I stopped reading Homestuck around Cascade...

I stopped reading Homestuck around Cascade. I remember leaving the fandom where everyone was dressing up as trolls to coming back and seeing constant "RIP" or "Hussie fell from grace" comments.

Outside of the whole King's Quest stolen money controversy, what the hell happened? What did Hussie do that scared the fandom away so hard?

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@RoseOfNobility/et-tu-hussie-on-spades-slick-bec-noir-eb3f310df974
friendlybatteringram.tumblr.com/post/154947724188/altstuck
twitter.com/AnonBabble

His dad died and Hussie took a long break from the comic. When it did return it had lost all momentum and most of the cast were sidelined for new characters. It just ran out of steam towards the end and we should be thankful it was finished at all.

It became the anime it was always meant to be.

Great time to stop reading.
Even makes for a decent conclusion to the story.

this. i wish hussie died soon after its release so we could forever wonder what could have been, instead of the nightmare reality we were thrust into soon afterwards.

How's things going falseflagger?
Annyway, after last thread died Gamasutra revealed Hiveswap will be $8 on Steam and $12 with the soundtrack.

Hussie stopped caring. He broke off all contact and interaction with fans, didn't update Hiveswap for months at a time and attempted to turn Homestuck into a franchise by starting multiple projects headed by other people. And that's not even mentioning how the story and characters went to shit.

still pirating

I mean, if I had a fanbase like Homestuck's I'd probably do the same. I get it.

I'd rather pirate it and make donations to the folks who did the soundtrack than give Huss a cent. MSPA still hasn't been updated with a newspost.

>Implying most of that money will go to Huss
Considering the people making it, I'd pirate it anyway.

It could have been good, damn it
It could have been good

And then people like Shelby and Cohen took control over the story and ruined everything even more.
I can't believe there are actual people defending Slick's death.

The signs have rot have been there quite some time. He just kept on expanding and expanding the scope of the story. But I think the worst part of it all was a certain vapid cunt.

dude ultimate selves lmao
what do you mean bec noir killed all of the kid's guardians, he's the exact same as slick

>But I think the worst part of it all was a certain vapid cunt.
Don't let Hussie off so easily. The only thong he really cared about was proving that Homestuck was his cow. Everything else was secondary.

>we should be thankful it was finished at all

OH FUCK NO

The ending sucked horsedick, it would've been better off if he never finished it honestly. Then at least the fans could bicker endlessly on how it went down according them instead of just being soul crushingly dissappointed.

You're absolutely right, the bottom line is that Hussie is responsible for all of Homestuck's faults. But I do think that Rachel was a corrupting force.

Indeed it could have...

Saw this thing yesterday.
Enjoy.
medium.com/@RoseOfNobility/et-tu-hussie-on-spades-slick-bec-noir-eb3f310df974

too good for this world it seems...

I'll never not be mad about this.

My god, that girl needed a hug or a hundred. Seriously, John ending up with (Vriska) instead of Vriska might have been better for both of them.

And why is there next to no art with John/(Vriska)?

"And you don't need to 8e a good person to 8e a hero"

I think they make valid points, SS wasn't a hero and BN wasn't a character driven solely by murderlust, but my biggest issue isn't that Spades died, it's that Bec Noir just completely replaced him. It plays into the whole "each self is actually pretty much the same" and "absolute cunts don't receive consequences if they serve the goals of paradox space" themes that seemed to just pop up towards the end of the comic.

Because John explicitly stated that he had no interest in Vriska, and that was before she went dyke.

while passing through his little "conair sucks" crisis john lashed out at her for her horrible deeds and pretty much burn that bridge

John is an unlikable faggot.
All the power in the world and he fucking squanders it. He deserves to be alone an unhappy.

But then he came to love conair again. So what I'm trying to say is that he should fuck vriska

Yeah seriously. Why did Hussie shit all over the Vriska that was actually the most relatable and had the most character development?

but witch Vriska?
"Vriska": the one that john punched via retcon
(vriska): the one that lead a ghost army to its double death in order to retrieve the secret weapon and later got cucked by herself
A-vriska : Aranea's dancestor
or
[vriska] : the one that actually got to fight bec noir.
really with his recton powers he could get any iteration of vriska he wanted

He ruined KANAYA. HE FUCKING RUINED KANAYA. HOW DO YOU MAKE THE CHAINSAW WIELDING VAMPIRE FASHION GIRL BORING.

