Dumbing of age

Tonight's strip begins a six week Sunday.

>dem Joyce boobs
Y'know, now that Joyce is ruined, I don't mind sexualizing her.

Anyways, last night's password was "fun". Tonight's password is "hnnnrrgh". Other than that, I've got nothing else.

oh so it's gonna be a sexualizing Joyce thread then?

why is sarah excited for church. are they meeting up with jacob or something

Cute role reversal. Not a fan of Joyce continually forgetting that Sarah will mamoru her forever.

Another one of those moments I wish the art was better, but I'll take the Sarah close-ups I can get.

I don't think Sarah is going, but Joyce has a date to go to church with Jacob and Sarah is excited for that. Because she hates Raidah.

I follow these threads off and on. Everything about the Christianity in these strips is impenetrable to me. I assume it's because I grew up Catholic.

Yeah, Catholicism is generally the same across the board, while every Protestant church is different.

Baptists are pretty similar to Catholics, honestly, in terms of beliefs.

Churches are generally used for gossip, seeing people, dressing up, and eating with your loved ones. My old church's sermons were about stupid crap (like why the lottery was evil), so we stopped going.

Church is largely a social thing, good for community-building and prayer circles and stuff like that.

Unless you're from some supermajority Catholic country I'm pretty sure you have some grasp of Protestantism.

When are Joyce and Joe going to fuck

>Sarah will mamoru her forever
What?

>I don't think Sarah is going, but Joyce has a date to go to church with Jacob and Sarah is excited for that. Because she hates Raidah.
Completely forgot about that. I kind of hope Sarah goes just to watch and eat popcorn.

The more I look at this strip, the worse Joyce's boobs look in the second panel.

Willis (allegedly) has a wife. How could he not take like 5 seconds to take a picture of her and use it as a reference?

Also, the highlights on Sarah's face are done horribly. It's like she started putting on foundation meant for Billie.

Willis estimated 2054 for Dina and Becky. So... 2197?

Willis's family is from the batshit insane part of protestantism. It didn't help that his mom was basically a nutjob outside of her religion and they kept hopping churches.

>Churches are generally used for gossip, seeing people, dressing up, and eating with your loved ones.
Not too religious but this is why I miss going to church.

mamoru = protect

necrobumper

So this was an alternative strip layout for the beginning of Dorothy and Amber's talk

I can see why he scrapped it. It's droll as balls.
But it's also an example of Willis' strange pacing decisions. This strip cuts right to the heart of why Dorothy is confronting Amber. In the final version, we had two: One dumb strip where Amber pretended to be Dina, and the actual question being asked.

I'd rather have had the one-and-done strip because it gets right into it. It shows that both of them know why they're talking, and it shows that Amber wants to get it over-with and that Dorothy is insistent on getting an answer.

I was wondering what was in Amber's hands, but then I checked the released strip and it's the towel.

Here's the strip where she shows that she's rooting for Joyce (from which I made that "It's happening" image). And yeah already answered but mamoru means protect, I think Woolie from Super Best Friends turned me on to it.

Jeez, I forgot the strip again. I make this mistake all the time now that I switched to text captcha

Grew up a Southern Baptist. To be completely fair I share a good bit of Willy's scorn for the institution. It's highly dysfunctional, mongrelized, and bastardized, and fosters abhorrence for not just other faiths, but other denominations. Catholicism was treated as only a slight step above heathen faiths, in part because it had spiritual authority (everyone is equal!), but mostly because the rituals and customs associated with it were seen as infringing upon personal freedoms (i.e. murricans are lazy).

As for church itself, it was characterized by people atoning for their last week of whoring around, acting catty to one another for what they were wearing, picking up easy lays for the next week of whoring around, and basically renewing ones "Christiniaty subscription" so they could scoff at other people for not being their specific type of Christian or not going to church as often.

It was sickeningly hypocritical and I don't particularly judge Willy for shitting on it. Though he's still a retard.

I have trouble getting why people (Willy's fans, mostly) think Sarah and Joyce are awful for not wanting Jacob and Raidah to be together/ trying/wanting to break them apart.

