It may just be me being cynical...

It may just be me being cynical, but does anyone else feel that most of the current comedy webcomics is just the same recycled jokes over and over?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/2JGAm8v
twitter.com/shenanigansen/status/903469969978998784
twitter.com/shenanigansen?lang=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

TBF Owlturd used to do funnier shit but this kinda shit is what sells and the man's gotta eat

Life is unironically saving him, the western concept of "dream" is childish and dangerous, 99% of people dreams are getting a near impossible job like astronaut or being the best something in the world.

They will blame the punchline thing on deadlines, but if you struggle to think of one joke a week, maybe you were never good at comedy to begin with. Most of these people aren't actually funny, but they get tons of likes so they THINK they're funny. And most of these people also, despite being insanely popular, have next to no connection with their audience because their audience doesn't give a shit about them, they're just the, "oh that looks familiar" person. That means their fans don't care about "them", they just care that they're getting cute comics for free.

So when they branch off to original stuff and see like, a 90% drop off of their fan base, they get terrified and crawl back. Then create a non-stop endless cycle of perfectly manufactured comics meant to hit the exact buttons with predictable character expressions and lazy art.

Most people don't make webcomics out of passion, they do it for exposure or for attention. Look at how many of them want to be in the Sup Forums industry and experienced artists always tell them, "Start a webcomic! It's a good way to get noticed". That means every person and their grandmother has a webcomic now. So the actually good webcomics get buried hard and you need to pander just to get noticed or accept your slow climb to having a fanbase.

AwkwardZombie is probably one of the few good consistently updating webcomics left.

>not making a funny passion project alongside your shitty low-effort garbage
i shiggy diggy

if you're poor and stupid sure.
if you use things like a credit score you will never live in any dreams.

people with ambition use finance reports

Many people tried that, including Shen. He found out no one gave a shit and made a post about how no one gave a shit so he just did easy comics with a "life hurts" formula because it's the only thing people did like.

Maybe I'm too optimistic but I feel that if you've got a project that you're truly passionate about and put tons of effort into people will notice. And even if they don't, the process of creating it should be enjoyable in and of itself. I get it's annoying to see your shittier comic do so much better but if it's enough to get you to quit then you probably didn't have the drive to make your "good" comic anyways.

Also, link?

Webcomic Name is the same joke over and over again and I dont know why people enjoy it

Lowest common denominator.

>if you've got a project that you're truly passionate about and put tons of effort into people will notice

You are definitely too optimistic

It may just be me being cynical, but does anyone else feel that most of the current posts are just the same recycled memes ("jokes" is so 2006) over and over?

lol.

Now make it popular so he can redraw it and more than eighty percent of his audience doesn't realize it's a redrawing of a parody.

>I feel that if you've got a project that you're truly passionate about and put tons of effort into people will notice

oh, you sweet naive child. tell that to the millions of extremely passionate artists out there that go unnoticed. other than that, I agree.

The fundamental issue with chasing your passion is that passion itself cannot be directly exchanged for food.

Depends on what kind of passion you're selling, sailor

This one is nice.

That is actually nice.

You can tell that the son ended up gay.

maybe he did faggot, what're you trying to say

Gay people are an evolutionary dead end and are a disappointing waste of time and money on the father's part.

That his son ended up gay.

Has he considered that he failed because he's a fucking shitty writer?

Seriously, Shen's comics are goddamn awful.

>And even if they don't, the process of creating it should be enjoyable in and of itself. I get it's annoying to see your shittier comic do so much better but if it's enough to get you to quit then you probably didn't have the drive to make your "good" comic anyways.
This much is correct. They're just lazy cunts who deserve the flak they get.

It may just be me being cynical, but does anyone else feel that most of the current board is just the same recycled threads over and over?

Recycled threads from hundreds of people over the span of years is not as bad or even comparable to a single artist recycling their own jokes.

imgur.com/2JGAm8v

He tried I think. At the minute his entire following is sort of by accident and he's stuck making the same shit because as much as he doesn't enjoy it, it beats flipping burgers, right?

His twitter is really sad.

twitter.com/shenanigansen/status/903469969978998784

twitter.com/shenanigansen?lang=en

What are his hopes and dreams anyway?

A BIG FUCKING PILE OF MONEY

Wait, again? Didn't he have another crisis a couple of months ago?

