What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sLE_emfAd74
youtu.be/-v2EKjM14bQ
youtu.be/ZtREnrZM43o
youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=PLXQ0qbq6jY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>people can't express themselves freely in real life without having their lives ruined
>wonder why they go on the internet to express their feelings anonymously

(((They))) couldn't keep us down.

youtube.com/watch?v=sLE_emfAd74

Absolutely this.

Joel (((Stein)))

>stein

> Old boomer faggots think the information age fits neatly into their narrative of progress

"Glorious! Amazing! Everyone give yourself a hand!"

> Evidence emerges new technology might challenge their stagnant political paradigm

"GUYS, THE INTERNET IS LITERALLY THE HARBINGER OF FASCISM"

>Joel (((Stein)))

The Christ Consciousness will be delivered via the tubes of the internet. God confirmed sense of humor.

You CAN express yourself in real life, you CANNOT be free from external judgement.
You can control what you do, you do not get to control others' reactions explicitly

So when you faggots claim ethnic gene pools matter more than values and upbringing, or that the latter is inherently dependent on the former, you're labeled as people who prejudge individuals based on their ethnicity, aka Racists.

Because America and the greater enlightenment movement has focused on what you can change rather than what you can't, your arguments come off as fatalistic in a nation built on improvement of the self.

Your fundamental lack of imagination or empathy for Normies explains why you believe the freedom of speech somehow includes the freedom from judgement

This too:
What the Bernie and Trump rise has shown to many what was obvious to those who took a moment to travel around and see the country itself is that, in a country as huge as the US, there are many corners for enclaves of people to progress/maintain their views and sensibilities indefinitely.

People who are heavily hooked into the mainstream on left and right felt that the whole country was humming along in a one-standard-deviation-from-the-average dialectic.
The lack of communication or a MSM presence in the most conservative (holding onto delusions about the 50s) and the most left (holding onto delusions about the 50s in Russia) parts of the country meant that they effectively closed their ears to such opinions and believed they were above such extremity or that such extremity was in the minority.

The neglected that the nature of conservatism and progressivism is, at their ideal core, to drift further apart as the former stays in place and the latter keeps moving. They didn't understand that hardcore conservatives were STILL holding their old grounds and younger leftists were moving Faster than previous generations that listened to the MSM

Then, what was once divided became one again and the MSM had to swallow the views that had festered on both that it had neglected to assimilate out of optimism

I used to read Joel Stein's column in the back of TIME. Now I'm voting Trump.

Actuaply maybe it was near the front. Not sure. Either way.

The internet's always been like this

>All German names are Jewish
loving this meme

(((Joel Stein)))
kek

Normies have literally no understanding on the internet.
Shit has changed so much, look at all these cunts using their fucking real names on youtube.

By hate they mean jokes they don't like

Schmidt and Hitler aren't

Bitch we always had the internet lol

This.

Since the advent of iphones and tablets, coons and normies are finally seeing what the internet really is.

This is a wonderful breakdown of internet culture I've seen on all forums.The anonymous users thinks that their preferred platform is the "bastion of Freedom" and the best place to be while passively accepting internal regulations by the site moderators and rules.

If the pursuit from freedom from judgement was genuine, they would've migrated to an unregulated forum where anything goes but that won't work since they would simply prejudge the existing userbase to conform to their modus operandi, making the forum as similar as the last.

What you said is complete bullshit, you can lose your job, there are powers that be that will suppress anyone who is coming from a white nationalist stance. They will be shut down before normies can even hear their message.

Also ethnic gene pools do matter more, why ignore the obvious reality because it hurts your feelings? The people dictate the culture not the other way around.

>Because America and the greater enlightenment movement has focused on what you can change rather than what you can't, your arguments come off as fatalistic in a nation built on improvement of the self.
For white men, you are absolutely correct, but the founding fathers were not talking about non-whites because they never imagined millions would be imported into this land.
>racist
What cuck even takes this word serious anymore?

(((Stein)))

Joel Stein is Jewish you retard.

Niggers

Right and let me guess you can know the race of the anonymous person because of the flags right? Your position is fundamentally flawed on the basis the genetics not only determines culture but also acts as intellectual determinism, that for this to be true the "superior" race, an oxymoron at best, will never fail to perform because of their race.

