POPE HATS 2 AND 3, ready to be scanned

Hi fellow anons, preparing to scan these babies. Expect thread tonight, will be somewhat multi-tasking today, will scan as double pagers again because using my A3 Beast is easy on the spines (only one copy of each, sadface). Won't let you down though, will appear sometime today/tonight, depending where you are! Peace, you guys are the best.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!GwpAQCxS!I1HxPeVyRBjh7S62uqLfu7_J3KaVgyY_EV9cyAmZi_4
yuki.la/co/94955255
libgen.io/)
yuki.la/co/94675326
yuki.la/co/81120654
yuki.la/co/94851839
yuki.la/co/94897168
www94.zippyshare.com/v/hvkPshPj/file.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What machine do you use to scan them?
How do you handle the baby?

Today is a great day!

Aww yiss!

Too right, got a buncha comics in the mail today :) (only gonna read Spy Seal and Blobby Boys 2, don't worry I ain't gonna be sat reading through my pile and suddenly realise it's 11 o'clock at night! In fact knowing me I better set my alarm to remind me to start scanning).
Epson Workforce WF-7610. A3 scanner/printer. Takes loads different paper stock, I make my own comics with it, it makes the cleanest photocopies and scans amazingly even on non-professional setting. So with comics I particularly cherish (uh, most of them) I can leave the lid up and gently press the pages/spine--hence why you may see shadow in the middle of a spread. I cannot recommend the WF 7610 enough, especially if you wanna self-publish. I have a x32 black ink cartridge in at the moment-2200 copies, supposedly (I note down every time I make a b & w copy, so...). Can't for the life of me think why a modern machine still has a fucking built-in fax, though.....!?
It makes me happy you're happy dudes, honestly. You're an honour to Ethan Rilly (and me). Prepare to be stunned at the exponential leap in quality, especially artwork....okay not being a rude motherfucker, will speak later (does sound notification only work when you're on a different tab? I suppose so, right, or that wouldn't make sense....) m'frens'.

I skimmed through the first storytime, so are all the main characters voice actors who live in vancouver?

what`s this comic about?

Uhm one changes career.
Issue 4 is all shorts and nothing to do with the 1-3 storyline
Two Canadian girls. "SOL" I suppose you'd call it. Great characterisation. The sort of chicks you'd go for a pint or five with any day. Beyond that it's not very hard-and-fast.

Can someone explain the title? English is not my first language and after reading the first issue I have no idea why it's called POPE HATS.

As I mentioned in the last thread, you should pack these up as CBZ/CBR and announce them on the hubs. If you don't have access to the hubs, I suppose I could do it myself but you should tell me what scanner tag should I put in the filename if not CricketsThreadAnon.
Took the liberty of uploading the first issue to Mega. Tell me what you think.

Pope Hats 001 (2009) (CricketsThreadAnon).cbz
mega.nz/#!GwpAQCxS!I1HxPeVyRBjh7S62uqLfu7_J3KaVgyY_EV9cyAmZi_4

not OP, but what are "the hubs"?

DC++
You bascially have a program(ApexDC++ on Win) with which you connect to a network, there you see a chat window and a list of users. The users all have their "share" and you can search for comics there. It's the place to be if you want some older stuff that might not be in the Win-O or on libgen.

Servers where you can connect and share files. It's a peer to peer thing, similar to but not the same as torrents. There are a few where people share comics. To be able to register, you need to have a number of GBs of comics. 5 GB for some, 10 GB for another, 100 GB, etc.

Mate, I have no fucking idea either! Sure he mentioned in a podcast (Inkstuds) but can't remember either way
No dis intended, I mean I personally wouldn't,I know it's a complex issue but something makes me feel kind of uncomfortable about pirating small press comics...don't mind sharing them on here because I have faith that the sort of people who read these comics will buy them in some form, whether it's a collected edition or whatever, alternative/art cartoonists are poor as shit and very, very few of them earn their living through comics or even art. Mebbe storyboarding if you get lucky...so I'm ambiguous about it.
On the other hand I'd be paying like 180 quid for a copy of Biologic Show #0 if people DIDN'T CBZ this sorta stuff, so...just letting you know how I feel, it's your call. I think #4 is still in print (well, Spit -and-a-Half till have it). Sorry man, not attacking you, I'm probably a hypocrite 'cause people can pirate Marvel and DC stuff for all I care but alt stuff is different, it's almost all entirely done by one person and the level of reward for effort is ridiculously low. Bt do your thing man, no hate here! Your call my brethren

No man, I get ya. If you feel uncomfortable sharing them outside of Sup Forums, then I won’t do it. I’ll honor your wishes, considering you’re the scanner.

Mate are you sure? I don't want to feel like I'm emasculating you...please don't get me wrong, I don't wanna keep it like a "hipster", "oh only WE know about such-and-such, it's OUR secret, we don't WANT it to get successful!", honestly it's just guilt for the artists. LIke I said I can tell you guys really appreciate the work but I even feel kinda guilty sharing it on here, buying two copies when I can ameliorates that somewhat, though! I know it sounds lie it but I'm not trying to take the high moral ground, I've done some shitty things in my life, like, properly shitty things that I've paid the price for, i'm no fucking moral paradigm but I changed my ways a long time ago...just, thank you for your respectful attitude, means a lot.
And now, let the scanning commence.

so this is about a lawyer who miss her friend or something like that right?

Yeah, kinda...as I said #4 is a collection of short stories in all different genres with no Frannie stuff...
Just a quick heads up folks, have scanned all of #2 and like a 1/4 of #3, need to prep some veg and stuff for dinner tonight. Haven't rotated/cropped images yet, gonna do all that in one go. We good?!
Thank you for your patience!

