spencer wrote ENTIRELY in Standoff and Secret Empire
To be more specific: Spencer heavily calls back Gruenwald's work. Not that one moment in specific.

WELSHIE!!!!

No, the theory is that Talonar is Robbie

Talonar is Robbie and after he poisoned Rocket I don't think any of the Guardians is going to let him join.

>"theory"
It's pretty damned obvious at this point.

Lmao

But I wanted to fug her

Wasn't the new issue of Guardians covering this story supposed to be out today?

You guys legit made my week.

I've sworn off Marvel books for a while now, but somehow they knew exactly what to do to get me back. Damn them.

It was shit.

Lesbians don't exist for male consumption. Lesbians can exist on their own merits.

Dont be a fucking cuck. Have a fucking backbone.

Sure...

Tentacle monsters and amorphous cloud deities would never have sex with me either, that doesn't stop my chubb

But Galactus couldn't do it.
Just a reminder.

Galactus resurrected her so he kind of did actually.

Fuck you asshole. Darkhawk is my nostalgia-boner Kryptonite.

Marvel will keep fucking your ass if you keep falling for this

But most of the time time they have no merits, they're just there to add diversity points.

So wait, I read the Secret Empire storytime where she busted the shield and the one aftwr. I swear she was there during the fight with hydracap wasn't she?

In wish they would add ACTUAL Guardian members like Vance Astro, Martinex, Nikki, etc...

Lesbians are there for either virtue signalling or deliberate enticing of males.

And most males only care about lesbians because it gets their dicks hard. Which again is paradoxical because a lesbian would NEVER have sex with them. So there's really no logic in getting aroused by them.

Damn, guess I'll need to have a logical talk with my dick next time I'm aroused by lesbians.

At the very least Astro since he was on Quill's team for a long time too.

I miss the very psychic heavy team.

Given that Galactus said he couldn't bring down the shield I'm glad Quasar was only able to at the cost of her life.

How many have there been now? Enough for a Quasar Squad?

Only 3 so far, and one of them was a part of the Captain Marvel squad already