However reality doesn't care for your opinion, there are people who under perform because of the social and environmental factors you wish to side step for their inconvenience. What your implying is that even if one was to control for all variables except race, that all races outside "white" will devolve into the confirmation bias you created in your mind for them.

Even with a cursory glance of history there is an observable cyclical period where each race or culture thought itself to be superior to their neighbor and the counter culture as a result was met with erasure yet but because you're aware of this you suddenly believe this is unique to white people when just 60 odd years segregation was still a thing, the mainstream culture suppressing the other race and the counter culture emerging from the environment they were led to live in. You're not unique in this aspect.

Not suppress: They personally disagree with your opinions about a thing.
Employers are at liberty to fire you for anything that is within your control or originates from you (as opposed to your birth).
If you're a shitty employee, they can fire you. IF you break civil conduct, they can fire you. If you express opinions they disagree with (even relating to the efficiency of the business) they can fire you (though in my specific instance I wouldnt recommend it).

>Why ignore the obvious reality
Because it's not fucking obvious you retard. Your common sense seems obvious to you because you FEEL it, you don't justify it.

It's like someone saying "OF course black lives matter, it's obvious": Nothing is true until you can prove it from first principles.

>the founding fathers
Dead people don't exist anymore so I suppose the Found Fathers don't get a say in the future they failed to secure. When you leave shit like that ambiguous (and it was ambiguous, they referred to white and black distinctions in letters before), then you take you actively allow for projected meaning

Racist means prejudging and individual based on race, typically with a negative connotation.

White Supremacy prejudges whites as being inherently more intelligent than other races and/or other races being inherently inferior on account of their race.

Dunno, seems like I know the meaning fine.

>boohoo people are mean on the internet

how is this supposed to be a new fucking issue on the internet? when exactly was the internet rainbows and sunshine?

It's mostly cause normies dreamt up something completely different.
They shot for the heavens and discovered the vacuum of space.

(((They))) realize they have no power here. No control.

Excellent post.

>Joel Stein

((())) detected

damn, you breaking shit down to the level.

All fun and games, until it leaks into real life.

youtu.be/-v2EKjM14bQ

> freedom from judgement
>i.e. we can't shame people into conforming to the dominant mindset

>the dominant mindset
what did he mean by this?

People are at liberty to shame you as they want.
You are at liberty to feel shame or not.

It's a social contract: you come into the herd and get financial stability, acceptance and social interaction or you stay away and find those things on your own.

Just as you judge others, they judge you. The difference is that, given that your personal resources allow you to discriminate on those you judge, those with more resources (either in individuals or in masses) can more severely discriminate against the opinions of others.

I don't get why this is hard to understand, what were you raised to believe society and people were like?

He's talking about the Jews.

The war is over and they won

>there are several human races
>they are all very different from each other
>you point that out in a vital moment where your country is about to import thousands of sub races who don't even want to absorb your country's culture
>people yell "racist! this opinion should be banned"

The fall of the West in a nutshell

The internet was never theirs to lose

I didn't say anything like that.
All I said is that rejecting someone before you give them the chance to absorb your culture is racist.
Also, in what operational ways are the races different from each other. Some are more attuned to certain things (and some are inherently less attuned across the board for all things) but that doesn't mean they don't still have potential through hard work.

I'm not a bleed heart. If someone isn't willing to accept free-enterprise, thought-before-judgement and the development of ideas and technology through dialectics as so many third world Syrians are oft to, then they can stay the fuck out.

All I'm saying is ask them before shutting the gates. That doesn't mean we have to take them all in, but we can do what the US has always done: brain-drain the creme of the crop who meets our standards.

(Not saying we take in a lot of dead-weight from Mexico and other places but that comes with an imperfect system for brain-drain)

American education at work, everybody!

I mean Laws are the one of the few things that separate us from barbarians

all erman names ending in -stein are, in fact, jewish names. when jews were forced at the end of the 18th century to adopt en masse the christian habit of proper family names, they were more or less allowed to choose (depended on bribery paid to the official handling the registry and very often they chose names of precious gems, which are called all kinds of stones/stein in german.

>when exactly was the internet rainbows and sunshine?

1995-2002 or thereabouts. then the messy stuff started.

|
|>
|
|
Your nose shows, mister schmidt.

