So now that Sup Forums successfully trolled gabby and made our views known about her shit book...

So now that Sup Forums successfully trolled gabby and made our views known about her shit book, will she realize that maybe her book really isnt that good and try to improve the quality, or will she play the victim card and blame us for her fledging sales rather then her own shit writing?

Nah, if anything. Marvel will push it harder and , with any luck, fail even harder to sell it.

What would you do in her place? Keep in mind that Tumblr would be criticizing you instead of us.

She'll keep pushing out the same Schlock she always does, and we'll keep laughing like we always do, and this will keep happening until Marvel realizes that none of us are actually buying it and are just pirating it anyways and then they'll shut it down.

Probably double down, we're all White males etc.

But that's different because, while Autistic and contradictory, Sup Forums has a pretty good track record of analyzing stories, while most Tumblr users couldn't write their way to the end of a children's book.

>Expecting Gabby Rivers to do anything but double down EVEN MORE on America being a "latinx" dyke

>latinx

This is pissing me off.

Definitely play the victim card.
We can still enjoy the moment and celebrate all we want today. I can see media shitstorm roaring in the distance.

She and Marvel don't really care about sales. This was always going to be a very niche book meant to run for 6-7 issues and sell a trade, just like Mockingbird.

>When Marvel whitewashes you because you disagree with them

Doesnt matter mate, Im not criticizing the critic, just the reactions, going by the fact that she has the same respect to us as we have for tumblr. What would you do?

as a Spanish speaker the "Latinx" thing bothers. It is like being mad at how vulgar latin evolved in Spain in the middle ages.

it is like they want to change grammar. you cant just decide to just get a new grammatical gender. And also, Latinx would be uncomfortable to pronounce for Spanish speakers (words generally end in vowels or r, l, n and s/th, not x, and not two or three consonants together).

>try to improve the quality
You can't ask a paraplegic to swim faster, op.

Gabby is an inexperienced writer who is out of her element in comic books. But in her case, no amount of comic experience can fix her biased world views and opinions. These things influence writing in important ways. This is why she'll never get better.

At the end of the day, this could have been avoided if they had REAL editors.

Then again, we wouldn't have the America comic that we all know and "love" if they did.

"America" needs to be retooled. It needs to star another non white, yet still America-themed hero. What would you make it about?

I'd say American Eagle needs a shot at the big times. Make him the 90's counterpart to Captain America. He's way stronger than Cap and has a Red Hood vibe about him. And he's Native American so that could be the source of some politics. It also wouldn't be out of character since he's been an activist character since day 1 and unlike Captain Falcon, he has a tough personality and take no shit attitude so he wouldn't be constantly trying to play the middle man and make every one happy.

That's what I would do. If they complain about the book being anti-minority, then they just have to move on to another minority, with an even harder edge. One who's even more oppressed and shit on than lesbians and Latin Americans combined

>Marvel don't really care about sales
I dont get this, whats the fucking point of being a comic COMPANY if your not making money for your COMPANY? Are they really so high off the sjw kool aid that they care more about spreading a forced hamfisted message and just chalk up their sales as a loss and replace the money needed to fund their company from disney? Because if so, this cant go on forever and disney will cut off their monetary vein sooner rather then later

Here's the thing, she has to know it's not very good but she is still collecting a paycheck for it and likely feel like she's somewhat improving. But there is no value in saying that publicly. Best thing would be to ignore it. Getting gotten by a joke is not going to kill you. Laugh at the haters or whatever and move on.

Stop giving Sup Forums more credit than it deserves, you should know better

Except what you're proposing is a completely different book with an unrelated character, so it's not a "retooling".

America was made to have a solo book about the character America Chavez who a small segment of fans were asking for.

You're not understanding. They don't care about FLOPPY sales. Marvel, and all comics companies, desperately want and need to grow outside of the comic shop market. Books like America are meant to appeal to people who won't go to a comic shops, specifically Hispanic teens and young adults.

All that matters for this book is if the trade sells on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. There is no SJW conspiracy, it's solely about money and appealing to a different demographic who might buy either digitally or from bookstores. Young minorities and women just happen to be the biggest demographics that comics have traditionally not been able to tap into because they don't go to comic shops and don't usually give a fuck about superheroes.

Yes, this book is going to be cancelled very soon, probably BEFORE the trade is even out, but that's OK because the investment is to try and sell a trade, not to sell floppies.

I'd love to see more of this guy. What was the last story featuring him, though? The last I can remember was (I think) Civil War 1, where he stomped the shit out of Bullseye. Was he in the War Machine book during Dark Reign? I remember Rhodey spending time hiding out in a reservation.

>one person writes a letter saying they don't like a title
>BTFO IT'S OVER KEK

Jesus retards. Titles get hate mail all the time. And yes embarrassing letters and shit get printed by accident sometimes. It's just like a typo. Why the fuck would anyone care? Not everyone is going to like anything that gets made.

