So after several script rewrites, Phil Lord & Chris Miller...

So after several script rewrites, Phil Lord & Chris Miller, Seth Grahame-Smith and Rick Famuyiwa all dropping out; and Sam Raimi, Marc Webb and Matthew Vaugh all declininged, WB is aggressively pursuing Robert Zemeckis for the FLASHPOINT movie. He already turned it down once over scheduling conflicts but they're now willing to compromise to his time table.

Can he pull it off?

There's apparently also rumors that Michael Bay is on WB's rader in case Zemeckis doesn't do it.

>Michael Bay
>"Flashpoint" ends with the entire world blowing up

Perfect.

>Making a shitty movie whose only purpose is to retcon all the terrible decisions in your previous shitty movies

>Believing movie FLASHPOINT will retcon anything

Sweet child...

>Mark Wahlberg as Zoom.

Honestly I'm just happy they got rid of Seth
Robert Z
Lord /Miller
Bay
Would all be good to great
>inb4 transformers are bad
Sure but he has done some really good action movies besides the Tranny ones

The "Transformers" movies are good action movies. It is literally a meme to dislike them.

>who should we get, sir
>anyone that made a comic book movie before
>none of them want to do it, sir
>fine get me some over the hill director that peaked in the 80s
This is some sad shit.

I liked the first one but the rest were pretty lame .

Robert Z last movie got decent reviews you mega pleb

All of them but 2 are passable senseless action movies.

But 2 was just so bad that it soured me on the franchise. Plus, how many passable retread of the same general shit are we gonna do?

It's like Dynasty Warriors or the latest Assassin's Creed. The same stuff. Not any bad/worse, but you've seen it before 9n the same style from the same folks.

>declininged

All the best capeshit movies were made by diectors without previous capeshit record,Superman,dark knight and spiderman

Careful, user. When you underestimate DC stupidity, you could end up like that screenshot of the user who thought there'd be no time-travel in CW Flash.

Lord & Miller remained interested.

They just have NO interest in The Cereal Lords shitty canon, so they won't do the movie if Mr. Co-President insists on another adaptation of his stupid fan fiction.

You know I'd actually be okay with that

>spiderman

>>Making a shitty movie whose only purpose is to retcon all the terrible decisions in your previous shitty movies
That's probably the reason for the lack of a director right now. The current script likely has massive restrictions due to its nature, so most decent directors sees that they couldn't work with it.

My estimation is that Flashpoint was chosen solely because it's a Flash story with Cyborg in it, and they're still trying to push Cyborg into the Flash Movie

this

also it can force in WW and aquaman

being a flashfag must be suffering right now

I only watched the first one, but if it's supposed to be enjoyed as an action movie, why are there so many boring, unfunny scenes with humans standing around talking and no Transformers?

Where did this meme come from that in order to be a decent action movie, all you need is nonstop action and explosions?

If
>turned it down once over scheduling conflicts but they're now willing to compromise to his time table
means what I think it means (that is, Zemeckis wants a longer production schedule, while WB wants their absurdly quick production schedules), then it might be good.

The central problem for any directors who can't lobby for a better time table is that 1) they're taking on a HUGE project that has to be done "quickly", 2) they're taking on the huge chunk of stress, 3) even if it's done quickly, they're going to have to be fully hands-on, so that will likely mean being away from their families for extended periods at fairly sudden notice, 4) even assuming WB doesn't flip flop over the movie's direction, there will be infetterence down the line, and 5) it'll be a black mark on the director's filmography, assuming it comes out bad.

If Zemeckis turns it down, Lord & Miller might be WB's best shot, as long as they give them full reign.

It means WB is willing to delay FLASHPOINT's production so Zemeckis can finish his work on Steve Carrell's next Oscar bait.

Literally Michael Bay
And maybe a little bit of die hard

So if neither Zemekis or Bay can do it, does this mean they'll just scrap it? Or just force some unknown director to do it?

They'll obviously keep searching until they find someone willing to do it.

I hear Josh Trank isn't up to anything these days...

Oh.

>getting the director of the most popular time traveling franchise for the time travel movie

Bold move, Cotton

Can't WB just give up of this Flashpoint bullshit? What a terrible idea.

This would only work if flash was the last justice league member to get a movie so you should at very least make Aquaman 1,Batman 1 and Cyborg 1 first.

I'd be OK with this, actually.

>Can't WB just give up of this Flashpoint bullshit?

Not as long as Johns is in charge.

Zemeckis would be a great pick for a Flash film but with how the production is going so far I get the feeling that WB have no idea what to do with the character.

The best option would be to just give a director free-reign to make a film about the character but WB is very hands-on with their production process. Which wouldn't be a problem if they had a clear vision for these films but they seem to change their minds about 10 times through every production.

I watched Transformers 4 the other day.

Nah man.

Nah.

the flash point movie is fine, id rather have a regular Flash origin type of film though

Geoff might've pushed it, actually. It could be like Justice League where he just wants his storyline to be the movie.

when people thought that having a spazzy camera meant that it was good action, just like having a spazzy story makes your movie kino

DCEU is like watching a gruesome 57-car pileup in super slow motion.

