Buyfag? Shelfthread? Shitposting about painted comics? Then please, come hither

Got these today

>Trondheim
Good taste. I've never read Dungeon myself, just some McConey and his Little Nothings books. Sfar is great too

I had a flip through a friend's copy of Alack Sinner, looks like something I need to pick up. Everybody's raving about it

Dungeon is absolutely brilliant.

The first issue of Spy Seal was quite enjoyable, looking forward for more.

>TFW when you like an artist, buy all of their works and a print, but then burn out on them by the time everything arrives
What's their name, /shelf/?

That all looks pretty neat. I've been stocking up on spooktober comics, so my shelf's average qyality is slipping a little. Dungeon looks like the perfect thing to bring it back up.

Yeah I'm an old (ish) cunt so I bought the five Fanta issues of Sinner they put out in '87-89, Munoz is a genius, Viet Blues is one of the best descriptions of US black/white race relations I've ever read....I have the Joe's bar GN too, not sure if that's in there...pick it up you won't be disappointed
I respect trondheim more than enjoy him. Great writer, not into his art too much desu.
You're totally not wrong there. I bought a few of those NBM double-packs they were doing but these were in the sale at my LCS, from £3:50 to a fiver...I love the amount of incredible "alternative" BD cartoonists that work on the series.
Respect fro buying Spy Seal! I've loved Tommasso for years, back to his Clover Honey (not really a) "Clowes copyist" period, to The Haunting of Collier County from dark Horse maverick, 8 1/2 Ghosts and the short-lived Miriam series from Alternative (all except maybe Clover Honey are very, very recommended) and now to his Image stuff, dark Corridor, got She-Wolf in my hold box...Tommasso is vstly under-rated imho. Love his stuff (never caught those coupla GN's he did for fanta 3 or 4 yers back, though....).
Errrrr....Ashley Wood?!
Dungeon is great, you can give it toanyone from pretentious hipsters like me, young adults, rel-ale fantasy types--and they ALL LOVE it!

Got these over the course of the Summer. Looking to get Marvel Premiere #1 and #2 before the year's out. Those early Warlock stories really get me going.

Forgot pic

Bump

Recently picked up Lobster Johnson vol. 2 & 3, Abe Sapien vol. 8, Books of Doom, The Long Halloween and Elseworlds Batman vol. 2. I would take pictures, but I have to leave for work soon.

Got these for my birthday. Except Sunstone, that was a present to myself. And I'm waiting on the Harley Quinn Omnibus to be released as a late gift.

And here is my shelf. I can't believe I'm finally having to move to a third shelf. This set of bookshelves are massive.

I dont know what to expect

Fucking shit-hot Bronze Age Marvel...great stuff. Sorry to sound like a peesa pretentious hipster shite (which I kind of am) but I cannot read 99% of modern capestuff, King's vision and Zdarsky's Howard The Duck were the last things I bought and (really) enjoyed.
What's the Abe Sapien stuff like? Caught a somewhat dissappointing storytime on here few years back, I LOVE the BPRD stuff, especially the Guy Davis-drawn arcs, fuckin' amazing artist. On the fence about ol' Abe, tho'.
Is Locas II still in print? I can't remember whether it was 1 or 2 that I saw going for an insane price on E-Bay--not a one-off, either, most sellers were selling for big money. Great taste for that alone. I cannot bring myself to trust anyone who does not love, or at the very least enjoy L & R.
Preddy damn good taste there, man. D'ya know if Killing and Dying is a compendium of all the Optic Nerve issues from 12 (or was it 11? Anyway, I mean the re-launched ones with the fancy half-sized vertical covers) to 14 0r just selected stories from each of the newest issues?
I bloody loved Rachel Rising. Thinking about getting one or two copies so I can give one to my gf, it'll be totally her type of thing, she's not what you'd call a comics fanatic, more of a "chipper". Predictably, she enjoys Sandman. Digs the fuck outta Clowes, though....
A fucking really good comic. ait, didn't Sim retrieve the negs or something and is re-selling the phonebooks at normal price?

Idk, if 30 dollarydoos for 500 pages is "normal price" then yes

Only my English language comics, left out of the images the rest of my comics and my books (and my various shit)

Locas II is still in print. Locas and Palomar are both out of print and extremely expensive. And I have no idea about Killing and Dying. I received it as a gift last year from a friend. And I agree with Rachel Rising. Terry Moore is quickly becoming one of my favorite writers.