I've never read this so I don't know how shit it is but Sup Forums having a god complex and thinking every cartoon and comic they criticize here (which is everything) is BTFO is so brutally retarded. No, the industry doesn't care that a few whiny NEETs bitch on a message board about everything.

>will she play the victim card and blame us for her fledging sales rather then her own shit writing
She'll play the victim card and use this to go "see, I told you people on the internet are bullies :(" for sympathy points.

Congratulations Sup Forums, you played yourself.

She will make a Sup Forums parody joke... you will see.

You forgot option C:
>realize Sup Forums's opinion means literally nothing and continue ignoring this board, like every other creator.

You know what the answer is already you double nigger, no need to make yet another one of these shitty threads circle jerking over a successful troll. Next thing you know we are going to beat this dead horse to a pulp and just bring about more shit towards this board.

>dat body type

This. This will onlty be good for her career and increase the amount of shitty threads on Sup Forums from newfaggots who heard about this from reddit or someplace else

>America's next villains is poorly made parody of Sup Forums
Where have I seen that before?

You must be retarded you don't hit the work you hit the money source you retarded fucks.

As long as there white knights,Milkshake girls and Heather 'it's ok to support someone being doxed"Antos then nah they just find another book to ruin

But we have been you retarded fuck. Literally no one buys marvel anymore. The fact there sales are shit shows they dont care about money anymore, and only care about spreading their shitty message

>Heather 'it's ok to support someone being doxed"Antos
I dont know what this is referring too, care to explain?

Forge would be better

Who is this black mama

i bet you could make a lot of america and sonichu comparisons

sonichu is way better btw

how about have a comic that doesn't have her in the title. something like "Yankee Dirndl". of course no one would wear one, it's just a funny title. showcase her and other female characters within the marvel universe, have cameos and team ups. like whatever happened to marvel team-up? there could be long story arcs where a few characters (any of them. doesn't have to be just minorities and women) that have like 10 issues dedicated to character development. then after that, the writers would trade places with other writers so they can have a turn while the earlier set of writers have time to take a break and research whatever characters or villains they want to use next

meowsa

He's not America themed.

Last he showed up was in some Fear Itself tie in where he was dealing with skin heads trying to false flag their way to a justifiable attack on a reservation before he kicked them out. Before that he was hiding War Machines grandma from Osborn.

In theory, they could either bring Miss America back, or just her Initiative substitute, which was only used for that one-shot.

The why is BleedingCool making a huge fuss over it?

Sup Forums may be getting a swelled head over one measly hate letter that they snuck in, but their efforts are worth it if that one letter generated frothing at the mouth outrage from them. Especially since Marvel these days are not filled with people with thick skins.

Well in that case. I'd have all the college shit removed and have it so that America does shit for ARMOR on the side and she hops around dealing with alternate universe threats. It becomes a buddy cop thing where she's the brash new guy to Portal's, (Charles Little Sky, Head of ARMOR) older straight man bit. 2 brown people hopping around punching and shooting Maker copies.

How's that?

Remember when Gabby claimed the reason she doesn't speak Spanish is her mother refused to teach her or her siblings because that would give them accents and they would then be persecuted.

I mean, I don't give a shit about Chavez so I have no investment. Making a book about her as a character would probably make more sense with your pitch, but again the book isn't aimed at people who are interested in superheroes or scifi action, it's aimed at the kind of teen or young adult who might be interested in a book by someone like Gabby Rivera.

So if they're going to make a quirky book with a terrible YA fiction writer about a minority character who goes to college, I'm fine with them using America Chavez for that. Not everything has to be traditional superheroes or something that appeal to me. Though I would argue that there should be a minimum bar of quality which America does not meet, which is why it will likely be a failure as a trade as well.

Because Rich is mad that we hate him so he wants to make us look bad and blow it up into some huge thing. He pointed it out in the article that we shit on him. It's just childish bullshit.

She supported the doxing of Diversity and Comics guy, and called him a racist all because he was in Charlottetown when all that shit went down.

>He pointed it out in the article that we shit on him
Someone doesn't? No, seriously, I'm asking.

good lord you guys are embarassing

You can thank the Sup Forums immigrants.

Honestly I don't go around a lot to see how other people receive him on other sites, but he sounded butthurt af to even mention himself in that context so it sounds like it bothers him.

Why are u here. This is how I sustain myself

>a very niche book meant to run for 6-7 issues
It's been solicited beyond that already with no indication of being cancelled.

These people never take responsibility or consider that they might be doing something wrong or subpar.

>he thinks marvel comics exists to sell comics
This is a script sweatshop for future movies now. they don't give a shit about comic sales, they literally send free books to stores to push titles.
This is about the America movie or Netflix series in a few years, dum dum. Yay, Latinx protag, much virtue , many signals.

Marvel Comics still has to be profitable on its own. Editorial, writers, artists, etc do not see any movie or TV money. It's not even like DC where they compensate you if your arc or a character you created gets adapted somewhere.

Reminder that when you purchase Marvel Comics, your money contributes to Ike's paycheck, which in turn is used to donate to Donald Trump.

