The Tick

what did you think of the first season Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Tick_characters
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Enjoyed it much more than I thought based on my initial opinion of the pilot. Episode 2 felt immediately funnier to me.

It was better than Defenders despite the smaller budget. My only gripe is that Tick seems a little too dumb, at least compared to the other versions. I'd love to see Chairface Chippendale at some point. Also didnt they say this was only half of season 1 and will release the other half later to avoid binge watching?

Can't wait till the Tick meets the Terror

I want to fuck Ms. Lint

A thread about it the other day reminded me that I have Amazon Prime, so I checked it out. It was good, I liked it

Anyone else think this Arthur is a little too much of a pussy? They dialed his nervous attitude up to 11, and the guy they casted makes me want to punch him square in the jaw. Also bit of a nitpick, but I miss the goggles that were shaded. The clear ones just look weird and dont fit right on his head

>Anyone else think this Arthur is a little too much of a pussy?
Well, that's the point. I do like Griffin Newman in the role though.

Yeah, I know what you mean. But I think they did it on purpose so the character development would be more pronounced

Enjoyable. Of all the current cape tv shows out there it's one of the best. Outside that very specific category though it is not.

completely agree. I felt the pilot was weak despite liking the Tick himself in it. But yeah the subsequent episodes were a lot better.

>My only gripe is that Tick seems a little too dumb, at least compared to the other versions.

Really? I thought he was around Warburton Tick's intelligence level or better. But some things (like Tick saying he needs Arthur's brain to help him) sound more like they're leaving open the possibility that Tick is an imaginary friend Arthur brought to life.

Of course he is, this Arthur is unlike the past ones. All of the other ones willingly became a superhero before meeting the Tick. The comic version already donned the costume and used the wings pretty well and deliberately sought out The Tick. The cartoon and first live-action versions put on the costume while still trying to function as an accountant and then unintentionally met the Tick.

This one's an Arthur who was traumatized by the death of his father, the death of his favorite heroes, and the Terror being an asshole to him and needed The Tick to break him out of his shell.

The re-cut pilot was much improved over the first version last year despite cutting down some of Tick's great ramblings when he first meets Arthur

>Also didnt they say this was only half of season 1 and will release the other half later to avoid binge watching?
Yes

>My only gripe is that Tick seems a little too dumb, at least compared to the other versions.
As someone who remembers the cartoon well, I find this truly difficult to imagine. The Tick was dumb as a damned stump, and childish to boot.

>to avoid binge watching
Why would they want to avoid that?

it ticked me off.

Question: can I watch the entire show if I get the free Prime sub?

Bump for answer.

yes

Thanks. I've been saving the free month for The Tick.
Third world scum with no money and such.

Does the offer have an expiration date? Cause I kinda recommend waiting till the rest of the season is out early next year so you can watch it in one go.

Pretty meh overall. Superian had a small rip on his suit in the giant man episode and it literally bothered me all day.

I don't think so. I mean, the first Netflix month is always free I believe. Should be the same with Prime.

Question. And this will affect whether I jump through the hoops to aquire this shit legally. Is there The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight in it?

All the cartoon-only characters are owned by some other production company.

That's a damn shame, that was my favorite guest in the cartoon too. The whole Comet Club episode was gold.

I haven't read the comics, only watched the cartoon and have yet to watch this new series;

which characters from the cartoon were cartoon-only and who can we actually possibly see in the live-action series?

Loved it

How much does it differ from the animated/original comic? I only vaguely remember the animated series, doesn't Arthur hook up with the daughter of the suit's inventor?

>Chairface Chippendale
My nigga!

That's a shame

I know for a fact that Chairface was in the original comic.

Personally I would love for the appearance of Chairface Chippendale!

>which characters from the cartoon were cartoon-only

Honestly? Most of them. There's a few villains whoa aren't, but that's it.

There's a reason why nobody besides Arthur and The Terror showed up in the Warburton sitcom.

Here is the list of which characters are from the original comics (characters that have the potential to be in the current series) and cartoon (characters that are owned by a different company)

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Tick_characters

The terror has shown up in all these series so far.

