Get in here lads

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ddaSYKhXBdM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Transaustralian here.

>trans
No poofs allowed.

So what are the actual numbers?

6% unemployed + another 10% underemployed?

Do your government parties bring up this topic?

>Unemployed
So all of you aussie shitposters are in fact just a bunch of NEETs.
You guys have a big mouth, but in reality you are just a waste of space.

>a fucking gypsy

1 in 3 15-24 year olds are unemployed/underemployed

Australia doesn't really have NEETs they are a minority amongst drunken bogans, free to roam all of Australia with their income from the government.

how can you be unemployed in australia, just make a job 90 percent of the country is barren wasteland.

youtube.com/watch?v=ddaSYKhXBdM

How can Europe be over run with mud slimes? Just make them leave

Yeah you can't really be a "Dole bludger" because the second you become lazy they cut your payments.

You have to apply for 20 Jobs a fortnight, then forward confirmation emails of those jobs to the my Gov jobseeker website. If you send the same job, you'll have to explain it to them. If you fuck up in the slightest and don't make the 20 by the due date, your payments are cut. You're issued appointments via the mygov site, that you can't be notified of via text/email/letter. Miss an appointment - miss your payments. Oh and if you turn up in shitty attire, forget things, barely interact with the activities and in general are a bogan shit cunt, your payments get cut.

Basically you have to be fit to work (shower and wear clean clothes) and actually legitimately looking for work or your payments get cut.

That's wrong though. I have to apply for 20 jobs a month, through the jobseeker site, and they notify me of appointments by email AND text.

How many of those are graduates?

>a fucking straya cunt ruining the NEET dream

i hate canadians

That's alright. Everyone else hates Canadians too.

That's fucked mate, maybe your getting the 'white Australia' service. Also 20 Jobs a month? Really? That's fucken nothing what the fuck? Like I could apply for 20 in one day all with specifically typed out cover letters for each.

That's wrong though. I get Newstart, $537/fortnight, and what is required of me. Is I just have to click apply on a job on the job seeking part of the website. I do that for 10 jobs, and then I do it in a months time.

Every month and a half I have a 5-10 minute catch-up appointment with my case manager about jobs and shit.

Fuck me I got quads on that shit?

Anyone else getting popups on Sup Forums now?

Fucking Hiro

Maybe its 'cause I live in South Australia and they know for a fact there are no jobs here.

>Canadians.
What you say is what you are, poophead. xD

What the fuck? Your service provider is probably lazy as shit/not doing it right.

I turned off my adblocker just for Sup Forums but I started getting pop-up advertisements and I shut that shit down quickly. Fuck Hiroshimoot

Nah I think it's just job service providers or whatever they are called. Can't say for a fact, but am fairly certain they get a ""not wage"" payment monthly, for each person they have registered. When someone gets a job through the service, they are then paid an award amount by Gov for getting someone back in the work force.

Problem is most people see
Pick 1
>Wage
>One Time payment

And all of them pick the wage, cause why the fuck not?

Again I can't confirm this, it's just what I've heard from multiple people - though it does make sense

I used to, maybe eight years ago or something like that, have to go in every fortnight with 20 jobs and this was back when you had to actually sit there and be baby sat afterwards while you went through the phonebook calling people. It was a complete and utter waste of time and when I did eventually get work it was through no result of any of the shit they did. Most of these job agencies are scams that just suck government money and when someone DOES get a job they get to take credit for it and get more funding. They tried to make me sign a form at the end of it saying that they'd helped me and I told them to shove it.

Last I heard, immigration brings in 50,000+ people a year.

The unemployment rate is about double what they say it is. So basically 10-12% Overall.

Population is constantly getting bigger.

Automation is taking away jobs.

The world is fucked Anons.

I'm 23, have had Centrelink since I was 16

Agree.

Though I'll add If you want to get an apprenticeship or trade, or a license/card for work, they will help you and you can claim whatever you pay on it through them.

>All these Centerlink cunts
kill yourselves. I don't even work full time and still don't claim because welfare is killing this country.

Just got employed at Hugo Boss.
Pretty psyched lads.

Can you count jobs applied for on seek and other stuff or is it all those government meme program jobs you can only apply for to count towards the application quota

Everything in my state, SA, is fucked. Nearly ever day it seems like there's an article about some major company closing or employees being drastically cut. I think the entire state now is propped up solely on the wine industry.

Just got my first job employed at Hugo Boss.
Pretty psyched lads.

Good luck on your own job searches m8s, it took me a few months to find one that had actual decent hours.