I wonder if their staff knows this.

>tfw even japan does proper cape stuff better than marvel

Look p diversity and comics he has whole video about someone trying to dox him and make it worse there tweets still around her supporting him being doxed and trying call him racist .Just because he was in charlottesville during the riot and used that get people to believe he was part of the drama when there proof he was looking for mister miracle issue 1

Fuck I miss the storytime.

why am I getting trap feelings?

Did the last issue even get storytimed? I haven't seen it anywhere and strangely enough the comic didn't get storytimed in the sticky.

Did the one user who bought the book to share with Sup Forums actually drop it?

>"us"
>one person wrote the letter
Try not taking credit for shit you haven't done, prevents you from becoming Sup Forums

it did get storytimed

it was storytimed which is how people found out to make the sticky

well I assumed that since there was a Sup Forums letter this book has to be storytimed.

Oh, well shit i was so busy in the sticky thread i must've completely missed it.

Thanks anons.

Having read Sonichu comics and this comic I can honestly say the writing quality is about the same.

Rumor is Axel Alonso is going to be fired pretty soon. Sorry, "Stepping down to do other things"

He tweet that or sumin'?

what did Sup Forums do? where can i read pirated comics?

>Marvel finally found out he was a DC plant

Win-O' threads and readcomcicsonline.to are your friend.

>>tfw even japan does proper cape stuff better than marvel

let's not go that far

I hear Nick Spencer is also getting fired.

It's going to be canceled anytime now. The last issue only sold 11,000 or so units.

>MHA
>proper cape stuff
It's just shonen battle with a cape coat of paint.

>implying hero academia and one punch man aren't miles better than anything marvel is doing

That's still miles better than what Marvel's doing. Better that than preaching about """diversity"""

I think you're proving to her that she's doing a good job. You're just the sort of cunt she's fine with pissing off.

Never read this, never plan to.
What are the "plots/story arcs" for this series out of curiousity?

*gabby rivers

America falls in love with brown Rhonda Rowsey at first sight, Rhonda stabs America, They make up while fighting in Arcade's murder-boxing ring, and Hawkeye is there and so is old America from the future who turns out to be her superpowered grandmother.

There, you're all caught up.

That's painfully hilarious of how stupid that sounds

That's just the most recent arc.

She's at half the normal circulation of the cancelation line
I suspect she'll play the oppression card when they pull the plug..

All that being said, there's actually shit in her writing that I really like. And she's a far cry better than say Mockingbird or Hellcat, or a bunch of other boring, predictable borderline myspace update books.

That sounds pretty bad for Kate Leth if Gabby's crap is more entertaining in comparison.

this guy was awesome in Thunderbolts

being bad enough that people find it funny is way better than being bad without anything unintentionally hilarious about it

Yeah. But Thunderbolts kept him really really grounded.

Can we just get Scalped with superheroes in the Marvel U?

>USA-themed, /fit/ brown lesbian with the ability to travel anywhere in the Marvel multiverse at will
Really it's entirely on Gabby for fucking up something this easy. But she strikes me as the person who would rather double down on bad habits when someone criticizes her, Dobson-style, so don't expect it to improve.
It doesn't help she's clearly racially prejudiced.

Rumor is my dad works at Nintendo

>will she realize

No user. No.

No SJW is self-aware enough to ever have a thought like this.

Alright. Lets forget about the terrible execution

The last couple of issues had America Chavez, and a dreadlocked pit fighting love interest forced to fight in an underground superhuman cockfighting ring, or some hostages die. The pit fight audience is made up of supervillians and mindless ones..

She gets a last second support from her time displaced thick luchador ancestor, and girl hawkeye..

Or America accidently discovers she can punch holes in time, and ends up in WW2,

Compare that to Hellcat goes to the mall, or Mockingbird goes on a cruise, while an ex boyfriend and some random nerds show up, and the ghost of some stalker dude starts bothering her.

apple doesn't fall far from the tree

You need to have a thick skin to differentiate a mosquito bite from a jackhammer.

SJW think ever mosquito bite is the equivalent of 2 nuclear bombs and they are the victims of unprecedented bigotry while playing the victim card and then evolving it into social media martyrdom.

They can't grasp simple concepts as criticism or people having different ideas.

It's true. Gabby is at least entertaining in the way witnessing a traincrash is entertaining and the art in America is a FUCKTON better than the art in Hellcat.

Hellcat is just bad with no unintended joy in it's retardation. Plus Kate Leth is a horrible person to boot while Gabby is just a fairly standard queer SJW.

>Can we just get Scalped with superheroes in the Marvel U?

I'd take it in the DCU at this current moment. Once Marvel gets their shit together I wouldn't mind it there.

>Sup Forums didn't like my book so now I realize that it isn't very good
This was never said or thought by anyone, ever. Get real.

I don't have an apu gib enough.

a Sup Forumsmrade got a letter published in the back of the latest America comic, comparing it to the movie The Room. It was signed from C.O.