I hope Chairface makes an appearance here.

Did it have Die Fledermaus? Because if it didn't have Die Fledermaus then it's crap.

Because of free trial months.
People use a free trial to watch a show they want and then don't stick around.

>wanting to fuck Lint
>not wanting Lint to fuck you
Pleb taste

I'd love to see Chainsaw Vigilante, but I figure most of what he'd do has been supplanted by Overkill.

>which characters from the cartoon were cartoon-only and who can we actually possibly see in the live-action series?

Easiest way is to go over who appeared in the comic before the show debuted. So that'd include:

-Tick
-Arthur
-Dot
-Barry
-Caped Wonder (the Superman parody; he only cameoed on the cartoon, but he's also not neccesary since they went with Superian as a Superman analogue on the new show)
-Red Scare (he wasn't in the cartoon, but a version of him was used in the Warburton show)
-A Civic-Minded Five (the only member of the team in the comic that was in the show was Feral Boy)
-Four-Legged Man
-Various characters from Chairface's party (the episode was partially an adaptation of one of the original comics; the comic used a Dick Tracy parody instead of American Maid) but you'll have to check and see who was in the comic and the cartoon.)
-Pineapple Pokopo (he was a guest at Chairface's party in the comic)
-Man-Eating Cow
-Thrakkorzog
-Mighty Agrippa
-Fishboy
-Big Shot (he's never named this in the comic; we only see him in one panel at the Comet Club in #11)
-The dog sidekick and the gorilla sidekick from the Comet Club
-The Terror
-Multiple Santa
-Tuun-La

I think that might've been it.

I think had Marshal Law or The Boys got made into a TV show in recent years, then the Tick show could've made Chainsaw Vigilante a parody of that kind of character to distinguish him from the usual vigilante type, since Chainsaw Vigilante's thing in the comics is he hates superheroes.

Sorry user I hate to tell you this but it's a cartoon exclusive which from rumors were had issues of rights to use the characters since he was made for the cartoon and not originally the comics.

:(

What's was everyone's favorite funny scene? Mine was:

>Now they are gonna come back and kill me!
>Not on my watch!
>Ok gotta go!

"After the papers printed his real name and photo, the Terror's goons broke into Cat-Man-Murphy's compound, executed his puma wife and their litter of.... child... kittens."
"That's messed up."
"On a bunch of levels."

Did they even try get Warburton? I remember seeing him say somewhere he'd be up for it.

He's producer on the show. I think something came up and he wasn't able to do it, or they just liked the guy they got more.

I was too young to remember Warburton but I can tell you my boy Serafinowics is just as good if not better.

>Name?
>Arthur
>Your superhero name is Arthur?
>...Yes. Which is as far from my real name as possible
>*"Arthur" - Confirmation Pending*

Well that's certainly better than nothing then.

The Amazon Prime trivia notes that he was a bit down about it, but was quoted as saying "If we make it to the finish line, then that's fine by me".

That sucks. He was my favourite.

Edlund says that in everything he works on he tries to write in a part for Patrick Warburton even if Warburton doesn't get the chance to do the role.

That whole Katmandude scene had me rolling
"He wasn't mauled, he was mangled! I'm being framed by The Mangler!"

Could you do this guy in live action?

Comic>animated series>1st live action series>videogame>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>this series

What was the name of the rice again?

the comic was 12 issues with the first 4 being a (kinda) daredevil parody where the tick just faces off with a bunch of Ninjas. I could see them doing the Ninja World story line though (would fit in with the show). Paul the Samurai could fit in though
though they would probably keep Oedipus out seeing as the Tick is way more child like.

Superian could be Clark Oppenheimer i guess (don't recall them ever mentioning what his super hero name was in the comic)

the Bat Character/tough lady character from cartoon and live action aren't form the comics so they would have to do YET another version of them if they wanted to use them.

Overkill is basically Chainsaw vigilante , so its weird Ben just didn't use him.

chairface is from the comics( along with writing his name on the moon). The man eating cow seems unlikely too appear though

So Arthur in the tick is basically David of legion?