Tidied my stuff recently.

Main shelf 1/2.

Main shelf 2/2

And this is stuff I have in the flat I stay in during the week since I'm working away from home for a year. Mostly unread stuff I'm currently working through.

>on way to work
>stop at 7-11
>buys coffee
>sees this

Went back and picked it up after work. Anyone have it before?

Fuck I need that in my bottle collection.

You can get it at 711?Post your bottle collection, you have the ninkasi right hand of doom beer?

Don't have pictures since I'm at work but latest buys were Paper Girls 3 and Black Science vol 6

New additions
Hellboy an assortment of horrors
God country
House of penance
If you steal

I bought the ASM 50 from my friend and the rest at my LCS for under $10 each.

I'm the same. I manage with a few Rebirth titles but I've found myself going back to the older stuff more and more.

Love the little Red Dwarf and Star Bug.

30 dollarydoos is most certainly normal price, friend. Tut, you're not telling me you don't read the blog of sane of an extremely normal and well adjusted man known as Dave Sim?! That's where I vaguely remember the news about him re-acquiring the negs, can't remember whether they were lost because of fire, fuckery, insanity or whatever but that's the reason why, up until a coupla years back (roughly) the phonebooks were incredibly fucking expensive. Thanks, gonna re-invested, I swapped the first five I had when someone made me an offer too good to refuse.
Yup, yeah; that's right, I knew one or the other were OOP and very very pricey. Lucky to have those, kinda jelly, my fren'. Are they dust-jacketed? If so, what's the inner cover art like? I met Jaime in 2014 at L'Institute Francais in London as part of Paul Gravett's Comika fest, dude was SOOOOOO fucking nice( pic related!), got his art book signed w/a Frogmouth sketch, also got him to sign the front of the first L & R I ever bought (the classic Xaime mag-sized one with lots of negative space with Mags and Hopey in front of a line of cops. Him, Matthew Thurber and Dave Gibbons (who I have an amazing Martha sketch from) are probably the most interesting pros I've met. Never met an arsehole professional but really wanted to deck Leon Sadler, long story. Wil Sweeney seemed like a bit of a cock, though but wasn't outright rude.
Love me some Bagge
You going to check out the Dahmer film?

Personally I think Paying Fr It is the worst thing Chester Brown's done; what did you think of it?
Cinnamon whiskey is awful in my experience but fuck it; it's Hellboy.
Really, really dig the Head Lopper artist. Nt suref the stry's my thing though; it seems like a much less extreme Prison Planet.
Love Ditko's weird/horror-sci-fi comics.

Here are my three books with dust jackets. I love these books but my copy of Palomar needs a little rebinding.

And here are the books without dust jackets. Palomar is pretty hard to see since it's black on black. I need to add Luba to complete my selection.

non Sup Forums: Parasyte 5, latest volume of Berserk.
Sup Forums: Genndy's CAGE, a random Dylan Dog issue and pic related. Still waiting for the last number of Captain Berlin.

Got Supergods the other day, and it even had the little dustcover with it.

Waiting on Sunstone HC V1, Gaiman's Books of Magic, and Dark Night: A True Batman Story.
Should be here next week.

Ohman those Xaime covers are fucking beautiful. Well done you. Just remembered I forgot pic....

Signed stuff

Still those Locas I and II and Palomar books are fucking something else, man. Major kudos.

what's the appeal of this Tomasso dude?

>Scott Snyder
consider slapping yourself

Wich Dahmer film? probably yes, that comic was my first insight into the figure of Dahmer (Im not american, only vaguely remember as a kid seeing on TV some crazy shit about some dude in Milwaukee) and got me pretty interested.

Paying for it is the only thing I read from Chester Brown, I enjoyed it (liked the art style and the "flow" of the story) and got me looking for more Chester. What do you recommend?

Ordered NTT & Morrison Doom Patrol omnis this morning.

Got it for Sean Murphy, but you are right, not worth it.

>shit post about painted comics
I'd like to, but I'm too busy puking at the mere idea.

You're still a faggot.

Anyone have these Zootopia PD badges from China? I have a Dredd badge in the mail, and I think it'd be neat to start a fictional badge collection, but I'm always nervous about buying anything from China.

