FLASH THREAD

>F L A S H did nothing wrong

Is Flash Rebirth worth reading?

I think its alright. Did a good job writing Thawne.

>

>Not saying "IT WAS ME, EOBARD"

First for best Flash ship, Iris is a bitch, Jess is cute

Positives:
>Is not a raging dumpster fire like the New 52 book
>Good take on Thawne
>Okay handling of Rogues
>The art is pretty fantastic most of the time

Negatives:
>Barry is an idiot who takes on guilt just like the tv show
>Too many evil/dark speedster arcs
>Inconsistent tone leads to botched reveals and character threads which should never be followed up.

Give 'The Button' and the arc right after it a read. You can probably skip the rest. Keep in mind The Button crosses over with Batman so the full story is split between the books.

Am I the only one who thought New 52 Flash was alright? Certainly not in the top 5 Flash runs or anything, but I had fun with it for the most part early on. Wasn't really a fan of meta-Rogues or the fact that it was the reason we have 2 Wally's now, but Daniel's story and Grodds were alright

New 52 Flash was fine until the writer switch. Then it just jumped straight off a fucking cliff.

When I saw raging dumpster fire, I really mean the post-Manapul portion. That book went from beautiful and a kind of meh reboot to outright garbage really quickly. There were so many stupid, shitty story arcs that came from it. Pic related.

I was having trouble remembering when I dropped it and that was it, post Manapul. I dont want to sound shallow, dropping a book because of the art, but that and the writing shift was really unbearable.

I wasn't really into the pairing until I saw their kids including my future timeline speedwaifu

>No ear-wings

WTF is this lazy piece of shit edit?

Comics are a visual medium. There's nothing shallow about ditching or picking up a book on account of the art.

>IT WAS ME user , I DID IT

that's the good shit

DAMN YOU ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

Let's get this train a'zooming!

Skip the first 8 issues and you're golden. Shit hits the fan (in a good way) in the mid 20s.

I feel like RF and Yellowjacket would get alone

>tfw they give her her mother's first name
>She goes by Jessie Quick

Any other Flash stories worth reading? I suppose Manapul's n52 stuff is decent as well?

why flash is faster ? and why he can't be old if he is faster?

THAWNE

CISCO

PLEASE

HELP ME

I didn't do anything. Think, Barry.

I loved the art and enjoyed it, but I'd prefer Wally as the Flash if they were going for an unmarried, young guy. SA Barry is a lot of fun.

The meta of the Rogues was OK, it was a differences as with many of the other New 52 changes that wasn't an annoying Effed Up, let's shit on the prior canon thing.

Does any other panel so perfectly and succinctly sum up Eobard's personality?

>Then it just jumped straight off a fucking cliff.

>post-Manapul portion. That book went from beautiful and a kind of meh reboot to outright garbage really quickl

This is true. I literally stopped trying to read it in the beginning of the trade that starts post Manapul.

Disgusting.

Buddycops is gross.
Barry x Jess is gross.
Hell, even Barry x Baz is gross.
Every possible shipping combination in that image is gross.

>Is Flash Rebirth worth reading?
I'll just leave this here.

When Wally talks him out of destroying the Cosmic Treadmill.

Unless Modern thawne is THAT different from the 80's version, is he still a big flash fanboy gone mad?

Agreed. Mitch can go jump in front of traffic for all I care.

i saved mom oh that's not right no no it wouldn't have changed all this

IT WAS ME, MCFLY

I FUCKED YOUR MOTHER

He's still a snubbed fanboy in Rebirth.

To be fair, he's like his ex-partner now. Not so much a fanboy as a reformed criminal who felt betrayed by Barry and returned to crime. He seems to remember all of his past lives and origins, though.

Does reverse Flash still work by slowing everyone around him down or is he just a go-fast guy now?

>Do you remember that cart full of manure?
>THAT WAS ME BIFF!
>I FILLED UP THAT CART!

>this

I'm surprised Eobard didn't shift some of his rage onto Wally for being a "replacement".

Or at least maim Wally to get to Barry.