I'm honestly surprised that Arthur wasn't being played by Elijah Wood by way of Wilfred and Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency.

More like the dude from Harvey

Chainsaw doesn't kill. He just makes superheroes naked.

not enough niggers and arab for my taste.
the tic should be recast by mandingo
and every opening should start with him banginh a white woman he just saved from a nazi

Fuck off.

Give it time, he'll probably end up playing Barry

Idk, it's not over yet

DOT IS CUTE

AND S E X Y

I like his delivery. He's so earnest and sincere.

Also his interactions with people at Step-dads birthday were adorable

Looking for somewhere to put his knife. But no place was good enough.

This.

Too thin, not that the guy now is chubby but he's got a rounder softer look in the face.

good point. she probably makes a good dom.

The Tick's first encounter with Overkill, especially the line "Your hockey puck has a message on it." Although runner-up would be any time someone hands something to The Tick and he just responds with that polite, if somewhat baffled "Thank you!"

I think they could make him look unsettling to account for the low budget. He's supposed to be THE ugliest villain around whose mere existance is painful, yet he never comes across as any more weird than the rest of the cast - he even had a son!

it just makes people do two smaller 3 hour binges than a long 6 hr one.

I think they're really going to push that the tick was a creation of authors mind.... or rather that author willed the tick into existence, not that he's a figment of Authors imagination.

Like was said earlier it's probably to hook free monthers into paying when they get invested in half a season.

I had not thought of that.

>videogame>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>this series

Only if you're a fucking idiot. About the only good thing about that game was they mixed in comic and cartoon characters in it.

>Tick seems a little too dumb
This is the guy that uses a view mater to find crime. He knocked himself unconscious by breathing through a straw. He thought a subway line was the inside of a whale. And all of this was just the first issue. It's hard to make Tick any dumber.

>Superian could be Clark Oppenheimer i guess (don't recall them ever mentioning what his super hero name was in the comic)

They just call him "Caped Wonder". The first live-action show did have another Superman analogue, Champion, but he was a lawyer named Steve instead of being Clark Oppenheimer.

>Overkill is basically Chainsaw vigilante , so its weird Ben just didn't use him.

Overkill may think superheroes get in his way but he's not out to completely stop them like Chainsaw Vigilante does.

>The man eating cow seems unlikely too appear though

I doubt it, the show already established the existence of a talking dog.

dumb costumes

These are the best costumes since Watchmen, imo.

The talking dog is a good set up for when Tick and Arthur go to superhero club and Arthur has to go to side kick club instead

I forgot he was called Caped Wonder. I could see New Tick running into Superion in his alter ego and bothering him (like in the comic)

Chainsaw is a bit different than over kill but I just liked CV overall "look" more. It was more interesting visually though overkill is suppose to be a parody of tacticool edgy anti heroes so it makes sense

Very Large Man is similar to the chainsaw spin off comic though . Where a guys entire body had cancer and became huge and naked (not sure if Ben had much to do with spin off comics though)

Love it. Would do more.

im glad they changed the suit. I didn't like the pilot suit

tuwo shinkafa

I'm glad they even made a joke about it

LITTLE
WOODEN
BOY!

>Those awful M.Bay tier costumes design

awful just awful

also why promoting those new characters, they weren't in the show

>I'd love to see Chairface Chippendale
The best villain of the show
and actually that wouldn't be hard to make
just put a chair on actor's head

I prefered those costumes

six fucking episodes that's it? fuck what ever happened to 12? niko and the sword of light got 13!

Rest will be released later.

what is Michael Bay tier about those costumes? Tick, Arthur, and Superian are goofy as fuck. Overkill is clearly a play on the 'tacticool suit' while Dot and Miss Lint are wearing regular clothing.

It was a bait post you fool

And you completely missed the whole point of the Tick. Well done.

He had a little stool?

These were far better.

That's kinda proved incorrect though in the show itself when Arthur believed the same thing until Dot.

Yep. Called Stoolface and everything.