Hitler and Stalin were Time's person of the year too

>You can control what you do, you do not get to control others' reactions explicitly
so censorship from anyone apart from the government, right? get the fuck out of here the founding fathers meant clear expression of thought when dealing with the first amendment not only against the government.

>Joel (((Stein)))

youtu.be/ZtREnrZM43o

This is why

Jewgle encourages it
they want it to be as normie friendly as possible, even though it never will be

I don't know where this idea of a perfect life on the internet came from
from as early as I can remember, the internet has always been a source of people being dicks for the sake of being dicks

It soon became white noise to me, but newcomers don't seem to be able to get used to it.

AHAHAHAHA IS THIS REAL LIFE?

Sup Forums IS MENTIONED IN THE ARTICLE SOMEONE WAS PAID TO WRITE THIS AHAHAHAHAHAHA

>rejecting someone before you give them the chance to absorb your culture is racist
There are plenty of reasons not to invite people into your home that aren't racist. For instance, perhaps you enjoy the peace and quite. Perhaps you don't want them around. Perhaps you don't have room. Perhaps you would gain nothing from their company.

A country is like a larger version of your house. If people take shit care of their own house, why invite them into yours?

Most people will be giving in public, and try and help people, but they enjoy being able to retreat to their space to relax.

This whole situation where a small set of grandstanding moralists are forcing people to be giving with community owned resources through emotional blackmail and accusations of racist is fucking horrible.

You can see what it has done to France. They import millions, the people hate them that they bring in, and the situation that the 'refugees' or 'migrants' were fleeing in the first place doesn't change.

You are wrong in your most basic assumptions and the whole house of cards comes crashing down.

And this is where I find myself in a awkward alliance with white nationalists becuase people overuse the accusation of racism so much to the point where I cannot have a forum in real life without people attacking me or attempting to destroy my life.

I'm not a bad person. I want these people to be prosperous and happy. I just don't think you destroy our country to make their lives incrementally better.

Everything that makes the US good can be exported. They are ideas.

And the thing is you people don't try and export these ideas. You don't hold people like HRC to task when they buddy up with genocidal dictators like the Suadi Royalty.

Nonsense. Not only is your post full of shit and farts, but I can tell by the pic you posted that you're a fucking newfag. You have to go back... To Reddit.

Then yelling 'fire' in a crowded movie theater should be met with no punishment?

Also, I was not aware you were a 240+ year old being who was around when the Founding Fathers were drafting up the Bill of Rights to ask them what they meant.

" Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press"

Everything they did was explicitly to prevent the overbearing of a monarch-government.

And what do you mean "Clear Expression of Thought?" Are you saying other people aren't allowed to react negatively to your views? That they aren't allowed to use their private assets against you within legal limits SET DOWN IN THE CONSTITUTION AND BILL OF RIGHTS against you?

If the Founding Fathers MEANT something, they should have been smart enough to write it down. If they weren't smart enough to write it down, they probably weren't that smart when constructing any of the three core articles (Declaration, Constitution and Bill of Rights) to begin with.

You are now aware that "fire in a crowded theater" was coined by a judge that was throwing people in prison for pushing consensus for the US to not enter WW 1.

I said the same thing though.
I'm in line with the idea that US' cultural influence in the world should be expanded so that we don't have to be the ivory tower of the whole world any more.

There was a great bit on kikebook about this, lemme find it.
youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

I completely agree with you that it's better if we have the countries of the world reshape to better their own culture and conditions than us having to take the few competent, forward thinking ones behind our pearly gates.

My only point to most of these people is that they actively condemn these people, now AND FOREVER. They believe that Muslims and Syrians and Mexicans are permanently beyond salvation because of deficiencies compared to whites within a standard deviation most days.

Rather than ask "how do we get people to be better", they ask "how can we get rid of everyone of this race who, on a statistical mean, less intelligent/liberal than us"

I'm not saying "We let them all in and then kick out those who cause trouble." Hell, our current citizenship test is pretty solid in terms of sorting out people before they get here. The issue is in the two parties of people: the zealous and the pragmatic (but empathetic).
The zealous want to murder Mexicans for personal reasons that they justify in post (reasons they dont carry through to their logical conclusion).
The pragmatic just don't want sentiment to make judgements before reason can sort out the reality of the situation

We really shouldn't have.
It was a clusterfuck with no good or bad guys, just young men dying for the old aristocracy to sort out personal squabbles.