I love that petty asshole so damn much.

You mean Zoom/Hunter Zolomon? He's either depowered atm or not relevant to be around. Wally doesn't exactly have much to lose for the whole tragedy gig.

Otherwise all the other Reverse Flashes go fast.

I don't think Zoom exists, does he? Zolomon might, but in the Rebirth timeline Wally was never The Flash.

I could see him being in Mr. Oz's prison though.

I dont see the point of Zoom existing these days sadly. Zolomon was there to make Wally a better Flash through tragedy, and its not like he can murder his kids anymore. 2 Wally's, no Zoom with weird time powers, and Godspeed kind of already a stand in

>mfw reading this on the bottom left

Manabooch n52 Flash was honestly, the best continuous 26 issues Barry has ever had.
yeah after Manapul and Booch left it was unsalvageable garbage no one should subject themselves to; but that first 26 issues was definitely among the top 5-10 n52 books

Speedsters and the passage of time never make any sense, even though Zoom couldn't time travel on his own via the treadmill.
In any case Hunter is probably still in the force or floating off in limbo, possibly both with Manhattan screwing around with everything.

lmfao my sides
based thawne

This is a cute ship...too bad Barry and Iris is endgame, and Wally and Linda is endgame....maybe Jessica can have Bart??

Think they'll pretend Bar-tor never happened?

lets hope so.
did they ever retcon Tim back to status quo?
or is he still NOT-tim even after rebirth

Not sure on Tim since I'm not up-to-date on Tec but at least he should be coming back soon from Oz's prison.

Bart used to annoy the hell out of me but now that he's gone and was replaced with some abomination from a likely drug-addled mind, I find him oddly endearing now.

I want there to be some good Bart comics for once. First he was annoying, then his Flash run was downright terrible.

>Other superhero threads
>Utter shitstorms and chaos

>Flash threads
>Calm, rational debates and conversations

Flash is love.

Flash really is love. No matter which Flash it is we are all one family. faggots

>Not "I was that feel"

how the fuck
he was great on Injustice at least

Ouch. That's Wally getting curbstomped by Deathstroke caliber.

Let me tell you about "time booms", son.

>how the fuck
Jesus Blood, son.

It seems he's go-fast now, but both events are explained as Negative Speed Force. N52 events are still canon, but now aren't the first meeting of Barry and Zoom, but just one among the others.

Zoom/Eobard was using Zolomon's time stop in N52. Rebirth went back to go-fast.

Godspeed is go-fast, he's a stand in in the sense of repeating Zolomon's backstory of being Flash's cop buddy who felt shafted by the Flash.

Eobard had Zolomon's powers in the New 52 (though explained by (Negative) Speed Force) and it seems Wally has also somehow gotten them after getting the heart disease.

I'm triggered that this skips Mesner-Loebs' run and Time Flies

>uses superspeed to rip apart the letter
God dammit

based dubs of truth
Jess deserves a good dicking

Did anyone ever draw Dr. Dash?
The earth 3 Reverse Reverse Flash who was responsible for most of the good things in evil Barry's life?
>Remember that time your dog was almost ran over but the truck missed him by inches? It was me barry! I saved your dog!
>Instead of being a huge dick bent on ruining Barry, he tries be a friend and turn him good, but it doesn't works.

It's beautiful...

I'm kind of annoyed how Thawne went from this amazingly petty, ruthless asshole to a sobbing whiny fanboy. Like I get that was part of The Return of Barry Allen and all but Thawne had long since been pure rage and spite rather than a weeping bitch.

Fucking Williamson man.

>Manabooch n52 Flash was honestly, the best continuous 26 issues Barry has ever had.

Daming with faint praise.

Also wrong since the Bronze Age stuff was better.

Flash threads are often amongst the worst capeshit threads. Filled with autists and Barry vs Wally nonsense.

It's easy to skip WML because most of it's mediocre and Waid's run starts with an origin and drastically changes the status quo pretty early on.

To read WML you probably want to start with Baron or you'll be out of the loop and Baron is awful aside from maybe #1.