Raidah's particularly bitchy, especially to Sarah, and the whole idea of her being with Jacob, who Sarah likes, always struck me as being presented as an injustice and something to feel sympathy for Sarah and hate Raidah for.

is this going to end with Jacob comically misunderstanding Joyce's intentions and Joyce getting BLACKED while Sarah cries herself to sleep in the next room?

Yes, except for the last part, because Sarah and Joyce will double-team him, while Becky, Dina, and Leslie fuck at her place, and Amber, Danny, and Sal get busy across the way.

The Slipshine will be called "Two Threesomes and a Foursome", because Amber has DID apparently.

I think Sarah would be into it.

But, no, I don't think Jacob and Joyce would bang. That would fun and nothing fun happens. She'll probably get way into him (she's already super turned on by him supporting her celibacy choice) but one of them will be responsible and break things up.

Oh, oh! What if instead they inverse Three's Company him and switch out Sarah for Joyce without him finding out.

Threadly reminder.

I like that Joyce is throwing Joe some love. I legitimately hope they get together.

Me too, user! Me too.

I'm gonna break out of my normal riducule and give Willis a compliment. That he recognized that Joe and Joyce sorta always had great chemistry, and that he's kinda going out of his way to bring them back together for DOA.

If these two end up together I may bump my 3/10 for DOA to like a 5/10.

Saved

Lutheranism is basically Catholocism with a few rituals altered. No Pope, no purgatory, no indulgences and you make confessions straight to God as opposed to a priest intermediary.
Pastors are there to advise in matters of faith, and preach about various subjects, but do not speak for God.

>now that Joyce is ruined
okay, what'd i miss?

"Don't look at Leslie, look at me"

She became the female Willis

>Baptists are pretty similar to Catholics, honestly, in terms of beliefs.
This is untrue

>baptists are similar to catholics, in terms of beliefs
you WOT. baptists are (comparatively) liberal as SHIT

This better?

One of my best friends is Catholic, and there are a lot of correlations I noticed.

My church also banned anything related to Disney for like 10 years because they hire gay people. Seriously.

I grew up in catholic, baptist, and more strict protestant homes.

In terms of what I saw, strictness-wise:
Reform Christian>Roman Catholic>Catholic>>>>baptist.

all of them hate gays, but as an example, I was beaten by my reform family for singing backstreet boys and I went to church twice every sunday, while I wasn't even required to go to church every week in my baptist home.

Anglican Prod here. I also don't recognise the weird apocalyptic death cult most of the "Christians" in this strip seem to follow

why the hell is that teacher literally flashing her bra at the students
she's intentionally not only opened the shirt but also carefully tucked /folded it open so her bra is in plain sight

how is this supposed to be okay? A teacher flashing her students all lesson long?

Is there a better way to read this comic? I've be binge reading and I'm on January 2017. However, the site loads slower than I'm use to. Is their a way to speed it up or does he upload these to another site?

I think there's a phone app that's supposed to make it easier?

And yet she's disturbed by people staring at it. She was only thinking about Robin, not about her own students.

>janny still trying to get me banned for no reason
jesus christ.

She always was. He's said flat out that she's autobiographical.

The problem is that Willis cannot into nuanced villains, so Raidah HAS to be some crappy soap opera villainess. Now, if she were a GOOD soap opera villainess, like Alexis Carrington, then the idea might have some legs.
I'd like to think that even a Gender Studies teacher would get SOME kind of reprimand for that shit in the real world.

why are jannitors such little bitches? What kind of loser you have to be in order to ''work'' as a janitor here?

Well, we haven't seen her in quite some time. Maybe Willis has decided some more of her characteristics by now. hahahahahahaha, no

If they tried to reprimand Leslie, she would have found a way out of it. Plus, she was almost late to class and then left almost immediately. Hardly anyone even saw her.

>she would have found a way out of it
Probably have given some smarmy lecture about the patriarchy, or how the backlash to her shitty lesson" proves her point... some kinda crap like that.

Not compared to Catholics.