Any job from anywhere counts. Even if you just called some random place and asked if they had any positions available.

Be prepared to be worked like a horse.

I agree with that, if you're not looking for those things they usually just push you in to doing some sort of certificate. I milked that shit just because it meant I didn't have to go and sit in their offices with my thumb up my arse.

>Apply for 20 jobs
>Literally just look online for twenty advertised positions
>Put them in
>No one at Centrelink ever actually asks for more info about the jobs you applied for

The system is really fucking easy to exploit.

Yeah I don't work at all and claim.

Id love to work, unfortunately no options.
>Just apply at Macca's
Yeah no shit I've been applying all over, there's just not that much work at all. And fast food places are going to see

>14 year old
$12 an hour

>24 year old
>$22 an hour to do exactly the same

I'm SA too. At least Adelaide weed is the best in the country.

Should've dropped a 3nd bomb on them cunts

No on the mygov website, employers in my local area put their jobs on there. I just click the green Apply button. And it automatically logs it on my account, as 1/10 jobs. I do that for 10/10 jobs. Take a few minutes.

>finishing work up on november 9
>gonna start looking for work on january 9
>meanwhile gonna workout and fuck backpackers

I hope people are hiring then.

Congrats m8

>Decent hours
Lmao bro I just want a job I can actually fucking travel to. The only work going where I live in Queensland just seems to be Warehouse/factory/industrial work in suburbs all as far as possible away

Fast food is the most depressing, soul-crushing, thankless work there is. Ignore all that "foot in the door" shit, its garbage. Being on CL is infinitely better than working fast food...and it pays more.

>Got my first job as a casual on Monday
>Got a letter in the mail yesterday saying I need to go to jury duty
>Will probably lose my job as a result

What the fuck? How do I get out of this? Do courts accept new casual employment as a valid reason to be excused?

>Do courts accept new casual employment as a valid reason to be excused?

No. But its also illegal for them to fire you for jury duty.

>current year - 2
>just got carpenter's licence
>decide i'll get another
>CV, own car, own tools, 4 years site experience, endeavours to do presentable work type of cunt
>nearly 2 years looking for electrician's apprenticeship

>current year
>told a guy outright would work 1st year award for full app duration
>seems keen
>2 days later not so keen

>current time
>managed to get a builder's licence in the time I spent looking for electrician's apprenticeship (and still don't have one)
>fucking lol
>why can't we have trade schools like the US where they teach you a trade for a couple years no need for union mandated apprenticeship

>go on (((centre-link))) for a week
>apply for 20 jobs
>hear back from 3 of them

Just do some (((TAFE courses))) and make it look like you actually want a job. I've never been on the dole for more than a week.

It's an 8 week trial and I'm only a Christmas casual. Contract says they're not obliged to give me work and they can dump me at any time.

Honestly, how do I get out of this jury duty bullshit? I'm so mad.

Considering it takes at least a fortnight for them to approve your application and another fortnight for your payments to actually start I'm going to say that you're full of shit.

oi cunt give us a lighter

Just go to jury duty and explain that you are incredibly racist. Go full Sup Forums. You will be exempted.

I've dealt with jury duty shit, but only when I was at uni, I'm pretty sure though if you explain the situation to them when you go in for orientation they'll be able to work something out for you. You may not get out of it but they might post-pone your JD until a later date. Which is what they did for me.

That didn't work last time when I went in wearing a shirt with a giant swastika on it.

>I just got 3 calls for (((interviews))) in the first week

I'm saying if you aren't a complete NEETmaggotcunt you'll be fine.

I don't think that's a good idea. Can't you be found to be in contempt of court for that?

This is the 5th time the've called me up this year. All the other times I've been able to defer because of uni, and now I finally get a job and this shit comes up. Fucking hell.

Yeah I know that feel, I had to defer it three times, they'll do it for you this time though. Definitely.

Not everyone who goes to jury duty actually has to sit in on the case, i.e they only pick some people out of a group. not totally sure tho m8

holy fuck FOR REAL

i can actually blame my NEET lifestyle on the gov?? noice

>they'll do it for you this time though. Definitely.

God I hope so. I'll write them a letter and call them on Monday and hopefully they'll understand.

Also, I've been reading that (in America at least) if you bring up a thing called jury nullification you get tossed out immediately. But I'm not sure if this exists in Australia. Can any lawfags fill me in?