Damn shame

Yeah, but its happening in such a way that you can see each car being able to swerve right out of the way of danger just a little bit more than the last but each failing at swerving and somehow crashing even more badly than it would have before

>The "Transformers" movies are good action movies.

They're bloated, nonsensical piles of garbage.

So, X-Men: Days of Future Past?

>DCEU is like watching a gruesome 57-car pileup in super slow motion.
I don't get it, why?

Because, user, they are poorly written films both as standalone features and as extensions of a greater cinematic universe. The people that give Wonderwoman good ratings are people who take a more casual look towards movies and are probably not as familiar with the fundamental concepts of film

How does Bay get away with the racist shit in the transformer movies? And why does Spielberg allow it?

Yeah? Well you know, that's just like, your opinion man.

Because they have built a reputation for being shit and Spielberg simply does not care about them

>origin
Please no more origin stories.
They serve 2 purposes. Informing the audience how the protagonist's powers work and creating an emotional connection to the protagonist.
Flash isn't a super deep character. He's gotta-go-fast-man.
If you want to have a relationship or demonstrate how his powers work, you can do that without being bound to the constraints of an origin movie.
I think its actually lazy to do an origin movie.
You get automatic time padding and "writes itself" dialogue.
"I'm conflicted about my new powers" scene.
Scene where character has to leave home town.
"life will never be the same but I'm gonna make it work"

If you think about a movie like Fight Club or Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, they both feature unusual characters in a strange version of our world, but they dont spend 45 minutes giving you sappy vignettes of Ma and Pa Thompson. We don't need to see Edward Norton struggling to fit in during high school.
Cut to an interesting challenge in the character's life.
Let the plot reveal the characters personality over the course of the film, instead of front loading it, leaving all the emotion drained and forgotten by the time we get to the final showdown.

>Flash isn't a super deep character. He's gotta-go-fast-man.
Wally is more deep than most superheroes but yeah Barry is pretty bland.

The Die Hard movies are fairly character-driven, actually.

I mean the good old ones, not the "Bruce Willis shaves his head and doesn't give a shit about life anymore "ones.

Wonder Woman was still better than anything MCU gave us since winter soldier.

>nonsensical

t. Brainlet

Except you're wrong. Marvel at it's worst is inoffensive. DC at its best is problematic. Just because Wonder Woman has more of a vision and a sense of mood than Marvel movies does not automatically make it a better film as it still lacks the basics of good film making. Just because you use a really impressive camera than the one they used in Citizen Kane and you have a better soundtrack than the one in Citizen Kane does not automatically mean your film is instinctively better than Citizen Kane

I disagree, Wonder Woman gave us more character development and a better supporting cast than any Marvel movie so far, Chris Pine was the only love interest from a superhero movie that didn't sucked, he was his own character and not the bland generic girlfriend like the ones you find in every MCU movie.

They explored well Diana learning about the reality of the world and human nature, is also a pretty fresh message since is also a critic against the concept that if you kill a bad guy everything is solved, Ares or the General dying didn't bring eternal peace to the world like Wonder Woman believed it would so she change her views and decide that the world will always need her help.

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT MEANS NOTHING IF THERE IS NO STORY FOR IT TO EXIST IN

JUST BECAUSE YOUR PIECE OF SHIT FILM DELVES INTO DIFFERENT AREAS OF SCREENWRITING DOES NOT MEAN ITS GOOD. WONDER WOMAN IS A SPINELESS FLOP SUPPORTED ONLY BY THE MEANDERING ELEMENTS ITS SOULLESS STUDIO EXECUTIVES LEFT BEHIND DURING THE 50TH RECUT OF THE FILM

>all you need is nonstop action and explosions?
If the Transformers movies actually were those, I'd probably love it

There is a story, wonder woman leaves her home in a guest to hunt down ares and stop the great war travelling though the middle of ww1 battles with the help of a n american spy.

What is spiderman story?Impress tony stark fighting some smuggler?Please that's weak even for a filler episode in a b-tier series.

>Baykino

I'll go to my local IMAX theatre and be the guy who shouts 'BRAVO, BAY' as the end credits begin to play.

So... a marvel movie then.

>Hey, Barry, say "hi" to your mother for me!

I would like this.
As long as he does not repeat the mistakes of last knight.

Probably.

Just have Snyder direct it.

The idea here is improve the movie, not make it worse.

Seriously, just hire a Yes Man for a Flash film.

The Flash is not like Wonder Woman where it needs to be very unique to successfully appeal to a certain demographic. You can just hire Brett Ratner and it'll get a 50% on RT at worst.

>Michael Bay

Jesus Christ, WB. just scrap everything and reboot the Ciniematic Universe, and learn from your mistakes and do it right this time.. Or just stop and let it die with what little dignity it has.

Isn't the latest assassin's creed gonna have giant monsters in it? And no future animus shit?