His career spans a good coupla decades and he can do nearly all genres really well. Draws brilliantly , amazing storyteller both visually and linguistically, just really kinda charming cartooning.
They;ve made a film from Derf's book.
As for Brown I recommend Ed The Happy Clown, The Playboy and Louis Riel.
That was a joke from the last shelf thread, the amount of shit I got for saying that "90% perent of painted comics are cancer" was phenomenal, even had anons claiming my usage of cancer comparison was what they were upset about. Fancy, taking th high ground on Sup Forums....

neck yourself

>painted comics are cancer
I hate them too.

Claremont, of course.

DNA Cosmic I don't know if it was the realease order or what, but by the time I got around to reading the War of Kings omni I had no fucks left to give, still love Conquest, though.

Recent purchases. Need to get a frame for the print.

Fuck it, it's only 20 bucks. I'll report back if/when it arrives.

you sound like a real tool

Didn't get much this week

>I am a hero vol 2
>Wonder Woman (rebirth) vol 3
>Nisemonogatari vol 1

Fixed

Fixed

Fixed

Morrison's Doom Patrol is the best thing ever

Nice, I have that coming in trades within the next week

I'm in Houston so I got two weeks' deliveries.

>donjon monsters in french
>dungeon monstres in english
heh.

Dammnit.

Cleared my pull box last Wednesday, nothing super interesting or amazing, but I'm on a budget and have to focus on what i really want to pick up. also cuz space issues, small apt.

Heres my shelf, same old. need to cut down on the singles...

Nothing really new because I'm only just scraping by this month.

I did manage to pick up one of those 2000 AD collection books though - The first issue is Slaine, for the low low price of £1.99 and I can't really fault the book itself. Solid binding as far as I can tell, good paper, and I'm tempted to carry on with the others. Nearly £800 over the subscription run though...

20$ a month though is manageable, unless youre reaalllllyyy scraping by.
I'm in Canada and really wish i could pick up that collection, poorfag as well, but compared to my internet/phone bill 20$ is piss in a bucket.

>nausicaa
>swamp thing
>sandman
>hellboy
>V for Vendetta
>Watchmen
>Black Orchid
>Tank Girl
>Serenity
>Paper Girls
>X-Men
>From Hell

Sup Forumsmrade, if you get in to x-men check out age of apocalypse and Uncanny X-Force

I blew my meager budget with the Chapters sale last week. Even then, that was barely a sale but I had a few gift cards laying around

wow. decent haul

cool. i have yet to read providence. i figure it's good and alan moore is one of the favorite writers

Is that one of the Stray Bullets continuations, or the first series in hardback?

Had to throw half my books off the shelf to higher ground (potential flooding).
How do I gain the willpower to reorganize 200+ trades?

Last repost before I reorganize and get a new picture. Got another shelf and a couple big orders, but I'm super lazy so I'm waiting for my Lawgiver replica to get in before taking a new picture.

Is that strangers in paradise a box of trades or one impossibly fat book?

bought the first volume/TPB of Invisible Republic in a half off bin (for $5), read it, then went to another LCS and traded it for the pocket version of the dungeon master guide for Pathfinder (also $5 for a $20 value)

feels good. I liked Invisible Republic too.

And I guess I can add this recent order for completion's sake.

Whats Black Hole about? I feel like it is one of those indie comics I've always heard of but know nothing about.

Should I do it? The Utena box set has two hardcovers. I don’t know why it says paperback.

Last one coming in this month. Already through 2 1/2 of them.

Have my next amazon purchase already in mind. Just found out about Comic Book Tattoo, an anthology of a bunch of artists and writer doing Tori Amos songs as comics, from these books and from Deconstructing Comics podcast. Came upon the same comic from both places on the same day...weird.

Sexually transmitted disease causes mutations, sort of a metaphor for adolescence and sexual awakening.

This is true, but I've already got a pretty sizable wishlist of the books I know I want, and this month I'm pretty much down to rent and bills and nothing else.

does story in paper girls vol 3 finally start making sense? I have vol 1 & 2 and I still know what the hell is going on

First 7 issues in hardcover. I've been recommended it a million times and found it cheap. So semi blind purchase.

sixth gun art and bookplate collector and astro city art with custom messages from brent anderson user here with my latest haul.

This ad made me laugh.