Neat.

who are the main characters?

bump

bump. also a question: CricketsThreadAnon, have you ever posted pics of your collection in any of the shelfthreads?

Yeah, loads. Lotsa David B, Clowes at the top, lots of Michael Deforge, Dave Cooper...ah, fuck it, this is an old one but here. Also got two longboxes of alt/UG shit, a half longbox fulla mini/self-pubbed stuff, a longbox fulla cape/genreshit (mainly Steve Rude stuff desu) and a long box for mag-sized stuff.
Please not I have another shelf and have since tied up up all horizontally-stored comics.

Just eaten guys will re-commence scanning, thanks so much for your patience!

Wow, you have lots of great stuff! Do you have any of the following?

Skin Deep by Charles Burns
the 12 Black Hole floppies by Charles Burns
Last Drive by Shaky Kane
Cowboys vs Insects by Shaky Kane
SSBII by Eric Powell
Frank & Monty in Con Job by Jim Woodring (it's a minicomic)
Berlin 19 & 20
Ganges 1-6
The Art of Charlie Chan Hock Chye
any of Simon Moreton's comics

Previous storytimes:

Pope Hats 1 (storytimed by CricketsThreadAnon): yuki.la/co/94955255

(Crickets 1 and 2 can be found on libgen.io/)
Crickets 3 (not sure who storytimed this): yuki.la/co/94675326
Crickets 4 (I think this was storytimed by CricketsThreadAnon but im' not sure): yuki.la/co/81120654
Crickets 5 (storytimed by CricketsThreadAnon): yuki.la/co/94851839
Crickets 6 (storytimed by CricketsThreadAnon): yuki.la/co/94897168

Crickets 3 and 4 are also on a private tracker in better quality, and 5 and 6 should come in a couple of weeks, I'll upload them here then if anyone wants.

mfw i will probably nevr be ably to access any private tracker: :(

btw, are any of the things i listed in my comment above on the private tracker you can access? (the Black Hole floppies can be found everywhere but what about the others?)

Awwww man I would kill for that Frank and Monty comic--I have the first four issues of their two-man anthology Tantalizing Tales (big up to Tundra and Kevin Eastman!), I think I have two of the Kitchen Sink Black Holes, Ganges 1-4 (my LCS are desperately trying to get 5 and 6 from John Porcellino) , I have ONE issue of Berlin (think it's 13? Will check for you though mate) and if he's the guy I'm thinking of I have a Simon Moreton comic from an Oily bundle. he's the guy who draws kind of "blank" looking faces, really simple, completely stripped down yet elegant linework, right? Never been into Eric Powell, only Shaky stuff I have is his 2000ad/Fleetway stuff. No Skin Deep either. Heard good things about the Charlie Chan Chock Chye book, though....

There's "Grand Gestures (2013) (Digital) (BlurPixel-Empire).cbr" which is by Moreton, but nothing else.

It has only few thing that aren't on the hubs, you don't really miss much.

But I can also upload some other alt stuff if anyone wants, like DeForge comics, or Ware stuff(Acme, Building Stories), ...

>like DeForge comics
Do you have First Year Healthy?

>First Year Healthy (2014) (TFan)
www94.zippyshare.com/v/hvkPshPj/file.html

I also have A Body Beneath, Ant Colony, Big Kids, Dressing, Very Casual and Island #8(which has Mostly Saturn).

It's in my hold box, been there like two fucking months....so no, not yet!
Didn't you think Big Kids was utter shit?!
I know this sounds smug as shit but I'm so glad to have a copy of Lose #1. It's like, vfn +++, it was that swap I mentioned earlier but although I'm not a Deforge completist I can say I have all his "official" publications--idn't seem much point getting Body Beneath 'cause I have all the Lose floppies. I've seen a BEAUTIFUL Youth In Decline (?) collection of Kid Mafia, gorgeous little book, I think they only made 200 or some shit and it's really expensive, yu're talking a coupla hundred.....
Is Island #8 all Deforge? Oh wait no it's Brandon graham's anthology, I was thinking of Frontier for some reason....

Thank you. I think the others have been scanned?

>Didn't you think Big Kids was utter shit?!
Person that requested First Year Healthy here. I read a scan of Ant Colony and loved it so I bought it and I also blind bought Big Kids and disliked it. That's part of the reason why I like to read his stuff before buying it. Wasn't crazy about Lose either to be honest.

Yea, Island is Graham, #8 just has this one story by him(18 pages) but it's absolutely brilliant. I'm still kinda pissed that it didn't win the Eisner for best short story.

18 pages is not a short story, it's more like a one shot.

Well it got nominated for that category, idk.

Bad news chaps. Files are on average .4/.7 MB too big, gonna hafta cut up the spreads again. Really sorry lads it's gonna fry my fucking head tonite, I will deliver tomorrow. So sorry for being a "sez he's gonna do it but doesn't do it" cunt.
Unless there's some way to put it on zippyshare or whatever, if people really wanna read it tonight?

Yeah you could zip it and put it on zippyshare, but if your upload speed isn't that great don't worry, we'll just have to wait.

Well Eisners are retarded so...

tomorrow is perfect for me

Okay lads very, very sorry. Youll get #3 tomorrow, too. You dudes are the best, I am genuinely remorseful, usually I do a test when I've scanned the first spread, I know that's nothing but an approximation but obviously it didn't work this time, you all have my sincere apologies.

no need to apologize! I am very greatful you are doing these storytime threads at all!

Aww bless you man you dudes are the best, thank you!!!