>This would only work if flash was the last justice league member to get a movie
Aquaman is definitely going to be out before this and Cyborg isn't going to get a movie, and BvS is where they re-introduced Batman, so Flash IS the last justice league member to get his solo.

Bay is objectively a good director.

All that remains to be seen is if the abundance of explosions will be enough to compensate the lack of sexy women for him.

>and learn from your mistakes and do it right this time

They're printing money, user.

This was true back when it was a Flash movie. Now it's a stealth Justice League movie and they need someone who can handle that shit.

Plus trying to nab Zemeckis is an obvious attempt to earn some cred for the movie due to his prestige as a director and past experience with time travel adventures.

OH my

Exactly? Snyder has yet to make a single bad movie.

Go home, Zack.

Lord and Miller never dropped out, they were just hired to do a treatment and they did it.

eh idk Sucker Punch was kinda bad, his Dawn of the Dead becomes subpar in the last act, and 300 is a bit overhyped.

his Superhero stuff has been pretty good though.

I was really interested in Famuyiwa's take, and I'm sure Raimi would do well also.

If the DCEU is supposed to be director driven, why wont they let a director fucking take the reigns??

At this point I bet a few of us from Sup Forums could direct the movie and do a great job at it

actually you know what, fuck it

let's get ourselves (or one of us/a team of us) hired to do the Flashpoint movie Sup Forums
where do we start

They were scouted to direct but chose the Han Solo movie instead.

the movie where Ron Howard had to take over?

>I was really interested in Famuyiwa's take,

Flash meets Black Lives Matter

Already proven false.

Scrap the whole thing. Start over by casting someone that looks like Barry

>This was true back when it was a Flash movie. Now it's a stealth Justice League movie and they need someone who can handle that shit.
Flashpoint as it currently stands, is borderline impossible to make. The two and a half hours allocated can't possibly fit Flash's background, alternate Diana, alternate world Waynes as Alt-Batman and Alt-Joker, and what ever other alt-Justice League members.

It is just a clusterfuck, too many stories, too many characters, and Warner would micromanage all of it.

WW turned out okay because Warner left the director to do her own thing. i don't see it happening with Flashpoint.

Why are people so gullible that they think Flashpoint is just going to retcon the entire DCEU? They're simply using the name because it's iconic and catchy.

Sucker Punch was a 9/10 for me but I haven't seen Dawn of the Dead or 300. They aren't my kind of movies.

Sup Forums is full of retards. Civil War was different as was Weekend at Ultrons but don't worry about that.

That wasn't a shitty movie at all

>Finally get a Flash movie
>It's Flashpoint

Fuck me.

Nope. It was reportedly this.

>Barry Allen is determined to travel 15 years back in time to save his mother Nora and rescue his father Henry from prison, with help from Cyborg. Eobard Thawne is secretly monitoring Barry from afar.

>Barry's mentor, Detective Fred Chyre, is framed for the murder of an informant investigating corrupt cops connected to mobster Jack Monteleone. Barry attempts to prove his innocence with help from aspiring reporter Iris West and Chyre's partner Jared Morillo. Montelone hires Leonard Snart to eliminate Barry and Snart creates the cold gun when the Flash becomes involved.

>Iris is killed by Snart after learning that Morillo is the ringleader of the corrupt cops. Barry manages to travel one day into the past again to save her, arrest Snart and expose Morillo, proving Chyre's innocence. In doing so he realizes that someone altered time in the night that Nora was murdered and that his nightmares of a "red-eyed demon" are actually fractured memories, setting up a sequel.

>Featured characters include Snart's sister and partner-in-crime Lisa Snart, Jack Monteleone's brother Joey Monteleone and their enforcer Mick Rory, Captain David Singh and District Attorney Hunter Zolomon.

Not a fan of hitman Cold but otherwise sounds neat

It's been pushed solely because of this dumb useless fuck and his desire to get paid royalties for his shitty fan fiction

>9/10

shitty taste, favoring a movie no one liked except for Snyder and his beard, Deb

>DC can't get anything made
>Marvel is making bad stuff like Inhumans

eewwwww

At least Inhumans got quarantined to ABC.

>Flash isn't a super deep character. He's gotta-go-fast-man.

While I don't think you're completely wrong, Wally is one of the more well developed comic characters, especially ones with on goings.

This would be great. Say what you will about the Transformers movies I enjoy them but 99% of their problems come from the script and the over-designed robots. Take them away and Bay's Flashpoint could be GOAT.

Except his narrative bloat, 6th grade sense of humor, boring action scenes that go nowhere and terrible characters are things that follow in each one of his films. These are things that follow him to each movie, and he doesn't use the same writers every time.

I mean his best movie is a Die Hard knockoff set on Alcatraz, and that really only worked because of how insane the cast was.

Only if they recast Barry and Iris.

>At least Inhumans got quarantined to ABC.
I like the news that the theatre seats are almost empty. This meant most people weren't fooled and know that this isn't really part of MCU. I was worried that ignorant fans would watch it by mistake.