They cut me off about 6months ago because they wanted me to start working for the dole and i was having none of that. Kicked back for abit on some money i had saved up from a job a had a year ago. Reapplied 2 weeks ago and waiting for my 1st paycheck then Ive got 6 months before they slap me back on work for the dole.
How the fuck do i avoid this work for the dole garbage?

Yes, but knowing my luck, they'll probably select me. I think lawyers look for "salt of the earth" type people. So if I came dressed as an intellectual in a suit maybe that would get me turned away. I don't know though.

It comes as no surprise to me you guys don't have jobs but think you know the answers to all political questions.

Just go in and drop some spaghetti. Should work a charm

Yeah I'm sure working as a bricklayer would make my opinions on politics far more valid

Theyll get rid of ya right after christmas. Its happened to me twice before.

Nah, I think they like those kinds of people who can be easily swayed m8. Maybe if I claimed to be a law student that would do the trick.

>having a job qualifies someone to know about politics

wewlad, what do you think politicians are m8

Thanks boomers. Thanks immigrants. I'll just go get a nonexistent job right now.

Where did you work?

Plus, at least that's still some experience and money you're getting, unlike sitting in a fucking courtroom for 8 weeks.

I remember being NEET and wanting to die everyday

Worked as a kitchen hand ($19/h, 20-30 hours per week) for a few months and soon I'll be getting up to $30/h for over 40 hours a week.

My secret was to not be a shit cunt, also mild gambling on the side, put money on Trump before the odds even further slide m8s.

wouldn't know m8. I got called up for jury duty like 1-2 years ago but got out of it because of uni exams

Some warehouse in caringbah. Soon as the holidays hit I never heard back from them. Was there for 2 weeks. 2nd time was setting up stages in the city for those christmas carrol things. Soon as that was over i was axed

Lucky. This is the 5th time I've been called up just this year alone. (((Random selection)) my arse.

Join the army. as long as you arent a fat cunt the job is pretty fucking easy.

What does "hidden unemployed" mean? Just people not on CL?

"""underemployed""" just means having a media degree and working in mcdonalds right? aka about right

>fighting wars for (((them)))

rather stab myself desu

I think it means people who have just stopped bothering completely

25 years and ive never been called for that shit. How do you get so lucky?

>How do you get so lucky?

You mean unlucky. I'm just naturally unlucky m8.

Who on earth would want to do jury duty? It's such a huge inconvenience to my life.

Might do some seasonal farmwork up in QLD over summer after i hit up Byron for Toolies, wheres the coziest place to move to, getting out of melbourne

The only thing that puts me off about the army is the amount of humanitarian/civilian bullshit you can seemingly be forced in to

Oh, well that sounds familiar

witnessed

Also, most dole bludgers aren't on Newstart. They are on the disability.

I interned at Legal Aid for uni, and all of these criminals/drop kicks were getting the disability pension for 'anxiety and 'mental illness'

Yeah I hear back from these jobs, I'm not fucking slacking it or retarded to the point my resume isn't appealing.

But these jobs I'm hearing back from are literally "Hey come to our trial day and well show u what we do :)" to which I say
Yeah what are the details, what's the pay? Where is it?
>Commission only

Like why the fuck am I literally getting calls from these commission only Jobs once a week?

Given I do apply for telemarketing positions and sales positions (but these are few, compared to IT/data entry jobs etc)

Do they call up people with criminal records? If not just glass some cunt and you'll never hear from em again mate

Same boat. Told them to get fucked, they didn't help me find the job.

>be me
>be 27
>worked 3 years out of the 9 years
>constantly fighting for permanent work
>no one wants to hire me for long term, only when business is busy
>business is slow as shit now no one wants to employ me

Commission/sales based jobs have really high turnovers because they shotgun hire and then sack 9/10 of them a month later.

Xmas is round the corner so they'll be hiring soon

would doing a sparky apprenticeship with the army be a good investment want to dual trade down the line.

>Labour thinks they will fix this when they want to increase refugee intake and are Soros pawns
Get fucked

>enrol at uni, even if it's the shittiest institution in the country
>qualify for youth allowance or Austudy just by virtue of being a student
>you even get a qualification out of it which might help you at some point

didnt you hear user, retail sales have been shit month after month for 3 months, fell short of expectations. December looks to be even worse for retail

SPICY!

t. hidden unemployed

Shit that's not a bad idea.
>Go doctor
>Muh anxiety and depression
>Muh gimmedats medication
>Muh too retarded to work now
>Muh gibmedats centrelinks

Any info on that cunt who burnt the bus driver yet?

Well thats fucked. i was hoping to get a casual job for the holidays