Going through the history leading up to WW1 is a trip. I still blame Napoleon and the romantics for the in-going enthusiasm everyone had

We used to say in jest that the internet was srs bsns, the newer generation takes that seriously.

Woops, misread. I thought the judge was pushing for not entering WW1. I'll delete my other comment

Apparently I can't, never bothered to check for the option before

(((You)))

Yeah, I see what you mean.

Try and remember that many people here have been damaged. They have had some tragedy reach them that was brought on by the parties they purport to hate.

It's a very normal reaction.

But their lives have value, and you should have the empathy to understand the motives may come from trauma and upbringing, just as much as any inner-city kid.

The problem is that this sort of way of thinking is going to increase so long as things are handled in such a way as negative motive is always attributed to white people, while environmental determinism is used to justify everyone elses behavior.

Everyone can see it's unfair, and just because they can't articulate it or see it doesn't mean it's not a problem.

In fact, with the growing demographic shift and the current climate of identity politics, its almost 100% assured there will be a large white identity movement in my lifetime.

What kind of armchair do you own? I need to avoid that shit.

Anonymity has always played a role in political discourse. Just look at the Federalist Papers. Sometimes you really can't express the truth openly.

I've only read a few exerts of the Federalists papers, I had no idea that some of them were anonymous.

Will Pepe be person of the year?

>current climate of identity politics
personally i believe this is putting a screeching halt to all forms of progress
i'm sure whitey would be alright with demographic shifts if this wasn't a thing
i mean in the 80s and before (for example) it was there, but always hidden/ minimized; for some weird reason, these few years this got catapulted into the top-level to go argument for something among youngsters
what gives?!

You're losing because we are a sick of it.
We are sick of your faggotry.
We are sick of your cuckoldry.
We are sick of your feminism.
We are sick of YOU.

We are done being quiet. We will be silent no longer.

I have empathy, I've gone on road-trips across America, North to South, East to West.

I've seen the husked out coal towns where people became so content in their job that they opted not to think or aspire past their living, and so passed that thinking down to their children.

I've seen entire cities rendered to a skeleton, excavated of any wealthy citizens and left with only those who were literally too poor to move.

I've seen the suffering in our borders but that's where I see the injustice in how people are reacting to it. A leader is supposed to take people somewhere they would not have gotten on their own. A good leader is one who takes them somewhere genuinely better, perhaps against their doubts but never against their consent.

But the perception of an issue is not a true indicator of an issue. When you grow, many feel pain due to your body's bones and muscles increasing in size. It's for the better but it's not a fully gentle process.

What has driven a lot of the white identity movement in the US is the perception that new workers from abroad have taken jobs or that corporations have sent jobs abroad but, assuming that's the true case, then those who claim to lead need to use their head where their constituents will not. Rather than riling up a mob into a blind thrashing, they need to be able to understand with their mind in a way that millions of emotional people won't or are unwilling to.

Let's take the issue of lost jobs for instance. If they really are going to non-Americans, either by importing workers or exporting them to another country, how does one bring them back? Well, if you look at the history of why we had such a boom in those manufacturing jobs (assuming those are the ones that White Identity movements so closely hold onto), we see that the reason the US had them was not anything particular about the US.

People started saying things they didn't want to hear.

As is literally ALWAYS the case with free speech.

I don't think I said anything about an armchair?

Also, that's a pretty crazy hat, kemosabe

A small segment of the population figured out they don't have to get real jobs if they can incite racial hatred and world views. No one inside the black communities, or Hispanic communities polices this behavior. This forces white people to call them out on it, which of course only increases the tribalism and defensiveness, since a outsider is criticizing the in-group. It also doesn't help that there is a subset of the white community which is being told they are more noble then the rest of the white people if they side with tribalist outsiders. Resisting this ALSO gets you accused of being racist.

Its a fucked mess. I have no idea how to fix it.

There's a reason true anarchy doesn't exist, friend.

It's incompatible with humanity, even a swarm of chaos has order, as you've no doubt noticed.

Regular folks can simply not handle trolling/banter, which are 99.9% of my posts and probably everybody else's here too.

A right-wing dude was beat up a few months ago in my university, for being a right-wing dude.

Fuck you.

We had the only industrial sector still intact in the first-world, we were literally the only country that COULD produce the goods and resources we had.