Seriously fuck cohen and shelby.

Ghost John and Ghost Vriska were a better pairing but you know uhhhh fucking lord english.

Well said, Dr. Zaius

>HOW DO YOU MAKE THE CHAINSAW WIELDING VAMPIRE FASHION GIRL BORING.
By making her gay and making her purpose to be Rose's prize girlfriend, completely killing her character by that process.
It's not fair, I remember her initial conversations being so good, especially the dave one.
It's not fair.

The mix of the kickstarter shit and the death of Hussie's dad made him take a long hiatus.

By the time he returned to the comic he had lost track of what he was even doing, and the quality wasn't up to par with his previous work. It led to him hitting a big reset button to retcon a solid third of the narrative so he could start fresh, and to line it up better with the Act 7 flash he commissioned years in advance. He also started handing more work over to other people, to the point where the last 50-100 pages of his own comic were not written or drawn by him. Tons of shit was left completely unresolved in his desperate need to wrap everything up, and the final act was mostly spent recapping the character arcs of these new versions of each character that developed mostly off-panel in a montage.

The kickstarts even worse off. After turning WhatPumpkin into a videogame studio he's still had to scrap the project and restart it twice over, with a lot of the current staff not even being present on the second iteration of Hiveswap. It got delayed out of January for bug testing, and only got a new release date this week set for September. This is just for the first episode, of which four are planned, and no works been done on the next three yet.

Hussie's ridiculous update schedule he had at the comics height seems to have been a crutch more than good work ethic. As soon as he stopped making shit up on the spot daily and had to start penning an actual finale it was obvious he had no idea what he was doing.

>HOW DO YOU MAKE THE CHAINSAW WIELDING VAMPIRE FASHION GIRL BORING.
By keeping her on the sidelines and making her hardly ever speak.

>By making her gay and making her purpose to be Rose's prize girlfriend, completely killing her character by that process.

The common denominator in Homosuck's downfall is that Hussie tried his best to reduce all characters to a single note. In Kanaya's case, she's the lesbian and can do no other thing than being the lesbian.

(vriska)

>King's Quest stolen money controversy

Woah, wait, what?

Ayy caramba! Este juego tardó más para llegar a mi visa legal! Yo voy a coger Hiveswap para celebrar el Día de los Muertos!

I'm glad to to have left Homestuck so soon. This game is looking worse than my Trump jokes!

Ho ho ho, no coal to give this year! Bad kids will get Hiveswap instead!

In other words: Slick was brutally cucked.

Hussie gets $2 mil for Homestuck game. Hires studio to work on it. Over the course of months, they give him stagger updates of little quality to eventually cutting off all contact. He had to fly out to their studio just so he could get some answers then found out they used a large portion of the budget he gave them to fund their other games.

People asked Hussie why didn't he sue but that would have eaten up more time and money and most likely left him with nothing left to make the game, so he took his remaining $1 mil to make the game. This was over the span of four or five years I think.

Oh. Are either the Homestuck or King's Quest games good?

>The common denominator in Homosuck's downfall is that Hussie tried his best to reduce all characters to a single note.
It's almost like he read that Homestuck/Touhou pasta and made the characters even simpler and more numerous out of spite.

Homestuck game is coming out in September, dunno about King's Quest. It seems to have decent enough reviews on Steam, but I wouldn't give your money to a studio who ripped someone off to fund their other shit, even if it is good.

WOOP WOOP
Here comes the weenie patrol.

(Vriska) is fucking terrible in every regard. Yes, she was no longer a destructive bitch, but that isn't because she overcame her issues, she just abandoned the positive traits she had and ran away from everything. And she certainly wasn't a more healthy person, her core flaw was always her need to be someone else and obtain some poorly defined ideal even she wasn't fully clear on, and instead of facing that problem she just found a new identity (Meenah) to latch onto, this time with the option of forming a codependent relationship to really kick that complex into overdrive. She didn't grow up, she ran away.