Well at least he's aware of it and hates it. Most other "gag a day, woe is me" creators don't give a shit about recycling the same generic popular shit over and over
Hopefully one day he can find an audience that enjoys and supports what he really wants to do

Shit, I had seen him talking about his situation before but that was still pretty upsetting to read.

When was the last time someone booped you?

Cicada is fucking mad. I love it.

He took this down when trannies got pissed.

did he take down the Trump one? the one where someone got REAL mad that another guy likes Trump

god bless the passionate unnoticed artists, giving me really high quality commissions for smaller sums than most artists of less skill

No, it's just Owlturd.

Who cares his dad is a trump supporter they don't count as people

10/10

>I dunno dude, I'm a fucking skeleton
Why does this make me laugh

Fucking neck yourself.

He still wouldn't fit

Make me bitch

>most liked tweet says him to keep going and quotes gailman
>other suggests literal magnetic brainwashing
>trans artist tells him to use pills
Jesus these people are killing him slowy.

Can't they do it faster? Imagine the memes if this guy died

He would if the circle's diameter is the same or greater than the square's height.

make the red guy brown and it's perfect

HA HA LIFE IS HARD GUYS DID YOU KNOW THAT ???!!! HA HA

Fuck you, I was drinking water when I expanded that image.

Literally me in the middle.

Nah that would make the edit obvious.

>Magnetic therapy
>Happy pills

What a complete tragedy this is. Hoping one day he goes full on Ben Garrision and embrace the memery.

That's many current webcomics are adulting is hard.

Really makes my grey mass... expand right now... whoah...

Well I sent him a letter. Hope he does not target as trolling and backpedal harder.

>Deviantart/tumblr generation gets out of college and into the job world.
Good.
Another few years of hardship and they will be perfectly normal.

Like you?

Awkward Zombie is FINE if you like Metal Gear Solid, zelda and pokemon I guess. I like Katie and her art but so often the jokes are just "videogaems sure don't follow really life logic LOL" which is boring and stupid and legitimately autisitc.

Her comics have definitely stagnated between those three games, but she has some decent variety in punchlines.

What you posted not being an example.

well it worked for six billion demons, kingdom death: monster and made in abyss

Pbf is still funny.

Wha? Most cartoons use 4 fingers

If youre going to shit on the guy, you can do better than that

The guy who does Owlturd publicly admitted he does the same joke over and over simply because that's what gets him the most views/likes/subs/whatever internet boner measuring unit you prefer.

PBF never updates.

Jesus, I kinda just want to give him a hug

Anybody still have the edited sarah anderson shit?

This one, and yes.

That is pretty funny

t. Manchester Black

That's actually amusing. Did he take it down?

Here guys, have an edit of his latest masterpiece.

Relatable

Isn't this the guy that sperged out because someone called him a "centrist fuck" or was it another dude?

Life is like a box of life.

>taken down

why are artists so meek? you made a statement that isn't wrong, stand by it.

If you don't get the vanilla kind, it's gonna be shit.

It was him but he was making a joke and people were taking him to seriously

Have you seen his twitter Hes obviously not been in a very good mental state, a hoard of people suddenly attacking you over your statement and not being prepared to take the heat, its understandable how one would break under the pressure

>those edits that blacked her jewess ass

"Hope is a mistake." — Max Mad

Yes, a few people flipped their shit and Shen being Shen, he focused only on the few negative people and buckled.

I think that's just a complaint someone on Sup Forums came up with, then everyone else started repeating it because it was a good catch-all to justify bitching about any type of video game humor. Pointing out that a more fantastic element of something wouldn't work in the real world is a staple of parody, not just in relation to video games.

I don't really like a huge deal of shen's work, but I think it's quite a shame that he is quite weak-willed about his work.

Pls do it while wearing a shirt that reads "life"

kek

why are there so many people who dont want america to be great?

wow i sure love living in a free and progressive society, im sure nazis didnt burn shit they didnt like right?

>you only have 2.3 exams to go
How can she have a third of an exam?

Euroscum use a . instead of a ,

She has 2300 exams left

There's something about a lot of people that claim to be progressive and tolerant that makes them completely blind to their own intolerance and hate.

For this and for calling the letter Z "Zed" they deserve nothing less than a nuclear holocaust.

At least it's not newspaper comics.

>euroscum use a
No. You're the retarded ones, not the rest of the world. Now go and use feet to measure things.