So, if we take it that, as the rest of the world's industrial sectors began to catch up (in particular, China's and Japan's in the 20th century and Mexico's in the 21st), then it's not hard to see why we lose jobs: we don't have a monopoly on production anymore.

Now, that's not to say that the loss of jobs isn't an issue but Trump's method is incredibly roundabout: artificially keeping jobs in the US is like Sweden trying to artificially keep Ikea and its founder in their country so they could keep taxing him to hell to pay for their ridiculous and ineffective social programs.

I would wager an attempt to artificially keep jobs in the US by threatening a tariff on companies that move factories overseas is more likely to cause the mass-outflux of factories and jobs (where China and Mexico and even fucking Canada and Germany will make huge offers to companies who are now being pressured by the US) and spur a black-market for previously American-Company products.

The simple issue is that Manufacturing won't come back because we treat our workers like, well, people and not meat-machines like the Indians and Chinese and Japanese do.

Instead, we ought to look for new areas of where we are beginning to see industry rise and push the next generation to be more flexible in how they set their career path. The simple fact is that competition is reaching a global scale where companies are clients and nations and states within those nations are vendors. And Vice Versa to an extent.

Yearning for the past is a dangerous sentiment because it assumes that you know what caused the past. Or, if you don't know the cause but you still want to go back, implies an infantile sentiment.

(((stein)))

/thread

The problem is, you take much of this place far too seriously.

Of course there are lunatics on both sides, only by desensitizing yourself to the extremes are you able to have a perspective untainted by bias and self righteous virtue.

Many are only halfway through this transformation.

And of course there is hate, there will always be hate as long as there is love.

One cannot exist without the other.

The thing was, is that when these deals were done with free trade in mind, very little thought was put into these cities in the rust belt. No one thought, hey, how are we going to keep these massive urban areas relevant and keep all these people employed so their families can be ok.

No, what happened was, is that a politician spoke to either a large CEO, or banker, and told them that that deal would increase their profit margins, and then they would help them get re-elected.

It was the reverse-new-deal. State sponsored destruction of industry. No you can say, hey this is great because globalization. But it's really not.
Its not cheaper to build things on the opposite side of the planet and ship them across a Ocean, unless you are able to royally fuck over the local worker, which is what has happened in China, Indonesia, Mexico, etc.

It thunderfucks class mobility here, since industrial jobs were the number one way for low class to middle class social mobility to happen.

It fucks over the country because it's not self sufficient, and puts us into a situation where we are constantly meddling with foreign countries affairs.

I could go on. There are so many reasons this was a horrible idea. Now we are dying. The great industrial bread basket of the US is a husk. It didn't have to be that way.

So now almost all the industry that can't be shipped overseas is military. AND THEN you wonder why the fuck we are always at war. Thats WHY. Because it's the only sector of industry we can't export.

>Getting RL (you)s

Nice.

another theme here that your forgeting is not just racism but globalists being one people is inherently bad and dangerous

Everything went right

Going backwards is hard because, like in the Great Gatsby, the events the cause the past were particular and even the intention to GO back causes its own ripples, corrupts our efforts from the very beginning.

The past is a tricky place to go back to because why people want to go back is more important than when: Why do people want to go back to the past? Because they had a better life? Because the world made sense? Because the music and movies were better?

These are all sentiments and largely based out of one's perception: The past was experienced in a time before experience, the new was, well, new to you. The world you are born into is the one you take for granted, isn't it?

If you believe you were given your world from on-high, then any alteration seems like a snake in the garden, yes? But the truth is that that is always the case, there is always a snake in the garden that remakes it, including making the one we were all born into that we assume is the steady-state.

Your world is not an Eden granted ex nihilo that was corrupted by a snake but an ouroboros chain, snakes eating each other's garden and remaking it, infinitely into the future and infinitely into the past.

The one thing that is changing, largely due to the advancement in technology, is the rate of change that seems to exaggerate the degree of individual changes within a given year.