(Vriska) was a selfish, cowardly, and pathetic loser, and as bad as Vriska backsliding her character arc to basically the beginning of 5.2, it's still a far better outcome than that.

Would've Kanaya worked better if she had been a human?

what if she had been a caparace?

Man, the retcon really should have been to just go grab [Vriska]. I mean Jesus, someone who reaches a moral climax, fails, sees the fruits of their arrogance, then gets a second chance? That's the most idiot proof character arc I've ever heard.

THAT'S NOT A CARAPACE.
FEMALE CARAPACES ARE BALD.

THEY HAVE WIGS DUMB ASS.

she's wearing a wig.
what did you expect, she's still a vampire fashion queen

A presence can be felt by those who have followed the epic saga
As told by the Insane Clown Posse;
It is a presence that is synonymous
With the crumbling of time itself
Thus emerges, a being so powerful that
He can exist between both the land of the living
And that of the dead
He goes by many names
But is known to the living only as: The Wraith
He walks upon worlds forgotten
And descends from Heaven's faded to gray
To witness the death of all mortal things
So that He may guide the departed upon the path that they have chosen
(Shangri-La)

FIRST OF ALL
WHEN CREATED, BOTH HD AND NB WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE CARAPACES.
AND SECOND OF ALL
CARAPACES ARE COMPLETELY UNAWARE OF EITHER HUMAN AND TROLL CULTURE.

Remember when Lord English was basically a force of unbridled destruction who existed in multiple Universes, taking multiple forms and devouring the carcasses of said Universes? And even his true name was enough to strike terror into people? Remember when he started killing what are basically the Elder Gods of the series?

Fucker never killed a single main timeline character, barring Hussie's avatar.

THEY HAVE PROHIBITION ERA GANGSTERS, WHAT KIND OF IDIOTIC FUCKING WORLD DO YOU LIVE IN WHERE PROHIBITION ERA GANGSTERS CAN SPONTANEOUSLY SPAWN TRILBYS, BUT SOMEHOW THE INVENTION OF WIGS IS A CONCEPT TOO LUDICROUS TO CONSIDER?

Problem Sleuth was better.

it would have been great.
But I think it would have been better if she got recovered at least a year after deafeating Bec Noir,
think about it.
Beaten to a pulp winning just by the skin of her teeth, left wounded and stranded all by herself.
With nothing to do but reflect upon her actions for a whole year.
As said, her core flaw is always needing to latch onto someone else, left to to mourn with nothing but her thoughts and memories she would have to either run away from her problems and die like (vriska). Or face the consequences of her actions and rise above herself.
Her pride and ego wouldn't let her just die after defeating bec noir, and her pilfered luck would allow her to find a way to survive.
The year of solitude would serve as her comeuppance.
No enemy nor challenge to distract herself with, other than dealing with crippling guilt and her own glaring faults.
In time she would become a better Vriska, one that could keep her head above the mayhem and never let herself be fooled again.
She be...
[Vriska]

THAT WAS A DERSE TWIST ON LEPRECHAUN CULTURE

Water is wet.

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT PROSPIT AND DERSE SOCIETIES YOU IDIOT.
I DON'T THINK THEY EVEN KNOW WHAT HAIR IS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Since you also brought up rose I also want to point out. HOW DOES HER HAVING A GRUDGE ON HER MOTHER AGAIN MAKE SENSE??? I DON'T GET IT IT SEEMED LIKE SHE WAS FINALLY GETTING OVER IT AND WAS REMORSEFUL ABOUT BEING ANTAGONISTIC TOWARDS HER MOTHER.

Homestuck ended at act 5.2
VRISKA

>tfw you will never see Ms. Paint's and Slick's wedding because Slick is fucking dead and tumblrinas won't stop defending Hussie's writting with shitty excuses and things like "le ultimate selff xD"

THEN DID YOU CHUCKLE FUCKS PERHAPS CONSIDER THAT WIG FASHION WAS SPAWNED FROM THE DESIRE TO IMITATE THE MAJESTIC MANE OF THE HOOFBEAST CREATURES OF THE BATTLEFIELD? DID YOU EVER CONSIDER REMOVING YOUR HEAD FROM YOUR ANAL CAVITY FOR FIVE FUCKING SECONDS TO CONSIDER THAT INCREDIBLY SELF EVIDENT POSSIBILITY?

