Sup Forums "bullies"

>jock is always a douchebag who picks on the "nerds"
why do cartoons and comics do this? the people I knew ft on my high school team were the nicest guys around, even to scrubs like me. Hell I remember a few of them were into "nerdy" shit.
any comics or cartoons where they're actually nice or are equally "nerdy"? I can only think of ed edd and eddy

>Sup Forums is becoming pro-Chad
Y tho

Sup Forums is going to say that animators are butthurt nerds taking it out on jocks.
They're wrong.

It's really just an old cliche based on fiction they grew up watching, Probably stemming from the whole underdog dynamic.
The Jock stereotype is physically stronger than the nerd, to add to that they're also socially stronger, also sometimes financially stronger. An antagonist who has everything is a "stronger" villain than one who's an equal.

you know the reason the popular kids are popular isnt because they have lettermans.

Usually they tend to be nice,funny people who are fun to hang around .

you can be a rich kid and still be hated by everyone if you are a total cunt.

Self inserts. Projecting as the bullied kid.

I just want more male on female bullying, that's all.

Most of the more popular kids in my middle and high school were douchebags.
To be fair, the girls were vastly more cruel than the guys but the popular guys were still much more able to be assholes then my fellow rejects.

He was a nice dude

Best version of Dash and Kwan.

Not Sup Forums but the best subversion to this I've ever seen is MP100. The fitness club were such bros, and I wish we had more "jock" characters like that.

really liked how Mob Psycho 100 completely turned that around, making the jocks the nicest people in the show

>subversion

did the actor really know how to spin that ball or was it a camera trick?

there was already a female Danny in the show remember? Why did this guy do a re-imagining when all he needed to do was add a few inches to the clone?

No more Jockshaming!!

Football and basketball players tend to be cool guys, but the less popular sports have a lot of jackasses in them from my experience. In my school, the Lacross team were stereotypical mean jocks while the wrestling team were comprised of Roger Klotz-esque "assholes with an immature sense of humor that nobody really likes" types.

I don't think either of them really antagonized anyone in particular, but they weren't pleasant to be around.

I wonder how cartoon bullies will be in 10 years.

>did the actor really know how to spin that ball or was it a camera trick?
jeebus christ is summer painful

Maybe because the artist wanted to be more creative than simply take an already existing design and tweak it a few.

>recognizes Neds Declassified
>is "summer"

user....

They'll be white.

Most the sports teams ran the gamut.
Wrestling had some nice kids, some assholes, this weird quiet guy who I thought was a nerd then realized he was an ubermensch and this one creepy asshole with no friends named me
Probably the same since there's little reason to change the formula. Though come to think of it, the only school with a proper school dynamic I've watched recently doesn't really have any jocks and the only bully is rich but hated by pretty much everyone and only tolerated for all his cool shit and because he shows up all the time.

He wasn't the bully though

Mob Psycho was beautiful, and I knew it was going to be good the moment he chose the body improvement club over the paranormal club.

this, the body improvement club are some really reliable friends to have if they were real. They always kept mob in their best interests even if he wasn't very strong.
it should also be interesting to note that the blonde psychic (I forgot his name) is also a nice bully too, since he saw the error of his cocky ways and be a me a nice guy

Like Flash from Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Because the people who approve or reject the scripts are often old fags who can only relate to something if it follows 1970s and 1980s tropes.

When a young person is in charge the stories are more contemporary. Unfortunately that rarely happens because the current crop of oldfags are boomers, who will never willingly leave their do nothing jobs.