This is my largest concern: in both population, technology, waste and social policies, the rate of change is increasing. It's inherent and it's the actual core issue, in my opinion

>you faggots claim ethnic gene pools matter more than values and upbringing, or that the latter is inherently dependent on the former
>you're labeled as people who prejudge individuals based on their ethnicity, aka Racists.
We really don't care, especially if everything we say is true. You haven't actually refuted any of the beliefs you stated, you just called them racist you fucking faggot. LITERALLY not an argument

>you believe the freedom of speech somehow includes the freedom from judgement
No one on here believes that at all, lurk more dumb cunt

It is inevitable, but it is still much too soon to push through.

There is far too much scarcity in the world, and far too much greed.

All globalism does is lower the ceiling.

In short? Smart phones.

What do you think is going to happen when mass automation happens friendo?

When we have billionaires that dictate government policy from the shadows, and they can build their personal Dr. Robotnick style army of guard drones.

I know you think that shit is sci-fi, but it's not.

We are in this situation with a huge and growing underclass, and a large segment of investor class people who run our government from the shadows. Our inability to keep and retain pluralism because we moved critical infrastructure overseas reflects very poorly on us.

We are in a situation where things are set to trend worse for a very long time for the people of this nation. Thats something we can avoid if we have the will for it.

You say everyone longs for the past, like its all born out of romanticism. The truth is that our generation is the first generation of people, since this countries inception, that will see its standard of living drop.

So I know it may feel good to say that, and ascribe wistfulness or something, but we have to take good care of our people. Thats the FIRST job of a nation.

then the most opressive dangerous chapter in human history is yet upon us you don't understand anything

TIME Magazine is mad that people are holding opinions that don't meet with their mass immigration, multicultural society.

No, it is you who don't understand.

Pushing globalism right NOW, would lead to the most oppressive regime ever created.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PLXQ0qbq6jY

I agree completely. In the mind of the company, the contract between them and their employees ends when they hand over the paycheck, and for the most part it does.

The issue is the social and economic dependence that people put on singular, monolithic industries that basically created the towns in the first place. As a business came and created, it also took away in due time.

In fact, I think that's incredibly apt: Military is the last-man standing in terms of domestic industries inherently tied to the US because they're tied to the government as second parties.

The question is what do we do about this. In pure logical terms, the companies aren't in the wrong for doing what is best for them, and their contract with the communities they themselves spurred into existence did end with paid taxes and given paychecks.

So we need to look to new development which, in the technologically-centric, automated era, means that even the low-level workers will need to be better educated than their centurial analogs.

That's what my biggest issue with the Right in general is: they push recovery of jobs that, within the interest of the companies AND the politicians (of which Trump is now both at once), are against coming back to the US as it is now.

What I enjoy, in concept, about technocrats like Romney and the shit the Rubio espoused (and likely would never follow up on) was an emphasis on building a new middle class based on the principles of a new world.

The nature of the world economy just isn't what it was in the 40s: manufacturing is valued but taken for granted in a world where human beings can be paid less than the electricity used for job-competitive machines. More and more jobs of systemic natures (essentially, artisanal jobs) are being cut out as we figure out how to map out the entirety of their function and protocol.

A fundamental new vision of the economy has to be conceived and tested for our children.

Think of the internet pre-twitter, pre-tumblr, pre-instagram, pre-snapchat, pre-google's youtube, pre-conde nast's reddit, pre-chanology Sup Forums. Basically anything before 2008.

It was a beautiful place. Most people didn't spend more than a few minutes online, some did but most didn't. Spending time on the internet was seen as a negative. Everything was everywhere. Then around the time the iphone came out people started to realize the internet was not bad. It was a good place. The internet was about everything. Then information started being centralized and compacted. Google had succeeded in making everything accessible. You only found what you wanted. Like the time magazine cover shows the internet stopped being about everything and became about "you". People where the center of attention. The internet went from being a TV to being a camera. Look at the date on that time magizine cover: 2007. In just a couple of yours after that the flood gates opened. Instead of the internet being a speaker it became a microphone.

TL:DR: Internet changed. It went from being about everything but you it went to being nothing but you. We went wrong and by "we" I mean you.

scarcity? no
greed? what greed?
food? no way
water? not really
space? nah
it's power, control and environment

what's the first thing women did after equality - fight to preserve privileges on top of new rights (army draft, old etiquette, place in family)
what's the first thing arabs did after reaching europe and given free $ - start spreading religious (not islam in general btw, their specific interpretation) influence
what's the first thing gays did after decriminalization - shove it in everybody's faces by going onto trains in BDSM gear, hoping to gain fame