Perfect Episodes

In your opinion what is an example of a perfect episode?

An episode that perfectly encapsulates a a show.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=akAoRhIzkK4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rick Potion #9 for example is in my opinion the perfect Rick and Morty episode.

I was never one to shit on SJ while the season was airing, but those first three or four episodes set the bar at such a high level that it was inevitable that it would flounder and falter.

Beast Wars: Code of Hero

Shakashuri Blowdown is the one Xavier: Renegade Angel episode I'd recommend to people. Great writing and dialogue with incredible wit. Every time I watch it my sides fly off to heaven.

youtube.com/watch?v=akAoRhIzkK4

>perfect episode

It's not perfect I'm going to be honest, I prefer some later episodes, and I'll probably resent townie filler once I can finally marathon this show at a watchable pace but Mirror Gem/Ocean Gem sums up Steven Universe pretty well.

>Gems hand steven a gadget to solve trivial problem
>Steven either awakens it, or gains it's trust so that it starts being friendly back
>The gems, backed by their own prejudice, immediately try to stop him due to fearing for his safety
>Fuck safety, someone needs help
>A SUDDEN APOCALYPTIC ENTITY APPEARS
>STEVEN USED CALM RECONCILIATION
>it's not very effective...
>CGs have to ride out to confront it, lest it fuck up Earth
>They start fighting it, to limited effect
>Steven goes for face to face diplomacy again
>Asks what problem is, tries to solve problem, usually succeeds
>All is solved, until said entity bumps into an even more dangerous being

It makes later episodes that buck the trend even better Jasper being an crystal cancer dog, and Bismuth being kicked in the teeth twice . It's just my opinion though, I can understand why others might find the optimistic approach annoying, even though I find it interesting.

*resent townie filler less

Titans Together, best episode of the series by far and perfectly encapsulates the show as a whole.

Venture Bros, 'Viva Los Muertos!'

Jupiter Jazz #2 in Cowboy Bebop

the Phalanx episodes of the original X-Men animated series, the ones where Beast, Warlock, Forge and Sinister teamed up.

the Duck Amuck episode of the Looney Tunes

the episode of Winnie the Pooh where Tigger lost hist stripes and Eeyore was the only one that still recognized him

"Brain Of The Future" episode of Pinky and the Brain

Rent-A-Ed. It perfectly encapsulated everything that was good about Ed, Edd 'n Eddy (yes, One+One=Ed was phenomenal, but it was more an exploration of cartoons as a medium rather than being a solid display of the shows best traits).

Here thar be dwarves for Billy and Mandy
And of course band geeks for SpongeBob is a given.

Almost Got ‘Im for Batman:TAS
Its got the smart writing, great animation and overall Batman feeling that B:TAS was loved for

Tron: Uprising, "Scars", Parts One and Two.

>Everyone else screams. Why doesn't he?
>He's Tron.

Not What He Seems for Gravity Falls.

Does Big Picture show from Ed Edd n Eddy count?

This and "The Ricks Must be Crazy". The former shows the dramatic effects of messing around with science carelessly the best out of the show and has that powerful ending of Morty's epiphany of having to live in another universe of what Rick has possibly done for who knows how much times. The latter perfected the comedy of what the show is sometimes weak in.

Goddamn that show was fucking good.

Tales of Ba Sing Se?

I never really liked that episode. Just felt like shitty filler, and I never knew that the Iroh ending was a send off for Mako the VA, just figured it was for someone else. Just never had the connection to it that everyone else on Sup Forums seems to have with it.

Either "Last of the Starmakers" or "Tower of Dr. Zalost"

I don't think it was the best episode, but I think it's pretty high up there. It felt more intimate watching characters take a breather while in Ba Sing Se. Felt cozy.

I'm voting towards "Tower of Dr.Zalost" purely because it resonates with my family more but I cannot in any faith say anything wrong about Starcatchers.

That one focuses too much on the Groovy Gang. For a perfect Venture Bros I'd say Victor Echo November or Escape to the House of Mummies.