Who's the worst artist?

Long time ago I liked some fb page called "Classic Marvel Comics Fine Art".
Today they posted something by Greg Land.
>pic related
I commented saying "Greg Land work on a page called FINE ART... seriously?" and promptly got blocked from the page XD

Anyway it got me wondering, who are your worst/most hated comic book artists?

For me it's Land, this pic isn't even his worst stuff as most probably know.
He traces the same image so many times it gets distracting from the story.
Some times I'm wondering if I've already read a page but no, Ol' Greg is just using the same artwork again.
All the women he draws have the same face because he uses pics from the same model I guess and none of them seem to have hips.
Why does this hack keep getting work?

Land is easily the worst, but ultimately it comes down to taste. I've never gotten why people love Bachalo so much, but he's fairly popular and keeps getting work.

Liefeld annoys me. Not that's he's bad it's just that his stuff is so exaggerated it looks stupid.

>Land is easily the worst
Absurd, yes the tracing is bad but what matters is the end result & Liefeld & some of the recent Sjw artist are much worse.

John Romita Jr. Nothing gets as bad as this guy, It's like he's a 5th grader trying to copy what he sees in comic books, but somehow he consistently gets work.

Found the pleb. Romita is great

Deodato and Janin are tied for "shitty 3D models used for the actual art" category

Deodato used to be good like most of his Dark Avengers work but yeah it's become painful how fucking digitally half assed his work is.
And I say that as someone who likes digital painters like Crain & Sejic.

you know nothing about about comic art, stop posting. there's literally hundreds if not thousands of professional artists who are worst.

Yeah, and Justice League Dark was unreadable for the art as well as writing

Ramos' work is insulting to look at

Michael Gaydos's art looks like it was chiseled by a retarded caveman.

That squirrel girl artist
mid2000s Ramos
whoever drew this

yeah I was told once "there's no such thing as bad art,, just art styles you don't like"

I enjoy Erica Henderson, it fits Squirrel Girl. It wouldn't work on Punisher or some shit, but it does what it needs to.

Who ever drew America these past few issues.
I get not wanting house style but damn get a good style.

Deodato's definitely the worst

Ramon Villalobos is the saving grace of that comic.

Dose FASD eyes on Carol. :P

Still looks ugly as shit. Doesnt now how body works and the faces are just fucking terrible.

>all his drawing videos in instagram are about going full autistic with crosshatching and the dot brush
never shows anything else because he probably traces the poser models
i don't know how that nigga even does convention sketches

Jim Lee

>shitting on Caldwell
Neck yourself, famalam.

I think it's got a nice cartoony feel to it.

I was excited for him on Champions until I saw the writing. Yeesh.

His Carol is garbage. Get off his dick.

>he draws ONE (1) character in a way thirsty virgins don't like
>that means he's bad
I don't even think I have to explain why you're a moron, you did a fine enough job yourself.

So are all of his fans this sensitive, or are you just a particularly easily-butthurt bitch?

Nowadays Deodato manages to be even worse than Land.

This. His art legitimately looks like what I drew in elementary school.

SO great....

Larry Stroman

>think the faces are bad
>look at the bodies in the bottom panel

what the fuck

Another answer would be Howard Chaykin with modern digital coloring, but I don't have an example with me

Jesus Christ nobody posted this yet? I win. You're all too slow or blocked it from your memories.

Igor Kordey nearly ruined New X-men for me. Shame considering the times where he's not blatantly phoning it in range from pretty ok to legitimately good.

Steve Ditko, no doubt.

The worst thing is that Land is a good artist, I've seen thing he drew from sketch and they are good, I don't get why he does that shit, is he just lazy?
The again, I'm a decent artist and some times I had drawing so I use heavy reference to come up with things, maybe it's something like that.
That Reed face is pathetic, not even trying.

Also the worst offender, besides obvious Liefeld, are John Romita Jr and Frank Miller, which some cunts on Sup Forums INSIST on defending as patrician taste, or saying they were once GOAT, when they were always mediocre at best and absolutely disgusting at worst.
They have no notion of basic principles in art and they seem to have no interest in learning.
Ramos is also garbage, but not as bad. And it's not about being "stylistic", he can't draw. Putting an eye on the right place and another on the forehead isn't an stylistic choice.

I have never read patsy walker, not even look the interior besides that page that was posted in another thread

Oh wait, maybe I mean Deodato? Fuck, I can't separate between them. I know one of them is good, but chooses to be a low piece of shit.

JRJR and Miller are patrician taste.

I think It only grew on me during his time on spider-man

>tfw all of the artists in the thread save for maybe Liefeld are better than pretty much every manga artist except for that guy who draws Berserk and a small handful of others

I wonder what Land traced for this one...

What's with long-time artists simplifying their art style over the years?
Frank Miller used to be god-tier, but after 2000s he couldn't even be bothered to get basic anatomy right.

>XD
Fuck off.
Anyway, the worst that I can currently think of is the one doing the Squirrel Girl comic.

he has his highs and lows

He was never god tier, he was ok and then he got senile.

That's a high? Christ...

the man with no taste

yes, user, that is a very well-constructed page, and the art is both expressive and dynamic

It's not that dynamic but it is well paced and well constructed, but it's still drawn like shit, his face simply changes completely, the last panels have a completely different facial structure.
Also I hate 90's artists and their dirty ass linework, Crosshatching literally everywhere when it isn't even needed.

I think what you people mistake earlier Miller and Romitta JR for good art is good panel composition, which seems to be the only thing they are good at. That's arranging, that's part of the art but it's not artwork. I bet you also say Alex Ross is a bad artist, which would once again mistaking the artwork for panel arrangement, because Ross is an incredible artist but awfully boring and stiff in his panels.

is this a different arcade from the one that fucked up the teenagers?

He admits that he took too much simultaneous work and in effect fucked up most of it.

I legitimately hate Land's work more than Liefeld's. At least Rob draws from his imagination at least some of the time.

Larroca

I'm not sure if you are bait or just don't know what you talk about.

Out of all the great manga you could use (Blade) you post that weak shit?
C'mon.

>I'm a decent artist

Yet not decent enough yet to see the good qualities in JRJR and Miller's earlier work...

That's just not as great as you think it is. It's very basic negative blocking. It's certainly not bad, but it's no Bernie Wrightson.

Pretty detailed and has good character acting.

Meant for
Als what Blade? Of the Immortal?

Yes.

Some serious tracing right there

>Miller's earlier work
I think he's still decent, though I have a soft spot for loose, sketchy art styles.

question:
anatomy, how come one artist can get away with being liberal with it while the other can't?

note: picture quality isn't the issue.

They are both terrible and you'll find that anime in general is a huge "no-no" in any artistic learning circles.

You chose a bad picture for comparison, that's a video game render.
Anyway, I'm not sure if Araki's wonky anatomy/perspective is intentional or not, but I love the way he draws, especially nowadays.
There's no one else like him.

Are you seriously shitting on Ben Caldwell just because he drew Carol butch?

>Land
>Ramos
>Deodato
>Gaydos
>Villalobos

The fucking WORST

I always liked his Iron Man work the best.

There is a boxiness aspect to his art that seems to lend well to IM's armor and looks kinda... bloated on the humans. And he tends to show imposing poses better than in-motion action. I did *not* like him on Spidey at all.

Javier Rodriguez is fantastic you pleb.

howard chaykin and 95% of his contemporaries are shit with digital coloring

It's a problem with all Star Wars books

No, the same guy.

Why?

Jack Kirby.
Everyone looks like they have Downs.

Jojo is so over the top that the fucked anatomy actually works to it's advantage
Araki also improved quite a bit over the years