All of them

Spoken like a man with true STRENGHT.

>hated every forced romance ship in homestuck
Feels good man.

I dropped off around the time the Jane was introduced but I could give less of a fuck about the shitfest that's the story
what happened with the top names of the shit communities like generalivan or Von Fawn and how bad did Tindeck get

Generalivan deleted his channel and everything he did years ago.

You are now on a list, not one I've made, but I'm certain someone has you in their sights.

What if StabDads Tengen Toppa fight?

>people still don't realize that Hussie railroaded (Vriska) into forced Scourgecest

Thanks, Shelby!

General Ivan works for Funimation i think? He also shit post on tumblr once in a blue moon

VonFawn managed to get a job at Bioware, Voicing shit in Dragon age Inquisition and Mass Effect Andromeda. She cut all form of internet communication though.

Nora's dead

I read act 8 and act omega out of sheer boredom the other day, they're both shit

still gonna play hiveswap like a big cuck

Ding and ding. She never said or did another interesting thing after she started dating Rose. The thrill was in the hunt. Once they were together, they had nothing left to do. They'd crossed the finish line and spent the rest of the story just kind of listlessly milling about.

Actually, Rose grappling with alcoholism was kind of interesting, but then that got retconned away because Vriska is better than character development.

friendlybatteringram.tumblr.com/post/154947724188/altstuck
A better ending

I still refuse to believe it's over and I'm waiting for the next Caliborn update
That was his name right

Damn I'm probably not going to remember all the trolls names by the end of this year

>>>>That gave me a warm Problem Sleuth feeling
Captcha: Jaguar

If you want a decent Homestuck endgame fan fiction, I recommend you to read Altstuck.

And yes, both Act 8 and Act Omega are shit.

Also fat Karkat.

Chefkat just didn't want all those meals he made for everyone go to waste because those ingrates don't know perfection when it's literally handed to them on a platter

The only good thing about the ending in my opinion is that there's only a bad ending involved for the characters now and it's solely because they got their cheap unfullfilling happy ending. They were all happy dippy stupid except for John, who felt robbed of a true satisfying ending since from his perspective he's fucking Mario who grabbed the star and rushed to the end of the flag pole. It's why he spent those years afterwards as a neet hikki instead of enjoying himself. He didn't feel like he EARNED any of it.

So Caliborn ends up shit talking him and this is it. This is what he's missing. He still needs to kick this little shits ass and get his happy ending the RIGHT way. But as we all know that's just fated to happen anyway, even with John's retcon powers. The betas get trapped in the juju to act as a weapon and give john his bullshit powers to begin with and the alpha's are stuck on a dead piece of rock that was once earth.

There is no happy ending. Caliborn won. All because they went and grabbed the star

It seems Herpus Derpus got ahold of a JuJu then.
Also, still wrong there "Jerry"
>John Madden at the Sports Octahedron

Wow, you just love your own opinions too damn much don't you?

Someone's upset.

>Read this as Queen's Blade yet again

This desu. The whole story ended on quite a bad note unless the epilogue, which will totally come out, fixes things.

His dad died? I never ever heard of that.

I am made out of organic matter beholden to biological fallacy on a severely wounded and poisonous world, yes. Toxic in my Jimmy Rustle brigde game you would say, I'm sure.

Act 6 went down the drain. The retcon powers were super interesting and GAME OVER set an interesting stage, but everything after that was pure horseshit. Ruined Dave, for one.

Ah fucking christ

When is the continuation of The Inaugural Death of Mister Seven coming?
Is Jones still working for Homestuck?

You didn't have to, so of course then you did.

>that got retconned away because Vriska is better than character development.
Oh yeah. I forget sometimes that the Rose that's on Earth C had her alcoholism solved by Vriska knocking a bottle out of her hand.